AR-15 Thread

Do you live in a state that's not a shithole that allows you to exercise your 2nd amendment right?
Have you been putting off on getting a gun because you're just too lazy?

Here's a quick guide to building your own AR-15 on the cheap.

This is the first part we're going to buy and it's the most important. This is the only part of an AR-15 that is regulated, you can purchase everything else without getting a background check except this. It will need to be mailed to a local dealer who will charge you a fee and background check you.
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html

This kit contains the entire rest of the rifle. Stock, barrel, grip, trigger, barrel all that good stuff. It's a more basic kit but it will be enough to get you started on the AR-15 platform.
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-classic-rifle-kit-5165448467.html

This punch set will help with assembly and is a good tool set to have for beginners.
palmettostatearmory.com/wheeler-engineering-brass-punch-set-8-piece.html

These are your run of the mill magazines. I'd say 10 is a good start but you can get as many or little as you want. You can also likely head down to any local gun store to purchase some and meet your local FLGS owner.
palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html

After you get the parts it's time to assemble your rifle.
youtu.be/p8sY5CQmlHI

Some things to consider at this point:
>Clean your fucking gun
>Begin stockpiling ammunition. A little here and there never hurts.
>Look for an optic. Iron sights are fine but red dots / acogs go great if you have the money

budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/4997/Firearms/Rifles/Smith & Wesson/M&P 15 Rifles/S&W M&P 15 SPORT II .223/5.56 16
Want a full rifle instead? The S&W Sport II is your standard 'modern musket'

youtube.com/watch?v=OYjbSGO30K0

Attached: Palm2.png (1039x907, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gun.deals/category/rifles
cabelas.com/product/Wheeler-Delta-AR-Upper-Vise-Block-Clamp/1383269.uts
classicfirearms.com/nc-star-ar15-armorers-wrench-gen2-tarw2-pjtw3/
80percentarms.com/collections/80-lowers
amazon.com/Case-Club-Pre-Made-Waterproof-Accessory/dp/B01B3RRLF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take this to Jow Forums

Move along faggot this is a grown-up thread

Attached: 2-ti1-g2c931-12_1.jpg (575x575, 27K)

>It will need to be mailed to a local dealer who will charge you a fee and background check you.
Just buy one at the gun store. Itll probably be cheaper than buying online after shipping and the transfer fee

speaking about ar's, remember to spread this meme.

Attached: ar poster v2.png (845x1344, 1.4M)

>do they ALLOW you your RIGHTS
the absolute state of cuckold americans. go cuddle your neutered toy, you faggots.

>allows you to exercise
Greetings my illiterate southern cousin

>they even let me play with them at a range on video that's sent to ATF and DHS

literal faggots

>strawmanning this hard
Get back to your sister now

>poverty rifle assembly guide
Oh boy.

>t. SCAR richfag

I live in New York. We still have rights I guess.

Attached: 1541006172042699775527399163712.jpg (4096x3072, 3.62M)

How are you going to tighten the castle nut?

Theres literally nothing wrong with a poverty AR these days

I just smashed it with a pin and a hammer. If ruined the nut but whatever, it's a cheap AR. I'll get a good one when I leave New York.

>implying this thread would be at all useful Jow Forumsommandos

Kek

Never get an Anderson. I bought one and the tolerances were fucked. I coulden:'t get the trigger on and the grip holder thing was so wide it clawed out the plastic as I put it on. 0/10 absolute trash manufactureing.

kek that’s devilish

There's nothing wrong with Anderson lowers. Cheap and they work.

Does this convert it to full auto?
>t. noguns

Kinda. Super illegal because you need a hole there to convert it to full auto. Don't do.

No.

The barrel chop turns in int a SBR which you need the correct paperwork for.

The hole is where the sear goes for regulating automatic fire. You still need a other parts besides the hole to get you there but the ATF will nuke your doggo of you have it.

The lower receiver is the 'firearm' when it comes to an AR15, you can buy any other part except for the lower without a background check.
Modifying the lower is a federal crime

I've made a few of these, it's a fun project, but be prepared for some tedious milling. Almost make sense to just buy a lower and build one that way. Sure, you get on "a list" but if you think they dont keep track of who buys these 80 percent lowers you're retarded.

>I've made a few of these, it's a fun project, but be prepared for some tedious milling.
The lower in the OP is complete with no drilling required

I want to get into hunting (never learned because I have an east coast lib family) since I recently moved into a red state

Should I buy a hunting rifle as my first gun purchase or should I start with something else, then move on to the hobby?

You might be able to kill two birds with one stone. What are you planning to hunt?

The don’t bud. There are way too many to track.

