Prop 6 is here to stay

GOOD FUCKING JOB. You had ONE job. Just ONE. And it was to repeal the gas tax. Good fucking job California. You voted so that people higher up can tax the shit out of us without even telling us. I'M FUCKING DONE WITH THIS SHITTY STATE. THIS STATE IS SO FUCKING STUPID. RECALL XAVIER BECERRA FUCKING THIEF.

Attached: d017adee81b6eb64044bd874defee7231d62a734.jpg (709x704, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oroville_Dam_crisis
google.com/amp/s/sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/10/18/bay-area-road-worst-in-nation-trip-report/amp/
latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-will-kempton-california-roads-20170212-story.html
ocregister.com/2017/03/06/compare-the-condition-of-californias-highways-roads-to-other-states-with-this-map/
mercurynews.com/2017/03/04/californias-roads-are-some-of-the-poorest-in-the-nation-and-rapidly-getting-worse/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey dumbass, how else do you expect the roads to be maintained? Taxes like this are necessary for this state to survive.

KYS brainlet

t. california dems

Get a real job poor fag, if 20 extra cents per gallon of gas is too much for you then you're a complete failure in life.

>Here, take all of my paycheck, it's necessary for, um, society I guess

>had this tax for a decade to fix roads
>no roads fixed.

FUCK YOU ALL IT CAUSE THE GAY ATTORNEY GENERAL MADE IT SEEM LIKE VOTING YES MEANS YOU HATE ROADS INSTEAD OF STATING THIS WAS ALREADY IN PLACE AND HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING.

Yeah. They had some good initiatives on the ballot that got withdrawn. The only ones left were fucking retarded: One initiative wants to ban the sale of meat from animals processed in containers of a particular size. That's CA for you: always thinking about the issues.

>couple extra cents per gallon
>entire paycheck
retard
here's retard 2 with his hysteria

you're right but that's not what they use the money on, which is the problem.

We already have the highest gas tax in the nation even with the """repeal""" retard

large plastic bottles release chemicals, if that isn't an issue for you then you might be a mouth breather

Theres a difference between taking a few of my fries, or the fucking burger.

Mi has high gas taxes too and look at their roads, they have some of the best roads in the country. We do too simply because of the extra money from this tax. You dimwits don't know jack shit.

The idiots in California keep diverting all of the taxes for the maintenance and expansion of their critical infrastructure to dumb fucking social projects.
The best part about the Tax Cuts that were passed this year is they finally force California to be honest about how horrible its level of taxation is. Maybe without those exemptions people will ask more about what the fuck they're paying for.

nice non sequitur

opinion discarded

Gas taxes go to the roads, Sacramento has always diverted all of the money from that tax into road maintenance. We already have all the transparency we need in cali.

SB-1 gas tax also goes to bike and pedestrian paths, rail projects and to the state parks and agriculture departments

FUCK YOU LIARS

You retard, go anywhere else in the US or anywhere abroad that isn't Africa or a developing nation and then come back and tell us how the roads in Cali are some of the best. California has awful infrastructure and it's roadways and highway system are terrible. How brainwashed do you have to be to think that those roads are any good?
t. native Californian

California is a degenerate state that deserves to be punished really.

YUP its fucking terrible

Bull fucking shit. We had threads rooting for the failure of that fucking dam so it would flood your retarded capital city, and maybe even cause headaches in Berkely.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oroville_Dam_crisis
All because your retarded, chemically-addled governor refused to spend money on dam maintenance because a Drought had been going for a while. Guess what buttercup? Dams still need fucking maintenance during a drought.

Attached: 1503468939305.gif (500x300, 987K)

those are also roads too. What's your point bud?
>t. native Californian
>posts with jap flag
go back to the classroom english teacher, you aren't a true Californian

Attached: 1524004057543.png (592x492, 19K)

The restrictions will cause local meat prices to go up as producers spemd to comply and out of state importers will not even bother. Massive cost of living increase incoming.

>All because your retarded
>your
Try harder cletus, the simple fact is that California is the greatest state in the union, we produce the most goods, services, movies, and nuts and fruits than anyone else. You need us more than we need you. FACT.

>please take more of my money
Hurts transport companies too.

nice scaremongering, got any facts to back that up?

We'll see how long that lasts after week into cutting off the Colorado river and refusing electrical interconnects when your new governor inevitably attempts to rebel against the federal government.

