Does Anyone Give a Shit About their Privacy?

> FINDER (Foodborne IllNess DEtector in Real time) — leverages search and location data to identify “potentially unsafe” restaurants.

>As the study’s authors explain, FINDER takes in anonymous and aggregated logs from users who opt to share their location data. It identifies search queries indicative of food poisoning (e.g., “how to relieve stomach pain”) and then looks up restaurants visited by the users who performed those searches. Lastly, for each applicable restaurant, it calculates the proportion of folks who stopped by and later showed evidence of foodborne illnesses in their searches.

>But the tests demonstrated a 68 percent improvement over advanced complaint-based systems that use Twitter data mining, including Chicago’s own.

>“Our results provide evidence that this type of tool can be used by health departments today to more rapidly pinpoint and investigate locations where outbreaks may be occurring,” the researchers wrote. This model can be expanded by public health departments to reduce the burden of foodborne illness across the United States, and can also be employed to assist in monitoring a variety of other diseases globally.

venturebeat.com/2018/11/06/google-and-harvard-develop-ai-to-find-restaurants-that-could-make-you-sick/

Attached: goog.png (736x584, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jBDa1WQzgNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the ultimate philosophical question of our age:

>Is it slavery when you get what you want?
youtube.com/watch?v=jBDa1WQzgNM

>Ask google
>Get an answer
>It's always 'the right' answer.

that is actually a pretty smart idea, could help bring charges on shitty restaurants that fail on food safety regulations

>flag

>oi m8 we need mor camras n wotnot u get me senpai?

but it is a good idea, so what if its google, other developers could create they own versions that value the users privacy. I'd actually use such an app to avoid risky food joints.

Would it find this one?

Attached: no please.jpg (1080x877, 98K)

flag and uk in id noice

how is that even allowed? Any risk to the consumer has to be removed, that includes people with infectious diseases...

Sounds too similar to that app that marked off areas to avoid if you don't want to get robbed that was immediately criticized for being racist.

Alternate title: Google and Harvard develop AI to find Indian and Chinese restaurants

NPCs don't care about privacy and corporations know that NPCs will always outnumber those who do.

I bet they get a lot of cancelled reservations.

>he posts on a website which doesn't use HTTPS

rly makes u think

Attached: rly makes u think.gif (460x259, 2.39M)

High employee turnover rate

Why do you think Jow Forums doesn't use https?

Attached: 1383886529417.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

something something the jews
>I have no idea

Every day we stray further from God's light.

Attached: 1511488775818.jpg (800x791, 83K)

Racist AI is at it again? Just how many times they have to shut it down for it to stop being racist?

at this point not really. the lengths you have to go to ensure true privacy arent worth it

could you imagine you order a baguette which is hard and dry on the outside, it cuts the corner of your lips an one of them chefs with HIV accidentally cut their hand while cutting your baguette 2 minutes before it was served. They didn't tell anyone they cut their hand, you get sick a few months later and find out you have HIV, you also infected your pregnant girlfriend, your unborn child is also now infected.

Yeah I won't be eating at this place ever.

>implying I have a shart-phone
>implying I'm not behind 7 proxies

>user went to restaurant A
>microphone detected ass-blasting 45 minutes later
>mark unsafe

>not using "HTTPS Everywhere"

Politically charged establishments are going to be destroyed with this.