Mind over music

Genuine question to 'right wingers' - Do you not agree that a creative mind is a free mind? I think the 'best' i.e most creative and innovative music comes from minds like this. Sorry Freddy. Discuss.

Attached: fucking legend.jpg (1000x1533, 1.04M)

Of course

Good singer, but Queen is overrated.

What is Creativity?
The act of making a decision. A culmination of decisions = Art.
Life itself is creativity. You are creating experiences. Art is a capturing of those experiences on some sort of medium (film, canvas, music, etc.).
Therefore, everytime we make a decision we are creating. How many decisions have you made today? What did you eat for breakfast? What clothes did you pick out? What route did you take to work?

Fork in the Road
The Decision-Making Process
The devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other.

The biggest reason for the vast majority of the population being denied access to their potential is the control one gives to the ego.
Ego
– Latin word meaning “self”
– The voice inside our head
– One part of the overall human “eco” system – That voice is not “You”
– Our intellect
Ego is the narrator of duality. Its only function is to interpret the dual aspect of our experience. The ego is one part of an overall human “eco” system. Eastern interpretation of the Ego—not to be confused by Freud’s term of “ego.”

Intellect
– Intellect = Thought = Mind = Ego
– A FANTASTIC TOOL...
– ... however, still limited.
– “The intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
– Charles Bukowski
– We’ve confused “knowledge” with intellectual comprehension.
The intellect believes on what the intellect can prove is real. Anything outside the realm of proof within the perspective of the intellect is not real. False. Fake.

Other way around. Queen was a great band, but Freddie Mercury is overrated.

The Ego’s Strengths:
• Calculations
• Mathmatical
• Structure
• Competition
• Problem Solving*
Its focus is the exterior. Outside! Without!
The Ego’s Weaknesses:
• Stillness
• Being in the Moment • Feeling Over Thinking • Collaboration
• Creativity
An untamed ego creates dissonance. Creating with Ego
• Creating with thinking as opposed to feeling
• Creates with a fear of failure as opposed to inspiration • Tries to “outsmart” the “competition”
• Insatiable need for accomplishment
• Easy to get stuck in patterns and ruts (redundancies)
The ego is crafty. It tries to create the synthetic versions of: love, creativity, humility and fluidity. But it’s easy to see it’s not sincere.

Synthetic vs. Real
• Ego Love vs. Pure Love
• Ego Creativity vs. Intuitive Creativity • Etc.
The ego is crafty and tries to create synthetic versions of qualities outside its expertise.

What? Queen was shit, and nearly all modern music is derivative shit poorly emulating the greats from 200+years ago. Is it entertaining? Sure. But it's objectively drivel.

Attached: 1516711274592.jpg (854x1046, 116K)

Attached: 1528733760189.jpg (903x1043, 189K)

Quite possibly, but this is not about Queen specifically, although I think the world has yet to know an equal to Freddy Mercury in terms of sheer stage presence.

The absolute height of freedom is knowing you have the ability to freely do a thing and choosing not to.
Just because I can fuck men and get AIDS and die doesn't mean I should do it.

Left wing people get drunk on the concept of freedom without thinking how it actually serves them. The result is abject destruction because they can. They flex power and see results and get giddy off it. They don't care who it effects or how it is perceived, only that they can do it. It is barbarism masquerading as freedom.

obviously, this is why we support free speech at all costs.
even if the speech is reprehensible the idea should be expressed so it can be addressed in the light of day

Enough w/ these shitty copypastas, quoting Bukowski just makes you look like an art-school douchebag.

Fuck you kike

I disagree. Creativity is in combining ideas and executing them in a novel context.

this, the fact that people don't understand this is why this nation is doomed.
we should have listened to the monarchists after the revolution.
democracy was a mistake

>novel context
isn't that subjective?

Gays never advance to the parenthood stage of life. They remain in linear time. Without a family, this allows them to fully embrace their passions. It's a shame most gays are useless and their passions are mostly dick.

well, so is creativity. How many different ways can you make a ham sandwich? I think it boils down to embodiment

No fuck you, leatherman.

again, not about Queen, but thanks for the idea. Gays invented disco, amongst other things (probably rim jobs, dunno) so cut them some slack.

>Sorry Freddy. Discuss.
>Good singer, but Queen is overrated.

Queen became "cool" again in the 90's when:
1. Mercury died of AIDS so heavy rock-metal tributes to Queen to show how open-minded they were

2. Wayne's World: The Movie

Attached: Even Jim Knew About Them.jpg (720x960, 159K)

Maybe a different story in the U.S, but Queen have been pretty much a staple of every drunken wedding party here for the last 30+ years or whatever. Cambridge boys, good musicians.

Cocaine invented disco, faggots just appropriated it.

