What are your reasons as to why college is such a fuckin' ripoff?

What are your reasons as to why college is such a fuckin' ripoff?

Honestly curious...

Attached: ripoff.jpg (630x518, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_(economics)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ring
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/>>190963288/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm assuming it's because with the internet, it's more about the networking and worming your way into different clubs, that has more value, than the information being taught in most cases, only applicable to most skilled, creative professions.

Doesn't apply to the sciences or the hard technical fields, but even now people can study independently on their own time if they've got half a brain and some discipline, and pursue accreditation independently, while cutting out the middle man and saving thousands in debt.

To me it seems the networking opportunities (sucking dick and making friends with some rich bitch to get some loans and start a business), and the facilities and services provided by the top universities, have more inherent value than the associated programs.

Don't fall for the "college is a meme" meme. They're trying to railroad you into a blue-collar profession.

Go to a good college and get a lucrative degree.

Other thing to is that it is, and always has been, a business. It's an industry, and what sweeter deal to ensure profit and further growth than by dealing in a system that imparts a perceived value, and status in society that would endow a person with better economic opportunities in life?

College was an intellectual elite privileged institution, now its full of niggers

4% of our population used to go to college, now 70% do.
This alone de-values the worth of any degree.
Throw in the meme courses and the ease at which you can pass them, that detracts from it further.
Throw in the allowing women and minorites to get in with lower grades and shit up the place.
Throw in the Marxification of the entire academy.
And you get a piece of paper, that unless you got a very specific valued degree is pretty much worthless.

Education is a meme. Only Skills and the Credentials needed to use them matter. If college is required for your credentials, then go. If not, then you're wasting your time/money.

>B-But learning!
It's Current Year, all of the information is at your finger-tips for free. Better yet, take a -few- college courses that you're actually interested in. Cheaper.
>B-but new experiences!
Take half the money you would've spent on college and go travel the world for a year.
>B-but social life and friends!
See above. Rent an apartment with a buddy, go clubbing. Use Tinder.

Kids refuse to be denied the 4yr party that was promised to them since birth. Wouldn't be a prob if the cost wasn't $50K+

College, like all things in life, puts out what you put into it.

College isn't for everybody, nor for every job, but I will assure you that working trades is shit - You get to undersell yourself to Paco and his 5000000 illegal cousins, get treated like shit, get looked down on, and everybody who works in trades is an alcoholic who beats their wife and their only hobbies are drinking and blowing their money on NFL and other white trash shit

Also, there's no reason that Bachelors should take 4yrs. Why did I have to subsidize degenerate pothead professors for 2yrs before I touched my major that's now actually generating income for me?

There's your 50% of college coupon, Berniefags

They're telling people to think and act for themselves. You don't have to go to college in this day and age if you're not interested in typical 9-5 corporate bullshit. There are plenty white-collar services that don't require an arbitrary certificate from some institution, there are plenty of ways to start a business or sell a product if you have the right insight and wherewithal to execute. Toughest part is teaching oneself how to research and learn effectively to the proper standards, but all of that knowledge is publicly available for free.

It's just a method

Supply and demand.
Pushing everyone into college just makes college degrees the new high sccool degree.
Meanwhile, there are kids out there who just go to trade school and are earning $50k+ by 20 years old.
College is good IF you intend on doing something that actually requires a college education: doctor, engineer, etc.
If you’re going to college to learn music or arts or gender studies or some other meme degree... there’s a 90% chance that you’re just wasting your time and money.

College is worth it if you pick a degree that will more than pay for it in time. If you're going for art history or women's studies, you're getting fucking screwed.

It's a ripoff if you can't afford it and have to take a loan

>Education is a meme
You are fucking retarded
> all of the information is at your finger-tips for free. Better yet, take a -few- college courses that you're actually interested in. Cheaper.
did the thought ever cross your mind that collaboration might produce results? Fuck right off drop out. I'm not advocating paying 100k for gender studies but for some professions it is worth it.
t.PhD chem eng
>pic my iron ring

Attached: iron_ring.png (640x480, 345K)

I think what you have to do is look at a book, "Foundations: Their Power and Influence" by Rene M. Womser, who was general council to the Reece Commission, which was investigating the anti-American activities of the tax-free foundations on the heels of the Cox Commission.

