How can I achieve ego death?

How can I achieve ego death?

Do I want to achieve ego death?

Attached: immolation.jpg (3008x2000, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no you don't, it's not for weak people

psychoactive drugs can do it, or intense meditation. the mind has to kind of shut off for it to happen.

That photograph is always captivating. It's incredible how he managed to maintain his composure, I can't imagine what his last moments felt like or what must have been going through his mind.

>fuckin' jews

who wants to achieve ego death?

listen to what said

i highly doubt you have the mental fortitude to achieve it

What does this have to do with politics?
>how do I do x
>do I want to do x
You sound like a complete retard but no, at least from my experience, it's pointless and a bit traumatizing. If you were a loser before experiencing ego death it's not like you're going to suddenly not be a loser after it. You sound like the travel roasties who want to visit every country "just because XD".
Try self improvement

Attached: 1463191596876.jpg (425x282, 22K)

fpbp
these are the easy and hard way
the undesirable way for ego death can come from a near-death experience

Getting rid of your ego is the hardest thing you'll ever do. Essentially you need to truly understand you are not your ego, you are your higher self. The ego will then attempt to identify with the higher self to retain its importance and in that moment it's gone. All you'll know is the you you were destined to be.
Good luck.
P.S. If you don't have an inner monologue you do not have a higher self and you should just give up on your goal now.

These monks and martyrs, people who've entirely overcome worldly passions and impulses and attachments, severed even from the fear of death and suffering - have they experienced ego death, or is ego death something else for hippie degenerates?

I'm thinking of Stirner's egoism, etc: the ego is a drive for pure self interest and aggrandizement. I'm assuming it feeds off primal human appetites related to the reptilian brain, the Id, the primeval self. It is a slave to worldly impulses, desires, fears. With the death of the ego, this conception of the self and the binding ties of egoism and it's appetites, is all the remains the purely rational and transcendental faculty of man? You've essentially shed your base human quality for a divine mind of pure reason and tranquility?

Is this what strain combined the Christian ascetics and martyrs to equally selfless, if not more so, figures such as Oriental monks? Of am I completely off the mark here? Considering the alternative hippie variation of ego death seems to be profligate degeneracy and licentiousness based on pure feeling and pleasure - assuming the Id, reptilian brains appetites, etc - than strict corporeal discipline and the abandonment of those appetites for spiritual transcendence altogether?

Attached: 1540674361446.jpg (480x640, 80K)

I'm just curious, I saw the photo of the immolating monk and ego death popped into my mind, so I thought the philosophy types here could maybe clarify.

I've always assumed it was referring to a central part of becoming, but I don't know which philosophic school it relates to, it seems pretty universal. And maybe realizing who you are isn't for everybody.

Attached: 1531262661586.jpg (857x1134, 201K)

>Man so fed up with jewish bullshit he forgets pain exists

Attached: 51812767-4B93-4E99-8F12-C3DA50B1E6E8.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

I have felt something I pin close but not really close truly, just on the direction.
Those moments right before falling asleep, when your mind wanders, and you know that nothing should exist, but most obviously it does. This is less of ego death and reality death, you get a feeling of being trapped in a jar.
I think anyone who actually considers the universe will have something like that.

You can achieve ego death by smoking a bowl of 60x Salvia extract in an average-sized one-hitter.

It is not pleasant, life affirming or comfortable, but it certainly puts things into perspective.

For instance, "You" and "Me" are nonsense concepts that persist because they are useful.

>"You" and "Me" are nonsense concepts that persist because they are useful.
What about (You) and OP?

Stick a dildo up your was like you fellow citizen McInnes.

this. craziest fuckin thing I’ve ever experienced. It actually hurt quiete a bit physically. Mentally it was like I didn’t exist but existed as a transient speck of obersvation. Seemed like I was just seeing chaos in all 360’ by 360’. If you’ve ever hit your head really hard, there is this brief moment of hazy detatchment from reality. Its like a stronger, clearer and longer version of that. Absolutely insane. You can’t think thoughts, but I remember feeling a primitive “aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!”. I didn’t feel normal for a few days. It was such a shock to the ego. 10/10 don’t underestimate psychedelics.

Ego death precludes you from ordinary society again, you might want it now, but what about in 25 years time.

Nihilism

Indian Ascetics Hindus are known and older than Hindus the Zoroastrians - been said that they have engaged this practice for several thousand years of tradition often under oppressive worldly empires that have risen and fallen.