>taxes are fine because I can afford them right now

HAHAHAHAHA

google.com/amp/s/sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/10/18/bay-area-road-worst-in-nation-trip-report/amp/

We'll get Mexico to join us, you guys better be careful. If we were our own country, we'd be a fucking superpower

Yeah. Owning/operating a farm, dealing with CA imports and, ya know, fucking logic. Read the text/regulations, fucking brainlet.

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-will-kempton-california-roads-20170212-story.html
>"This is the worst I have seen," he said of street conditions in California
>$136-billion backlog of repairs on state highways and local roads
ocregister.com/2017/03/06/compare-the-condition-of-californias-highways-roads-to-other-states-with-this-map/
>California leads the nation in deficient bridges and was near the bottom in eight of 11 categories
>California’s road and highway conditions have been ranked among the worst in the nation by the Reason Foundation’s annual highway report.
mercurynews.com/2017/03/04/californias-roads-are-some-of-the-poorest-in-the-nation-and-rapidly-getting-worse/
>The gas tax that supports maintaining its roads is one of the highest in the nation, but California’s highways, freeways and city roads are constantly rated some of the worst in the nation

faggot. Enjoy the hell you created.
also you are responsible for 1/3 posts ITT. CIDF much?

Attached: california prostitution minors is A-OK.png (1366x768, 663K)

>t. strawman gang
one incident, wow, that totally represents the whole state
idiot
these are just isolated incidents as well. What agenda are you trying to push here? d&c much?

Leave commiefornia, move to a state with better roads.
>"let's make a gas tax to help pay to fix roads!"
>"ok, but how are we gonna close the roads if our overpopulated state has too many people travelling for their regular work trip that they can't reroute"
>"uHHHHH, k-keep supporting Prop 6! We'll eventually figure it out!!"
Have fun paying more taxes for fucking nothing.

>Mexico to join us
Bitch please, they couldn't and wouldn't do shit. Practically every single time the US and Mexico have entered a military conflict the US went within an inch of total conquest, and that was far before the US possessed a shadow of its current power.

It cost 60 fucking dollars to fill up a small compact, this is fucking rediculous

It's actually around a dollar in Cali now. Lots of gas taxes.

I just checked, ~76 cents per gallon in taxes and (((fees))).

I make around $14.50/hr in California and my paychecks get taxed by roughly 15% already, after this shit its looking like im going to get taxed 17% or more. legit this fucking state is so shit, not to mention at least 10% MINIMUM of that 15% is going towards welfare and not the roads.

Attached: tf2_sad_spy_robo.jpg (964x807, 186K)

And on top of everything else in Califoria, the following two items:

>1) Bans plastic straws
>2) Expands program to freely distribute plastic -bodied syringes that have become a new and infamous form of street waste in all California metropolitan areas

Dollar bucko.
You are obviously a rich jewish kid

Well here in FL the retards just voted yes on EVERYTHING.

>muh 5 cents at the gas pump
You probably spend more anually on fucking dragon dildos of fucking programming socks, faggot
SOME of us care that our roads have fucking potholes and about the safety of decade old infrastructure not fucking collapsing

Hey dumbass fighting against taxation without representation is the fucking basis of what this country stands for. I'm fucking seething at how stupid you are and how stupid the ballot wording was.

Did you say Michigan roads are good? You're not from Michigan are you?

>repeal gas tax
Are you a fucking retard? Our roads need repair. You idiots realize you have to pay for that somehow right?

They keep "Fixing" the same road here while neglecting every other road. The road they keep fixing just gets an extremely thin new layer of asphalt that breaks after, quite literally a day.. The foundation is fucked and the road needs ripped out and put back, but they'd rather spend 15 million and do the equivalent of spray painting the fucking thing instead of fixing it.

>it's necessary for um society I guess
Actually he specified that you need tax dollars to fund road maintenance. That's specific and correct.

You have representation though retard. You reactionary right wingers don't even know your own talking points.

Gas tax has already been around for some time, roads a worse than ever in many areas. Don't even get me started on alleyways.

It's a dollar and now you get the added we raise it but dont have to tell you, tomorrow it could be $3, the next day $5 and its all legal. What the repeal wouldve of done is get the Ok from the PEOPLE to raise the tax. Have fun giving your money away like the fucking cuckold you are to the nanny state. NO ROADS HAVE BEEN REPAIRED WE HAVE THE WORST ROADS HERE YOU FUCKING IMBECILE, AND ALL THAT MONEY WILL GO TO THE GOVTS POCKET YOU FOOL.

