Hindusim general

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single founder,
>A specific theological system,
>A single concept of deity,
>A single holy text,
>A single system of morality,
>A central religious authority,
>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Attached: images (18).jpg (551x556, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.280367
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmI20hfldFOuUuZTlIBiTCzp36tWvXd-I
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGSMcizEZuIoQ70CYlWOcWsS-6jJn22cY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Political Significance of Hinduism in this Age

All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>"At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [guna or temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser."

With regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources
>Introduction for westerners
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.280367

>Bhagavad Gita
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas
sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

Attached: images (2).jpg (350x439, 32K)

Daily reminder that if your Gods have limited powers or limited scope they can't be considered Gods. They are just superhumans, prove me wrong.

>G*D

Calling out around the world
Can you please send bobs vagene?
Diwali's here and the time is right
For shitting in the street
They're shitting in Bokaro
Down in New Delhi
Up in Bangalore City

All we need is curry, sweet curry
Shittin' curry everywhere
The shit'll be sprayin', hindus prayin'
Shitting in the street

Oh, it doesn't matter where you poo
Just as long as it aint in the loo
So come on, every desi, cop a squat
If the street's, designated or not
They'll be shitting
They're shitting in the street

It's the new sensation, in defecation
Or my name ain't Pajeet
They'll be laughing, shitting, sandals slipping
Shitting in the street

Ahmedabad, hey
Chennai and Bhopal now
Can't forget the Ganjes river

All we need is curry, sweet curry
Shittin' curry everywhere
The shit'll be sprayin', hindus prayin'
Shitting in the street

Oh, it doesn't matter where you poo
Just as long as it aint in the loo
So come on, every desi, cop a squat
If the street's, designated or not
Shitting
They're shitting in the street

Way down in Mumbai
Every day
(Shitting in the street)
A beach full of poo, for me and you
We're shitting in the street
(Shitting in the street)

Attached: 52b4de1cf7172855a0f474e16f72a823.jpg (731x480, 78K)

Why not riot?

>When u that realize that Krishna is Vishnu is Atman is Brahman

Attached: 1539248447227.jpg (853x1202, 1.2M)

*when u realize

t. Paki
(saved)

Friendly reminder that this semi domesticated animals shit on the streets and wash themselves in the most disgusting river on earth, do not pay attention to this heathens.

Attached: 5FEBE7CB-7749-4BF1-A17A-5D467946BAC0.jpg (560x420, 83K)

Almost everywhere throughout the ancient world gods were considered to have a limited domain of power. It wasn't until the Jewish religions that the "one true God with unlimited power" meme began.

Attached: BFA44AAE-E064-411A-BF79-5AF57C38C861.jpg (634x476, 75K)

Vishu isn't atman that's iskon subversion

Attached: D0FA4C8E-37AF-40A0-A50B-4FA3C522CA18.jpg (679x452, 35K)

That's wrong but i get where you're coming from. The ancients knew the difference between Gods and all-powerful Godhead. THe Abrahamic religions got the concept all mixed up and basically started worshipping a demigod as if he was all powerful Godhead aka Vishnu when really he wasn't. That's my take on it anyway

Is it now?

Attached: emoji thinking cup.jpg (425x425, 24K)

>god head
Iskon subversion

Attached: 400C4870-D40C-408E-9AA3-E7FFA72A76EE.jpg (615x409, 61K)

Redpill me on ISKCON subversion

Yes, atman is part of the universal conciseness, krishna refres to it in 3rd person in the Geeta iskon purposely mis translates it

I'm reading Prabhupada's version are you telling me it's a wrong translation?

The majority of the physical texts available in the west a monopoly of iskon the purposefully mis interpret sanskrit to teach Bible through the geeta making practicing bhakti yoga towards who himself advocated against it

Yes
Read what the Geeta press is it will become clear to you

why does he look like a dunmer from skyrim?

Nice bong. Don't fill it from the loo.

>What is Zoroastrianism
Anyway you didn't make an argument against my post lol you just told me people believed in Polytheism as if I didn't already know that.

>that same Mexican who is OBSESSED with India
You know you’ve posted those photos before with those EXACT file names.

Gee, imagine being this obsessed.

>skyrim
Xd
The concept of "god" is different in eastern region, read rene guenon

It's called having a india hate folder, don't get triggered

That’s an iOS GUID, his entire gallery is full of pictures from the worst parts of India. Lol

Attached: 12485632545625437.png (464x336, 135K)

Hinduism is Satanism. So is Judaism and Islam.