And you have to know what those commissions were about. That's how we know about things like MK-ULTRA. Universities do not teach. They're money funnelling operations. Most of the tenured faculty should be fired as a consequence of being investigated, most of the rest should be cleared out because they'll scatter like rats upon being investigated. And that's not even getting in to what's really going on behind the scenes, but you take away their tax-free status and they'll just crumble and have to go crying back to their doners for more free gibs because they can't run a factual operation.

The government took over control of student loans so that they can create a generation of debt slaves.

>ring that thin
Motherfucker, if you're going to make a ring at least make it look good. That shit looks like something a middle schooler can make from a soda tab

and to expand on this - like anything else under capitalism - How do you compete with a for-profit business that exists to impart additional value on one's social or economic standing in society?

You pull the rug out from under them, and freely available knowledge on the net allows you to do that, which is something we've only started to see the effects of in the last decade.

It'll be a slow burn.

>You pull the rug out from under them, and freely available knowledge on the net allows you to do that, which is something we've only started to see the effects of in the last decade.

>walk into job interview
>so, mr user, underneath education it says "wikipedia, BITCH", care to extrapolate on that?

>oy vey I needed to go to delta alpha phi to get my connections
Good job. I'm sure you never even got blackout drunk at your frat parties.

Because you're paying tens of thousands of dollars to take series of exams that signal to nosenberg that you're goy enough for the position.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_(economics)

It's a Canadian tradition for engineers and I guess standard. They are issued when you get you undergrad degree. It's a pinkie finger ring you faggot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ring

You really must be a STEM major because your reading comprehension is shit.
>"Credentials to use them"
Would you have gotten your job without your degree? Of course not, that's what I said you fucking moron. Kids need to view College as a means to an end instead of a magical place.

>lol he actually took the ring
You don't think the rest of us can see that? What kind of fucking engineer wears a fucking ring like a scarlet letter or something of how he had to whore himself out because he didn't have any talent?

>teaching oneself how to research and learn effectively to the proper standards
>freely available knowledge

Creative pursuits are one thing but don't act like I'm suggesting highly technical fields won't need to require licensing and proper certification in the future.

I'm not saying standards will be lowered, rather traditional college/university won't be the only means for acquiring the necessary knowledge to raise oneself and compete to those standards.

Lol, a PhD in engineering is useless. Maybe easier for getting more grant money but that's it

CPA making 70k at 23 btw

The job market is oversaturated.
Simple as that.
The only people who are still saying that everyone should go to college are those who didnt go themselves.

Student loans gave kikes access to (((free))) money at goyim taxpayer expense. They get to be paid out the ass to brainwash our youth while selling them into usury debt slavery. What a deal. I bet they still can't believe their good fortune. It's all such a lucky coincidence that it all worked out for them that way.

Attached: 1515443206180m.jpg (1024x576, 184K)

>had to whore himself out because he didn't have any talent?
>projecting this hard
Can I hire you to put a new roof on my house?

It's a Canadian thing. That and he has the hands of tranny just starting hormone therapy.

state guaranteed student loans and sports scholarships

>live in the netherlands
>military will pay your studies, books and tools you'll use if you pinky swear you'll join afterward
>set for succes without trying
I LOVE BEING EUROPEAN

Unless you are doing STEM, you'd often be better off with a curious mind than in debt. College is evaluated outside of STEM.

That said, I went to a European university where the gubernment paid for me to attend and tuition, so it was worth it.

That sucks. I'm sure as a CPA you know how to adjust for my first job out of school at about $53k.

You people are chumps. Suck more jew cock.

Yeah, sure. I don't know if I want to spend the time to do it, but I could put a roof on your new house if this is how desperate you are. What kind of a roof is it? Torch down is what I'd rather, but maybe you have a higher slope.

It's not a ripoff inherently. You just have to figure out if the amount of student loan debt is worth the value of what you get from that college (education, networking, social activity, etc.). If your starting debt is greater than the average starting salary, don't bother. For most fields, try not to put yourself in debt greater than $30k.