>$136 billion
>isolated incidents
Did the state of CA hire a PR firm? I haven't seen damage control like this in ages.

>WAHHH I HAVE TO PAY TAXES TO FUND SHIT

Yes. Grow the fuck up and learn how shit works.

>Taxes bad!

No. Now the govt can raise the gas tax without telling the people. Good lord you're an idiot.

Over taxation is bad you fucking cum guzzling faggot

>michigan has good roads

michiganon here, yeah no lol

Gas tax + insane registration fee was the only thing I really cared about on the ballot.
Fuck this state. The Mexicans can have it.

Taxes are suppose to fund things.
California isn't funding shit, they're tossing it in the ocean, or they're burning it, because roads are not being fixed. I already pay more than any other state for vehicle registration and tags to "Fund the roads" and I'm bleeding at the pump to "Fund the roads" and I'm still driving on broken roads.

>gas taxes have been around for some time
Yes. Welcome to reality. I'm glad you finally woke up to the realization that that's how we pay for infrastructure.

>roads a worse than ever in many areas
Which is why you need funding. Also provide a source dipshit. Before you morons start making shitty decisions why don't you demonstrate past funds were actually wasted instead of just going TAXES BAD!!!

it was to repeal an increase in taxes on gas and diesel that came in 2017. there were already taxes on fuel that would have been unaffected by prop 6

>how else do you expect the roads to be maintained?
the road near my house has been the same shit for 20 years, the fuck are you talking about

Yes....because you have a representative government system retard. Those people called your govt, their job is to do exactly that kind of thing.

If you left it up to the idiot ass voters like yourself, they'd just go "TAXES BAD!! NO TAXES!!!" without any consideration of what the demand for infrastructure work is and how much tax revenue you'd need for that.
If

>over taxation
Define it.

It's a scam to make sure unions still have jobs. This State is such a joke and the retards that live here deserve to be fleeced. 65% of the morons here voted to have their property taxes GO UP based how much rain can fall on it. For all the pathetic LA RAZA chest thumping, beaners sure are fucking dumb and love to get screwed over.

Attached: 1541538596845.gif (245x245, 969K)

I've driven all over Cali and I see CalTrans all over the freeways.

You guys just spout platitude bullshit.

Hard at work adding private toll lanes. :)

>they bought the we are using it on the roads plan
Enjoy giving your "government"more cocaine money.

Attached: notmashufeet.jpg (2048x1536, 230K)

You don't pay tax for a road you stupid fuck you money goes into a big pot which has holes for every shit the state has to pay. Some are bigger some are smaller. Good luck maintaining roads and infrastructure with your share of 1$ per 100$ tax

You're a fucking idiot what part of they can raise the gas tax without telling or getting approval from the population do you not understand? None of the money from the gas tax goes into infrastructure at all.

lol the only people working on freeways are the litter pickup crews comprised of drunk drivers doing community service.
On those rare occasions I see CalTrans, they are usually working on the exact same stretch of road for months or years (Richmond Bridge is a fine example).
This state does nothing but totally mismanage the billions of dollars in funds it already collects.

> paying higher taxes than other states and still managing TO HAVE shitty roads. Are you a stupid fuck

I understand it just fine. What you don't understand is what a republic is. This isn't a direct democracy. The voters said fuck you to the idea of restricting these kinds of issues to referendum. It's too restrictive.

I don't trust bitch ass idiot voters like yourself to make sound decisions because you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You've just been swallowing blue pill idealism on Jow Forums about:
>taxes bad!!! me no like taxes!!!
Without some concept of how infrastructure is paid for and what happens when you don't fund it. I'll err on the side of infrastructure because it has multiplying effects on the economy. Crumbling infrastructure leads to other incurred costs.

Bullshit. Majority of the taxes collected come from income tax. You keep making up vague crap saying that the taxes will go to maintenance but fucking where? Alot of streets are still in maintenance for many months, cracked, and just dirt ditches that are used as side walks. That could also raise public transport prices. For fuck sakes, learn how bad it really is.

We’re gonna be paying close to79¢ per gallon in taxes starting next year you fucking retard. Most people commute at least 30 mins to work.

