How come this failed?

it was funnier than "Pocahontas" and "Crooked Hilary"

Attached: DRUMPF!.jpg (1701x957, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_(Last_Week_Tonight)#Name_change_timing_dispute
youtube.com/watch?v=LibRNYJmZ-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because no one gave a shit. Any it was turned around on SJW/NPC folk because it’s how they sound when they say his name.

Attached: 257E1EAC-3C12-4649-A70B-487DCD045585.jpg (500x610, 56K)

first because the left can't meme, and the reason "Pocahontas" and "Crooked Hillary" worked is because they both reflect truth, whereas Drumpf reflects literally nothing but angry college students reeeeeing.

it was funny? its always seemed kind of stupid to me. tons of immigrants either changed their names or had the spelling changed accidentally at Ellis Island. I guess if democrats werent overwhelmingly historically retarded they would know this.

PRONALD PRUMPF??!!?!?

Because it was supposed to be an insult about his family changing its name as they entered the US, but that's what you are supposed to do, assimilate. Millions of Americans including myself had their family names changed when they came here.

It's a reminder that the left doesn't expect immigrants to assimilate and they make fun of the ones that do.

Attached: IMG_2103.png (333x507, 358K)

No it's fucking stupid and makes no sense.
Make Donald Drumph Again? What the fuck does that even fucking mean?

because right wingers use drumpf as a meme more than left wingers. whos it intended to upset?

truth is always funnier than a lie

Because it came from a position of hate more than from a position of just straight out mocking the target. For this reason it was easy to turn it around on them

the memes making fun of it were way funnier than the actual joke

We took it and turned it into a meme. Now if a leftist uses it, they know they're just a parody of themselves. So they don't use it because it makes them look exactly like we say they look. We've expertly wielded reverse psychology against them.
>Grombled Glumpfff!

BORNLAD BUMPDF

Attached: b93.jpg (600x637, 44K)

It failed because making fun of a name is something you do when you're 8 years old. Unless it has just a hilarious meaning in itself, but Drumpf is utterly meaningless.

this

Hillary Clinton failed
>thread

Trump is teaching us how to win.

it's funny when it's used ironically on Jow Forums like thse guys irony makes everthing 100x funnier, look at our hilldawgs memes

2bh I didn’t even know it happened till like 2 days before election day

There's nothing funny about using his recorded ancestors old german family name from the 1700 before it went trough "modernization" and "americanization".
It's pretty much calling the guy called Miller "Müller". It makes no sense.

PRUNTH!

Nicknames are not something intended to engage your thinking. Crooked Hillary tells me that Hillary is crooked, no further explanation required. I know Elizabeth Warren doesn't really look like Pocahontas so it makes her claim of ancestry look ridiculous.

Drumpf doesn't tell me anything, it sounds like the kid who got flexed on in the play yard being petulant. If you then have to explain that it was his immigrant grandfather's last name that he changed because reasons then you've already lost most of the people you're trying to appeal to because nobody really gives a shit.

tl;dr just make fun of his hair or weight, it'll be more effective.

how exactly is that supposed to be funny? Drumpf was his family's last name and they changed to Trump. are we supposed to shit on him for having an Americanized name?

Pocahontas is funny because Elizabeth Warren is clearly white but has larped as an Indian her entire career, even wrote a book titled Pow Wow Chow. everybody knows who Pocahontas is. calling her that brings attention to the fact that she larps as an Indian when she clearly isn't. he's mocking her hypocrisy which is funny.

Crooked Hilary should be self explanatory. Bernie Sanders was the first one to label her that and Trump ran with it. HRC is corrupt AF so it's a good adjective to attach to her name.

Because it's throwing rocks in a glass house, how many kikes changed their names? It's fucking countless there are so many. Trump's grandpa changed name, big deal.

Pic very related.

Attached: 11541515.jpg (537x416, 34K)

Because it was unfunny and only used ironically by trump's base

It's 2018 folks! 2018!

This. I always thought it was funny that the Democrats would choose a derisive nickname that is vaguely anti-immigrant.

honestly drumpf was their only good meme. its hilarious but not in their context

The left can't meme. It comes out cringy af like this.

It's not funny. Plus it an ugly word so it just makes anyone who says it sound ugly.

Because other people are really bad at this and come off poorly when they try Trump's own tricks themselves.

Attached: 1533347961819.gif (480x420, 1.58M)

It's basically why Democrats (by which I mean leftists) are doomed to failure. They have zero standards. Everyone knows it because it's been part of their brainwashing for the last 50 years. No attack they can make is at worthwhile because of it.

The vast majority of Trump's insults are clever, they reinforce visual components of the person they label and instantly remind you of the insult when you think of them.

