THIS THREAD IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT

Why hasn't anyone invented a block chain election network? So there is literally can not be a fraud.

1. State has a certificate everyone acknowledges.
2. Every voter generates a private key and CSR.
3. The state signs the certificate of the voter, and gives it to the voter.
4. Voter spreads a message about registering for voting cycle.
5. A bunch of miners crunch hashes for right complexity in order to place the registration on the block chain. Mined coins might get some value
6. You can now easily find yourself in the blockchain by the public key
7. When the voting period comes, same applies for voting, but there has to be some sort of algorithm to prevent of figuring out who did the voter vote for, but after processing all of the voters, the winner magically comes up

This idea has a lot of flaws and the algorithm in p.7 is yet to invent. It literally prevents me from sleeping at nights. Guys, I thought Jow Forums is smart, solve this one. Once solved, the world will never be the same.

Attached: download.jpg (317x159, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform
blockchaintechnology-news.com/2018/08/13/state-of-west-virginia-pioneers-blockchain-voting-for-overseas-us-military/
horizonstate.com
web.archive.org/web/20061214025307/http://www.eac.gov/election_survey_2004/chapter_table/Chapter13_Polling_Places.htm
freenetproject.org/
solid.inrupt.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this thread is unimportant

Attached: 1541424523627.jpg (480x338, 23K)

Okay, now either contribute or fuck off.

you aren't the first person to come up with this idea

Why has it failed then? Why haven't anyone implemented it?

>why hasn't the gov made an election than can't be manipulated
Hmm

Also, to do this you'd need some sort of voter ID, which would have the left reeing about raysism

Attached: ezgif-1-bba21b9025.gif (405x405, 2.45M)

>THIS THREAD IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT
this one too, keep both bumped

>So there is literally can not be a fraud.
It really makes you think.

There is a company doing it already kraut.

Attached: DB109498-B912-484D-8A00-317CDEF69908.png (750x1334, 87K)

I know the state is actually against it, but once there will be a system that literally cannot be hacked either from inside or outside, the "society" will accept it in long term. So yeah, calm down doctor. Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Came to post this.

So these decision tokens can be actually applied to elections? The voter ID is important here.

however people vote doesnt matter. by making the process more secure and efficient, you would just be forcing the powers that be to manipulate and influence in a different way. at least right now we kind of have an idea of the rules of the game they're playing

Attached: 1539894843320.jpg (655x497, 97K)

Well, we have 50% of "society" insisting that fraud is a right wing conspiracy unless they are the ones that loose; then they use it as a crutch. So good luck making this happen.

>2018, he thinks the imaginary entity known as the state is still worth trying to save.
The absolute state of Jow Forums

>He assumes the democrats want a way to PREVENT voter fraud.
user, how new are you?

gee i wonder why

Attached: 1530945447664.gif (255x190, 17K)

Yes. They are working on a system where 1tokrn = 1vote and every citizen gets one or something. Go check out their website, I cba.

I mean it's nice in principle, but not likely to ever be a real thing

>every citizen g
How do you verify citizenship

not a shill

Attached: 1541420994434.png (500x498, 540K)

>no fraud
Election fraud is standard m.o. since elections were invented
The powers that be dont want to change that

see this, OP: github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform

Because for the average person block chain is still far to confusing of a concept.

You have to have private keys like with bitcoin wallets, yes?
What if someone gets my key? What if I cannot remember in the voting booth?

Well you invent the thing first, then prove it to work, and then you try to market it, right?
Well they will have no choice once the system becomes too popular.
How about these: How to ensure only 1 token goes to 1 citizen? How to hide who you voted for?
The only way I see is to actually embed public key into new generation of passports. That might actually already happen, didn't read shit on that topic.

You don't need to know how the engine work to drive the car. Deploy the p2p client to end users the way bitcoin does, and call it a voting app.

That's how we get the ethereum debacle that resulted in the hard fork

>What if someone gets my key?
You're literally fucked. Every website on HTTPS have one, but internet is working right?
>What if I cannot remember in the voting booth?
You don't have to go somewhere to vote on this, as it's p2p.

As I said, a shit ton of flaws. But the idea is so light it makes me wet.

Thanks user, I'll look that up.

