Can't the republicans still pick up/retain a bunch of seats?

can't the republicans still pick up/retain a bunch of seats?

Attached: bernie can still win.png (655x591, 25K)

193 + 23 = 216
219 > 216
You lost

Don't matter. Swing big dick in Senate. Today good day.

>219> 216
we lost but you definitely didn't win

Attached: pepe hiding from apu.png (1267x785, 99K)

We won the house. Republicans are still in charge, obviously, but we can now stone-wall.

>Executive orders you
huh nothimg peronsl ;)

>but we can now stone-wall
Go ahead. It will just make you look like children throwing a tantrum.

Congrats, you just handed Trump the greatest scapegoat of all. Your crazy radicalized base will cause you representatives to do some wackjob shit for the next two years, and you’ll see what radical leftism played front and center on the stage of the political arena does to your party.

You’ve purity spiraled yourself into a hell of a pickle.

What is the House good for if Trump can exo you and all of the smearing propaganda has been used already during the last presidential election?

You mean like how Republican control under Obama led to Clinton getting elected

Yeah fucking great you anti-American sack of shit. Get fucking bent, I don't know why the fuck people'd vote against their own country.

Jobs not Mobs is there. The moment any democrat shit happens it will come up again.

If you stone-wall Trump has people to blame and it makes you look like shit.

>projecting this hard

No, because the republicans were not wackjobs. Aside from Garland, they really didn’t do anything that crazy.

There is being a stonewall, and there is telling your constituents to harrass people and have unsubstantiated David Icke conspiracy theories about the president.

Also Donald Trump of 2016 is a lot better than whatever poor sap you drum up for 2020.

Except you and tards like you consolidated policy-making power in the agencies and the courts, and will now reap what you sowed. Congress has almost zero short term influence on policy, because it passes a bill that outlines 10% of a policy that the relevant agency then fills out with the remaining 90% of content, which is also subject to change

This. looking at the map, it's mostly red districts that are left so the Democrat's victory in the House is a Pyhrric victory, as they lost the Senate by a wide margin and they don't have the majority of governorships, even after turning 5 governor seats from red to blue.

Cry harder :^)

Attached: maga cancelled.png (500x332, 75K)

We still get to appoint more judges, a convenient scapegoat for 2020 and control of the most powerful legislative branch and most governorships. I don't know why you are so smug when your party definitely lost the more important battles, but won the less important ones.

Helpless Drumpfkin rage on full display.

Attached: 1310671996285.jpg (297x275, 10K)

would you like to elaborate on this ?

That doesn't answer the question thou.

Pelosi and Waters are gonna be the punching bags of Republican ads for the next two years- especially if their base keeps disgracing themselves

lmao, lose what? the house means nothing, enjoy being the scapegoat for the next 2 years. oh btw, it takes the senate to even slightly move on the president, so again, lots of luck pissy fuck face

see

I got a better than expected situation. I know you have to capitalize on your first chance to saltmine in years but, just know, I genuinely look forward to the next two years.

Just enough rope to hang yourselves. Do you trust your party that much? The one with no electable candidate in sight?

Don't forget this senate map was heavily favouring Republicans and they didn't pick up as much as they can.
Healthcare and immigration won't be on the table anymore but I can see trump making a bipartisan infrastructure bill and get trump style republicans to vote with the dems in the senate

reee barely in control of the weaker body is not winning, moron lol

>no electable candidate
t. a Republican

You can not stonewall with less than a dozen seat majority. Are you stupid? Do you know what 'stone walling' even means, you fucking inbred retard?

>WE'RE STONEWALLIN U
>Convinces two seats (it's usually eight) to go with Republicans on this one
>NO IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A BLUE WAVE RESIST IMPEACH BRUMCHFPFFFFF

We have Donald Trump. Please tell me you are making THAT mistake again, because if you do, he’s already won.

Isnt it amazing how the conservatives sound exactly the same and use the same insult throughout history. Not only them but neo-nazis etc. their discourse didnt change in 50 years.

>They didn't pick up as much as they can
The Repubs pretty much won most of all the contested races in the Senate, minus Nevada (which honestly I didn't really expect them to win )

Trump may now make this blue House look like the bad guys if he plays his cards right.

We like to be consistent.

Trump won because people underestimated him?

Who the fuck cares, though? This isn't about Party Politics. This is about fixing America from the gibsmedat generation.

america in 50s isnt america in 2010s.

Good. I rather have a party that hasn't changed in 50 years than whatever the fuck the Democrats have become right now.

shhh keep letting them believe they won something. Its just going to blow up in their faces.

Tjaa, if Dems really hope to let Trump supporters' steam to wear out in time and turn on him, it's unlikely really. People see through this shit quite easily.
I doubt it desu, the real question will be how much will the neo-con section of Dems' support for Trump favouring bills cost. Dont' Dems have to play heavily defensive in the next rounds of the House elections?

Too bad most Republicans are center left you baste commie faggot

We already won.