What do you mean? It's the perfect word to make fun of anti-Trumpers

>DaE DRUMPF!?!?

Attached: trumpeclipse.jpg (750x421, 38K)

“Rocket Man” wasn’t clever desu. There’s far better insults for Kim. How about “Fatty Kim III”?

>calling the guy called Miller "Müller"

Attached: gnihihihi.jpg (450x432, 40K)

>Fatty Kim
You have to be 18 to post here kiddo
Rocket Man was perfect you fucking knuckle dragging nigger

This. For all their screeching and preaching, no one on the Left has found a single way to actually counter Trump. No one can out-Trump Trump. People have tried, only for it to backfire. Look at Rubio during the primaries, or Warren more recently. Vapid pop icons and the media can’t decide between pontificating on a moral high ground or beating Trump at his own game, and so keep alternating between the two extremes like a fucking schizo and failing at both. “Drumpf” is a particularly cringey example of this - let’s beat back the shallow, racist bigot by making fun of the way his ancestral family name sounds in English! Worst of all...it’s just not really that funny.

>Guy changes his name
>Someone in the family had their name changed and it was passed onto you.
Yes these are the same because a name change occurred.

Rocket Man is hilarious what are you 12?? I should knock you out for posting this nonsense

>his immigrant ancestors had a different name and changed it so they could integrate with their new country better

why is that funny?

Attached: baby confused.jpg (425x282, 133K)

Well....i think they’re trying to do a play on words with his slogan whilst trying to have this crappy cash grab merchandise campaign by saying “we’re all immigrants” but there’s too many holes in the logic from the phrase to the comprehension of it that it loses its message and leaves the audience wondering what the fuck it’s supposed to mean.......hence there’s threads like this on it.... if it was a clear message with truth of conviction behind it, it would make sense...

This. I think the big reason it didn't really hold any water is because it didn't matter. He didn't choose his name. His own father didn't choose his name.

Hell it's possible even his own grandfather didn't have anything to do with it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_(Last_Week_Tonight)#Name_change_timing_dispute

>While there was agreement among commentators that Drumpf was the Trumps' ancestral name, and that neither Donald Trump nor his father were named Drumpf,[25][8][a] they disagreed on whether the family name was changed in the 17th century or well into the 19th century, when Trump's grandfather Frederick Trump immigrated to the United States.

It was an almost baseless accusation about something that didn't even matter that much anyway.

>hurr durr trump's ancestors 120+ years ago might have changed their name from Drumpf to Trump

I mean what kind of political attack is that. There are so many other extremely more controversial things about him you could blow your load on and the left chooses that? I mean come on. I'm sure all of our last names had variations if you go back far enough. It's so stupid. It didn't catch on because it was dumb.

Pocahontas caught on because Elizabeth Warren still claims to this day that she is a pipe smoking member of the tribe even though she probably has less native american in her than your average white american. The Crooked Hillary line stuck because she's literally been called crooked since she was first lady to the governor of Arkansas. Those attacks stuck because they are relevant, the Drumpf thing didn't stick because it wasn't relevant.

Because Trump's family was legal, and Trump is only against illegals.

fpbp

Yeah, things don't really need to make sense for them and this is certainly one of those cases. It's extremely anti-immigrant for them to try to meme his family name.

You think they would do the same of a muslim, indian, or african immigrant that takes an anglicized name?

>lie about your ancestry to cheat your way into a university
vs
>grandfather legally changed last name a long time ago

huh

Because it wasn't funny at all. It was making fun of a name. That's 2nd grade bullshit, and anyone more mature than that hates it. Pocahontas and crooked Hillary are pointing out actual facts, like Warren faked being Indian for preferential treatment, and Hillary Clinton takes money from anyone. There wasn't even a joke to "drumpf", it's the same as laughing at someone with the last name "Gaylord", worse, actually, cuz drumpf doesn't even sound like anything.

Attached: 1540593358482.jpg (474x355, 21K)

Is that john oliver? What a waste of an orgasm that cunt is. What a droll little cumrag he turned out to be. Fuckin peanut

Exactly. It doesn’t mean anything and lots of people have weird last names anyway. Sure, people can be incredibly shallow and he would have had a harder time building his public persona with that name but it’s not a a legitimate... anything, really. It’s fucking nothing.

In this instance, it's delivered by John Oliver which makes it automatically as unfunny as anything else that snaggle-toothed jackass says. After the midterms, can we just run Oliver out of the country? I'm talking pitchforks, flaming torches, the whole bit-I really hate that limey fagstick.