Plus some stores carry 80% lowers and you can just walk in and pay cash.

I want to start with buck. waterfowl sounds fun but also seems a lot more difficult, plus I don't think it's a good option for AZ. But here buck are supposedly great.

I'm looking into a hunting safety class, but it's intimidating because I don't know anyone that's into the hobby. anyway I wouldn't know what kind of rifle to even start with, should I go into a local guns & ammo shop or getting a cheap rifle at walmart is fine?

>allows you to exercise my rights
I think you’re confused about rights

>to exercise
I think you're confused about words

If you're looking to get an AR at some point anyways, get one chambered in 6.5 Grendel if you're looking to get into medium to large game. Great round.

DIY FAL or GTFO

Attached: FAL.png (647x414, 479K)

>buying anything ever from PSA

enjoy your poverty rifle

Attached: 1536077627552.jpg (680x695, 34K)

for like $100 more you can get a quality smith & wesson or ruger with iron sights as well.

gun.deals/category/rifles

There is a wide range of cartriges for deer.

Pronghorns are also good and plentiful in AZ. Dunno about waterfowl.

You don’t need a big gun for deer. I shot a big Muley in WY with a 270wsm.

poverty rifle better than noguns fuck off gatekeeping faggot

Thanks, I'll look into it.
In general it's supposedly a great state for year-round hunting, that's one of the reasons I want to get into the sport

>being this mad because youre poor

lel

Attached: 1475985357416.png (250x296, 141K)

Top kek. Know how I know you don’t own any guns?
Even the best local gun stores have at least a 10% markup on guns, and then on top of that you have to pay sales tax unless you live in a state without it.
You will never find a better deal on an AR15 in person than you will at PSA. Just don’t pay more than $30 for a transfer fee. Pawn shops and tabletop FFLs are the best bet for cheap transfers. Gun stores jack the price up to try and get you to buy from them

Maybe you got a bad one. I ordered 6 Anderson lowers a couple years ago and they’ve all gone together with no issues. The only complaint I’ve ever had is that their anodizing seems to be duller than other lowers and uppers.

Attached: 86CEFF55-C246-49FB-9369-8C256A84DA63.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

That's literally the point, to get poor guys and neets armed.

It is. You landed in a good one.

I used a T/C Venture btw. We have also had good sucess with the T/C compass. Very inexpensive guns but they shoot pretty great. You’ll be spending more on the scope than that gun.

Shouldn't you be off posting threads of women rimming black men?

>putting your life on the line just to save a couple bucks

ok pal, if you want to buy inexpensive parts at least go with splikes

It's an entry in to gun ownership, turbosperg
>durr why get a car if you're going to spend less than $50,000

Attached: fug.png (1000x812, 632K)

no im having a better time reading the ramblings of retards in here

*yawn*

back to plebbit with you

mk

Yeah user, all you're going to accomplish is deterring people from getting into the sport. Unless that's your goal.

If you havent bought a nitride AR kit from PSA already and you're American wtf are you even doing. It used to cost $300 for a complete upper, not a complete FUCKING kit.

no i want people who are interested in firearms to own them, and most important getting training on how to handle them before buying them, but anyone who knows anything about PSA knows they are shit tier garbage with terrible customer service. so do want want you want and spend your money how you see fit

Cool story fuck off

no

Attached: 1539398397472s.jpg (190x250, 5K)

I live in Canada, the AR is restricted and illegal to take innawoods. Shit sucks.

There are alternatives like getting 5.56 guns made in Israel or the Peoples Republic of China. But the magazine capacity laws also fucking suck. Annex us please.

Maybe post something useful? Do the same thing as the OP did and create your own beginners guide instead of being a waste of space leftist

Attached: rifl.png (2092x1910, 746K)

>Modifying the lower is a federal crime
Is this for real?

You can legally manufacture your own personal weapons but you cannot modify a lower?

>Annex us please

Or you can stop being a lazy fuck and vote to leave Canada. It's legal for a province to vote to leave the union, and there's nothing Trudy can do about it.

Get a mini-14.

for an AR you also WILL NEED a vice block and a barrel wrench. So stop giving faggy info.
cabelas.com/product/Wheeler-Delta-AR-Upper-Vise-Block-Clamp/1383269.uts
>and
classicfirearms.com/nc-star-ar15-armorers-wrench-gen2-tarw2-pjtw3/
>and then consider this stuff:
80percentarms.com/collections/80-lowers
with an 80% there is no need for any registration, background checks or mailing to an ffl dealer. You can also buy glock lowers and do the same thing.
Take the time to assemble, test, clean, prep for storage, and bury the rife in a watertight case.
>such as
amazon.com/Case-Club-Pre-Made-Waterproof-Accessory/dp/B01B3RRLF0

>leftist

BCM
Spikes
Aero Prrecision
Stag Arms
Colt

Your digits reveal your post to be the pure unadulterated truth.