>Unless you are doing STEM
Nope, stem is fucked too.
Its all fucked.

I spent like 2 grand on a bs music theory class at a local community college and didn't realize it was:
1) less in depth than the class i got in HS.
2) was entirely packet work

I said fuck this im going to learn a trade I can do from home

I was thinking of going to college to learn Gemology, Jewelery, and Gold/silversmithing. Should I? they are non-competitive courses averaging at around 5k per course.

Can confirm, here's mine

Took the goy pill of university. It literally is just a piece of paper which says you'll be a good goy. Not only that but it acts as a financial leash should you get thoughts of doing something else than working in Mr. Shecklestein's cubical farm. Yeah eventually you might make your money back but only after Mr. Shecklestein has taken the best years of your youth and productivity. Oh well, might just go off grid or do a trade despite the debt.

>ft CS major

Attached: 1537247322755.jpg (500x594, 58K)

No. Make that something you get interested on the side.

I would, but I like metalcraft and jeweling as a hobby. I'd say go for it because the course will probably provide you with materials which you will fuck up on while learning the craft.

Just look at the number of women and niggers that do it. That alone should tell you whether or not its worth your time.

how will i learn accounting at a trade school

I was being a bit facetious, my brother and I reshingled my roof a few years ago. It was an easy job only a 15 degree slope max. Didn't even bother with safety gear. I do hate roofing though

>and everybody who works in trades is an alcoholic who beats their wife
You are a lying sack of hasbarah shit.

>railroaded into a blue collar profession
You got a lot to learn son

I'm sorry im not paying for a degree when I just
GOOGLE THE ANSWERS GOY
Literally every test you take today in modern "education system" is all copy paste edited bullshit you can find the answer to buy just google the question, fuck modern degrees.
I don't believe people know what they are talking about unless they have studied under someone personally

lel dude if you find the right local industrial supplier, they'll help you out for free without you paying all kinds of school fees.

It depends whether you have a brain or not, but if you have a knack for what you're trying to do then the other people will basically apprentice you if you really enjoy it and want to learn.

Because universities are run by con men, ((alumni)) bucks and sportsball get them sheckels from the government. KU just destroyed a whole lot of parking spaces for an indoor practice field for football (hand egg for you europpors) and our team is fucking ass. Its a social test seeing you are high enough in socioeconomic status to learn and regurgitate the propaganda of the system, while neutering any chance at true "rebellion" or insight. Read Teds thoughts on it. Its a scam.

You're right, a lot of people in trades are too ugly/socially retarded that most women wouldn't willingly settle down with a grunt who maxed at his earning potential at 25. Maybe you'll knock up a stripper or bar-slut

Your degree isn't going to stop the cancer from eating you alive in the end. But go ahead, pretend that your life has meaning. Fucking idiot.

>why college is such a fuckin' ripoff
Go if you know what you want to do, otherwise it's jew propaganda central

Understand what jews did to the west post-WW2

go into a trade like a fucking man and get a skill that will benefit you and society.

Please direct me to people who will provide me with raw gemstones and precious metals for free who will teach me for free

See? It's not the most terrible thing. There was this one time I had to tie my big leather belt to the chimney because I had to lean and hang all over the edges to get it done.

That puts the fear in me, but I've also climbed 40' ladders before to paint under-eves and whatever else, so sometimes you just have to man up enough to do it once you've done it before.

DO NOT REPLY TO CANVASSING THREADS
Remember that you have Options.

This, which is why STEM needs a redo. IMO computer science shouldn't be taught in colleges, it should be a trade, and it should take 2 years.

What if the degree is in an expanding field, not STEM

GOOGLE THE ANSWERS GOY AND YOU CAN GET ANY DEGREE YOU LIKE
DO YOUR PACKET WORK GOY
TAKE YOUR MANUFACTURED TEST GOY
GOOD GOY
Fuck your jewish racket called the education system. I'll go the library like a normal person, fuck you. did i mention fuck you?

Because people will pay the exorbitant prices, and if they can't, the government will through aid, grants, subsidies, etc.
That's it.

>>walk into job interview
Ya, because the 400 pound HR dyke who goes over your resume is someone we should all fucking care about.

