Help me Understand this Jow Forums

>Dems gets House
>Republicans gets the senate
Based on what I observed, The House and Senate is usually the opposite party of the incumbent president. If that is so, wouldn't this be a victory for the republicans? I keep seeing all these Blue wave things but I don't see it happening. is the lower house of the US same as the one over here? Please help me understand the US midterms

Attached: Elec results.jpg (1487x879, 210K)

This is a victory for Republicans because Trump GAINED seats in the senate that he didn't previously have. The house is a victory for us as well (kind of) because the loss there isn't nearly as bad as Dems want it to be, it's literally just a 20 seat difference.

When the elections for midterms happened for Obama and Clinton etc, it was a 60-80 seat difference. The dems this time were acting like they would get that amount of seats, but they only got 20.

This is a massive fucking victory for us. We have made them look like idiots, and we have gained seats in the senate.

Only problem now is just the stupid ass house trying to bump away Trump's legislation and him having to use executive orders like Obummer did.

thanks for clarifying

Remember , trump can still use a combination of executive orders, and the Supreme Court to move his agenda along.

Such as with birthright citizenship, he knows his EO will be challenged, the Supreme Court then rules only citizens can pass on citizenship, which was the original intent of the 14th amendment, it just added the freed blacks as citizens.

The way we know they didn’t mean everyone born in the US territory was that Native Americans weren’t included and needed a bill from congress to grant them citizenship.

There’s also precedent to revoke citizenship granted illegally retroactively, so assuming the Supreme Court rules correctly, all the anchor babies would NOT be citizens, which would probably flip many states back red, or atleast purple.

This will be what really defines Trump’s presidency, if he ends birthright citizenship, there’s actually hope, if not, it’s totally done, enjoy you first world living standards while they last.

Attached: 1A9FCAD7-438F-4DDD-9E34-E730538E509A.jpg (800x450, 74K)

What he’s not telling you is that only a third of senate seats were up for re-election this time around, and they were almost all competitive democratic-held seats. The red seats that were up we’re pretty safe. In 2020 it will be reversed.

I also believe a lot of state's went red in terms of their governors

>literally just a 20 seat difference
oof

I would just like to clarify as well that because of the Dems using the House to stop legitimate legislation it hands us a win in 2020 on a silver platter.

>There’s also precedent to revoke citizenship granted illegally retroactively, so assuming the Supreme Court rules correctly, all the anchor babies would NOT be citizens, which would probably flip many states back red, or atleast purple.
The shitstorm this would cause would be astronomical and would almost certainly spark civil war and international condemnation, but you are right, this would literally fucking fix America overnight. I think it's much more likely that birthright citizenship will likely be brought to an end, but making it apply retroactively will unfortunately probably not happen.

You're right, the "blue wave" didn't happen.

Almost always one party majorities in DC are swept away the next midterm.

Obama lost 65 House seats and 7 Senate seats in 2010 when there was a red wave against his Presidency and passage of ACA which was hugely unpopular.

In fact every modern President loses Congress.

We have not had a split Congress since 1984 apparently so Trump once again is defying the odds.

Them having the house actually barely matters. They mostly just work on budgets and economic legislation, and Trump’s administration already got all of it through. They can’t even undo it because they lost the senate race. Anything they push through that the Republicans don’t like just will get instantly cucked by the senate

It's a 'victory' in that trump can do whatever the fuck he wants in terms of judges but expect obama era gridlock because this congress would probably die before passing legislation.

This as well. GOP had huge exposure in the House map this year. Dems had huge exposure in the Senate this year.

Considering our House exposure and the national environment of D +8 we should have lost many more House seats.

Also, there’s an overarching story here. The dems won the popular vote, as they always seem to. For nearly 20 years the major republican victories have almost all been a result of clever Jewish tricks. In a straight fight, the ‘pubs are fucked. Credit to them for finding a way and forwarding the 1488 agenda in the face of demographic doom but...that nigger cock comes for us all. We’ll eventually have to retreat and wait for the muds to murder each other, and then we’ll come back

>Trump’s administration already got all of it through
oof

Is the House going to be equally divided between Republicans and Democrats?

Dems were never getting the senate. Most of the seats that were up this year were Dem seats.

They can't do jack shit with just the House besides screech, investigate, and write up "poison" legislation designed to make Republicans look bad by not passing it.

They could also parade all of the campaign and prior admin staff on national TV for testimony, like Trump's son, for "much Russia"

Or they can try and make a handful of hotels and golf courses a grave national security threat somehow.