Saw a similar post on LinkedIn last night
What ciphersuites will you be using? What blockchain protocol will you be implementing?
Where will you host any DApps (if using Eth)? How will you secure that infrastructure?
What are you using for a CA? Using an HSM? Is it FIPS 140-2 certified, and if you are spinning up CloudHSM clusters on AWS to act as your CA, how are you protecting your Account? How are you structuring your VPCs?
How many clients will you support? Mobile? Laptop? Thin client? How do you ensure backwards compatibility?
If you are developing for mobile apps, what is your SSDLC methodology to ensure proper security posture on your releases?
How are you obfuscating the votes and people who voted on your public ledger?
How are you accounting for APO / absentee voters?

It is: blockchaintechnology-news.com/2018/08/13/state-of-west-virginia-pioneers-blockchain-voting-for-overseas-us-military/

That being said, as other anons have stated
>can't have voter fraud
Dems wouldn't like that, it amounts to voter id which is racyss

Also, at some point blockchain exploits may be eventually discovered, which could make the fraud even worse.

Attached: 1541391303363.jpg (960x1191, 164K)

>How many clients will you support? Mobile? Laptop? Thin client? How do you ensure backwards compatibility?
Nigga just make a web app, shit

>How are you obfuscating the votes and people who voted on your public ledger?
Some coins have that "zero knowledge" thing that keeps everything secret

Okay cool, you made a PWA - security architecture and scalability among other things are still in scope.

There is no voter fraud

>US society
>caring about progress
lol no sweetie 50% of our society only wants gibs

Here horizonstate.com all the info about it. The UN is interested in using it too.

Everyone gets one voting unit.

Send your voting unit to a wallet.

The address with most voting units wins.

???

There you go for number 7.

>import securewebsite
Pffff done

ZKPs are good - I will add that to the acceptance criteria for this Story, user

user, I...

>hmm let me check if I should fire Tod for voting red
>*click* transaction history
>CTRL+F Tod's public key
>recipient: reds
Hey sweetie, get tod on the phone

Because republicans need to cheat to win.

They already have. Look up skycoin.

Ethereum developer here. I'll tell you one reason it's hard. Let us say you have an electorate of 1mm people. Let us say we do not care about voter privacy or anonymity. It is reasonable to believe that we could implement a vote transaction which cost 100k gas. Assuming a 7mm block gas limit, that means we can process 70 votes per block. With Ethereum's 15 second block times, that means it takes you 60 hours (2+ days) to count all the votes. If the population of your country is 100mm, it's 6000 hours (200+ days).

So you would need to use some layer 2 method to make it scale. But we're not so smart about those yet.

Here's a law that replaces millions of pages of criminal law, all court hearings and lawyers, here it goes:
If person A takes from person B, person A needs signature of person B.

Just one sentence that solves all theft cases.

But eh, fuck this, we need to generate complexity and misunderstanding so elites can hire their hordes to rule and most importantly that you need them.
So basically they don't want you to see all data, this is why we have private banks, this is why there are financial hiding places.

Attached: Skyminer-Press-Release-1-1.png (1000x500, 371K)

Extra time is easily worth it for an accurate result, jew.

Add that to the backlog user

You can make a voting month for example, no problem. Imagine, that would be a complete shitshow.

If you can’t make niggers get an ID to vote then what makes you think you can make them buy a device

>niggers
who cares

because no politician is interested in a non-manipulable election system which is openly accessible, allowing every citizen to count the votes on his or her own Hans
no voter fraud, no ballot manipulation, complete transparency
image the "horror"

They have, and the reason its not being used is because there is noone that has found a good way to subvert and takeover the development to ensure backdoors so you can cheatvote yet :)

We only use broken systems for a reason

Because (((democracy))) depends on hackable elections.
Always remember this when you are given a lame excuse for why you get no receipt for your vote.

A national ID system would solve those problems, but then you get the jews harping on about muh number of the beast.

To be fair, the nuclear family was an aberration over the extended families that we used to do just fine with. Some people would rather pay money to watch the kids/house/pets/plants I guess.

>blockchain
kys

>THAT'S WHY RIPPLE, STELLAR AND EOS ARE BETTER NIGGER

Isnt this part of the original design intent of btc or eth? I know eth is meant to expand to constitutions at some point

You don't understand how government works though. Things take a very long time to change. Just because the technology exists doesn't mean it is or should be implemented right now. This all ties into the beast system that is coming though. Whether or not I agree with it being a positive or negative doesn't change the fact that it is coming.

