Why minimum wage benefits the economy and should be raised

A businessman will pay as little as he can. We don't have enough jobs right now, so job seekers are effectively forced to take what is offered. Our consumer economy works when people consume, and people eking out a living can't afford to consume much. Abolishing the minimum wage would allow business owners to keep more of the business earnings, while employees would have less to spend. The more poor people we have, the worse our economy gets, because people can't afford to consume. Eventually our business owner is in a bad way because fewer people can afford to buy his product. To put it another way, look what free trade has done. Employers go to whichever country they can pay workers the least. Unrestricted capitalism turns into exploitation. Minimum wage exists not only to protect workers from exploitation, but also to ensure the masses have enough spending power to keep our economy humming.

Tl;dr The problem with all the income going to the wealthy is that they don't spend it all - they save the majority of it, and our economy stagnates. We need spenders to have spending money for the economy to improve.

Attached: q46L4QH.png (600x300, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR1807.html
rand.org/randeurope/research/projects/national-minimum-wage.html
youtu.be/iVaqQe3V498
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shameless self bump

The government should just print more money that way no one is poor.

They don't spend it they (((invest))) it and buy non liquid assets. Yes this stagnates the economy which is why debt had to become salable only to incur ever more frequent crises. Marx was right about the problem but not the solution. I think he realized that which is why Capital is a door stopper but the manifesto is a pamphlet.

but raising the wage kills jobs

there's more demand for jobs if people are spending more

right now what you have happening is the rich saving their wealth and minimum wage workers not being able to spend on anything other than necessities

>Raising the wage kills jobs
Not necessarily, it does reduce profit and increases cost which may kill jobs but there is a threshold of profit loss that may be acceptable and im globalized capitalism that threshold is continually diminished. A far cry from "it's a wonderful Life"

THE CURRENCY NEEDS TO RETAIN ITS PURCHASING POWER. YOU CAN GET PAID MORE OF A WORTHLESS CURRENCY BUT 1000 X ZERO IS STILL ZERO, FAG.

Attached: minimum_wage_by_novuso-da5zl56.jpg (600x600, 82K)

> muh minimum wage
> never realizes the problem is inflation and overpricing
Brigga, please.

This is also a good point

You get paid what your skill is worth. Minimum wage is for kids,retards,and niggers.

Inflation will rise regardless of how much the minimum wage is.

>Index universal basic income to cost of living
>If they raise prices they have to pay more in taxes

Attached: 3663286_062718-wabc-ap-Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-img.jpg (1300x732, 640K)

But we want the boomers to starve to death, remember?

Who's rich dick is pissing in your butt user?

Raising the wage increases the cost of living and unemployment. At this point its obvious that the concept of employment/unemployment is a scam though, because you can't have "growth" if you aren't hiring for new jobs consistently. If every job was filled by an employee then that would be considered stagnation and your overlords would be clamoring for cheap imported labor...

Attached: stupidgoyim.png (629x542, 431K)

Hard to disagree, society works better when more money is in more hands

My company always pays above the going rate in order to keep qualified staff, keep them happy and attract more able staff. Paying minimal wages is a false economy

Minimum wages for minimum skills. If you’re a shitskin high school dropout angry because you’re making only 7 dollars an hour for flipping burgers please know that you’re making exactly what you’re worth.

This.

>they don't spend it all - they save the majority of it, and our economy stagnates

THEY KEEP IT IN BANKS FAG. THE BANKS INVEST THAT SHIT. ITS STILL MOVING. ITS JUST MADE AVAILABLE WHEN YOU REQUEST IT, BUT ITS NOT THE SAME CURRENCY YOU PUT IN THE BANK, DICKHEAD.

Like, if I put a £20 not in the bank and took a note of the serial number - I will never see that serial number again because its not the same £20 note - ITS A DIFFERENT FUKING NOTE. The currency doesnt sit around in a big vault waiting for you to ask for it back.

FIGURE IT OUT DICKHEAD.

WHAT ARE YOU 12?

Attached: Raving faggot.jpg (900x938, 60K)

Heh. I get paid for what I know,not what I do. A fucking shaved monkey could probably do your "job"

If you raise minimum wages you'll destroy jobs, because it will be less expensive to just buy machines that will do the work far faster and cheaper in the long run because you don't have to fucking pay is 500$ an hour for unskilled labor. If anything, lower the minimum wage so that employers have incentive to hire unskilled workers rather than machines so there are less jobless people who can't afford ANYTHING because they were replaced by robots.

