Texanons

Why did he close the gap for Democrats from the last one (2012) so dramatically? I just want to know, what are you seeing where you live?

Attached: 220px-Beto_O'Rourke,_Official_portrait,_113th_Congress.jpg (220x331, 20K)

not to knock his campaigning, he was everywhere but at least for my area montgomery county people just really hate cruz. i know a large handful of people who voted for abbott for governor but either for beto or just didn't vote for senate

So they're just tired of that spic at this point?

yeah pretty much he's kind of a dick, even before he refused to endorse trump at the convention back in 2016 a lot of republicans hated him

Because he’s everything the democrats need and everything they don’t have now. Young, energetic, unites people across race. So glad he lost. Would have been a serious threat.

South Texas was plastered with Beto signs. I had to refill many people that his name is Robert Francis Orourke. 2 groups knocked on my door wearing Beto buttons. Several text messages. His millions in campaign contributions were evident. Noonecould cite his political platform or message though. Its like they were excited, but didn't know why.

I debated voting cruz because he is a fake and a retarded cuck, but sometimes politics is ugly. If we had a good Republican or libertarian alternative Beto wouldn't have gotten so close

What a loser faggot.

Attached: kennedyesque.jpg (320x238, 26K)

He spent $80 million dollars to get 300 thousand more votes than the guy who ran against Cruz in 2012.

Spent $75-100 million on campaign, got the OWLs (Old White Liberals) and the young Austinfag types all frothy, and saturated the Mexi-TV channels with ads. The Progs were going for Obama 2.0 with this guy and chose a beatable candidate as their target. Cruz is not well liked by the establishment Repubs because he primaried their candidate, former Lt. Gov David Dewhurst, who was supposed to inherit the senate seat from Bushy neo-con Kay Bailout Hutchison in 2012. Unfortunately for them, Beto got btfo because he is all hat, no cattle aka total poser.

Attached: hD2aklF.jpg (1242x1541, 236K)

Probably because Cruz turned on Trump after the Primaries. Also, $70 million goes a long way.

Having litterally Multi-hundred million dollars, having the entire Hollywood/media apperatus shill for him, flip flopping on every subject so he supported everything at once, his cultists vandalised every street corner of every patch of grass, and basically he wasted so much money on advertising.

Texas has at most 4 years until it becomes a Democrat stronghold. Its too late, the GOP reps here are either incompetent or traitors that sold out their constituents or cheap labor

>total poser

so is fucking Cruz, never used y'all on Twitter until a week before the election and then used it 50+ times lmao

When you get $70 million to finance your campaign, you can get more votes than the guy who had $20 million. This is pretty simple.

Who said I was for Cruz? Learn to read, fuckwit.

Rich whites worship mammon
Poor whites act more and more like niggers
Middle class whites have retreated from the cities and put their heads in the sand
Orcs everywhere

No shits were given, both my sides of my family were among the old 300, we have lived in this land since before internal combustion and electricity were in widespread use. Whether we fight here or go take somewhere else we will find a way, the traitors and useless/useful idiots can go die with the orcs.

Democracy is a scam, women should never ever have political power, death to the synagogue of satan.

Texas running out of time fast. All of the big cities are extremely liberal now, out of state liberals keep moving in, and white people are dying out. I think 2020 will still be all republican state-wise, but after that we'll be a swing state.

>be Texan
>be invaded by spanish speaking 3rd worlders
>have one for a senator
>never trumper on top of that
El rato doesn't fire up the base

Cruz has been on the Trump train for over a year now.

did the ballots actually call him "Beto"? I thought you had to use your actual legal name on a ballot
BETO more like BTFO amirite?

They just said "Beto O'Rourke" on my ballot.

Too late

He didn't close the gap.

Ted Cruz is becoming unpopular, even among republicans. But even Ted Cruz is better than a Democrat.

If Republicans can get a good candidate to run once Ted retires then the gap will widen once more.

Ted has really fucked up, his election against the President and its aftermath has not helped.

Also I have to add that democrats spent more on this senate race than republicans and they still lost.

Democrats spend over 70 million for beto to lose while Republicans spent 33.5 million.

