Are elite universities worth attending?

Are elite universities worth attending?

Attached: 1430226473920.png (510x606, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5QruHY6hqAc
youtu.be/x8kjr00WJV0
youtu.be/wl8XMUo9vcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

t. Carnegie

wait, is Carnegie elite university?

if you want the very best, newest, top-of-the-line indoctrination

Attached: 1489627482554.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Yes

Attached: 63B1F059-2BF3-4102-86E5-6457F53B3BAC.jpg (750x1164, 369K)

Whether their worth attending there are a unbelievably large number of employers who would just love to hire you.

>#25 in national university

wait... is it elite? there are 24 other US university which is better than yours. so I guess it is not elite.

Yeah, maybe it is above average tho

Depends on the field dumbasses. Go to whatever school is best in what you want to do.

Yes if you plan on doing something with the degree. If you want to shitpost on the internet just get into a trade, join a union, work less hours than I do with none of the debt

t. Yale

So only Harvard is elite to you? Fag you couldn’t get into university of Phoenix

Only if you get a useful degree. Don't go for fucking nigger studies or anything like that shit.

I think ivys are elite school. Carnegie is not in Ivy. right?

15 years ago maybe

Carnegie is definitely considered elite in STEM fields.

Harvard used to create underwater microphones for the USAAF in WWII to find submarines. Now they've skewed more toward teaching ideology, and you've seen the results.

Usually not tbqh

Have you been to any Ivy? You know that Berkeley is not an Ivy, MIT is not an Ivy.

I thought you japan niggers were supposed to be smart.

Stanford, Duke, Johns Hopkins, U Chicago, Caltech, MIT... these schools aren't Ivies either but they are most definitely considered elite.

wait, Duke is considered as elite school in US?
haha my dumb relative goes to there. so your list must be stupid.

t. A student who attend to BEST uni in the Japan.

If you're asian or white(not jew), then it's worth it.
Anyone else is just a minority quota.

As an Ivyfag I can assure you the people at CalTech and MIT get a much better education than 90% of students at say, Cornell.

People who answer "no" to this question simply aren't aware of the opportunities available to kids at top 15-20 universities that are (with a few exceptions) totally unavailable to kids at schools ranked lower than that.

UPENN Wharton here
Yes, if you can afford it and use everything available to your advantage
MIT rejected me because I'm too white

based Chad colleges include Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, UChicago, Dartmouth and Wharton (Penn)

the rest are full of chinks, indians and psychotic lefties

Why wouldn't attending elite universities be worth it to Jews?

Attached: Elite Admissions.jpg (693x770, 148K)

for compsci and math/engineering type shit carnegie is definitely up there with the best

>liberal brainwashing detention centers that YOU pay for

No.
Find a decent program somewhere that has a good teacher-to-student ratio. If you have the money to pay for these expensive shitholes then go for it but don't come crying when you go to MIT and kill yourself.

Funfact: The top 1% at a run-of-the-mill $30k/yr state school WILL do better than the bottom 50% at a $60k/yr Ivycuck school

unironically all the kids from my high school that went ivy(~30) were minorities or had alumni in their family

All degrees should be split into many certifications and the majority of school should be done online.

Duke is a great school and believe me when I tell you that I come to their defense begrudgingly.

t. Vanderbilt

Oh yes, it's actually considered more elite than several of the Ivies (Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell). But at that point you're splitting hairs for the most part.

This is research list idiot.
UCSD is not elite
UToronto is not elite
UTokyo is not elite
and yes I've met UTokyo grads,
your prof reuse past exam.
You have literal cheating circles in your school where the older students give younger students past exams.

Yes, for STEM.

For STEM fields, attending a top 5 schools for your field is absolutely worth it

t. Georgia Tech Grad Student

It doesn't matter because great firms and big banks will still hire you if you have a degree in a real major. Just do finance or really instead of anything ending in studies

t. shitposting from Harvard's library

this is fucking retarded only blue-collarfags would think this. a huge reason to go to uni is connections.

obviously the education at any given university is similar so what sets them apart is the student body and the alumni base. if you take your classes online then you just get the education and then what the fuck is the point you can just google the shit.

nigger, only if you're PhD or Post-doc
Gtech is shit tier

Yeah the game is definitely becoming tougher for non-legacy asian and white kids.