For now. Let’s see how long ol’ rbg lasts

But now you have younger generations who are all about gibsmedat

If it does, in fact, end up being a 3 person majority then it's better than I initially thought. I fully expected the Dems to take the House (was hoping not, of course) but was anticipating a bigger margin. There are a few Dems that are in deeply purple states that don't dare go too far wack-job left so it's really just going to amount to two tiresome years of ineffectual screeching and crying while the admin and senate pack the courts and other things get done with Obama's favorite governing tool, EOs. The states came out great, better than I hoped actually.

>most Republicans are center left
Based and retardpilled

unironically true. The modern republican would be seen as a radical leftist for much of the history of the nation.

50 and the VP-59 are all the same advantage in the Senate unless you're passing fringe shit, which won't fucking happen with a Dem house they have to work with

Meanwhile the house is all simple majority everything which means Dems flipping that shit fucks every single Republican committee there and shuts down the flow of legislation there.

The House is about to go from all legislation no oversight to all oversight no legislation.

What are the chances that the Dems got exactly the number (plus 1) of seats necessary to pass bills in a simple majority?

Attached: t5.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

depends on how much the price of neo-con Dems' representative support is
:^)§

There is a 30+ majority in the House with a strong subset of them being justice Democrat.
Also dems that voted for Kavanaugh got punished so the line is pretty much that it's suicide to vote on trumpian issues

its 23 seats atm, but hey keep grasping on straws :)

Haven't you been stonewalling for 2 years already? With 99% deranged & partisan media, and 40 years of academic brainwash.
Your wall is leaky, Trump still got stuff done.
Can the geriatric-led resist people keep it up for another 6 years?

>30+
It's like 194 to 219 now, and of the remaining 13 races 13 are favoring red and 8 blue. It'll probably be a 21-23 Dem majority in the House

>Your wall is leaky, Trump still got stuff done.
Better a leaky wall than no wall

Thou how solid is the Dems' internal discipline?
How likely are they cracking under public pressure (or be bought for that matter) to pass a bill that favours Trump?
Or do they just count on overall majority support, sit quiet for next when not neede for the next two years and throw sticks into Trump's gears when required?

Ah, so about what I was expecting. Not sure how that's "grasping at straws" but okay. You people do realize that very few people actually expected the Reps to hold the House, right?

Probably the latter, although an infrastructure bill could be easily passed regardless (depending on what's in it) and that does help his reelection chances in 2020 since it's not the Republicans stonewalling him, it's the Democrats in the House. Plus Nancy Pelosi had a habit of saying dumb shit along with Maxine Waters. They're pretty much bad PR for the Dems in the long term. I think that's even why some of the more progressive Democrats have started to want new blood in the legislature: they know this and they know the Republicans will use it to their advantage.

They can but the Dems have a majority, so what it'll come down to is you actually have to work with Dems to get anything passed , then through the senate, and onto Trump's desk. It just means more compromises on things like healthcare bills and tax bills and budgets rather than one party being able to push things through with almost no resistance. Similarly house dems won't be able to get anything through without working with senate republicans. It'll force bipartisanship which is a good thing.

I dont think you realize how precarious of a situation you are in. Stone-Walling is not only risky (gotta whip those votes to be sure) but it makes democrats look like the obstructionists they've been. It wont help you at all, and that slim majority is the absolutely worst target you could have on your back with a strong Republican everything else.

drumpf literally passed absolutely nothing in the first two years with control of both houses

america is going to divide into city states or some shit at this rate

Good. The chance to fix this country peacefully ended years ago. The only option left is violence.

You promise?

They steamrolled through an irresponsible tax cut act that added hundreds of billions to our deficit (no morons, social security and medicare are not the drivers of our deficit, they're paid for by taxes that do NOT go to the general fund, if you cut all benefits from social security, you would not shrink the deficit, you'd just have to give back all payroll taxes... end result? Deficit is the same. The last time we had to pay ANY money from the general fund into social security was in 2012 because there was a temporary 2% drop on payroll taxes for employers. Once that ended Social security was paid for by Payroll Taxes, Interest on the trust fund, and taxes on benefits entirely again)

>18 months of Nancy Pelosi front and center
She is to Dems what Dems wish Trump was to the GOP.

the spending bill was just another one of those things you just have to pass, but in terms of stuff Trump ran on no real laws were even passed, it's honesty a pretty pathetic presidency other than the economy when you think about it I guess you can blame the cuckservatives on that, I don't think Trump even managed to kick the trannies out of the military yet

clown world

Hi, Chris Wallace’s parrot.

No, by now the only votes are truck loads of (((missed))) ballots 70/30 in favor of dems.

The Tax cuts are the greatest "victory" Trump has had, to his supporters . But tax cuts that deep especially on corporate taxes result in massive deficits for short term economic gains, it WILL drive us into another recession around 2022 or 2023.