Cringe lad

Attached: finnicdeathsquadsFINAL.png (1024x768, 1.02M)

I don't buy the part about how you need a teacher in addition to the texts to learn Hinduism. Sounds like a way of muddying the waters to make them seem deep, and of course controlling followers by withholding knowledge "for their own good."

I don't agree with that either, in this age of information everything is out their

Reeeeeeee

And christianism is sucking my dick

It originated around 400 AD, with the rise of Aryanism in India, that only Brahmins are able to speak the language of Gods and the rest of the plebs should just sit back and listen whatever say.

Read the Gita, the Vedas, the Upanishads and the Mahabharata. That’s all there is to spirituality in Hinduism. Maybe read some of Siddharth’s (Buddha) works if you’re interested in a less orthodox version of Indian philosophy.

Anything other than this should be avoided, especially the Manusmriti, and the works that come after that.

A bit more heretic would be the works of Kabir, who campaigned against superstition in India in the 1600s, and wanted to replace orthodox Islam and superstitious Hinduism with a more philosophical and less ritualistic version, which ended up eventually becoming Sikhism after Nanak and other Gurus came after and their works got compiled in the Guru Granth Sahib, the central book of Sikhism.

Dear Hindu bro, please elaborate on explaining WHY THE FUCK Vishnu is NOT blue-colored in the (सिया के राम)? It's a pretty faithful adaptation of Ramayana all things considered, but THEY'VE UTTERLY FUCKED UP on the presentation of Vishnu in it! WHY THE FUCK!?

Cause vishu isn't blue? Can you link me to what you ate talking about

Coz Bollywood. Imagine Hollywood, now make everything 100 times shittier, that's Bollywood.

Dude, did you actually watch that show if you wanna watch mahabharat or Ramayan tv shows from the 80s
Ramanand Sagar - Sampoorna Ramayan (With English Subtitles): youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmI20hfldFOuUuZTlIBiTCzp36tWvXd-I

MAHABHARAT (English Subtitles): youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGSMcizEZuIoQ70CYlWOcWsS-6jJn22cY

Thanks for the recommendations, fren. Siddhartha was an intellectual giant in his day.

you are all kike shills for not talking about their understanding of energy cultivation.

?

Attached: images (9).jpg (602x316, 50K)

Attached: The_Celestial_Chariot_(6124515635).jpg (1173x1493, 1.48M)

>Vishu isn't blue?
U w0t m8?

Mahabharata sucks as a story, mang. Even if it's a sequel of Ramayana/came later, I couldn't care less about it, especially not after I've found out how it all ends in it. Ramayana is a much more interesting story, since it's LITERALLY a J-RPG and a Super Mario/Makaimura game during last several parts of it.

Also, I've got into Ramayana and watching it's TV adaptation only because it's currently an on-going premiered run in Russia, on "Culture" Channel (the 5-th), which is at 84-th episode (out of 304, holy shit) today.

I saw several episodes of the modern day TV adaptation of Mahabharata a couple months ago, it was HILARIOUS of how BAD the acting was due to IMMENSE facial overreactions from leading actors (especially the dude who plays Dhritarashtra, his face a lone is already a fucking meme, but when he starts rolling his "blind" eyes back and putting on strong facial overreaction, it's SUPER-LAUGHABLE), but outside of that one aspect it was actually kind of boring. Ramayana is a literal fucking J-RPG and a Makaimura/Super Mario product, so it's quite entertaining (especially after Ravana starts being insanely BUTTMAD and gets his ass handed to him by Kali/Alaksmi).

Attached: Vishnu.gif (490x570, 1.58M)

Vishnu isn't blue, that's just artistic representation, secondly
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

Also only the old Ramayan and mahabharata rv show count everything new is trash

Jesus is just a superhuman. Prove me wrong.

>Vishnu isn't blue, that's just artistic representation
Literally 98.82% of ALL images of Vishnu EVER made (old and modern day alike) depict him as blue-skinned (same with Ganesha), WTF are you on about mang?

He's not even a human. He literally came from a star. He's an extraterrestrial, a.k.a. alien.

If they only have a limited domain of power, why would you worship them? I might as well start worshipping Donald Trump or maybe Mel Gibson.

The only reason to worship God is that he is the eternal, omnipotent good who created everything in existence. A limited and imperfect "god" would deserve adherence no more than a human does.

Attached: ALWAYSSAVED.jpg (1113x705, 394K)

He isn't blue, that's a misconceptions westeners have as they take stuff at face value

Attached: images (19).jpg (184x274, 6K)

>G*D

I thought only jews were afraid to use God's name.