Attached: 0E7E13E6-57C7-43A0-963E-47432BCC0F28.jpg (1242x1279, 356K)

Stupid son of a bitch, you haven't bothered making a proper case whether raising the gas price will do jack shit for the infrastructure of roads. You haven't even established burden of proof whether that money gained from the gas taxes rising will do that.

>paying higher rates
Of course. We have the largest economy, largest population. It's complicated mate. You gotta pay for it.

I'm sure Nebraska has like 2 people driving on their brand new road we bought them a year. It's different here in California. Our roads are used and abused.

Anecdotal evidence and you don't know jack shit about "most roads". It's impossible for you to without some kind of data to back it up.

You just pull bullshit out of your ass.

ikr, the last major statewide roadwork project was that retarded bumpy-surface that was installed over every single sidewalk corner some years ago (although this was a federal thing). Literally the most useless and annoying "improvement" ever devised.

Yeah, I'm sure that money will go towards the infrastructure despite no established evidence of our current gas taxes even going towards that.

>Califaggots and other liberals spend years mocking libertarians and ancaps with MUH ROADS
>tax each other out the asshole
>still have shitty roads
This is the smuggest I can get. Keep trusting the government to spend the money they stole from you wisely, Cuckifornians. You can trust the government, right?

Attached: 1393815396597.png (588x720, 304K)

Look in orange county on the road to fullerton. That fucking street has been in construction for MONTHS.

>anecdotal evidence
>bu-but orange coun...
Dude don't fucking vote. Wait til you grow up a bit.

Califag here, this is it. I used to drive 120 miles round trip per day and the freeway to LA from San Diego has some of the worst patches of road to drive on both because of the road and retardation of other drivers. I’ve seen more caltrans working on adding a singular new “fast track” lane than I’ve seen in my town, gas is $4.00, and the roads I drive to go fuck stupid self centered cali thots make me cum too early with all the vibration. It’s complete and utter baloney

Dude, it's literally there near a cvs pharmacy and best buy.

>no evidence
I see them working on roads all the time driving up and down the freeways. Some of the more congested cities need more work in the smaller roads and I notice fancier areas get the good treatment first. Cutting taxes doesn't make the situation better though.

>no evidence
I fucking hate right wingers. From Trump, to Fox, to the meme faggots here; you guys just pull bullshit out of your ass.

You are the reason this state is a shithole, what part of government can tax us without getting our ok when they jack the price up do you not understand? This is anti American, I'm ok with taxes, what I'm not ok with is misusing the tax and abusing our citizens, have some fucking decency too, not everyone can afford to pay $800 to register their car and to pay up the ass for gas, you're part of the problem here.

Learn what anecdote means. Try to understand how offering an anecdote doesn't make a compelling argument.

I have a road down the street that was recently repaved. You see how this works. We can just counter with examples all day but it's only one data point.

Also, you don't even bother having your own evidence whether themoney will go towards the infrastructure. So why should we bother to believe what you say?

Look into SB1, that already allocated billions for road repairs in the state.

>"muh roads"
the roads will still be shit.

I drive an HEV and have spent

> anecdotal evidence
> does the same shit right here
Hypocrite.

I voted No KEK

leave already poorfag

But I did vote to repeal it.

And you've done the same anecdote. Good job.

user is right, though. I live in OC and other than some areas in South County, the roads are fucking atrocious. Nobody maintains California. Whatever taxes are being collected are not being spent on improving road conditions. The 5 is mostly a mess and only gets worse once you get LA County (like literally the road becomes worse the second you leave Orange County.) California's inept bureaucrats have no idea how to actually spend the money given to them.

Why don’t you demand the state to come up with creative solutions to fix roads? You do know that since the gas tax was put into place, it’s only collected less and less revenue over time, despite the fact they constantly increase the gas tax. Why? That’s because vehicles keep increasing in efficiency, more fuel efficiency = less gas tax revenue. It seems like you’re totally fine with leadership that doesn’t search permanent solutions.

Right so why was California getting audited to check if it actually was using the money and then found it wasn't using the gas tax for jackshit so repeal the gas tax was established? You're a fucking retard.

No, you’re the problem. You don’t understand how a representative democracy works, and all you’re doing now is embarrassing yourself.

Holy shit faggot literally drive ANY fucking road in this god damn state and tell me high taxes on gas is gonna fix anything. I bet your neet faggot ass doesn’t even have a license. Fuck off.