The ivies are good in certain areas, but it means jack shit. There are plenty of schools that equal them like MIT, Stanford and Berkeley in certain areas which are NOT ivies.

crazy how every leading college is in BLUE ran CITIES. Further showing only rural rednecks voted for drumpf.

No

t. Florida State

Attached: Based Bobby.jpg (620x390, 40K)

salt inslut :3

Our eco major still beat typical American grad student for GRE math score.
You are not studying shit.

Depends on what you are majoring in, user.

>Top 5 Undergrad: Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil, Industrial, Biomedical, Chemical, Computer Programs in the US

>>Top 5 Graduate: Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil, Industrial, Biomedical, Chemical, Computer Programs in the US

contain your butthurt, Cletus.

Texas A&M is literally rural.

your fun fact is true. but going to that shithole school for 4yrs admittedly sucks compared to rich elite school. and your network is from that shit school for the next 50 years. and that shithole school is on your resume for 50 years

>WHAT IS A FALSE FLAG
These have been used throughout the history of mankind to subvert the course of time. To cause confusion and sow dissent!
>the history of false flags
Started with Grugs, longnose grug tribe would dress as blonde haired grugs and they cause problems for gentile grugs..
>problem reaction solution

Learn to cut through their bullshit facades, become sentient!
>remove your NPC shackles
False flag video
youtu.be/5QruHY6hqAc

Also here is a bonus NPC MKultra video
youtu.be/x8kjr00WJV0
Have fun!

Ingersoll Lockwood Spoopy Halloween vid MAGA Baron Bonus
youtu.be/wl8XMUo9vcQ
Comfyness maximus

yeah their test averages were in the 90-95th percentile while kids with 99.5+ percentile didnt get into any ivies. at least they got into some of the nicer non ivies like stanford and uchi

If it's business yeah. Best thing you get is the networking

Attached: the way she goes.jpg (480x360, 35K)

How about Gender studies?

I know a friend who study gender study in US. Is it something special field of sociology?

Ivy League schools are more about who you'll meet, than what you'll learn. If you have good people skills then yeah

If you’re doing OMSCS it barely counts as GT

>a huge reason to go to uni is connections
and dating pool. rich parents want their kids fucking and then marrying another high IQ rich kid

If you want to be marked for life as a literal faggot who will probably get thrown off a roof in the next 10 years, go ahead.

a couple of proponents for going to a state school:
>scholarships are easy come by, I'll graduate debt free
>the work really isn't that hard, even for a double major(stem and business, trying to stay vague)
>an ENDLESS supply of thots for one's choosing
>FOOTBALL
>F O O T B A L L
>great greek life
>being slightly above average makes you better than 90% of the kids there
>endless supply of thots

There are tons of other points but those are the main ones.

Attached: 524.jpg (1080x1349, 211K)

bs in economics is heavy in math i wouldnt be surprised. and by typical american grad student do you mean from those schools or the whole american student body because if its the latter then youre a retard japanon

I'm not and I somewhat agree

UT fag or no?

FSU.

only worth it if youre bright and good at schmoozing up to professors for academia's circlejerk.
all honestry it DOES put you above B-list schools in the resume pool for real jobs, but if your goal is academic research or anything of the sort, go to the place you can ace everything, because publications and refrences are worth way more

A&M is an exception tho

GRE?
No one actually seriously studies for the GRE in America.
>Undergrad: Accepts anyone with a heartbeat
>Grad: Master program is a cashcow
Hmm undergrad and grad school filled with idiots to fund the PhD students and professors.

>Economics is heavy in math

you are joking. You can not seirous
>doing second year high school level math
>mathmatically intensive

>my school is 15th

Lolwat, the medschool must be carrying it fucking hard in these rankings

This is true. I wasn’t even top 1% in my state school (U Minnesota) but had four offers at top tech companies before thanksgiving rolled around during my senior year. I’m currently making way more than my high school friends who got into ivies

yeah, and somehow average GRE score is 155 or something in US. Meanwhile, 15 yo Japanese high school student can solve it.

get the point?