I once mediated myself into that space but I was very aware. I was trying to visualize a statue, and things were foggy until I entered that strange zone. Onxe there, the magnificent statue before me was real as any other.

>Be a retarded poo in loo
there's your answer

you can do it with psychedelics. i have achieved it. the downside is you dont see any purpose to life because you view yourself as a meat puppet driven by biological and psychological desires. a total NPC.

i dont recommend it.

Ride around town on a 49cc scooter.

Religion
Ascetism is looked down upon in all modern surviving sects of Judaism whereby the smallest and oldest group of Jews studied and practised ascetism and the separation of themselves from material ownership. This has since become a lost practice with the converging and domination of other Jewish practices that conflicted with ascetism. As much as people hate Judaism, alot of the older practices were noble and I respect them for that. Modern day Judaism encourages excess and the acquiring of wealth as to be 'poor' and shed materialism is considered 'wrong'!

Well, having been far new age road, I would advise against it.
You NEVER get the peace you seek.
You get peace like feels, but then they fade.
It's all a massive time sink.
The promise of "more" is never quite fulfilled.

I took a year to study the Bible and accepted Jesus as Saviour.
Some people have some big life changing event.
I didn't. I did slowly get better able to deal with life.
I am not happy about many things, but am content, at peace.

Take a look...
To be safe for all eternity:
A: Admit that you are a sinner, who violates the Will of God, and that you need a Saviour.
B: Believe that Jesus Christ, Son of God & Messiah, died for you sins and rose again, as prophesied and recorded in the Word of God.
C: Call on His name, ask Him to save you, and confess that He is Lord.

Some resources that may help:
TTB.org has a verse by verse Bible Study for download or daily listening.
Chuck Missler’s Learn the Bible in 24 Hours (youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
Robert Breaker’s Bible Study and Topical Sermons (youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)

The End is nigh. Tomorrow may be too late.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1179, 1.1M)

Kek

In Asia it is believed that "i am here because you are there" the sense of 'self' is actually not a thing, which is why most of the populations of these places are incredibly aware of their surroundings. the exception to this is China as they basically deleted all forms of culture and replaced it with some haphazard communist rhetoric then backpeddalling and then going hey capitalism is okay so lets do that instead.

Do you realize how obviously you're contradicting yourself?
>Yeah my ego was gone
>Here's how I felt about it

You want to achieve mastery over the ego. Ego death is temporary. The thing grows back. You can easily kill the ego with lots of psychedelics but only once you work your way up so you can actually handle that. But I dont think that's what you really want, because deep down the soul desires to retain it's current identity yet not be completely restricted by it.

You need to practice mindfulness and meditation. Psychedelics may help but any quick and easy path has its drawbacks, and they can only help you to better understand yourself if you're committed to that intention. Plenty of people waste the time spent in that mind state dicking around.

“Ego death” in its fullest definition is completely impossible. In order to become universally objective, you must no longer be the subjective. And since any human being is a subject, you will forever be a subjective replication of what you think the objective truth is. Imagine amazing mountain ranges representing objective truth, and every subject’s attempt at following and replicating that truth is akin to that of taking a picture of that mountain with the best camera you can find, but, no matter what you do, no matter how good of a picture it is, it will never be that mountain.
This is the same thought process as the unending struggle of the Ubermensch philosophy, or the Will to power, as Schopenhauer wrote.
Hoped this help, I’m happy to explain more if I’m able to.

It grows back. The ego death is a temporary state.

summon baal within an innocent child through ritual abuse and then sacrifice it and consume the heart and third eye to meet him and offer your soul.

Attached: moloch 22.jpg (370x444, 62K)

Achieve ego death?

You are not important

Nobody is more important than anyone else. No exceptions.

Never listen to praise as something you are doing right as doing right in other's eyes is EGO

Criticism of you is never personal and you can do wrong things as a human being. If you constantly do things wrongly, then you need to reassess whether it is everyone else or just yourself. might not be the right thing for you.

doing right in your own eyes with the intent to do well for oneself and respecting other people is ego.

Look up what Moksha is. Hindu renunciates strive their whole lives to attain it by giving up everything, chiefly women (lust) and gold. They live lives of utter poverty, dettachment and desirelessness and never stay in any fixed location for more then three days. Simply being aware of the sex difference between men and women means such realisation is still far off for such a person.

If you are unwilling to do the same you will not progress one iota towards such a state of mind.

Those that have reached such a state of mind all state that God alone is the only actor in this world and that we are all merely witnesses/observers of the world which might be likened to God's play/sport. Only once one has reached such a realisation and become a jivanmukta can one be said to have free-will.

