This is not democracy

This is not democracy.

Attached: 328F2792-5CB1-4E9F-A245-AB28BA0744CF.jpg (604x305, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-past-the-post_voting
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Correct. The US is not a Democracy.

this is not good bait

Attached: hammer.gif (487x560, 898K)

>Overall popular vote
What kind of fucking moron would think that this is in any way shape or form not retarded?
Is he implying he wants the entirety of the Nation to vote for senators for states that aren’t their own?
What in the fuck.

they cryin anyway

Suck it faglord

Do they teach civics at all in school anymore?

Not a "blue wave" either apparently

Thank god we’re a republic.

Yah you’re right, democracy is the most overrated form of government, try and prove me wrong

Imagine if republicans won 56% to 44% but lost 3 seats. You autists would be going nuts, lmao. If dems keep the same margin in 2020 its over. This is during a supposed "economic boom" too.

>popular vote
LEL HOW DOES THIS WORK

Attached: 1537642104454.gif (207x207, 1.37M)

monarchy if you have the misfortune of being born french

>he came for tears
>all he got was a pelosi tshirt

>popular vote of the country elects individual senators from differing states

Um, what? Please tell me this guy is on drugs.

This

California Senate: Do I vote for D- Feinstein or D- de Leon?

Yeah, why isnt the runoff from NY and Cali winning bt 20 points each distributed to other states?

No, because there's a difference between national polls and state/local polls and only retards confuse them with each other. If anything that should be the takeaway from 2016

in small town rural schools

Cities replaced civics with "girls can have penises".

Indeed and that is how it was meant to work.

>23 dems up for election vs. 9 republicans
>"we get moar votes should have moar seats!"

We're going to reach a point where these retards declare democracy itself to be racist because people in California can't order around people in Ohio.

Literally no country elects local representatives on a nationwide ticket you retarded shill

>imagine

Democrats ran TWO Democrats in California because Littlepedes fucked over the Republican, claiming popular vote points because you hold an entire state hostage

Electoral college sounds like a good system desu, it lets rural areas actually have a voice which is great. Unlike cities where most jobs are just middlemen and paperpushers, real productivity happens in rural areas (raw resources and food all come from rural areas)

Over six million of those Democratic popular votes for the U.S. Senate came from California alone, where voters only had a choice on their ballot between Democrat A and Democrat B.

Attached: CA.png (425x275, 15K)

We're a Republic dumbass.

Are you a nigger? Because this is the most retarded shit I’ve read today.

Do democrats not understand why or do they pretend not to just for the sake of argument? Electoral college was designed for our current predicament, megacities with millions of people all dependent on their government who will all vote for who makes them even more dependment (free gibs). Not to mention they are importing third worlders by the thousands to these cities.

That is literally the point of the Senate. The founders were very explicit about that.

It isn't. We are only democratic at a local level. The entire point is to balance power between population centers and rural communities. And it's rigged in your favor considering your more populous states get more votes than smaller states. California alone has more say than 10 states. That is a problem.

Correct. It's a constitutional republic.

Democrats won more seats in the Senate last night and STILL the Russians won't let them take the Senate
fucking REEE

there were more democratic seats up for election that republican omg no fucking shit they got more votes

yeah but if it was a dem vs a repub, it would have been like 5 million to 1 million, so dems would still have a massive lead in popular vote, of course none of this matters, its the senate.

This tard fails to mention that the “””popular””” vote comes from California, where both of the senator candidates are democrats

No. Government isn’t really taught in schools anymore. It’s not something that can be put on a test. If it’s not on the test, it doesn’t get taught.

>overall popular vote for the senate
wæt?

Apparently not, as I recently discovered when my 16 year old son couldn't even tell me the three branches of government. We're busy correcting this appalling lack. The US education system is trash.

America is not supposed to be a democracy, ya fuckwit. The senate was originally appointed by the state legislatures, not popularly voted on. And anyway, it's two senators per state, and they each have to win the popular vote in their state, you know, because they represent the people of their state, not the whole goddamn country.

Fuck democracy. Democracy is the root of Marxism. I'll take empires and republics, thank you very much.

Attached: 893.jpg (680x680, 34K)

California's Republican candidate for Governor (John Cox) received over 40% of the vote and almost three million votes.

They are in favor of such systems until it works against them

Good example is UKIP in UK

Attached: uk.jpg (945x334, 45K)

Compared to multiple red states that are effectively uncontested?

The fact that the single biggest state is mostly dem is why the democrats have a disadvantage, not a justification.

"Popular vote for the senate"

Attached: 5f3.jpg (720x736, 26K)

They know their audience

that is the governor race where cali has a history of electing repubs. a repub would stand no chance in Dianne Jewstein's district. the fact that they ran 2 dems should tell you that.

They are now calling the Senate gerrymandered on reddit.

These people aren't people.

FUCK DEMOCRACY
FASCISM NOW

Attached: 1540838068119.jpg (601x960, 49K)

>aggregating the vote totals of multiple separate elections
How are these people not embarrassed as fuck at their own stupidity??