This too.
Trump has set himself up pretty well for the 2020 election with tonight.

Seems that way.
I just hope we don't have these damn "EBIN WOMAN FREEDOM FIGHTER XD" idiots in there (oh who am I kidding we will).

LAME

DUCK

WALL

NOW

Yes the Republicans outperformed expectations by a lot

Overall a win, they could have done better of course, but the Democrats are crying on Twitter right now which means you know we did very good

Attached: 1541562285030.jpg (1536x1441, 306K)

it's not a perfect system, and the loss of House is a big loss. Don't let anyone tell you different.
However the largest part is securing Trump's ability to use his powers via the Senate.
Now specifically for the house...
It's a lot easier to bribe 20 people than it is to bribe 60 people.
It was a loss, but the odds are a little better than past presidents to still get shit done.

trump looses roughly 30 seats

billy clinton lost 50 seats. obama, 60. we indeed won

>There’s also precedent to revoke citizenship granted illegally retroactively, so assuming the Supreme Court rules correctly, all the anchor babies would NOT be citizens, which would probably flip many states back red, or atleast purple.

I don't think the SC is brave enough to do that. Christ, a few years ago they wouldn't even rule on a case about gun control because it was too hot.

Yep, we can see exactly where we need to devote resources and where Trump will need to campaign and gear up.

It was obviously a mistake now not to campaign directly many in these toss up House districts. Many of these House seats are just barely Dem, within 1 point or less.

Almost the same number that Reagan lost in his midterm

TRUMP IS REAGAN

While not completely decisive, It's still absolutely a victory for republicans. We've been fed this "blue wave" bullshit for the last ten months, and all we got was a blue trickle met by a red wall.

>"The House and Senate is usually the opposite party of the incumbent president"
I'll just add that Senate terms last 6 years, while House terms only last 2 years, so every House seat is up for re-election every midterm while the same is not true for Senate seats. This can create electoral conditions that cause one party to control the House and the other party to control the Senate.

In my lifetime high turnout has always benefited Democratgs

Low turnout has always benefited Republicans

I forget it was that much, at the time Dems downplayed how much they lost in congress during Obama's first term.

"This is no blue wave" - Jake Tapper, Collapsing News Network (CNN)

"every House seat is up for re-election every midterm"
I meant to say that every House seat is up for re-election every election. Every two years.

Based white women chose to ruin everything because they were told they can't accuse a man of rape

This country is finished, in case you didn't already realize it. The talking holes are literally insane.

>when you're a liberal retard

Ginsburg is gonna die, we're going to replace her with ease.

It’s hard to tell what the genuine reaction will be. We know soros would start funding televised suicide parties and the media would be awash with the odd Mexican woman who drowned her 10 kids in the bath, but one of the worrying things about our time is that it almost impossible to know what people genuinely think outside the media narrative

Its not really a win for anyone.

We've been in a cycle for a while where a party who has control of the executive and both houses only keeps that majority for about one election cycle. Obama, Bush and Clinton all had majorities in both houses and it only lasted one election cycle. It may even go back further than that, I'm not sure.

So this wasn't unexpected. People give one party a mandate and when they don't fix everything things swing back the other way impulsively.

If anything the Dems were expecting much more of a swing their way. They lost governor seats and they lost senate seats and they picked up a narrow margin in the house. That's not a big win, particularly considering how hard they pushed and how much they spent.

Attached: Two Party System.jpg (900x691, 160K)

Attached: 1519385338204.png (1334x1436, 232K)

I mean, I find it hard to envision a scenario where revoking the citizenship of ~10% of the population _wouldn't_ result in immediate civil war. The beans would almost certainly revolt, as would their shitlib allies (it would literally be erasing the only way they're able to win elections ever again), gutless conservacucks, and a lot of other retards inbetween, and they'd probably be backed by a lot of the international community. It also depends on how far it would apply retroactively, i.e. if the children of anchor babies would have their citizenship revoked as well. One would assume that's how it would work if it applied retroactively at all.

I want it to happen nonetheless and it's really the one singular thing that can fix America, but it is akin to a nuclear bomb going off.

Man, their hippy movement and the degeneracy that era brought with it surely had a lot to do with all the blue control.

WHITE WOMEN SAVED CRUZ IN TX

Not all of them are crazy.