Real answer: DMT. Do you want to? I don't know, do you want to experience what it's like to be dead and fully understand the futility of existence? If you want happiness be as ignorant as possible. Enlightenment is both a gift and a curse.

if they're useful they're not nonsense

many of the druggies ITT talk a load of shit and think it has any meaning lmao

I love it when people talk about stuff they know nothing about.

Where can I read more? Is this sort of like Nietzsche's concept of the Ubermensch as well, governed by pure will, presumably overcoming other petty motivators like instinct and appetite? Living a life governed by your own law?

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ubermensch is a very broad concept, the aspect relating Ubermensch philosophy to ego death is the fact that in its eternal struggle, you are always striving to be as objective as possible, but, you must recognize you will never ever be fully objective, that is what’s separates us from nature. You can read Schopenhauer’s “will to power” volumes, but be advised you need to read A LOT about it beforehand, as well as listen to a song much videos and reviews of it as you can, due to it being so hard to understand. You will need to take notes for every paragraph, as that’s how it was meant to be read. You can start easier by going on YouTube and simply learning about Schopenhauer/nietzche and their philosophies.

It's called being a sociopath.

Furthermore, we do not live life governed by our own laws, man’s law is automatically false, as we are supposed to follow nature’s laws, which have been always eternal. The willpower comes in when we reject our subjective influences such as wanting to masturbate, or eat like shit, and so on, in order to be as naturally connected to the world around you as you can.

Ego death really only helps people who are those super macho types that are completely retarded and selfish and can't think outside of themselves. Those guys that think they are god's gift to everything. For most people that aren't complete tools like that, ego death is damaging and can completely ruin a person's life and make them feel afraid of the world, or unable to cope with the reality of life in such a way to be successful. It makes people ok with mediocrity and never striving for more. Prone to this "simple life" mentality because they are unable to process things needed to keep up with modern life and success.

Seriously, I would not recommend it unless you find yourself often irrationally angry and always find blaming other people for your problems.

Ego death? I suggest believing everything Trump says.

Care you elaborate? I've read A LOT about this.

but by becoming aware of ego-subjectivity you can "approach" objectivity
kind of like how empiricism works, but more mystical

Right, but is that what Nietzsche believed? I was always under the impression he didn't believe such a thing, and hence there are the rumors about his degeneracy and consecration to sexual profligacy, etc?

I guess there are various groups with varied interpretations, at least.

>just turn off your survival instincts and power off your brain bro
Ego death is a meme

>think it has any meaning
it doesn't have meaning, that's the whole point

All this ego nonsense is mostly from pawns and people who don't understand anything. Lots of NPCs talk about this ego stuff but it's all just nonsense that means "act like I want, do what I like". It's a nonsense term created by a cokehead that describes almost nothing and gets at even less.

I wouldn't worry about it OP, real people who understand Mr. Buddha's memes don't care about it either.

A part of me wants to believe this level of discipline can be achieved. Another part of me suspects drugs were in effect.

When you realize that that kind of internal dialogue you have with yourself is not actually you, just a kind of prehistoric monologue meant to give you an identity and a reason to survive and suffer in order to continue, when you realize there is a deeper, simpler, more universal being behind those layers and drapes that have been up over decades of living through your ethnicity and culture and having a certain family and living in a certain period of history, reading certain things, hearing certain music, when you realize those are just layers you can peel away and find your true inner self you will have achieved ego death.

Good luck because the Buddhist monks who try to find it literally mediate in mountain caves for up to a year on end in solitude to achieve it. Not joking, they literally go down the mountain once a month to collect food in a bag other monks left them. Its very interesting psychology, Buddhists were ahead of their time, most dumb Christians just write it off as nihilism in their dumb kike on a stick worshiping ignorance.

then why bother speaking
this is like nihilism and that stirnerism shit, if its meaningless then just fuck off

Nietzhe was naturally nihilistic, hence why he went insane towards the end of his life. The rhetoric he used may have never consisted of adhering to nature, but knowing he knew the difference between objective law and subjective man’s law, I’m sure he could tell the difference. And even if he didn’t believe in it, he’s wrong. He is a subject. You adhere to natures laws, not a man who wrote books trying to interpret them.

I like to think ego death as a movie play that begins the very moment the last member of audience has exited the theater. The empty black screen and angry spectators waiting for something, anything to happen to only have the screen making them wait more and more. It happens when the last spectator says ”screw it, i’m outta here!” And closes the door shut.