None of those are censorship-resistant.

Niggers in Georgia were dropped from the voter rolls because they couldn't remember how to spell their own names. You expect them to remember their private encryption key?

>hurr durr the blockchain can only be used for meme coins

Attached: 400?img=%2Fimg%2Fsourceimages%2Fsmug-dog-58b27562e484a.jpg (400x400, 111K)

>They won't have to, because you'll do that in an app, at home. With your key written on encrypted storage secured with a password.
Yeah, no.

This is now a spiderman thread.

Attached: Blank+_d4acecfd44c10d264f32f002afe8fc20.jpg (780x572, 77K)

There are two other factors besides "what you know" that can be used to unlock an encryption key.

>implying all government should work like the crypto-oligarchy that is the USA
Crippledick logic.

instead, how about the block chain:
go to the polls -> show your ID -> vote

for US, make it so that the gov issues everyone earning less than x amount of money free IDs, so that nobody can cry about voter suppression

Except when you don't trust the godbednbent you actually feel in need to verify all the votes yourself.

Because government projects take 10 years to plan, 12 years to create, 10 more years to fix the fuckups during creation then 5-10 more years rewriting the whole shit from scratch.
Good example, the blasphemy paragraph in Norway was voted on to be removed in 2003, it passed. It was hurriedly removed in 2015 following the Charlie Hebdo shootings.

Why did it take 12 fucking years? A new computer system was being made for the police and it ran into troubles, then more troubles, then it needed redesigning, then they scrapped it and started over etc.

That's how governments work.

Also, I don't think the police ever got that new computer system.

It is a very good idea and should be developed for our new political future.
But your question;
>why hasn't anyone invented a block chain election network?
i think you know the answer; because there is literally no political or economic force in the west that have ANY interest in a fair and good political system, the only reason they are in power is because of their manipulation of elections; from mass-psychology through mass-media, lies presented as real plans that will never be done, buzzwords to hide real reasons for political change and control to direct manipulation of the political counting systems.

Imagine we have election observers following the blocks and spotting manipulation instantly.
None of us who were born in the 80s or later have lived with a "democratic system" all we have is global plutocracy sprinkled with "representative parliamentarism" of literally paid shills and career politicians.

To get a good system going we need a violent revolution and by law remove the rights of career politicians to transform our political systems to their own and their masters liking. They are meant to serve us yet they only rule us.

Attached: 1537875759459.jpg (371x504, 53K)

What the heck is block chain?

That's exactly what the ruling classes here want to prevent.

>take 40 years
Tell me again about the Manhattan Project.

Maybe the goal wasn't really to create a computer system for the police, but to enrich a well-connected someone's friend at public expense.

To be fair, they were always meant to rule us. "Service" never meant anything beyond serving the system itself.
I agree that it's well past time to fire the ruling class.

Oh people get rich off it and nobody ever has to account, but the government moves fucking slow.
As for the Manhattan project, well, war time weapons programs is an exception to the rule. Doubly so if you're shitting yourself thinking your opponent is about to get nukes.

according to: web.archive.org/web/20061214025307/http://www.eac.gov/election_survey_2004/chapter_table/Chapter13_Polling_Places.htm

there were over 110k polling places in 2004.

Increase that to 200k to be on the safe side, and you need what, a million volunteers to cover most of it. pretty sure US political analysts already know which states and districts are most susceptible to voting fraud (i.e. tiny rural counties are safe, since it would draw to much attention if a 2k voter county suddenly had 12k voters). how difficult is it to fund and organize a grassroot movement in a country the size of USA

>how difficult is it to fund and organize a grassroot movement in a country the size of USA
Takes some work

For some reason... can see this going VERY wrong... Two problems: 1 - Thinking technology is the solution and 2 - Thinking government is the solution. It's massive CHINA level surveillance, not sure how the DDD will really play out amongst the state/federal level, let alone going for "every human being on the planet." That and the idea of a Universal Basic Income in order to pay the user... Hmm...

Devils advocate. That's all.

This idea sounds more practical when it's based on targeted and smaller orgs. It sounds like something to Freenet or Solid.

Freenet - freenetproject.org/
Solid - solid.inrupt.com/

This ^^^^^^^^

Black pilled.

Why do you think? Stealing elections is profitable. You’re solving the wrong problem here, from a certain perspective.