This guy literally triggered everything I hate about a politician. He basically adopted Obama's speech patterns and "one America" platform and did a poor impression of Obama everywhere he went. I live in San Antonio and these fucking Beto stickers/signs were everywhere. Nobody knew his name a year ago and suddenly he was everywhere. It was amazing to watch how much money was pumped into his campaign. Ted did basically zero advertising and he still won. Beto was an experiment. They were testing if they could beat a well respected senator with the Obama style rhetoric again. To be honest I had fears it would work. But I think its because I live in an inner city shithole and saw more influence for him than anywhere else. Texas will go blue in the next election, I blame Mexicans and Californians. We were once a state of liberty and prosperity and decency. Those days are numbered.

Because he can TOTALLY SHRED ON HIS SICK SKATEBOARD BRAH
I mean... did you see that ollie he did?? Totally radical, dude!

Attached: beto_skate.png (730x720, 475K)

Is it weird that I live in far west Austin and I didn’t receive a single text or any other kind of message about him?

Attached: 9F511E49-72DB-4090-AF71-53421B492709.jpg (550x733, 68K)

Same here. His had zero platform besides far left insane shit and constantly spouted completely infantile nonsense like "we're all texans; let's work together." The fact that he got 48% of the vote is horrifying.

It's the media's fault and was a referendum on Trump. I don't think it had much to do with Ted or Robert. Normal people that don't stay as engaged as we do with politics believe all the faggoty sensationalized pilpul those traitors engage in.

Ted needs to take the hint and start coaching up his replacement for 2024.

Californians

I really don't get how Texans would vote for someone like Cruz, he seems like everything Texans are supposed to hate, a mealymouthed slimy little carpetbagger... and yet here we are.

And yet that's still better than an open borders gun grabber. We didn't have good choices.

But why do you have these choices?

We're demographically fucked and it's not getting better. Aside from that, Ted was kinda cool when he basically singlehandedly btfo a budding AWB discussion after Sandy Hook. It's really been his failed presidential bid and nonstop loud sloppy Israeli dicksucking and harping on about fucking abortion of all things that turned most people off between '12 and '18. I'm ready to primary his ass if he doesn't retire. Get a real Texas First nigga in there.

Who's that though? Honestly, I know Texas is blacked pretty much right now, yet if people like Abbot can survive and be governor there must be something there.

Fuck if I know. There's gotta be some young dick kicker waiting to break into a Senate seat that isn't Cruz or Beta. And yeah, Texas Hotwheels is awesome.

Pretty much just his budget, largest for any senate run ever. Also Trump did some damage to Ted's reputation in the Republican primaries back in 2016. It was detrimental to his image among red voters, probably stifling turnout.

Attached: 1530375400909.jpg (640x500, 65K)

Californians, everywhere. Running away from the Mexicans they voted into California, and now they're trying to vote them into Texas. That and all the number of illegals is getting higher and higher every year.

Attached: 1541548709439.jpg (1200x800, 162K)

Looks like an actor pretending to be Kennedy or something. He's CIA isn't he?

This is the West, not the south.

Trump is a confederate president and we don’t give a shit about the north vs south thing here, our politics are based on libertarianism vs californism.

Our right wingers aren’t a bunch of racists. We have Mexican red necks here. It’s about government, not race, which is why trump under performs out here. He is an east coast guy and we are just different people

Cruz's first name is Rafael and he was Ted Cruz on the ballot, too. Beto was a white guy playing a Latino but Ted Cruz is a spic that's been playing a white person for years. It's really bizarre.

Texas has undergone a lot of demographic change; I think it switched to Majority-Minority in 2000 (or around that year); those people are reaching voting age now.

40% of hispanics voted for Cruz...

That number would be a lot higher if more Hispanics voted. Every single Latino I know is conservative. Their participation numbers are just really low.

I live in San Antonio. I am a conservative young white male, married, and a homeowner inside the city.

Every single day I got a full page color printout to vote Beto in my mailbox. I didn't get a single Cruz letter. Every day I saw vote for Beto signs and lawn endorsements, and very rarely saw Cruz signs.

I went to the debate party for Ted and they asked us kindly to share the lawn signs because they didn't have enough for everyone. We had our viewers party at a nice venue alongside what seemed like a very stern business meeting. Beto had his at a bar named Friendly downtown.