Duke is not elite, neither is Carnegie Mellon

if you are taking a ba in economics yes a walking monkey could do it

bs in economics at any school worth its salt will have a fair amount of mathematics and not second year high school shit either

You're just paying for the pedigree. Biology is biology, it doesn't change because the tuition is tens as high.

Paying for an Ivy league school's tuition is like spending $1200 on an iPhone when you could have spent $300 on a device that provides the same functionality.

What a lot of people don't understand is that they think because someone went to an Ivy League they will end up as a master of the universe. What they forget, or fail to recognize, is that those who graduate from such schools and step immediately into high mobility positions are doing so not just because of the name of their degree... it also has a LOT to do with the last name and who their family is.

Great talking out of your ass user, what universities have you attended?

They are only good as a rubber stamp for getting good jobs. Very little difference in learning occurs in them except for STEM.

Duke is not more elite the Cornell you knob

Psh hardly. More like
>Everything will be super-competitive, nobody will help you with shit and may even sabotage you
vs
>Everybody is in the same boat and just tryna pass, will be friendly and help you on your homeworks/quizzes

Plus once you graduate your experience/network from your first engineering firm is more important than your undergrad. A project manager who graduated from Average Joe University and had engineers work under him for 10 years will get hired before some kid with a silver spoon in his asshole.

It's literally not on the list OP posted you fucking idiot. jesus Christ you drumpfkins can't even read.

Hey american uni students.

Let me ask question.

Why is there Gender studies, African american studies and jewish studies in school?

Why is it NOT in sociology department and being independent?

it make me confuse.

Attached: interested-frog.jpg (225x225, 14K)

What metrics are you basing that assessment on? I don't go to Duke so I don't really have a dog in the fight.

toughest class is econometrics, and anyone can pass it because 60 is an A

>retard hasn’t heard of other schools
Goy, bet you believed those were the only universities in existence kek

500 level Econometrics was awful

t. econ degree

Attached: WP_20170809_07_54_25_Pro.jpg (3863x2359, 2.63M)

OOF WRONG PHOTO

Attached: 9EFB9853-BA24-4DD9-B9C8-5D60C1DAECE6.jpg (855x1024, 81K)

Not if you have to pay

>T. Michishit alum

having a look at older exams isn't cheating you retard

Attached: SHUT IT DOWN.jpg (410x292, 16K)

I got a 166 on the math part while I hungover/still drunk from the night before. Getting a high GRE is not hard, I know this because I'm a retard.

>Why is there Gender studies, African american studies and jewish studies in school?
They have to shove it down our throats. I have to take whats called a "diversity credit" which can only be fulfilled with classes like that, despite the fact I'm a software engineering/business double major

look at the japs ranking in the OP
that's the Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities. That's the way China judges foreign universities so it knows what areas it needs to improve to get Tsinghua and Peking universities into the top tier. It's completely unbiased.

yeah you are retard. you are one of sample. haha

same.
bs econ from Penn State
final exam was open book lel

apparently he cherry picked the average gre score of the entire us student body real genius

One of my family members attended the University of Chicago and became a cool wine aunt, so go there if you want lots of money but no kids

>tfw your state has like 7 of the top schools in it.
suck if flyovers

My school is ranked above Duke on that list and yet I would choose Duke over it in a heartbeat. Who cares about what chinks think about our universities, I only care about what the Wall Street blowhards think.

I have a degree, but thought about going back. Is an electrical engineering degree worth the time and money?

it was annoying because all the econometric classes past 300 became weighted because so many retards were failing

Their law school is consistently ranked number one. I'm not sure about undergrad but I'd assume it's pretty good

>prof reuse old exam
>students take a look at older exams
>isn't cheating
Frog you'd fit in well with the somalians

uchicago attracts a lot of autists for some reason.
the most autistic kid in my school chose uchi

Fuck off, you dumb 交換留学生 at some shit like 早稲田.