Why does nobody celebrate Halloween anymore?

Why does nobody celebrate Halloween anymore?

My whole community used to put up decorations, now only a few houses do...

Attached: 7643213987.jpg (2998x2000, 1.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lite987.com/happy-bday-jesus-sign-back-at-utica-fire-dept/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PC culture kills all kinds of fun.

This. NPC culture killed 'Merca

It's the economy.

People are working hard and don't have time anymore. Also they have to take care of their retarded 30 years old ''kids'' who lurk on Jow Forums all day long.

Can't go around dressing up as a cowboy because those killed injuns
Can't dress up as an injun because that's cultural appropriation

You get the idea

Attached: chief.jpg (611x605, 119K)

I remember there used to be this old retired couple a block over who went all out for Halloween. The old man would set up his grill, and grill hot dogs. Every kid got a solo cup of soda, a hot dog, a fun-sized bag of chips, and a king-sized candy bar. Even at 90s prices they must have been spending a couple hundred bucks each year, but they were all the kids' favorite house to go to.

They're long dead now.

Do you live in one of the mexican filled areas? If so that's why, why should we white people give these little goblins candy.

People from other countries have no interest in our customs and traditions

Attached: 1EE01D81-6078-4271-BD6B-719FF05FA0C7.jpg (3264x2448, 1.05M)

It costs a full days wages to buy a chocolate bar over here, so we just hand out painted balsa wood & the kids have got fed up of the splinters.

Because technology has kept people pre-occupied.

Before, there wasn't much to do, so Halloween was a big deal.

>They're long dead now

Attached: Kek.jpg (200x195, 7K)

ethnically diverse neighbourhoods are low trust

kikes convinced dumbfuck roasties to import foreign barbarians

now we have this shit to deal with

plus

Shitskins, kikes, post modernism

Attached: 1473033156591.webm (1000x686, 394K)

Low trust society as a result of "diversity"
and
They are actively and purposely diluting white and european culture in media and schools
They have literally make up scare tactics for decades like razor blades in apples

>Can't
Just do it, you pussies.
NPCs lose when they're not given their way and actively ignored.

It's literally not this. There are hundreds of varieties of costumes and decorations that'll offend no one.
This is more on target. Ad to this the way communities are becoming atomized and social cohesion is breaking down. Why blow money on decorating and stockpiling candy for the 50 white children who live in your city, when 30 of them have parents that only take them to trunk-or-treats at church or school because they're paranoid the candy will have razorblades in it if they take them to strangers' house, and another 15 of them aren't going trick-or-treating because their parents can't be fucked to take them?

Non homogeneous culture. Nobody wands a bunch of ugly 56% mongrel blob children showing up at their door so everyone just pretends their not home.

Lots of fear mongering le satanic holiday goyim.

It's not an economic issue at all it has more to due with demoralization

I put out an empty bowl with a sign that says "take one." Does that count?

Halloweed sounds like a fucking nightmare. I can't even imagine how awful it must be for some fucking kids to come knocking on your door demanding free shit.
What the fuck?
If Halloween here was a thing, I would shut all my curtains, turn off all lights and pretend to not be home for the entire day. Then if I heard someone trying to get in thinking no one is home, I'd shoot them.
Fuck Halloween.

Because everyday is satanic for normies so the appeal isn't even there anymore

The final redpill is to realize Halloween (much like American Christmas) was always a fake, plastic holiday created purely for monetary purposes.

FUCK OFF YOU PC LOVING FAG.

More people are just buying those light projectors for Halloween and Christmas now, because they're too lazy to put a lot of things up.

Attached: 1X-New-Arrival-2016-Outdoor-Halloween-Led-Light-projector-Thrilling-Halloween-projectors-Mini-Colorf (800x800, 59K)

niggers getting bussed in

Yeah no sexy girls dressd as witch outside to flirt with, its depressing.

Theres no children I live between a highschool and a elementary school I never see kids ever

That's my plan lights out shades drawn.

Attached: 1540391342472.jpg (750x718, 530K)

There's definitely an economic aspect. The number of millennials that don't have children and families due to economic reasons alone puts a dent in Halloween participation.
PC culture is literally a non-factor here. SJWs getting offended at Indian or Mexican wrestler costumes don't make households stop participating in Halloween at all. There are not enough kids that want to go trick-or-treating in blackface to register. Liberal outrage could stop entirely and it wouldn't salvage Halloween.

Niggers

lol

I’ve been a cowboy for many of the last few Halloween’s. You look good, it’s comfy. And I couldn’t give less of a shit if an NPC-POC wants to discuss my costume. I assume anyone taking that much interest in my clothing wants to bang me. It’s pretty much that simple.

Do they get offended at girls disguised as witch?

jews don't celebrate Halloween, therefore the culture they are attempting to create will not celebrate either

Political correctness and niggers killed all the fun.

Dressed as slutty cat (male) this balloween

niggers.

Diversity, helicopter parents, kids being allergic to fucking everything, assholes who handed out pennies and peppermints from last Christmas.

Because of adults turning into another excuse to get drunk and act like a horse's ass, and sick fucks who are too pussy to kill face to face and uses poison to murder random strangers.