Honestly, I saw Beto with literally zero platform, he just was better liked. Kind of like that cool kid in school that runs on a platform of more recess and less homework for everyone. The real voters know that's impossible, but the idiots are the first to line up for Beto because of how cool he is. He plays drums, and skateboards, and drops F bombs!!!

Cruz was the real politician. Beto was the cool kid. Glad Ted could pull the win, it had me real nervous

70. Million. Dollars.

1996-2017: ~3 million new registered voters
2017-2018: 2.4 million new registered voters
I guess Dems are really good at registering voters in the most important election ever.

(R)

Too many Californians, so much so my libtard sister has a ex-Californian cuck bf. Why don't they go back to the mistake they made? You think they would atleast change their ways but nope.

He spent LITERALLY 100 times more than the last guy, and only got 18% more votes (not 18% of the electorate)
He didn't close the gap
Cruz fell short of his numbers from the previous because he spent the first four years as a senator being a dick and it left a bad taste in people's mouth
I didn't even vote for him for president, and I live here.
The fact that Cruz would have possibly lost to Trump in Texas primary if they were the only two at the time was telling.

Those Trump supporters didn't come around and vote for Ted this time. They stayed home.

As a leftie social democrat even I can see what went down. El Rato is an ugly, weasely little shit who got cucked hard by bad orange man and then bent over and licked the orange hairy butthole. And he's a fucking leaf.
Meanwhile Beto is tall, awkwardly handsome in a disarming way, has a deep comfy voice and is a decent public speaker (although Cruz beat him in debates, but that's the only target the Cruzmissile can hit).
Simply put, Zodiac is a historically weak GOP candidate for Texas and Beto is a historically strong DNC candidate. There's no way Texas turns purple in the next ~15 years, anyone pretending otherwise is delusional.

us millennials don't get it, but Gen Xers and beforehand often adopted "white" names to avoid getting the shit beat out of them
Ted's middle name was Edward, so likely the nickname came from that. (Ed became Ted) His first name is the same as his dad's, and most of the time that means the son goes by the middle name.
Robert Orourk just lived in a Hispanic area, so Hispanic people called him Roberto, and Beto for short.

Beto is a nickname of someone wanting to be adopted by a culture
Ted is a nickname of someone trying to avoid persecution.

More spics came of age and voted for the spic sounding one

Those spics must have low IQs if they think O'rourke is a spic last name.

This. We got stuck with a shit choice. Well, that, and a fuckload of DACA voters to help Beta cheat his way in. Holy-Roller kept the Gov seat easily even though I hear some votes got peeled away from him, but we need voter ID reform really bad here.

Cruz is literally the laughing stock of the GOP. Gets on his knees for Trump at the slightest probation. No one likes him. Texas just has enough country hicks blindly voting Republican to outnumber the people who actually care about having a person with backbone to represent.

That they are low IQ goes without saying.

Trump fatally wounded Ted in 2016

They need to find someone for Texas because he won't win next time. He needs to be the next SCOTUS pick or something.

Because Beto isn't a Rat Canadian.

Attached: DqdEbW3X4AcKmMH.jpg (749x969, 87K)

Cruz seems like a reminder that you need someone willing to horsetrade with the political establishment, not burn bridges.

Like I said in another topic I flip out when someone tries to claim Beto is a moderate. It's so WAR-IS-PEACE it's not even funny and I want to make more of them squirm and realize they're peddling bullshit when they claim that. And yeah, your state will coast for 10-20 years before the democratic policies fuck it up and turn it into California 2.0.

It's already basically purple. Cruz's ratio to win was on the level of other states that can flip. That's what concerns me, Democrats keep safe guaranteed slave states and Republicans have to compete and risk basically everything.

I should appreciate more my progressive californian friend who says she wouldn't want/be able to move anywhere else since she's such a California snob. Let her stay in that burning dumpster. I wish more californians would.

Here's the map of Trump's Texas win vs. Cruz's Texas win.
As you can see the Republican vote only went down by about 2%, the Democrat vote just increased. Meaning, it's unlikely that Trump voters were dissuaded from voting for Cruz; Third party and non-voters most likely led to the Dem. gains
Interesting to note contrary to what implied, South Texas got redder.

Attached: trump vs cruz.png (1132x542, 70K)