Yes its a Republic

It's crazy how quickly things eroded in this country. I knew the names of civil war generals when I was seven. There are college age adults walking around who can't even name five state capitals.

This is anudda shoah
>We need more illegal aliens to vote for DumbRaabiCrats

No, because we paid attention during 9th grade civics and 2nd grade math.

You don't get points for illegals you fucking beaner scum. Now fuck off and die.

They ran 2 dems because the reps didn't unite around a candidate and split the vote with a half dozen candidates you soulless NPC retard.

>overall popular vote of the Senate

Attached: 1541061555586.gif (421x437, 3M)

If congress was made to be representative of the population's vote, it would still be a republic. A Republic is just a system where people elect representatives.

>you soulless NPC retard
rude. I really don't give a shit if you're right. this conversation doesn't matter because popular vote does not matter in this case, but I suppose it needs to be had anyway to attempt to debate retard dems who bring it up.

> t. what is a constitutional republic?
Fuck off diet-krautfag

It's called checks and balances you retard

Every time I see one of these un-american shits agitating about the Senate being "un-democratic" because popular vote doesn't correspond to senate seats while purposefully never acknowledging that the Senate was designed to work that way from the getgo, I get filled with the urge to hang them for sedition.

And that's a good thing

SAGE JEWS ARE FREAKING OUT ON /POL

No shit. And thank god it isn’t, can you imagine a worse way to decide upon laws than a dictatorship of retards?

I thought when they said this shit it was about House elections. Saying this shit about the Senate is beyond retarded.

"Popular vote" isn't a thing for congress, funniest thing ever. Civic anyone?

>Senate
>Popular vote
Nigger what?

Why didn't Republicans run a Senate candidate in California?

Who do you think she voted for?

where dragging you people to prosperity

lmao cry more faggot

not our fault lefties like to lump themselves together in the same echo chamber states

>-b-b-but muh popular vote
Lmao jesus guys, you won the house, fucking lighten up a bit.

literally couldn't, dems have some retarded bullshit where they can deny repubs from even competing there

I'm more wondering why there were like 20 other dem seats in the house that were uncontested entirely, same deal as with the senate seat?

>This is not democracy.
Thank God we have a republic.
Fuck democracy.

Based. Let California decide for all other irrelevant states. The (((federation))) should be abolished.

Welcome to Federalism you dumb faggot.

In California's retarded system the top two candidates in the primaries make the ticket regardless of party affiliation. Since it is Commiefornia the top two vote getters are almost always Democrats. Essentially the game is rigged from the start. you will never see a Republican Senator in California.

Yea I saw all those 0%'s and decided it was time to go to sleep because this aint getting fixed without bloodshed

The Senate is undemocratic by design you double nigger. Hell, we didn't even used to vote for our senators; they were selected by our state legislatures.

Popular vote in the Senate

Lol.

>Hurr Durr California and New York should determine who the senators are for North Dakota and Florida

Jesus fucking Christ these fuckers seriously want an authoritarian government and think they're the heralds of democracy.

>Dianne Jewstein's district
Senate races don't have districts; they're state-wide.

The electoral college doesn't have anything to do with this situation. The retard in the OP is complaining that surplus votes in one state don't count towards their party in other states, but there are no electors being selected here: the only thing that matters is the popular vote within each state, not nationally.

Depends on the state and individual school. I was actually in a high school civics class during the 2016 election. Fun times.

>the Connecticut Compromise was gerrymandering
lmao why even have states by their logic

>muh popular vote!
>AGAIN
Christ these fuckers can't take a win

Go one step further user: democracy isn’t even a form of government but a decision making process. Prove me wrong

They're fucking children, that's why. They remind me of the fucking little brat screaming that he got a candy bar but not the toy too.

They're basically Dudley Dursley.

"B-but last time there were 37!"

Attached: 1530737345947.jpg (500x500, 132K)

No we wouldn't, we know how elections work.

Explain, what happened there?

These. Commiefornians could only vote for demonrats. This means they got 100% of the vote in a state where an election for the popular vote would give them only say 60%-70%. This shows that the sum of demonrat voters vs the sum of republican voters in the senate election simply cannot be equated with how an election for the popular vote would look like.

(Also you can't really blame Patrick for the demonrat vs demonrat election. About 4-5 republicans got more votes than him, the GOP as a whole was way to divided between candidates.)

>Imagine if republicans won 56% to 44% but lost 3 seats. You autists would be going nuts
No we wouldn't you stupid cunt. Stop projecting your infantile behavior on others.

Fucking idiot

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-past-the-post_voting

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015

Gerrymandering

>Trump is a populist conman!
>Popular votes matter!

Pick one.

>If dems keep the same margin in 2020 its over

What does this even mean?

Attached: 1539635954280.gif (150x150, 1.07M)

>imagine if you just did this thing I’m actually doing wouldn’t that make you bad haha

your right its a republic.

Nigger it's the senate. State borders don't change regularly.

Fpbp, OP is a faggot, and /thread. Petitioning mods to change your post number to quads

fpbp