Why bother being festive when the main draw, trick r' treating, is uncommon these days?

Simple protocol was "lights out; no candy" but then overbearing parents pressured municipal governments to have designated trick-or-treat nights instead of letting their kids out on the 31st whenever it happened to be.
Now we've got that trunk-or-treat bullshit and nobody bothers decorating because only you and your immediate neighbors will ever see it.

It's not uncommon at all here. Trick or treating itself is still common place it's just the numbers are fewer.

Nobody has ever been poisoned by Halloween candy

Your city is cucked. I'm in Austin and I swear it's been Halloween everyday this week. Downtown is gonna be lit.

I noticed this too in leafland. There has been a shift over the last decade.

this tbqh

>NPC Culture
Nice

I remember going out trick or treating at night. Does anywhere still allow this?

I've started seeing those too.

It's pretty popular in my neighbourhood.

More
Than most layabouts

It all started to go downhill when Trunk or Treat started to become a thing.

Immigrants don’t celebrate your cultural holidays

>Teens and young adults getting drunk and having fun on a holiday is somehow bad. >Nobody fucking poison kids, retarded boomers need to die.

More than PC is the loss of a sense of community.

I have cameras at the front door and if the kids are white then I give them candy. if not then I just pretend im not there

Yeah, it happened after I moved from the neighborhood, but from what my grandmother told me the old man died and his widow wasn't able to keep things going by herself. Couldn't put all the decorations up and do all the preparation by herself. That year she scaled things back to a more modest setup, just putting out a jack o'lantern and handing out normal candy. But her husband had been a legend at the local elementary schools and all the kids asked her why the hot dog man wasn't out. She had to explain that he'd died over and over. Being reminded of her husband's death all night and seeing the kids disappointed demoralized her so bad she never took passed out candy to trick-or-treaters again.

This. Every wise white knows not to (let his kids) relax around blacks.
Also it's a negative spiral. Fewer houses decorated => Fewer kids will want to go out on the streets => fewer houses decorated,...

Honestly it’s become a largely pointless holiday. When I was a little kid I used to see the charm in all the spooky stuff about Halloween. Now you have people dressing up as literally anything, the entire holiday literally doesn’t make any sense anymore. It’s lost the plot, if you will.

The decline and death of white culture bro. It's all unraveling.

My "community" is dead. Coming up, we had one Indian family and one Japanese family. Now we have two white families and bunch of South asians, central Americans and blacks. Neither of the white families have children.

No sense of community left, at least not in my area. I've lived in the same place since 2005 and the amount of trick or treaters has steadily dwindled, I don't remember if I even got one trick or treater last year. It probably doesn't help that there's a few motels down the road where all the crazies and child molesters get put by the cops, and right next door are townhouses that accept section 8, and this is in what used to be a nice middle class suburb.

We have a ton a refugees, and guess what, shitskins don't care about their host nation's customs, and then shit like this happens- lite987.com/happy-bday-jesus-sign-back-at-utica-fire-dept/

>celebrating evil

why? it's a stupid festivity.

Same in my area too and I know it's the fault of Chinese immigrants. They don't give a rats ass about any American tradition and certainly not one where you have to give shit away for free to non-Chinese. They're destroying this nation; h1b, birthright citizenship, and immigration have to stop.

Jews and niggers.

>Live in a high density townhouse complex
>The only kids that come to my door are Mexicans and Pajeets
>Decide to just turn off the lights and pretend I'm not there.

Seriously, fuck Pajeetlets and Mexikids. I'd rather just save my 5 dollars I would have spent on candy.

Even though we don't celebrate Halloween here, we used to always put lights on at Christmas. Almost the whole Northern Suburbs of Cape Town used to do it. One community was especially famed for all the lights because they went all out. Now you will see ZERO houses with lights. This all happened in the last 15 years. All the old Afrikaner neighborhoods
turned into ghetto coloured/black/asian/poor white neighborhoods with no community feeling anymore

It's not wrong to dress up as a feminist in the current year user

this is a dark age indeed

Pretty sad deal. The folks who decorate their houses and try to keep tradition alive are the folks who are keeping this country great.

I also live in an area with a lot of Chinese, and we don't bother with candy because kids almost never come by. Immigrants move in, kids feel like they're wasting time so they go somewhere else, and then the remaining Americans stop giving out candy. In contrast, I grew up in an almost entirely white neighborhood and we got candy from almost every house on the street.

You must live in a shit neighborhood. Halloween parade, cider, doughnuts, trick or treating in my hood.
Retard mothers and local news are trying to ruin Halloween though. Hysterical fake stories about kids getting poisoned candy hyped up like crazy around this time. Also some schools are ruining it by not allowing any candy because "allergies and childhood obesity". Like Michelle Obama's lunches aren't bad enough. But it's funny, I was just at the school and there are more fat kids than ever.

Some of us try to assimilate and have fun. After all, isn't that what it's all about?
>be Spanish migrant, from Barcelona.
>decide to dress up as a Torero, pic related for a student meeting and party afterward.
>everyone suddenly gets a stick up their ass about it.
>Chicana goblin midget does that weird angled body posture telling me it's cultural appropriation.
>"you white."
>She doesn't even speak Spanish, has never been south of the border, or know anything about that which she is outraged.