>everything new is trash
How so? I thought actors were looking and playing pretty fine in the (सिया के राम). Sure, I can't say how accurate/faithful this is to the original Ramayana story/verses, or if it's worse/better than the old TV shows, but judging purely as a person who never saw this story being played in a live action format before, it seemed pretty high budged and well acted for me personally. While Mahabharata only got high visual budget, but sucks badly actor play/looks-wise, IMHO. Am I wrong with my assumptions? Again, it's currently an ongoing premiere in my country's TV network and I''m watching it for the first time ever, so I'm judging it as it goes and I can't say if it gets much worse or better later.

The old stuff was made by religious autist who cared about accuracy, the new stuff is mostly made to generate TRP, give the shows I liked a watch you'll enjoy them much more

I'm not afraid of your desert god, religions like yours a mark of this age

>misconceptions westerners have
>literally 98% of ALL Vishu's images existing out there are of Hindu and Buddhist origin
>he's very clearly blue in all of them
>Westerners' misconceptions
YOU MADE THIS SHIT, and you were making this shit for CENTURIES, and now YOU'RE saying it's wrong/inaccurate!? What the fuck, mang!?

Yep, that poster doesn’t have an idea.

Honestly this doesn’t apply to many newer Indian productions. The era of goofy ness was the 90s-00s. I’ve noticed the quality of Indian TV shows going up for the most part in this decade.

Attached: 381AC0E1-4173-4949-8303-72DB854774DF.jpg (455x674, 46K)

Here’s a weird thing, he’s dark in the scripture, but blue in his depictions.

The reason, and this is what my grandmother told me, is that it was hard to depict the colour black on the painting because it looks ridiculous, so they chose blue instead, and it became the norm.

Krishna is dark skinned, the word for dark in sanskrit is very close to blue that's where this meme started from, also most statues don't represent him as blue as the image in my last posts shows

>The old stuff was made by religious autist who cared about accuracy
Is Vishnu/Ganesha blue in it? Do they look authentic costume/body/face/trunk-wise? If so, I'll watch that after I finish this one.

Kali (literal word for a black female) is a demon form of Parvati. She’s depicted as blue for example.

Attached: 813CE68B-23F8-45B5-A8D8-68C5943F5B7A.jpg (220x306, 36K)

They aren't blue, but the costume is spot in

Her actual depiction should be more closer to this.

Attached: 01C5BAD7-D6A1-4768-BF82-F6B61F645D54.jpg (647x404, 47K)

I personally find Mahabharata much more complex and engaging. You can find every human trait in the characters.

what is the story of buddhism and how it broke off from hinduism? didnt they throw him out or something?

An omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent God does not make sense in a world where evil exists.
So why do you worship something that does not make sense?

Yep the watchers used to rule the earth before God got pissed and bound Lucifer in chains in Antarctica

How do you feel about Prabhupāda's poisoning at the hands of his envious disciples? I heard it's all too common in india. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvatī was also poisoned. Shankara Acarya was given ground glass. That faggot Sadhguru was accused by his own parents even, of killing his first wife to make room for the next one.

Nobody threw him out. He is regarded as a reincarnation/Avatar of Vishnu.

Are the vedas the equivalent to havalma or poetic edda? Hunduism seems interesting and id like to read into its mythology

Only by Buddist believe he was an avatar

So...Vishnu is just a NIGGER!?

BTW, in (सिया के राम) Kali/Alaksmi is BLACK, not blue, so it means that's a pretty faithful adaptation representation-wise (however, Vishnu is of normal human skin color in this, for some bizarre reason...were they just out of paint and decided to run along with it?).

That's pretty much how she looks in (सिया के राम), though even more BLACKER/DARKER (literally pitch-black).

Krishna is just one of Vishnu's avatars (and pretty shitty one, to the boot. He literally cannot hold a candle to Rama or others before him), so whatever.

I'm actually a huge fan of the Chinese "Dream of the Red Chamber", and that thing is truly FUCKHUEG, and when I saw Mahabharata for the first time I've immediately got a "Indian Red Chamber" kind of a feel, but then I've read about the ending of Mahabharata as a story in a whole and got disinterested royally. Mahabharata might not be bad by itself most of it's run through as a story, but it's ending SUCKS ASS!

Ramayna is literally on the same level by both power and significance as Bible, Koran and Iliad, if anything.

Thanks

he died then came back only to die again, jesus is a class A cuck

...that was other way around?
He came, he died, then he came back and ascended.

No, srimad bhagavatam says buddha is one of the desa avataras. You must be some tamil faggot. They have this hate boner for brahmins and the vedas

so than it spread to the east? was it more evangalistic than hinduism? why didnt hinduism not spread out of india?

