When did you grow out of atheism?

when did you grow out of atheism?

Attached: jRwVK0O.jpg (1024x1024, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

r*ddit.com/r/Gangstalking/comments/9s5g43/ex_musician_who_is_gang_stalked_and_hears/?utm_source=reddit-android
youtube.com/watch?v=nLT_v8BLFIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now I follow pic related

Attached: varg.jpg (762x464, 138K)

I never got into it, I was raised Russian Orthodox and still am. Granted practicing the faith is a bit more difficult in America but I manage.

I’m still an atheist, I just grew out of telling others how enlightened I am.

When I was baptized at age 1 month

I haven't seen that pic in years. Wonder what he's doing now, and if he kept the hat.

Years ago. The only honest and reasonable position is agnosticism paired with socially conservative values. Yes, religion is all about faith, but my brain is proof oriented. There is insufficient information to reasonably hold a definitive answer on either side of this argument. Intellectually I know there is no proof for or against the existence of God and there will likely never be. It is best to operate as though there is a God, though.

It is also best to not hold anything against those who believe, religion can be a tremendous force for good and answers a lot of difficult existential questions for people.

Full on aggressive atheism is cancerous. It is excessively antagonistic and self fellating, pseudointellectual nonsense.

Attached: 1541229129002.jpg (1078x735, 123K)

20, realised it was a meaningless and purposeless pursuit.

If I even got into it, I'd say I became theistic at around 24 when I found out about the Central banking scheme and the organized effort to keep me from God.
Right now I'm struggling living closer to God, quit smoking weed 2 month ago and right now I'm jonezing hard for a cigarette, but right now I'm trying hardcore to quit...
After cigarettes I only have coffie and sugar left. I've realized that especially nicotine had a horrible impact on ambition and my ability to get places in life. Weed was more of a soothing faze. Nicotine has been lowering a bunch of my drive.

22. Then I became a pantheist, and at around 24 I realized God and the Bible aren't just some man made bs like I always thought. 26 next month and my life has been immensely better since converting. Not only better monetarily and physically, but pretty much every aspect of my life. The wisdom and ability to see through bs becomes so much stronger. Motivation becomes easier, and the will to push through things out of your control affecting your life is easier to deal with/counter. You understand the world and people better, and dont hate them as much for being the pieces of shit that they are. You began to realize the unfathomable amount of variables that come into situations and why things happen. It humbles you enough to be ok with admitting you dont have a clue and opens you up to truth. Things start to make much more sense because you realize who is in control of the material plane of existence (666). You realize why this world for the most part rejects your view and values. You understand that becoming what the world wants you to be is another slave to the grind/slave to the system/enabler of evil/ an accessory to murder of what's right/a promoter of degeneracy... It helps you break from the box matrix you are put in by Jews and then society/government. It's the only escape from eternal damnation.

iirc about 9 years ago

(((they))) will just call us atheists anyways

Attached: sageandkys.png (1251x913, 783K)

17 or so when I realized it was a plot by the Jews

cringe

Attached: christkikes destroyed.jpg (640x960, 135K)

hmm, same story actually

> Not powerful if He cannot do X

Can God make a square round?

God does not contradict himself, so the contradiction is in your request, not in God or a supposedly "limited" power.

Didn't have a religious upbringing so I never had anything to grow into in the first place. Like most people in my country, I feel gratitude for the cultural basis that Christianity brought to my country and acknowledge its historical importance, but feel no need to follow church doctrines like a faggot.

When I became an hedonist nihilist

I grew out of religion.

I didn’t. Do you actually believe there is a God who will listen to your prayers? There might be a higher being responsible for our existence, but the thought of him catering to the feeble needs of individual humans aka his creations is laughable.

That said, I do read Sanskrit/Pali scriptures, I consider it as a part of heritage rather than faith.

I'm 26 and I honestly don't know what to believe. I was raised catholic, and I think culturally, Christianity is a good thing. However, I don't think I can say with any certainty that I believe in or don't believe in god. I just don't have all the answers and I don't think I ever will, part of being human I guess.

>Central banking scheme and the organized effort to keep me from God.

explain?

I was never an atheist.

Damn what a nice fedora!!

The Hebrew desert cult "God" does not exist, but "gods" as metaphors for forces of nature (Thor for thunder, Loki for lightning, etc) do exist.

Attached: AthiestCulturalChristian.jpg (1200x488, 109K)

15. I distinctly remember how cringe worthy it was to have an Atheist patch on my backpack in high school and I tore it off on my own with the greatest shame. No one embarrassed me or insulted me about it. I just realized suddenly how cringeworthy it was and felt profound shame at how loserish it was.