Attached: Antonio_Barrera-edit.jpg (291x401, 58K)

Section 8 housing happened. Neighborhoods aren't really safe anymore. There are less kids in the area in general.

Attached: 514644352938473.png (880x512, 36K)

No kidding that diversity weakens rather than strengthens a community. People stop trusting each other, stop donating as shown in , and the social fabric is torn to pieces. "Diversity is our greatest strength" has nothing to back it up.

holiday burnout man. There already putting xmas stuff up. For remembrance day, i can only remember to buy gifts.

It depends on the area. Some can be really shitty, others don't let it happen at all. Honestly, I've come to think of it as how tightly knit a neighborhood is. I'm away from home this week, so my neighbor put a bucket with candy on a planter outside my front door. Choir kids also come around singing Christmas carols around the holidays too.

True. Trunk or Treat is for faggots

The local news channel had a segment last night about not accepting homebaked goods; for fear of getting unknowingly dosed with drugs, particularly weed edibles. I always thought it would have been nice if someone took the time to bake cookies or something similar for the kids. But nope, kids aren't allowed to accept anything but oreos and chips ahoy.

** I wanted to mention that I live in a state where weed is legal so I assume that's where the fear mongering comes from. Parents don't want their kids to eat edibles but you'd have to be a real shithead to give edibles to children.

And rich edibles are expensive lol

there's many reasons. it's a corporatist holiday meant to sell things. it's an excuse for people to slut it up. increasing amounts of foreigners from countries that don't have halloween, because it is originally All Hallow's Eve, a christian holiday, which was co- opted from the Pagans. candy is fucking expensive, especially when you have tons of 56% kids coming to your door that have had so many gibs that they expect more than one piece of candy. then you have the evangelicals who are convinced halloween is about the devil. there's the mentioned lack of community and an ever increasing number of sexual predators. if you don't live in a college town, you probably won't have much of a halloween.

The real reason? Society has become increasingly fractured the past 3 decades. Events like 9/11 shook many people subconsciously. They don't want to know others, they don't trust their community, that's why Halloween is dead. It's a symptom of a much bigger problem. The rise of social media and everyone being connected did not bring people closer together.

use to... then friends grew up... had kids... celebrated Halloween early, like a week (now two weeks early) so they can put their kids to bed at a reasonable time... that kind of took the fun out of it... at least for the gf and i...

Candy isn't "healthy".
Costumes are inevtiably "offensive" to someone.
Streets are no longer safe to play in, never mind trick or treating.

My sister's kid is doing that since Columbus has a lot of shit neighborhoods.

Isn't it getting replaced by day of the dead in the Mexican overrun areas?

Niggers ruined the streets, Jews ruined the costumes and characters people dress up in. spics blast other christians for celebrating it because they see it as devil worship.

You hardly see kids going door to door anymore. Back when I was a kid, the streets would be filled with us. I always hated Halloween, felt cringy dressing up and stuff. But it's sad to see a tradition die off like this. What's next, Christmas and Easter?

You got that right. In my opinion they're a total waste of money, but tourists are the main consumers. Only a tourist is stupid enough to pay $15 for a 10mg(0.1g) piece of candy.

Christmas? Never too much money in that.

In my area there really aren't many kids now. It's my hometown which I returned to, and despite it still being like 99% white, there just simply seems to be fewer kids despite the population having slightly increased since when I was a kid. It's not a case of having people of different cultures or races or economic backgrounds, etc., it's just that there isn't really a new generation. When I was a kid we'd usually end up with anywhere from 30-60 kids come per night (largely weather affected), and the last few years I don't think I've seen more than five in any given year.

People actually did that or did (((Hollywood))) tell you that they did?

Attached: lmaochic.png (123x153, 49K)

before legalization you could get the craziest edibles from medical dispensary's but they shut them all down

It also keeps the amount of "where the fuck did all these kids come from" down.

dunno bud it's still huge here, we invented it

Most Jews don't celebrate it, more Christians think it's related to Satan, muslims will kill you for knocking on their door. Millennials buy avocado toast and can't afford candy. Young liberals think it's fascist because Trump likes The holiday. Halloween just fell out of favor.

>Retard mothers and local news are trying to ruin Halloween though. Hysterical fake stories about kids getting poisoned candy hyped up like crazy around this time. Also some schools are ruining it by not allowing any candy because "allergies and childhood obesity".
This has been a trend since the late 70s/80s at least and it's a big reason trick or treating is on the decline in favor of more organized functions like trunk or treat or town celebrations.

I've never really had Halloween in my area ever, though. A few houses have decorations but I'm in a rural area where houses are spread out and have long driveways - basically no trick or treating unless you go to town 15 minutes away. I think I've had maybe 2 or 3 trick or treaters the 20 years I've lived here.

I'd say that people stopped doing this around 2010ish.

>writes down this shitbird's address and eggs his car and TPs his house next year.

kek
Bloody hell it gets more depressing