Hinduism and Judaism were historically not that intent on evangelism. Both these religions have more cultural/ethnic roots. Like the pagan religions of Europe & the religions of China, the missionary zeal was absent. There is nothing in the religious texts that makes it a duty of the followers to spread the religion.

On the other hand, Buddhism, Christianity and Islam were designed to be evangelistic and founded with an explicit desire to "root out" the existing practices. Their followers zealously took into their head that they found a secret that they want the "ignorant world" to know about.

Hinduism also lacked the equivalent of Emperors Ashoka and Constantine who respectively spread Buddhism & Christianity through a massive empire. These emperors also sent their missionaries all over the world, carrying the religious message. Islam was aided by the swords of Arab and Persian empires and later the Ottomans. Although Raja Raja Chola and Krishna Deva Raya did their best to fight for Hinduism, their empires were not that big.

What's the difference between dying and going to heaven?

That said, Hinduism at one point was all over South East Asia. You can still see the remnants of that rich culture in the Hindu temples of Bali and Angkor Wat. Kings of Thailand are named "Rama", Laos is named after Rama's son (Lava) and Indonesia's national symbol is the Garuda.

Outside of South East Asia, we have countries like Mauritius, Guyana, Fiji, Suriname and Trinindad where Hinduism is a dominant religion.

Siddharth Gautam was born in Lumbini, and he was of the Kshatriya caste. He became a prince and married Yashodhara. Back then, India or more specifically Northern India was divided into 16 Mahajanapadas (Maha = Mega, Jan = People, Pada = Sitting place, “Mega State”). He was born in Kosala, and his father was an emperor, not of the Kosala Mahajanapada, but the leader of one of the Houses (Sakhya) which was ruling the Kosala Mahajanapada.

Eventually, it seems he got fed up with living like a prince in the middle of the Himalayas, and this is described well in folklore. He left his palace after they had a son, and he wasn’t interested in becoming a part of the administration.

So from Kosala, he made his journey into the Magadha Mahajanapada, and learnt Magahi. There he began preaching, and his teachings were heard by crowds of people, and then were compiled and written into works later on.

In short, it didn’t really branch away from Hinduism because it wasn’t based on it. It was a different ideology entirely.

After 300 years of Buddha’s death, Magadha rose to power and eventually incorporated all the Mahajanapadas as well as much of Pakistan and Afghanistan to large swathes of th Dravidian kingdoms in the South to form the Mauryan Empire. Ashoka (The third Mauryan Emperor) declared war on Kalinga which was a somewhat autonomous region. There was a total of 70,000 casualties. 10k on the Mauryan side and 60k on the Kalingan side. After this bloodshed, the edicts of Ashoka tell us he went through a period of depression, and adopted Buddhism, making it the official doctrine of the Mauryan state.

After the collapse of the Maruyans, after about 500 years, the Gupta Empire rose, bringing an orthodox flavour of Hinduism as described by the Manusmriti. The concept of Aryan vs non-Aryan, untouchability, and basically Hinduism as you know today, leading to a decline in the presence of Buddhism.

Attached: F084F4EE-218F-4B12-B786-9CDBEC2F2DF6.jpg (643x477, 67K)

According to who? On what basis do you say this? Do tell me where you get the authority or more importantly the reasoning behind this statement? Bet you can't nigger, kys.

>says the beaner shitskin
Oh the irony, at least Indians have some trace Aryan DNA left in them.

He died in a physical body, but was still on the earth. The he came back to life, resurrected, the Christmas, and traveled since then performing great deeds, for which he ascended to heaven after his physical body died the second time. At least that's how it happened in the original, orthodox, first rendition of Biblical text. All other versions of Bible after that are "revisions" and essentially altered, censored, and made-up fanfic bullshit added (mainly by Catholics, who are LITERAL-fucking-secessionists. Only the orthodox Christianity telling of Bible is legit, everything else is LITERALLY an uncanon fanfic.

And what if they don't have limited powers?

In that case the other user was right, he died then came back only to die again

What about the green dude with like 200 heads? Why does this religion have so many gods?

Well, technically, he died only once, since, upon his second "death" when he ascended, his physical body didn't stay on earth - he literally vanished, so that can't be counted as a "death" in a general meaning. There was nothing left of him on the earth to say he "died" physically.

If you think Indian Hinduism has too many gods/deities, you should go to Bali. That place is FUCKED, as EVERY PHYSICAL ITEM in their religion has a god/deity assigned to it. A dildo, for example, has a god/deity of it's own on Bali.

Hinduism has only 1 true god. All Gods are avatars.

Umm...no. There's at least 3 major reigning beings, as far as I know.