I mean they'll teach you for "free" but you'll be working for, and learning under, them.
No doubt some kind of contract would be involved

You should have to provide an outline that details specifically why you want to be in college, and your goals after obtaining the degree you outlined. If you can't do this, you shouldn't be admitted into college. College has turned into adult daycare over the last few decades, as Highschoolers are told that they MUST go to college, despite them not having a single fucking clue what they want to do. They're actively making college more expensive, worsening the debt crisis, and making college less reputable all at the same time.

Attached: 186fen.jpg (584x436, 41K)

Report this stormdrain spammer. Mentally ill faggot makes holohoax btfoers look bad.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/>>190963288/

>pretend that your life has meaning. Fucking idiot.
Who else is going to design the systems that pump oil to you? Are you this fucking delusional? Fucking kill yourself, I bet you have dreams of being a vidya dev

One aspect that isn't broadly known or discussed is Chinese nationals increasingly coming here to study. Their rich factory owner parents or bigwig dad in the PLA gladly pay full tuition on top of whatever else was spent on cheating on the TOEFL to get accepted, and college administrators at (especially) the fancier schools are quickly becoming addicted to those bux. The more niggers and spics they accept, the less money they rake in because god knows those two populations aren't going to pay nearly anywhere near the tuition/alumni donations they need to keep their bloated budgets and salaries cruising along.

No, the entire HR department should be eliminated and colleges should all die after having their tax-free status removed. They don't do anything but bring in 3rd world people with visas and the most of them are the dumbest people who only drain out our notions of higher education while saddling our own children with impossible debt.

They don't have realistic interviews, not even if you get to be the guy who does the technical interview. The only people who say otherwise are just looking after their own asses because they got ahead because they were born in to the system and don't want to lose their nice comfy spot in life.

College is entirely worth the price if you have a brain, you have a plan, and you know what you're going to do with your degree.

Just going to college for the sake of it, at an average institution, with average grades, in a shit tier subject, will lead you nowhere.

College has been turned into a fucking money printing machine by communists.
>professors have tenure, ensuring they cannot get fired for performance
>federally backed student loans with unlimited funds, ensuring professors always get paid
>"general education & diversity" course requirements, ensuring they always have employment
It's one giant racket. Get in and out with paying as little as possible.

Ok, So university is full of a lot of shitty paths and there to scam you. However, if you want a job that is not in the slave pits of trades or small business, you need to get a degree.

Go into anything but the humanities. Then it's just an expensive but necessary cost. Self-education is obviously legit, but you need to think about this as a game society is playing rather than about education. Institutions need shorthands for qualification, so they use degrees. It isn't because degrees make you especially qualified versus a smart person, it's that they need to weed out people from their job interviews.

Education is also full of parasitic leftist progressive gatekeepers who are trying to rape the institution into liberalism. These people are the problem, they're the ones saying "education is about activism", "we need free education" (because being a gender studies PHD is fuckall), "a well-rounded education is good". That's the problem with education, it is increasingly out of touch with what actually contributes value and has instead been bloated by edutainment majors. Because it's mostly just a paper placard, they don't have market competition to produce a good product.

China can fuck right off. That's all part of the Jewish money recycling program. Chinese are an invasive species.

Not a ripoff if you attend an accredited uni and get a job with a company that will only hire you if you have said accredited degree + experience. Reason college tuition is imploding is because of guaranteed loans + admin staff cost + competition between uni infrastructure to attract students at huge costs = problem. I blame the system and support its undoing.

>you need to get a degree
oy vey!

>patents make x amount of money a year
>no financial aid for me
>every single poor person keeping themselves bare minimum with iPhones and expensive clothes wasteful eating habits gets financial aid and extra as checks
>they pocket money ever semester at a 2.5 GPA minimum
>smart kids need to compete with each other for scholarships
>dumb non Asian minorities just need to have a skin color
Lastly
>undocumented get financial aid too guaranteed

I didn't pay and no debts. Serving my country for honor fuck college. If I want money I'll go blue collar or commission

You're right, America is a heap of trash

Because of government garuenteed loans. Schools can charge whatever they want because 17 year olds can get unlimited government backed money to borrow. End the student loan program and tuition will correct itself.