The cold Civil War has already started

Friend, this is one of the smallest midterm swings in recent memory. Midterms are never kind to presidents, this is a pretty big failure on the part of the Dems who expected a BLUE WAVE early on, even if it is a loss in power for Republicans. Lurk more

The Trump administration technically came out ahead when you look at historical trends (this is a HUGE black eye against Democrats because not only did Trump avoid historic losses that'd leave a legacy of humiliation, he made nearly historic GAINS), and the Republican deficit in the House isn't insurmountable in winning over some more centrist Democrats in the future, but I don't think anyone on either side of the fence is really coming out of this one completely satisfied. Both parties REALLY wanted to hold both the House and Senate. Winning a House majority is all but a lost cause for Republicans now, yet they keep gaining more and more declared Senate seats that are great (don't get me wrong) but not really what they need out of this midterm.

House flips in year 2 and Senate flips in year 6 is the norm.

this

Right here. I hate to use the played out 4d ChEsS shit but it is. Give (I know it wasn't "given") them enough to hang themselves with. The Dems will likely do outrageously stupid shit with their smol bit of power, and it will probably backfire like everything else has so far. I just cannot see the Dims suddenly becoming the bastions of common sense and stoicism in the House after 2 years of losing their collective minds.

Reminder only five times in over a century where the President managed to gain seats in the first Midterms of his Presidency
This is actually pretty fucking successful, the Dem majority is too slim to damage him and he has Senate Majority which means absolutely no chance of impeachment and continued Judge approvals

Attached: 43262439876874329.jpg (500x297, 13K)

the thing that makes my skin crawl is fucking muslims, FUCKING MUSLIMS in the united states government

no offense europoors but that is beyond niggerdom, that is the end of everything as far as I'm concerned

who the actual living fuck is voting for a muslim on purpose, I can at least understand the kike votes, because kikes are so good at pretending to be white

I can't imagine being this delusional. Dems getting the House means no wall, no legislation to fix immigration, Dems can block a lot of shit now

Fuck hippies, man. I'm even an avid degenerate drug user and I can't stand hippies. Such pieces of shit. Ruined and set back so much actual progress in the name of "Liberation and Freedom, man."

Liberals..? You know, the ones who champion those fuckin savages as a religion of peace, unironically. Whose women (or at least 1 woman) openly supports Sharia Law. That actually want re-education gulags. Those people.

>meme flag
>can't read

shocker

They were already blocking with the threat of a filibuster in the Senate. They are perfectly happy to obstruct everything until they have a super majority again.

that's retarded
Trump will win because of the soaring economy and people naturally leaning to reelecting the same guy if things don't go to shit
not because of the house being obstructionist
that doesn't even make sense

Actually captain dipshit, we also kicked out a lot of never-trumper 'republicans' and replaced them with far more better fits for Trump.
And, a lot of the democrates in the House now are hardly even blue. It's like one user put it, they're mostly just Blue Trumps.
It literally is not a big deal at all. This is a massive win for us. We pretty much have set up Trump doing an Obama 2 and getting re-elected.

>use executive orders
fine with me

Attached: 65457.gif (560x646, 1.84M)

If this works like my country, having the opposition trying to work against the current government because they have more seats only gives the ruling party more votes in the next election.

>The dems this time were acting like they would get that amount of seats, but they only got 20.
You’re either a delusional faggot or a paid sharered shill. Literally every left leaning media pundit was saying it was going to be 20, 30 at best.

id like to see a graph that shows how close most races were

Only on Jow Forums does anyone represent loss of control of the legislative branch of government, as success.

Bottom line, Republicans are so horrified of failure that they can't even acknowledge reality as it is.

The reality is this. Republicans can no longer propose or pass laws without Democratic help. Trump can be investigated and subpoenaed by Congress. Trump's pet projects, such as that stupid fucking wall, will now be defunded. And all of the worst things Trump could do -- including imposing martial law or declaring war -- are now constitutionally out of his power.

>20
28 and counting.

It's still a failure, but it's not that big of a failure. Definitely not the type of failure the Dems were hoping for.
This is a catastrophic failure for the Democrates actually in the grand scheme of things.
Do you not fucking understand how much MONEY they put into this shit? And then they only got this far?

>projected loss by 100
>lose by only 15

its still a loss but a surprisingly irrelevant one.

You may be right but it's hard to take any memeflag seriously, specially those that use retarded or trolling flags.

>This is a catastrophic failure for the Democrates actually in the grand scheme of things.
Wow I really believe you, you’re so crazy convincing

You're going to see whatever skeletons are in Trump's tax returns within two years, and you'll have the House to thank for that. And, the results of the Mueller investigation will be made fully public. Those two things together should put your Cheeto Hitler out of office.

man i want to blow your fucking brains out with my firearm

Obama Hussien shipped these fucking Somalis etc all over the country in the dead of the night. They live in there Muslim conclaves and vote for their own.

