Why Are Dems Melting Down?

I don't get it, Democrats are going to win the house but they're still losing their shit! Wtf is wrong with them?

Attached: asdf.png (320x258, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GDQSAF3f9n0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can't do shit with a narrow house win.
They needed a high majority in the House + Senate Majority.

House doesn't do judicial candidates, the court-packing jig is up, Ruth gonna kick the bucket any minute.

yeah but republicans can't do shit either if they don't control the house.

it's not like the dems could've done much anyways with Trump being president.

Lost 4 incumbent senators (FL, ND, IN, MO)

Lost FL gov race

Lost GA gov race

>yeah but republicans can't do shit either if they don't control the house.
Not if Trump pulls out the Obama classic of using Executive Orders to ignore the House.

The house was kind of expected, and they didn’t win as many spots in the house as they said they would. Every time a new party takes the office they lose on average 31 seats in the midterms. People always like to balance the power, at least a huge amount of moderators

Gridlocked Congress ironically makes Trump even more powerful, from a certain point of view.

they wanted it all, the senate included

We wanted the wall but cuck trump cant get it done and lost again

Where are people getting such great odds for the democrats in the house? I'm seeing a pretty even, slightly Republican-favorited field left out there.

>yeah but republicans can't do shit either if they don't control the house.
Yeah, but this means two years of trump using obamas old excuse of all his plans being stopped by congress. this will let trump continue doing nothing he said he would do, this time with an excuse.
It is favorable for trump to lose narrowly

Yeah a retards

west coast is always solid blue

simply winning the house by a slim margin is pretty embarrassing for Dems. Its two years of non stop anti trump propaganda PLUS the fact that party out of power usually does gangbusters in mid terms

really? I thought the Gov races were going D with all the press

Because they were expecting a BIG win.
There was no way there was gonna be a Red Wave....but there is a Red Wall.

t. Jew

Where are these meltdowns?

They can 'resist' all measures to halt white replacement until they get the electorate they want

>I don't get it, Democrats are going to win the house but they're still losing their shit! Wtf is wrong with them?

Beginning of the night was scary. It looked almost exactly like 2016, especially with Florida.

Dems won’t even win the house
Screen cap this

Twitter land, and some news anchors.

Your tears ;_;

This and more. Basically, the house has been useless for Trump anyway and the Dems have only gained committee power and not any real legislative power. Nothing will be passed by Congress for the next two years, lol.

This all sets up an interesting scenario where Trump can play Dem House obstruction in order to rule by executive power, while having the more powerful Senate in his hands.

He can now go on the offensive without looking like a bully.

Those odds aren't for the Dems winning the house. Those are the odds for the Dems going to prison for election fraud.

Attached: 7805367.png (600x429, 386K)

This.

Democrats blew their wad this election and the best they could do was barely win the house. That's to be expected in just about any 1st term midterm election.

Considering the money that they spent and the media's non stop anti-republican propaganda, the democrats had a pathetic night.

They are going to publicly make a big show out of barely taking the house, but privately, any democrat with a brain (kek) is feeling massive regret at this point.

Definitely, the red levee held, this is not a victory for dems, this is attrition

I've been thinking about this and it is actually true. The main check on Trump's actions is media perception management. With the House in Democrat hands Trump has "opposition" that allows him to make certain moves without appearing like a big strong man lording over the weak women and browns. The women and browns have "power" now, lol. We'll see how they play it - the Senate is the real power.

Literally everyone assumes Dems in CA will ensure they pick off any district within shooting distance because they have an army of illegal voters and the full backing of the state and the people.

I don't get this logic. Dems want to stop Trump to impose his agenda. With the dems reaching a house majority, this is possible. Therefore, this is good for the dems.

>this will let trump continue doing nothing he said he would do, this time with an excuse.
It is favorable for trump to lose narrowly
Who cares about excuses? Trump won't able to do what he wants to do and his base will be disappointed as the dems were able to stop evil Drumpf from doing all the bad, evil shit he said he would do. How is this bad for the dems? Because they can't impeach him? Well, then they were fucking delusional to begin with if they actually thought this was a realistic possibility. The best they could've hoped for during a Trump presidency was to obstruct and this is exactly what they'll be able to do after the midterm elections.

Both Republicans and Democrats:

>are pro war for fake kike nation Israhell
>shit on civil liberties
>continue the risible (((status quo)))
>etc.
>youtu.be/GDQSAF3f9n0 [Open]

Trump:

>raised the national debt at levels much higher than Obama nigger
>has seen more immigrants coming in than under Obama nigger
>has aided fake kike nation Israhell much more than Obama nigger

Democracy serves as:

>Hegelian dialectics
>Distraction
>Divide & Conquer
>Keeping you invested in the system
>Enstilling passivity

Not voting = based

>taking responsibility for the situation yourself; not letting some untrustworthy puppet decide it for you
>showing disagreement with the status quo
>not wasting energy on an event that won’t change anything: use your energy instead to further what you want for society

Democracy is very similar to sporting games, if you think about it and what it actually accomplishes.