ALL CURRENCY IS BORROWED INTO EXISTENCE AT INTEREST
>ALL CURRENCY IS BORROWED INTO EXISTENCE AT INTEREST

Attached: us_national_debt_chart_2012.jpg (916x1287, 154K)

Nah I'm a GCI engineer homie. Still a commie too. Fuck your Jewish prop

WE HAVE A DEBT BASED ECONOMY
>WE HAVE A DEBT BASED ECONOMY

Attached: uk national debt 1.jpg (1480x812, 143K)

rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR1807.html

rand.org/randeurope/research/projects/national-minimum-wage.html

As little as giu can is dictated by the (distorted)market for labor dumbass
>I'm a business owner
Bullshit

Everyone ignores this beautiful solution
You people love to suck a rich dick. Thread theme youtu.be/iVaqQe3V498

>I think that money vanishes into the ether rather than simply just being transferred from one bank account into another when a purchase is made

>what your skill is worth
We are all paid in debt. National currencies are monetized national debt. So youre saying your skill is worth negative value.

You can't get paid "what your skill is worth" because thats illegal currently. Also, if we were paid value, theres no way plebs can enforce the law. Its a civil matter, and if the problem is "im not getting paid" you cant afford justice

EAT THE RICH

I'm sure you couldn't carry my balls in a wheelbarrow,you dog fucker. But anyways,you are a dipshit and your country is fucked. I hope you starve to death because tariffs.

minimum wage is paid by employers that have a surplus of labor

i promise you that if every single person in america was born a skilled surgeon then they'd make min wage

this is what's happening with unskilled labor

not "when a purchase is made", but when its sitting in an account. Its still being invested. In the 90s Glass–Steagall was revoked which allowed banks to merge account holders with investment banking. Your current account balance is being invested and being made available when you request it

Attached: Minimum wage silver.jpg (850x300, 53K)

>your country is fucked
>Also American
?

>carry my balls in a wheelbarrow
Yeah - I watch South Park too

yes that money doesn't stop sitting in an account when it's spent you stupid fucking nigger it just gets transferred into a different account and is still invested

ie stagnant funds don't benefit the banks, the only difference spending makes is they're transferred between accounts all controlled by banks

>Your country is fucked
Good. Acceleration now.

>it just gets transferred into a different account
>stagnant funds don't benefit the banks
re-read your own post. You literally contradicted yourself in 2 sentences

Attached: 1519709584521.jpg (600x540, 40K)

This "how do we fix the economy" nonsense is a big fat red herring. The point is the economy is irreparably broken and needs a bit of a collapse to set it straight.

The problem you're talking about is saturation. The current economy depends on endless growth to give profits to investors who fund companies. This is wrong, not just morally but logically. And this wasn't how the world worked for most of history. Sure, this went great for about 100 years while our population was exploding. Back then, companies could keep expanding as long as they could reach new customers. But then they got so big they started running out of customers. So they started shipping jobs overseas to reduce costs, but eventually that ran out too. Any way you look at it, they needed more customers.

This is where welfare comes in. If you can't find more customers, just create them. Funnel tax money to jobless nigs, who send it straight to Walmart and Mcdonalds and others like them. Best part for the execs making these decisions: Most of them don't pay their taxes, or at least not the full amount. Even if they need to give a little bit, it all comes back to them in the end. And if they run out of porch monkeys? Import some more. Somalians, Sub-Saharans, Muslims. The shittier people the better. Because those people will go straight on welfare and spend spend spend while the government gives them their salary. Us Americans are very lucky, geographically speaking. Sure, wetbacks aren't the greatest but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

So how do you fix this mess? That's easy. You let it collapse. If a company goes obsolete then it goes bankrupt. Except the government is packed with shareholders and/or bribed into rigging the economy for these corporations. Not to mention, then entire (((media))) and (((education system))) convincing half the population that getting cucked by mega-corporations puts you on the right side of history.

>right now what you have happening is the rich saving their wealth and minimum wage workers not being able to spend on anything other than necessities
oh the horror of freedom.

or raise the minimum wage to a billion dollars an hour

Attached: 1536775415692.gif (200x172, 70K)