The enemy within.

In Minnesota, Keith "The Woman Beater" Ellison, US Representative and DNC vice chair, ran for Attorney General and won.

The muzzie bitch took his former seat. Held a victory celebration, ZERO US flags but, ah yes, the false flag of Palestine was prominently displayed.

Fuck them all.

Correct me if I am wrong, but 6 years has passed and it didn't flip?

Come visit me, sweetheart, and bring your fucking firearm, you cocklicking illiterate piece of shit.

>I keep seeing all these Blue wave things
They're the party of delusion.
They'd have found anything to grab ahold of, like a drowning man looking for purchase on whatever is around him, even if they had lost even harder than they did tonight.

She hates Israel and jews, so at least there's a positive.

also I would like to add that republicans are projected to hold at least 200 seats, isn't that something not seen often?

>that swing from 2008 to 2010
wtf? Obunga was that bad in the first 2 years?

>Dems win
>t-they lost so hard
>party of delusion
Lmao

Of the presidency

But Dems didn't win, winning would be getting Beto in Texas, winning the Senate, and getting over 40 seats in the house, but they didn't and they are all celebrating like this incredibly close race was some enormous victory for them.

Yeah, it would have been nice if the Republicans got complete victory. But this isn't a great victory.

New era, we need to be strong and work hard or we are doomed to mirror Europe.

>can literally stonewall Trump legislation and open up more investigations into his campaign and tax returns bc they have house majority
i-it’s not a win

And it's easier to bribe 20 House Democrats in swing districts than one turncoat Senator.

>including imposing martial law or declaring war
Who fucking cares? Hillary is the only one who would actually want to use those rights.
Trump is many things, but he's not an actual warmonger.

You do know that in order to have scored a proper "win", they needed supermajority, right?
Say congress wants to pass something, it goes through on majority, president can then veto. To override the veto, they need 2/3rds of the votes.

Nothing is going to change, so enjoy your "win".

If all your hopes hinge on tax returns and muh Russia, then you fags are in deep trouble.

36 MILLION early voting ballots. No ID required. Do the math. Democrats won this election unfairly.

But Dems didn't win, winning would be getting two-thirds of the House, three-quarters of the Senate, and a blowjob from Jenny McCarthy.

I am really, really, really enjoying all the wiggling and false equivalence you poor bastards are doing to try to ascribe some aspect of winning, to losing control over the legislative process in the United States. Please, keep it up.

Undoubtedly, but with such unfair tactics to get such minimal gains is quite a let down is it not?

If the tax returns corroborate the NYT investigation’s findings he’s fucked.

>loss of control of the legislative branch
have you ever heard of the senate you dingus?

fucking DUMMY

They couldn't even pass shit without ((republicans)) turning coat

If Republicans win: AMURICA FUCK YEAH
If Democrats win: FAKE VOTERS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATES FALSE FLAG RECOUNT NOTHING IS OVER

This lol. Barely anything Trump has tried to put through has passed even with house majority.

oh I didn't say anything about Dems controlling Congress, all I said is that you lost control, and you can't even acknowledge that that has occurred yet. The butthurt is slow and will take some time to leave the denial phase, and settle into anger and then bargaining.

people voted for change and they ended up getting more of the same. one of the biggest things people wanted was to pull out of the middle east, which obviously didn't happen, and there was also a major economic crash so things were pretty shit.

The opposition gets energized after a loss and the other side gets lazy.

if he gives amnesty like Reagan I'll shoot the cunt my self

>mfw American are so cucked that they consider racist to show an ID card before voting
Lmao hahahahah and we are even supposed to take you seriously aahahahah

Well, since the House fell, there are few questions you burgers need to explain:
Do Demorats have anything else to fight with against Trump other than not to co-operate with bills in the House?
Isn't House somewhat useless now if Trump can use executives with help of Senate?
How likely is it that Dems can be bought out in the House than reps be bought out in Senate?

>I keep seeing all these Blue wave things but I don't see it happening.
Its trolling m8. The shitlibs and autistic shitposters just want salt. They only come here for /salt/. They don't care about facts or ideology, they were going to farm salt no matter what happened tonight. Even if dems kept the house by 1 seat, they were going to scream "DRUMPF" and try to take victory laps. Its all they have right now.

Attached: qa btfo 8 concentrated butthurt edition.png (1538x289, 181K)

Fuck off Italy, didn't you surrender to our government a few decades ago? Armistice of Cassabile sound familiar?