I vote Dem, give me the fucking wall and I'll vote trump 2020, otherwise fuck him.

Let's be honest, Republicans were never going to do shit anyways. At least this way the Democrats will get the blame.

The House in constant protest mode won't fair well for Dems in 2020. Especially if they tried impeaching Trump for literally no reason.

You know they will do that in the first 5 days and it will get them so much backlash.

They expected Senate win with blue wave. Gop GAINED Senate seats. Even if losing the house. This is the best case scenario already with optional better case scenario with a marginal loss in house. Senate extra seats will make it easier for judicial confirmations. With two to be expected in the next two years. Then in 2020 Trump can blame the house if border wall is not funded. Ez win

They know death is knocking on the door of (((Ginsberg))) and completely losing the SC is a death blow to the party.

BasicLly all that has happened tonight is that congress will get essentially nothing important done for the next two years. This is normal as most new presidents try to get everything big done in the beginning because power is always fleeting. However, holding the senate is huge because of the extreme age and u healthiness of some of the justices.

The dems would have been better to control the senate and lose the house. But all they can do is drag through the house some limped dick investigations while trump appoints another justice and pushes through his agenda through EO

People gotta remember when Obama had his Midterms, he got ROYALLY FUCKED by the GOP (like 60 House Seats and 6 Senate seats went GOP).

Trump is doing way better.

what s the point of having mid term elections if the president can use EXEC ORDERS ?

Looking at the details will be interesting but it's already clear that the Dems have not managed to flip any Trump voters. They've boosted their urban core NPC zombie vote and pushed over a few people who voted against HIllary to their side. That's with a full-court, all-media propaganda press for two years. Running against straw-man Hitler and they didn't sway any Trump supporters.

The big thing is how this changes the dynamics for the President - what can he do differently now? I suspect he'll try to propose some very Democrat friendly legislation and they'll vocally oppose it because they feel like they have to. He'll use that to justify ignoring them for the rest of the two-year session.

Yeah it'd be a fucking joke. Even Republicans weren't that stupid trying to impeach Obama when they won big in 2010.

Economy was still so-so in 2010. Tump is widing a wave of green from things finally being un-Dubya'd after 8 years of Democrat POTUS.

>Trump won't able to do what he wants to do

not through Congress. But it turns out that's not terribly necessary. Trump has had a hostile Congress the entire time.

I wonder how many times will investigate to get nothing on Trump. They've desensitized their base. Even if Trump is corrupt he leaves no trail. Time traveler.

cause they cant impeach him and that's all they want to do

Attached: john mccains crying daughter.gif (320x260, 1.91M)

Itt: republican meltdown
with the house we can work toward impeaching trump its over nazis!

they can't even pretend to impeach

Attached: 1541259014435.png (832x832, 502K)

Not great for them. They get the house, but Pelosi is the face of the party. Trump vetoes anything she put up without repercussion. Of she does something like infrastructure which only strengthens trump for 2020. Meanwhile, McConnell continues to push judges through, and the dems have no shot at the judiciary for 30-40 years.

They were meant to be used extremely sparingly but then bush/obama

You don't have the votes for impeachment nor legal grounds

What I've learned over the past twenty years is that House investigations are a complete farce and accomplish absolutely nothing. Prove me wrong.

Bullshit, something fuckey is going on. Even now im getting news alets saying "Dems win half the seats needed to take house" Thats not a number or accomplishment. If they were confident they wouldnt need weaselly headlines like that.

Yes please, try to impeach him. It's like Democrats cant help themselves doing the exact thing they shouldn't do.

say it with me
MADAM SPEAKER!!

Senators are elected for six years, House Reps for two. Do the math. Trump could control at least one house until conceivably 2024.

Regardless of where things stand right now if the GOP win so much as one house of Congress it will be a disaster scenario for the Left, at least until 2020.

This. They're going to make out their House win to be a huge victory, but it's all going to be a show. It's actually pretty pathetic in context.

nothing she puts up will get through the Senate.

Well they lost a 17 year senate seat in Florida, that’s a pretty big hit.

This. He's going to present infrastructure projects that they'll shoot down because 'orange man bad'.

Republicans can possibly increase this Senate again later. Doug Jones will be replaced in Alabama for sure.

yeah but we lost the kansas gov race...

Florida turning Red
Beto got BTFO
They also thought they will control the Senate

Good point. I believe there has been a rule change to stop that a bit. An agency, typically the ones who implement executive orders, can no longer make changes if the change effects the economy by certain dollar.

Executive orders are BS.