Hopefully if Trump bags 2020 along with Congress he can go for entitlement reform. Tax cuts are important, even if they're corporate, so businesses come back and can grow here- more strong businesses, more they need to compete for labor AND will be incentivized to invest in employee training. But our spending is so fucking pants on head retarded. It's gotta be cut.

gubmint debt doesn't matter as long as the petrodollar remains supreme, deficits are kind of a meme

the next big economic crash will probably revolve around kids not being able to service their student loans I wonder how will play that it would be kewl if he ran on debt forgiveness of some sort but it's obvious he's not a true populist he's wholly controlled by the jews and their banks

lol the coping is real

No. There's no more seats moron. We lost.

this is pretty much true, and I've been a supporter of his.

>entitlement reform
no user you've just proved you are the one who is pants on head retarded.by not reading what I posted before.

Social Security and Medicare are not "entitlements" they are insurance policies. they are paid for by separate taxes than what goes into the general fund. If you slashed all social security and medicare benefits, just ended the programs, our deficit would remain the same, because those payroll taxes do NOT go into the general fund, and the social security trust fund does NOT go into the general fund They'd have to give you those taxes back (and your employer too) and use the rest of the trust fund to keep paying out benefits to those who are already on it. until it's dried up completely, but it would not impact our deficit at all. The driver of our increased deficits is the Trump tax cuts. Period. End of fucking story.

The media will present it as the new normal. Nothing bad will be said or will reach public opinion about Demoncrat behaviour.
Trump Failed Us.

They get the trips now.
Kek = KEK.
We've been had and they have the meme Magic now.

I meant welfare, SNAP, housing, that shit

Those are miniscule parts of our spending compared to our defense budget. Every dollar that Trump made to government agencies so far has been countered with an equivalent raise in military spending, and then he added tens of billions on top of that.

A big chunk of "welfare" is actually paid by social security, SSI and SSDI.

You have a majority of 1.
If you lose the loyalty of 1 single house rep. It's fucking over for you.
You better have a god damn good whip you liberal scum.

>you'd just have to give back all payroll taxes
And how is that different from giving an "irresponsible tax cut" to drive economic activity?

If the russians hacked the election in 2016, the chinese did in 2018.

Attached: joker.gif (150x150, 66K)

Military spending should be cut too. All spending should be lowered at a rate that isn't too fast but is still moving us toward lowering and ending the deficit. The thing is, lowering taxes doesn't necessarily equate to less tax revenue.

The best way I can explain this is with an example I learned in my college history class. Napoleon Bonaparte wanted to increase the coffers of the French state so he could militarize, and so he changed up their systems of revenue. One way they got revenue was by a tax on barrels of some product (wine or something) and the tax was at about 35%. To increase their tax revenue, he lowered this about 20%- and because the barrels were more affordable, more barrels were purchased to such an extent that they actually made more from the lower tax rate.

Lower tax (not too low) encourages spending and transactions and investments that all siphon tax revenue. Cumbersome tax leads to offshore hoarding.

This *to about 20%

Apparently real Communists aren't as scary as a bunch of Oligarchic Slavs so nobody will care.

that has never stopped them before

Medicare and Medicaid do come from the general fund and absolutely drive the deficit. Even Obongo stated so.

Small cuts to taxes stimulate economic growth to a point where you can actually generate more revenue from the increased profits, you're right. But the cuts that Trump did were so broad that that would have been impossible. For Trump's tax cuts to have resulted in a net revenue increase the economy would have to be growing at 11%, not under 4%. Tax cuts could and should have been done but they should have been smaller in scope and scale, aimed at the middle class and small businesses.

I'll agree on that

the coping is off the charts
just the the L rapeublicans, we all lose sometimes

>lost
You broke your promise, that’s not a wave, that’s a little drop of water. This won’t last forever, it never does.

you tried pajeet.

An L would be losing the house and the senate.

Losing some seats in the house is historically unavoidable.
It's not what we wanted, but it's not exactly an L either. We failed to reach total victory.

lIke.. okay so what tends to happen.. if a small business gets a tax cut, say a restaraunt owner, he's maybe got enough money to expand his business now, open a new restaraunt in a new location maybe a new city, he'll need to hire more staff, he'll need to promote some managers that make more money, etc. so that's a good thing to use those tax savings on, expanded business, creates jobs, more people paying in taxes, and so the government probably makes more taxes back than they initially lost because of that expanded business.

But when you give a tax cut to a giant corporation that is publicly traded... instead of expanding an already huge business, they opt to do stock buybacks instead in order to basically hand out free money to their stockholders through increasing the value of their stock. No jobs were created, no extra business done, just some fat cats got fatter.

>tfw live in Washington
Even if we do split I'll never leave this state, regardless of the commie block shithole it would turn into...

>stone-wall
Ummmmmm sweaty you really shouldn't use terms that have implied racist sexist bigoted connotations to them from Confederate generals k thx

How can we push this China narrative like the left used Russia?

Stock buybacks can also benefit the company itself though. It's like putting money in a savings account.

Depends on the size of the Blue Dog Coalition.

I think you are confused. The house can pass what ever the fuck they want but nothing will happen without the senate and the president.