The ego death is for no one to have, for there can be no one to witness it. Looked from another point of view, It is like the seen and the seer have come together for a spin and then this pair for a moment collapses in unison. It is like a candle flame that flickers and then for a moment blows itself out. It is like a waveform that collapses, stops, halting everything for immeasurable time, bouncing from there back up into life again, like a ray of light from a mirror, but with switched phase, looking the same but forever thoroughly changed. But this is only an analogy: everything is different, yet at the same time everything is all the same stuff. Experience goes, but the new insight stays. Once ”seen”, it cannot be ”unseen.”

It can be achieved by seeing the world, our experience as it is, naked, raw, without filters, without obstructions, without concepts. NDE, meditation, traumatic experiences... There are many roads to it. I’d say meditation is the safest and most preferrable. Psychedelics used with caution can definitely help, but they have their own triggers for ”wild goose chases.” I have read many trip reports where the tripper has ”had it” within their grasp, but the experience has been too overwhelming for them to understand without mind and the ego fabricating emergency exits.

First rule in the chase of achieving ego death is to see that the last thing that ego wants is its own death. Traveling through the pinhole of now must be done without luggage, without itineraries. Good luck.

I agree with you, I think that's key. Thanks for your responses

You don’t need psychedelics to become close to objective, being brain dead and WOKE aren’t he same thing, giving yourself a 3-d mentality is merely an illusion itself, literally, you are hallucinating truth, you, your subconscious, you are still subjective because you’re interpretations of ego death are still coming from that subconscious place that psychedelics peak out are still coming from you. You know what, I take part of that back,psychedelics could be used by higher “intellectuals” to maybe drop their ego further, sure, but 99% of people are merely doing it just to feel even more brain dead than they already are.

Well there is no philosophy board so I suppose this post is fine here. At least its not a race baiting lefty/pol/ troll.

So the way I see the ego, is a record of impactful memories and feelings.
Experiences you've had as this incarnation. However the real you. Its the you that you don't think about. It's your beating heart. Your breathing. All of it so complex its beyond comprehension. From the synapses of your brain, to the billions of bacteria that live in your guts. The code of DNA and cellular mitosis.
And when you look even closer, you see that all of this is pure energy.
Energy vibrating in different ways.
And when you look into this energy. You find, that there is nothing that we would think as real.
It's quarks and higgs bossons.
Its energy that appears and disappears. Energy made out of the very fabric of reality.
And all of it is connected. Every thing in existence.
"You are something the entire universe is doing. The same as a wave is something the entire ocean is doing" - Allan Watts.
You are the universe experiencing itself subjectively.

Hope it helped.

Bit brutal, I can see your point.
I looked for a philosophy board, didn't see one. I thought maybe random. Then I thought, they are probably insane.

But you do realize that when you're dying you trip DMT? It is literally something that eases death, helps you move on. Using it as a drug while you're still living is a very strange and uncharted territory for man. Tripping DMT and coming back to our perception of reality, with all the cultural structures, and not so obvious mechanisms in our world, will surely change your outlook and definitely your ego.

You learn nothing from it, you are not taught anything, there’s is no new life lesson used in any practicality, again, it might be applied to higher intellectuals such as government officials, but again, that can only effect a temporary mindset, as they will again return to their subjective mindset influenced by instinct and social interaction, no matter who.
It “eases you into death” because it’s just another drug, it’s just an extreme form of what serotonin or dopamine will do to you, yet with hallucinatory factors that distract you from that death (unless you think it’s a real opening into some other plane of existence) either way, in what’s practicality is there in taking any psychedelic?

Kek

Spot on

>FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS IS HOT
>FUCK I AM DYING

>smug Stirner.gif
If anything you should achieve the death of every thing that isn't your ego.

Depends, it's a very subjective thing. All actions have consequences whether they're obvious or not. You may learn something useful, or maybe you won't, I personally don't recommend psychedelics but if you compared them to most other drugs, they are generally a much safer choice. Sometimes people have epiphanies just from dreaming. So when you're dealing with something as powerful as this, I wouldn't necessarily count learning / benefiting out.

Meditation. The western world does not understand it. His mind was at peace and his sacrifice had a purpose.

Real talk

Ego death is made up by spergs one row is. It’s really just staring at your gut in the mirror in an eighth of mushrooms relizing what a degenerate you’ve been

Attached: 6C2BC0B9-1658-4BFE-9866-7B5273DC2F61.jpg (382x597, 72K)

I would advise don’t intoxicate yourself in general