Attached: IMG_6165.jpg (640x473, 73K)

Dove and quail aren’t too hard in AZ. Squirrel is also fun if you have friends to run around with.

You can do better than that, Hillary

>you also WILL NEED a vice block and barrel wrench

Nah. While a vice block and armorer's wrench are good to have, you can complete a lower with just channel locks. In fact if you don't plan on making more that one AR don't even bother with the block and wrench. You can push the pins through just fine and tighten your castle nut with just channel locks and your lap.

what does it mean by
"California Buyers - stripped lowers are sent to California as "Long Guns" only"

Nigger why are you buying a Complete bcg and an additional gas key

idk that was just some partslist someone threw at my after bitching about my OP partslist

Is that from a huehue kit?

I suppose this is true if you never intend to pull the barrel off again or if you don't care how much accuracy you lose from a barrel that's not tight.

No pistol ARs

>nitride
>not CHF

>PSA
enjoy your canted front sight and bent misaligned gastube, poorfag.

Attached: 1515719865351.png (406x452, 30K)

"Modify to be Auto" should have been clarified. Simply modifying the lower is fine. People modify their lowers to accept ambi bolt releases.

oh cool, the bro and I wanted to build rifles anyways
we gun bois now

Seriously, you better check Tha shut when you get it. And call them if it is fucked up. They are pretty good about replacing shit if you catch it. The suck at assembly. Especially if they are having a big sale. If you are serious about the AR platform and really learn, you find that you can do so much better than PSA.

>If you are serious about the AR platform and really learn, you find that you can do so much better than PSA.
>thatsthepoint.jpg

As much as I love PSA, my 10.5” upper does seem to have a canted sight

Yeah and you will regret wasting $500 on shit.

Make a better OP

I was just trying to help the newbs out with assembled uppers pinning to lowers, but you're correct though. And let's face it, once you build one you're going to build more because it's a lot of fun. I just didn't have a vice at first and wasn't about to buy one to build one rifle. Some other things you'll want to get:
>general gun cleaner(CLP, Ballistol)
>bore cleaner(Hoppe's No.9)
>bore snake for cleaning
>barrel brush for cleaning and pushing out stuck cartridges at the range if you run into that problem
>Oil, lubricant(I like CLP and Hoppe's Elite)

Haha of course it does. It wouldn't be PSA without the canted front sight. They know the majority of buyers won't call to RMA. And the few that do will get a replacement. New gags who've never dealt with PSA poor QC just think people are being snobby. PSA has a lot of turn around. how do you think they keep those prices so low?

>Adjustable gas key
>Complete, staked bcg
Hmm

I do, On Jow Forums where this shit belongs. You should really lurk more.

Sounds like you should run back there and jerk each other off

I get it bro. But now that you have been there and done that you should pass on the knowledge in a way that benefits the newbs. Taking them down the same path does them no favors. Not hating on you or anything but spending another 50$ for a few parts that allow you to do it right is the right way to go. I'd support you in a new post with better info and good parts : )
Either way thanks for starting the conversation. Even if it could have been better, for people that read the entire thread they will get good info.

I think you've made your newfaggotry clear to everyone.

Good thread OP. I'm glad you posted this information in a concise and easy to understand format.

I'll contribute a little bit old infographic on AK purchases.

Attached: 1380240920647.jpg (2625x4125, 1.46M)

>20 replies

t. PSA salesman

No seriously, fuck off

>man I really wish there were more nigger-rimming threads on Jow Forums

Attached: 151571910654745.jpg (971x565, 165K)

Either an AR or a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Grendel is good for that task.

Grendel doesn't chew up barrels either, it gives more bang for your buck for barrel life.

I have never had a problem with the ponies.
20+ builds with em

check the truth there.

Spend the extra money for the proper tools and better parts, anons. It's worth it, believe me. Always ask people with the know how to help you, and don't be afraid to ask for help or pointers at the range from more experienced shooters. They love helping newbs out. And buy at least one box of ammo per week to help stock up. It piles up faster than you can shoot it and 52 weeks later you have 11,000 rounds ready to go.

My PSA rifles are straight as an arrow and tack drivers. My anecdote is as valid as yours. I currently own 3. How many have you owned to be such an expert?

checking your check here for even more good info.
make sure you rotate your inventory. put dates on your boxes and use the old stuff first!

Attached: hehhdsl.png (540x960, 452K)