Undeniably cocaine played its part, but, shit what's his name............. Man Parish, that was the beginning. New York stylee

>Man Parish
shit, I'm thinking of electronica. The gays invented that too

Right winger's mind is a free mind. Right wing politics is about low taxes, utilitarian government and ability to freely choose an opinion. You can read John Locke in case you're interested.

first off LOSERS Queen never was rock and roll.

If you cock smokers knew anything about music you would know all his sings were written in the style of gay ass SHOW TUNES.

I think most 'right-wing' ethics and up at 'God' i.e you can't do that because god says so. So they limit themselves. Not saying good people cannot result.

Wow so contraversial...pleb

Queen was underrated

fucks sake. I made a poor choice of image.

Fine, then to be on topic: Some of the best music comes from tortured minds. I wouldn't call that free in that aspect.

>Maybe a different story in the U.S, but Queen have been pretty much a staple of every drunken wedding party here for the last 30+ years or whatever. Cambridge boys, good musicians.

They are a great band. The only negative thing I have to say about them is there one track "Radio Ga Ga" which should have never been released.

Attached: george-stephen-morris-on-a-us-navy-rear-admiral-and-13780020[1].png (500x721, 184K)

> you can't do that because god says so
That's not about right wingers, that's about stupid religious people. There are religious retards on the Left as well. Right wing ethics tell that all your life is up to you, your family and your community, not to Almighty Government nor God.
Those claiming that the God should control our lives and pretending to be right wing do not understand basic principles of traditionalism, classical liberalism, libertarianism, etc. Those are religious retards, not right wingers.

Why is this a question for "Right wingers"?

In order to be creative your mind needs to be free - note that this does not only apply to art, but also to any kind of problem solving, creation, or discovery.

mate. That's one of the good uns. To each thier own

The main reason for the post is the recent controversy surrounding music at Trump's rallies. Just trying to get an angle on that really.

Queen will always be one of my all-time favorite singers. Huey Lewis is the best, though,

Attached: dothsword.png (128x128, 1K)

there was a controversy? enlighten me.

being a slave to drugs and perversion is the antithesis of having a free or creative mind

how is a leftist mind a free mind?
there's nothing leftists hate anywhere near as much as freedom
let alone leftists supposedly having a creative mind, since they're NPCs just able to parrot hivemind broadcasts

A bunch of people have asked for their music not to be played it his rallies. Possibly just a stunt, but desu it included Axl Rose, so probs legit.

I'm sure a lot of the great minds of the past had an opium hang-up. Don't be too quick to judge. But I agree, if you want to be the best at something you need to be clean and focused.

*not sure where that desu came from...I don't even know what that means

It's all been downhill since Bach desu.

OK, well give me a list of music you'd play at your rally and we can see for ourselves. Try no to include too much thrash metal, or other naive music (not a sleight)

but the evils that the bible condemns are objectively bad for the individual and the society.
these are things that typically could take your entire life to realize and by then its too late.

sshhhiiit, its an auto-correct for DESU fuck me

you typed t.b.h. without the dots, or something
and mods are cum dripping faggots

Its an auto correct from Jow Forums for T-B-H (desu) "to be honest.

And what is a creative mind? Certainly not the bugmen who like to credit themselves for being "open minded".

Attached: 1539845731820m.jpg (673x1024, 124K)

i would hesitate to call them "great minds"
but will concede that they had "great financiers"

> but the evils that the bible condemns are objectively bad for the individual and the society.
But it's not the Bible's achievement. There are bad things in the world and if someone says they're bad that doesn't proof everything he says is right.
Btw, what's bad in not remembering the Sabbath's day?

Modern liberal "artists" are the most uncreative, stick-to-consensus people on the planet. There is no discussing that.

he was a fag so god gave him aids. pretty fucking simple

Attached: 1516337620684.jpg (500x403, 30K)

Well this seems like a bit of a loosey-goosey question. Free from what?

In any case, I wouldn't accuse Axl Rose or Rhianna of being terribly creative. Creative Successful / Popular.

Freddy Mercury was gay and had aids. Queen fucking sucks worst band ever

Op has aids kys

I wouldn't do rallies: it implies too many people for my tastes to start with
and I don't care what artists' political ideas are
if their art is good, it transcends them anyway, by definition
eg cattle decapitation being very good, despite their vegetalism, which shows severe retardation
or duke ellington being very good, despite being a dindu, which shows severe retardation too
it's not because I like their art that I would even trust them to clean a toilet bowl, let alone even dare considering their political opinions
producing good art takes a lot more than a mere creative mind anyway, the most noticeable it takes being contingency (they have to be good, while having good inspiration, and being surrounded by people good at what they do)
that's why only a part, at best, of an artist's production ever is good (and most of it utter shit, in the end)

i would not try to wrap my mind around the effects that a tradition has had on a society thats been goin on for 1000's of years

but thats not the real issue people have with christianity. Today it is sex.
i wonder how strong the church would be today if Jesus permitted unlimited promiscuity

israel just invented the cure my nibba

Show tunes >>>>> "real" rock n roll

>left wing people
>freedom

Throwing ideas at a dartboard and hoping one sticks is not creativity, but it seems to be the only thing lefties like to try these days.
>Let's include EVERYONE and not filter out bad ideas at all
>Torrent of trash results

