Dems barely squeak by with more seats than Repubs in the House

>Dems barely squeak by with more seats than Repubs in the House
>Dems lose seats in the Senate
>Magic Nigger not elected into Florida
>ZK slipped into Texas
>All this despite endless blue shilling for the last 2 years

This is a good midterm, my dudes.

Attached: JUS T.png (653x561, 651K)

can somebody explain to me how the repubs won the senate but not the house, are there different people voting in each election I mean I would have expected them to be the same more or less

Yeah, I don't get this either. What kind of person doesn't vote straight ticket?

House reps per state

Senators are 2 per state so low population rural states are disproportionately weighted vs. the house where districts are assigned by population, so a democratic popular vote win will win the majority of House seats but since their people are concentrated in a few areas, the low pop rural areas pick up disproportionate senate seats

or something

Dead people?

The whole House is up for re-election but only one third of the Senate is up for re-election. Republicans have 42 seats not up for re-election, meaning they only need to win 8 races to keep the Senate (since Pence casts the vote if the Senate ties).

every state gets two senators, regardless of population. There are more red states than blue states, so republicans have the edge. California and North Dakota are weighted equally.
House of Representatives is based on population, so more populous states get more representatives. California is worth 53, North Dakota is worth 1.

The house of representatives is meant to align themselves mostly with the wishes of the public, the senate is meant to represent the wishes of the individual states. Originally, senators weren't elected by popular vote but instead chosen by the state governments. This was part of the checks and balances built into our government, so that big states got a measured amount of greater power than small states but small states wouldn't be pushed over, and the will of the state governments and the people were both represented at the federal level.

Of course, that couldn't be allowed to stand so an amendment was passed to directly elect senators which really fucked things up.

Gerrymandering

Ya bro I mean living in denial is a sunshine world of paradise right?
READ WAVE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GIVE THEM YOUR ENERGY CHECK OUT MY DOUBLES
Jesus christ...

t. nigger

Attached: npcreddit.png (720x720, 71K)

Or just hunt libs as retaliation.

this isn't that bad yet

Attached: 1485785879833.jpg (720x720, 110K)

I agree. My state is now run by a literal gayjew but a dem house is probably the best campaign tool for Republicans in 2020. I can't wait to see how they fuck up their majority in two years while Trump adds two more justices to the Supreme Court

Attached: 1539167452314.jpg (930x1024, 123K)

KEK WILLS IT WE CAN STILL WIN THE HOUSE CALIFORNIA CAN STILL GO RED
It's not just a river in Africa you know?

It certainly wasn't a blue wave

>can somebody explain to me how the repubs won the senate but not the house,

The whole state votes for their senators, house seats are voted by district.

Lets say a hypothetical state has 4 districts of approximately equal population, and they vote:

51%D 49%R
51%D 49%R
51%D 49%R
40%D 60%R

The democrats would win 3 of 4 house seats but lose the senate seat.

the state is divided into districts. each district votes on their representative for the house. the whole state doesnt vote on house seats. so if its a liberal district then they will vote for the dem and vice versa.

Look how much the swamp is fighting Trump with both senate + house control. Losing the house is a huge loss.
Florida allowing felons to vote lays the groundwork for a 2020 loss. It cannot be understated how bad that law is.

Attached: USA_demographic_wave_already_over.jpg (310x583, 129K)

B-B-BUT MUH RACISMS

This country is so fucked