BTW, Varg posters in here... you should have grown out of that by the time you were 15 too. If you're older than that and still look up to him you are lagging in your mental age.

You attempt to define the will of Allah?

I just don't see why I should believe in something that there's no proof of. I'm doing just fine without a god.

there's no proof but there is evidence

The only god that will ever exist is a superintelligent AI.

Attached: intelligencescale.jpg (736x233, 36K)

Attached: lono.jpg (500x583, 51K)

If it's not proof, I honestly don't care. Until there's proof I don't have a reason to believe in a god.

When I realized God was real, and that I must commit deicide.

Attached: Kratos_Headshot.jpg (714x802, 182K)

When I started getting gang stalked.

r*ddit.com/r/Gangstalking/comments/9s5g43/ex_musician_who_is_gang_stalked_and_hears/?utm_source=reddit-android

there's no proof God isn't real either so logically it makes sense to be agnostic.

after watching this faggot years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=nLT_v8BLFIY

Attached: atheistfaggot.png (357x392, 177K)

Preserving cultural Christianity is important, but I just don't think I'm ever capable of believing in it. I'm just not the religious type I suppose, I got no idea what things like spirituality even feel like.

I guess we have different definitions of atheism then. Atheism is a claim to belief, while agnosticism is a claim to knowledge. So I'm an atheist (don't believe) and agnostic (don't claim to know).

yeah seems there's agnostic atheism, and agnostic theism.

When Buddhism lead me to my Indo Aryan roots and I saw Jesus as the false god he is. Just say no to the big three. HAIL!

Attached: 1540768970032.jpg (218x231, 15K)

>evil exists
>no 'no' option
fake news

Quality schizo posting in there.

Same here, user: I don't know if I believe in God, but I do believe that Christianity helps to create the strongest societies. Problem is that we got complacent with the translations of the Bible and let so much of the historical context fall to the wayside.

>I do believe that Christianity helps to create the strongest societies
May I refer you to the Salem witch trials

I was 12 when I realized the god from the Bible wasn’t real. I’m 41 now and I never think about any of it anymore. Only when asked. I don’t care at all what anyone else believes.

it's like going from a cringy frying pan to a cringier fire.

19 or 20.

Attached: Religion.jpg (730x1024, 300K)

You can hate the man himself or call him what you what, but his philosophy is 100% correct and he's living the life 99% of Jow Forumstards could only dream of.

I never entered it, user.

Attached: episcopalian.png (640x524, 351K)

When I realised materialism is a philosophy of the blind. I am consciousness.

Attached: 1539081031791.png (720x709, 466K)

Same here.

such a misinformed picture

Almost there user.

Attached: 1504092417766.png (680x1156, 691K)

I'm atheist but i'm not the millitant type that attacks people for believing in whatever jewish fairy tales they want.

13, my friends still rag on me because of it

I see those repeating 8's. Heil'd.

Attached: 1528895765242.jpg (726x572, 157K)

i never was one, i skipped straight to agnostic atheism
so i never acted like a faggot about it
i'll even admit that christianity should be mandatory and is a necessary tool to a healthy western civilization, sans the love your enemies part

fuck

evangelical atheists pushed me away from antithiesm by having weak fallacious arguments and only ever arguing with gotcha bullshit against the most retarded religious people they could find. I was on a long journey of personal growth to attempt to derive a secular value structure from the religious ethics when I discovered jordan Peterson's maps of meaning classes and his work was a far more articulate version of what I had been attempting to rationalize.

the psychological narrative framework fostered by religion has extreme utility when understood and applied and attempts to navigate the world without these frameworks cause most people to make fatal mistakes that could be avoided if one were to apply the accumulated knowledge found in the narratives.

the mind is a simulation of reality and the personal conception and acceptance of God is the most powerful framework to build a meaningful mode of being in the face of the suffering inherent to life across time.

Read Dr. William Lane Graig books.
Reasonable Faith is a good start.

You will at least be a Deist, and you will have both rational and spiritual reasons to prefer theism or deism over atheism.

See

Without God, evil is just another irrational opinion.

I grew out of baptist Christianity at 7 and out of atheism at 18. It took awhile.

god is the infinite limitless potential of reality. for there to be the potential for 'good' there must also be a potential of 'evil'. for human beings as representatives of life to be able to interact with the infinite potential creatively to bring good out of chaos we must by definition also be able to creatively bring evil out of chaos. it is the free will problem of conscious actors that brings both good and evil out of god.