House reps are much more beholden to their districts and don't vote in the lockstep way the Senate tends to. A thin margin gives them very little operating power. All they've done is get rid of some old guard GOP "conservatives" that weren't any great help to begin with, plus probably pushing California to the edge of uni-party communist utopia. This may well be a Pyrrhic victory.

Good point. Ultimately the Senate is better to have than the house. But Dems are better off than they were yesterday.

Lost Beto

Can the Dems refuse to make a budget and close the federal government for 2 years? Thousands of unemployed government workers might cause a recession, which is good for their party, right?

I'm actually hoping he goes for the child care proposal that he put up during the campaign. That would be the ultimate in exposing democrat hypocrisy. Because they know the Dems won't support it they can really go to town on the proposal, too.

Beto and Florida Gov were the big reputation contests, tonight.

>Dems are better off than they were yesterday.

Maybe tactically, but possibly not strategically. I tend to think this give Trump license to be more bold -he's had to carry water for a cuckservative House for two years and now he can openly disregard them without the GOP anchor around his neck.

but then basicly the president has no power after 2 years.

Trump voters love government shut downs. Frankly it would be the best possible thing to have happen, and to blame it on the Dems would be even funnier. All of those govt paychecks are just Dem bribes to unemployable niggers anyway. Public sector unions should be illegal.

It’s ogre

Trump will be safe for the next two years. With a senate majority, he won't get removed. Legislation will crawl to a standstill so we will see a shitload of executive orders. Let's hope we can get some more justices in the SCOTUS, that will matter for decades.

This is a 2 year election for representative. Representatives who will do literally nothing but virtue signal on the floor, push forward legislation for brownie points, and all those bills will be immediately crushed by the even more Republican controlled senate.
When voters see that their swing elections did nothing, Republicans will have a strong chance of taking back those seats.

Over the past 12 months, across America, Democrat orgs have raised and spent over 5 billion dollars trying to flip Republican seats. They ended up putting a couple more Republicans in the senate, and their house victories end up meaningless. Imagine paying 5 billion USD to just stand in the wind and piss in your own face. Thats what the Dems just did. Some of these battle grounds had elections cost upwards of 300 million to run. Not exactly an investment with good returns.

Government shutdown is the ultimate goal.

All branches of government have reached the point where they can no longer rely on anyone else to not be retarded, so they're all cutting every corner they can to unilaterally make policy.
I advocate a return to monarchy.

We're broke now but it doesn't have to be that way forever. D's will eventually give up their current strategy. CA and NY give them such a head start but after they lose all red state dems they'll realize only governing for the coast is ultimately a losing strategy. They'll bitch about electoral college and how montana has the same number of senators as CA but if they want power they'll change their policies.

I understand the argument for monarchy but the thing I don't trust about it is: how to kick the bum of a monarch out? The idea of benevolent monarch is nice but that pesky human nature...

The Senate is better than the house, for sure. But like you said, the democrats are better off than before.

GOP didn't get shit done when they controlled everything, and they will get even LESS done in the next 2 years.

Trump will LITERALLY be running on
>I won't get anything done, but you need to elect me so democrats don't get anything done either
I supported Trump from day 1, but if that's what Trump leads us to, with nothing else to show for it, then Trump is a huge failure and waste of time.

We didn't elect Trump to get nothing accomplished

Even the most terrible of monarchs would be better then an elected leader. He will have his whole family to help him rule. That being said if you really want to get rid of him there is always regicide.
The old ways are the best.

Attached: 1513833542718.jpg (1150x1266, 134K)

>Senate has been nothing but compliant with all investigations regardless of party because they aren't corrupt pieces of shit

>Only thing keeping Trump in power was the inaction of the Republicans in the House

Basically. He is getting impeached and if he doesn't he is definitely gonna drown in investigations and lose in 2020. How Jow Forums still thinks this is a victory is beyond me.

>how to kick the bum of a monarch out?
Guns. A less complicated government has less distraction/scapegoats for failure. No more "I couldn't legislate because or the President is using his veto," or "I can't govern because the House is working against me."

Even better he can absolutely lambast and browbeat them over not passing immigration reform-type stuff or other causes they supposedly champion.

how much of that is dirty Chink money?

>We didn't elect Trump to get nothing accomplished
We're pals with rocketman now, that's actually a fairly huge plus for regional stability.

Probably a huge chunk of it.

>nothing accomplished
>implying

Brett Kavanaugh ring a bell?
The bell tolls for RBG

The incumbants losing is big as seniority governs committee placement.

Who cares? Kansas isn't a battleground state, this is like the Republicans winning gov'ships in VT and MA. It shouldn't be taken as a sign that the state is shifting on any national level

They are like children. They want ALL of the candy or else they'll be kicking and screaming on the floor.

>implying that the contemporary iteration of both major parties remotely resembles what they were even three years ago