DIMWALDO DRUMFFORTO

Attached: 1539732728221.jpg (1024x1024, 167K)

YOU HAVE SCOOPED YOUR LAST SCOOP!

Attached: 1529489600550.jpg (1190x595, 316K)

If you don't stop this Frumfft.

Attached: 1529120270925.gif (333x396, 250K)

There is a good video on why Trump managed to be so successful on his alliterations during the campaign while shit like Jon Oliver and Clinton just dug themselves deeper. youtube.com/watch?v=LibRNYJmZ-I Mind the fact that this was DURING the election that the guy made the video detailing all the shit Trump was up to.

Imma scoop up my boys and the police are gonna have to scoop you off the streets!

Attached: 215.jpg (600x582, 36K)

DONDENDANLOD DURMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1242x795, 574K)

ALL YOU GET IS ONE SCOOP!

Attached: ONE SCOOP.png (380x550, 273K)

Because it was stupid?

We can't let this man have the nuclear codes! He's a DISGRACE to me and it's time to imbleech DONALD BLORMFF!

Attached: 1528767141259.jpg (197x387, 94K)

MAKE DONALD DUMPF AGAIN

because its just German for trump

Full control over msm and narrative and they still not funny

Attached: GHORARRLLSDD GRUMPOGHHHH.png (1280x720, 647K)

I still don't get the insult. Is it because it sounds like "Dumb" or something?

The kikes were upset that Trump called out john stewart for changing his kike name. So in retaliation they started calling him by the name of this great grandfather or something. Its really quite silly.

Attached: 2 scoops.gif (500x277, 124K)

So drumffy; did you really think you could have all the scoops and not be impeached? I mean.. come on... it's the current year.. bud.

Attached: 1538783092277.jpg (830x1024, 103K)

Attached: 1513129157790.jpg (732x968, 386K)

Drumpf is actually an alpha name, tho

haha thank you for this

>Our biggest big big big boy weapon is "The Name Sounds Funny"
>Nothing about Trump's character whatsoever

The left are meme masters, I bow down!

I made that Colbert face, it's the best one. I am great.

Attached: 1539698130180.jpg (419x1024, 66K)

Lebowitz's butt buddies had to defend the inbred child molesting kike from the big orange meanie!

Attached: 1518847821311.jpg (776x1002, 284K)

Because it sounds like you're having a blood vessel in your head pop.

Attached: 1511294348820.jpg (505x490, 70K)

I actually don't believe that the name was Drumpf but rather Trumpf, since that is just Trump in German and basically all German names are based on an actual word, Drumpf has no meaning.

It was funny?

I just thought it was autistic tier, raging nonsense reeeeeeeeing from angry leftists who couldn’t come up with anything clever.

Even if it was, so what lol.

Like really, making fun of someone's name? Childish.

Even if they go on about the name changing well, how many Jews do that...

I say Drumpf.

Did you really? I need more please.

The libs could not see the potential meme capital of drumpf.
Damn shame it is.

Attached: 1540137353548.gif (108x122, 327K)

It was forced and not organic. Also no one gives a shit about lefty faggots.

Because we find it funny.

Attached: 1539928913782.jpg (1420x1744, 614K)

>Trump literally calling out Jewish chameleonism 5 years ago
OMGHE IS LITERALLY HITLER TIMES CAESAR THATS WHAT AN EIGHT YEAR OLD CHILD WHISPERED TO ME

Attached: CE18115E-946F-4671-9070-E85DA60DE2C0.png (645x773, 21K)

Because it perfectly encapsulates the left's inability to form a coherent argument against trump's position.

The whole thing comes down to DRUMPFH.

Crooked Hillary wasn't meant to be funny.

Pocahontas is 6,000,000% funnier than Preschool-tier DWUMMMPHFF!

Look at these maga hat wearing drumf supporters, all betas

Attached: drumpf hats.jpg (1024x819, 306K)

>john oliver: drumpf drumpf drumpf
>right winger1: you sound like a retard lets make fun of you
>right winger2: haha hurr im a progressive hurr drumpf drumpf drumpf durrrr
>six months of drumpf later
>progressives: haha stop saying drumpf you sound r-r-retarded
>john oliver: in this next episode we'll see why "drumpf" has become so popular in nazi right winger circle and why they're stupid for it and we're not

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.png (1022x731, 643K)

Because it is a disgrace to make fun of you because of your name.

Especially this "comedian" who did try to make it a meme looks like a loser.

Calling him drumpf is like us saying obongo.

Its an ethnic attack on his family name. Sad!

Russia is going to crush you and we will just watch it happen and laugh.

Fucking current year man is getting more and more unhinged

Attached: 106a_Mr._Crocker.jpg (360x556, 13K)