I like how none of you refuted this

Attached: 16e.png (473x516, 95K)

OY VEY THAT'S NOT KOSHER THAT'S NOT PART OF YOUR MID TERM

Its not. I visit my local church and we have a 30y/o old woman from Iran working with kids. In Iran she studied english didactics and in 2015 moved to germany to study here aswell. Now she is 30 and very successfull. Also she speaks 3 languages, including german, very well.

She is 100 times more successfull then i will ever be

Attached: IMG_5690.jpg (200x195, 19K)

I'm sorry but you're slaving away if you're working for anyone other than yourself and you have obligations or report to any superior in business. If you're working for somebody else's business, not cooperating, coordinating, or contracting, you are a slave.

God forbid we act delusional...

Forgot to add this:
t. desperate 26 y/o neet

Attached: IMG_5573.jpg (720x491, 143K)

user, you can't work for yourself if you don't get an MBA

>100 times more successfull then i will ever be
Than.

tell that to the stoners running pot shops on the west coast bitch

>She is 100 times more successfull then i will ever be
successful

They are, and they all need to be kicked out ASAP. On top of being ant people paypigs, Chinese students are also basically spies for their government and steal valuable research that Americans with the real smarts did all of the legwork on. All of these schools like Harvard, Stanford, Johns Hopkins University, etc. do know about these issues, but they look the other way because of the money brought in by the dumb chinks and that China gives these schools sweetheart deals in terms of letting them open international campuses in their cities.

We'll see about that.

Attached: maybe-you-should-join-majestic-12-in-a-body-bag.png (1364x768, 697K)

lol I was involved with the drug trade for a while. Those fucking addicts will do anything to keep the game going under cover of trying to be nice.

Yeah, I mix them up very often.
She is smarten THAN me.
She studied in Iran, THEN in germany.
Thanks, user.

Ensured cash flow. The students are tricked into loans they are given with little consideration, these loans are backed up by the government and are the only ones you cannot default on. This means the college has an ensured flow of cash. When you add to the fact colleges have turned into a business and that they hold a monopoly they will increase the prices. Education isn't really a free market.
Most of that huge cost of tuition goes to needless administration bloat, the nogball and other sports teams, and for building new structures.

And most of academia doesn't know about Obama's America Invents Act because they don't give a shit about anything, not anything intellectual, nor anything to do with their country. They're so fucking unbelievably stupid all they care about is putting it on the company card to take their friends out to the restaurant that advertises they use retards to pick organic spinach and here's the nicest wine.

>Canada
>Oil infrastructure
good one

>inb4
smarten = smarter

I am on my ohone, so my orthography is fucked up ;) No exuses for grammar mistakes though.

Went to college, graduated in 2013, good grades, still only making $13.50 an hour.

I've never once in my life worked a job in which the skills needed were anything beyond gradeschool level. Of course they say you need at least high school diploma, bachelor's degree preferred, but the skill sets of these jobs has jack shit to do with anything I did in high school or college.

My rant is probably more about working in customer service than college in particular, but simply having "a college degree" means nothing. It's all dependent on what you studied and who you know.

Lol I actually thought I'd get a job doing research (whether for a company or non profit) because I majored in political science and spent my undergrad doing research and statistical analyses. FUCKING LOL!!!! I can't believe I trusted my professors who assured me I'd be able to find meaningful employment. Seriously unless you're doing STEM, Business/Finance, or Medical, college is simply not worth.

Liberal arts degrees are literally just babysitting, it's a wealth transfer scheme. It's absolute bullshit.

I went to private catholic jesuit high school and then a jesuit university. I unironically think my high school work was more rigorous and intellectual than in college.

going into IT cause there are no drug tests.

its hard to get into IT without a degree.

Attached: 1535250870704.jpg (1280x720, 468K)

I have friends in the trade, and every single one of them is married with kids. Nice try scholomo, but no one's buying your Jew trickery.

It's a combination of student loans and people memeing that a college degree is automatic money.

You also have useless degrees like gender studies or some absurdly specific focus of history where unless you're professor material yourself your degree is toilet paper.