>like 3 or 4 good songs from 20 years ago
>the most creative and innovative music
laaaaaaame

that's their biggest lie
even bigger than claiming they want your moneyz 4greatjustice, instead of mere, usual as fuck, actual greed
leftists don't hate anything near as much as freedom
nothing stands anywhere near as much against leftism as the simple idea of freedom
realizing it is precisely what cured me from my younger years leftism

Because only leftwing retards are creative
Kys fag

>i wonder how strong the church would be today if Jesus permitted unlimited promiscuity
Christianity has been bastardized and watered down so much that it would essentially be a non-issue.

So?
Only faggots and niggers have aids
I hope they hide that shit on the top shelf away from monkey hands

>having a free mind means having the same ideas I do
wew lad

>classical liberalism has nothing to do with liberty, that's just crazy talk
>t

I'd rather live in a world without music than coexist with leftists

made a mistake here friend. Who did you mean to reply to?

A creative mind is exactly why we have AIDS.

>genuine question
Shill.

>Genuine question to 'right wingers'
you're foreign, so this might be where you're confused
the west is divided on the concept of the right wing
the European right believes in government enforced hierarchy, where the left wants enforced equality

The American right wingers want minimum government interference.

So any American right winger is against PC culture or censorship laws.

So which are you asking, american right wingers, or your right wingers?

(you)
it's not because I have comparable ideas to classical liberals (I'm more a libertarian conservative, but it pretty much boils down to the same) that I consider it takes (actual) liberalism (ie the right wing kind) to have a free mind
it's because it's like so, plain and simple

Not necessarily. Creativity can also be a reflection of your beliefs and core values in a metaphoric way. It's not indicative of a more open or free mind that exists beyond boundaries.

Very few people are genuinely creative. There are observable psychological differences between creativity and being open (or expressive). Left leaning people tend to be open and expressive, but there is no correlation between politics and creativity user.

Yeah this guy gets it. Tolkien is a good example of at least an illiberal creative person. Most conservative people aren't prone to openness which is why creative conservatives are either miserable (because they don't have an outlet for their creativity) or they mostly keep their art or w/e they make in solitude. But the reality of the situation is that most people in general are genuinely not creative.

Boomer leaf confirmed

Funny I am a conservative and also a platinum selling record producer. There are more of us than you know.

And yes I am serious.

Attached: 3C8E6643-E472-46D8-91B7-E1166467B11D.jpg (1125x1429, 184K)

>vegetalism
Literal Streetshitter detected
>vegetal

Attached: kekwashere..png (1222x736, 38K)

Good confirmation.
Even better digits.

Attached: 1537458917362.jpg (735x490, 70K)

And now you know why the conversos initiated Vatican II, more asses in seats means fancier eats

Pro tools?

O B S E R V E D

Attached: 1478580170866.png (713x713, 254K)

I don't believe y-

Well, that settles it.

Attached: Those digits.gif (1000x700, 278K)

wot?
it's just a word to mock herbivore faggots, you retarded abogan

No. As Goethe pointed out, repression and restriction is the spur to genius.

same here, i'm semi retired now tho

Artists have always been degenerates. They are generally not pleasant or moral people, but they make thier contribution to society in other ways. The issue is most 'artists' are cringey and they make zero contribution.

Gays have often been a creative force, because they have the ability to be selfish in pursuit of their vision -- with no family to distract their attentions.

To be a great artist requires a certain amount of self indulgence and self centeredness that wouldn't be ideal for most people, but it's an important aspect of society. When art becomes silly or destructive, generally society is on the decline.

You could argue that bands like Queen were restricted by the technology of the time. Doing some of the shit they did like the massive multi track harmonies and other effects took improvisation and skill as they didn't have a computer to just do it for them like today.

says you. But I have a free mind so I'm willing to consider other points of view on what constitutes a free mind. See the problem yet?

GENUINELY WONDERING WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS

Indeed. That's one example. Also in music is the lack of creativity in synth-music now compared to the early days.

But this repression-rule is everywhere. Think also of rules in poetry. One has to be creative and is spurred to creativity by the restrictions of metre. And it leads to greater poetry than the rubbish that comes out of free creativity.

>See the problem yet?
yes: you're retarded
still, you can't have a free mind without utmostly valuing freedom
you're free to say the sky is green, and that freedom is slavery, though
but it doesn't show a free mind: just a tarded mind

Hourly reminder that there is no such thing as right-wing liberalism. If you're a liberal (classical, modern, libertarian, etc), you're a left-winger.