That's really misinterpreted. It doesn't mean still be a cuck to your enemies, they are still your enemies after all. If someone's trying to kill you you don't let them because "love your enemies". It's more just treating them humane, or in less life-or-death situations, not being a douche to them despite the fact that they're you're enemy.

Unless you're talking about catholics, they 100% believe it means be a cuck and love your enemies as in help a foreign invader to your nation.

I've always wondered how many people were killed in that. It must have been a lot since it's always brought up. Must be close to 6 million probably.

I'm still an atheist but I grew out of giving a shit what other people believe and thinking that religion was some horrible thing that was the root of all the world's problems. It's not that I believe God isn't real, it's simply that I haven't seen anything to compel me to believe he is real, and even if I did you'd still be worlds away from convincing me that your particular god and flavor of worshiping him was the one true way.

But religion is fine, and Christianity holds a special place in my heart seeing as I was raised under it. I like living in a predominantly Christian society and wouldn't want to live in one where any other religion was the primary.

Attached: 1116565848090.jpg (634x476, 39K)

read the protocols of zion buddy

>Christian Youth Destroyed

If you believe it is false, why is preserving the culture important? Would it not make more sense to base a culture on something that isn't made up?

Yes, you are consciousness. But how do you know consciousness isn't material?

Christian girls are ug-

Attached: a92c4290c846546041ad37589950932b.jpg (736x919, 141K)

I honestly can't think of good replacement. Pragmatism is a pretty idea but doesn't really seem to work.

Ye, was talking about c*tholics, sorry shouldn't have mixed them into a talk about christianity

What about them? You could more easily point to the entire bottom two thirds of Africa to make your flawed point.

He didn't say "I believe all Christian societies are strong", he said he believes Christianity helps to create the strongest societies, and if the historical record is anything to go by he's right to believe that. All the strongest, longest standing, most prosperous nations of the last two millennia have been Christian ones.

Yep, this. Live and let live.

I only have a go at people's beliefs if they are trying to convert me, always respectfully. The last time this happened I got into a discussion about young earth creationism (he started it). Mostly ad hominen attacks on his part. I learnt a lot about how young earth creationists think.

Religion - the Edsel of existential philosophies.

Attached: 58-Edsel_Pacer-Conv-KM-08_RH-07.jpg (1024x691, 328K)

The Protocols of Zion were an IRL shitpost.

This is a really great thread, I bet there is even more than one post by this ID.

>when did you grow out of atheism?
The day the depravity leaves the church is the day I'll stop being an atheist

Attached: Capture (2).jpg (940x1182, 154K)

Because the West happened to be Christian. You're mistaking cause and effect. It's Western values which create good societies, not Christian values. In fact, it's the secular Western values which have proved the strongest, such as freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

Over the coming centuries the West will become less and less religious but will still retain its values, despite what some featmongers here might have you believe. And yes, even if immigration increases.

they're good for getting a grasp on modern politics

When I realized that both atheism and theism teach you that this life doesn't matter. Either because the afterlife is what really counts or because there's no afterlife so it's all pointless. Atheism is naive and thinks logic informs the world prior to values. Theism at least knows values inform the world before logic, but then it throws the world away. Nietzsche's eternal return affirms this life on the basis of values

Burden Of Proof Fallacy, Retard.

this.

Be honest: that's not the reason you're not a Christian. You realize probably more atheists are pedophiles than there are even priests in the world, right?

Take up the shield of faith, to quench all the fiery darts of the enemy

burden of proof is on the one making a claim, I never claimed anything

Very few theologies say that this life doesn't matter

This life does matter a lot to the Christian

Ephesians, god preordained our good works

Never was one. I'm agnostic.

And all God's people said

Attached: amen.jpg (520x520, 29K)

ugh, this argument just needs a small update. christ cucks always say some shit about god cant get rid of evil because of contradictions, or free will or some other shitty cop out.
Replace evil with famine, disease, or natural disasters and this argument becomes rock solid.

>when did you grow out of atheism?

You don't grow out of it, you grow up to it!

Attached: 1505946569862.jpg (536x704, 63K)

Attached: NeckBeard.png (400x400, 277K)

I never really flaunted it, but I used to have an undeserved sense of superiority over religious people. I don't feel that way anymore.

Attached: Dma2qmVUwAAjn_v.jpg large.jpg (1478x1034, 198K)

Checked, how do I get into it?

>Unironic Christfaggots on Jow Forums
Once again more proof that Jow Forums is literally everything old-Jow Forums was against.

Attached: hephaestus.gif (312x321, 33K)