Gianforte (R) won Montana's single House seat with 51.2% to 46%, and Jon Tester (D) won the senate race 50.1% to 47%...

Gianforte (R) won Montana's single House seat with 51.2% to 46%, and Jon Tester (D) won the senate race 50.1% to 47%. Can someone who split their vote please explain why to me? I honestly can't understand the mentality. Jon Tester is no Joe Manchin, he is a legit left-liberal democrat.

Attached: montana-state-map.jpg (660x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y8IIBddSKew
youtube.com/watch?v=KQwu4wff7lI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Montana is somewhat libertarian but since they exist in a system dominated by the two major parties, they go with whoever they like best rather than by party loyalty. They've also elected Democrats as governor.

"EARLY Voting"
Dead people voted for him. Democrats cheat.

Not true. Ask anyone in Montana. Most people vote Republican. They just have a shitty voter registration system that democrats have taken advantage of the past decade.
Fraudulent elections that people are too stupid to contest.

>They've also elected Democrats as governor.
Governor elections don't matter in states with homogeneous populations. West Virginia elects democrat governors, Vermont elects Republican governors, big deal. I'm talking about national politics, where candidates actually vote along party lines.
>they go with whoever they like best rather than by party loyalty.
So you're saying they don't know how politics works?

fpbp, montana is a strange place

Tester is a farmer from Montana, who gives gibs to farmers and veterans. Also farmers actually like illegal immigrants(!) Rosendale is a jew-name having faggot from Maryland.
I haven't figured out why anyone supports GiantFarte, who did bodyslam a judenpressester, but is a fishing access blocking prick from Jersey. But his opponent was a woman.

montana white voters are more left than in anywhere in the midwest. republicans only won elections there because the diversity didnt reach west coast levels. yet

>Also farmers actually like illegal immigrants
Then why would they all vote for Trump?

but the worst thing in this election was 65% of the voters letting prisoners vote in florida

this just made florida left-wing forever

also it's more likely people voted for major party candidate in one race and the libertarian in the other, as opposed to people voting one D and one R

because they love gibs

Attached: welfare gibs3.jpg (960x684, 105K)

that's the bodyslam guy from last time, right?

I don't know, my family voted for Gianforte and Breckenridge, there's alot of 'Independent's out in Montana, we are the most Libertarian state in the country I think

Both got over 50%, so mathematically there had to be split ticket voters.

yeah, not all. i think illegal farm workers is a small but growing issue in montana. that was an overgeneralization by (me). but they DO like their federal gibs and their medicare.

Gianforte, yes.

Yeah, Kathleen Williams is a leftist Californian, she never stood a chance

Because Libertarians are fucking morons. Probably need to kill all of them first before we can actually have a chance to stop the left. Libertarians do nothing but fuck shit up.

huh i suppose thats right, unless there were people who only voted on one race and left the other blank? not sure how thats counted.

Total retards

I dunno, it was only Gary Johnson's 5th best state in 2016

Because stupid white trash in redneck states are niggers tier does that clear it up for you?

And still not nearly as big of a clown as Rob Quist. Shit like this makes me think the demos must in all seriousness be trying to throw MT, which is like, why?, unless they are really part of a coordinated monoparty geeping the goyim neatly divided and well polarized into red and blue teams.

Fair enough, although 5th best is still pretty high

>Shit like this makes me think the demos must in all seriousness be trying to throw MT
I felt the same way with the democrats in Utah. They ran a transsexual grocery bagger in the 2016 senate race. They would've known that that shit wouldn't fly in Utah.

I'm a Montana voter. One of the largest industries in the state is agriculture. Jon Tester is pretty big on agricultural subsidies so a lot of farmers and ranchers vote for him. Add Missoula and Bozeman to the coalition of agricultural subsidy voters, and you get democrats. The state actually has a very long history of voting democrat. So yes while we are pretty culturally libertarian, a lot of our industry is addicted to government handouts.

I always saw it as a place where there's beautiful country, low population, and where the Whites and Indians are widely seperated, so we've created some of the best communities in the nation, and after ruining their state with taxation and diversity, they've started to flood us like refugees, along with their dumb ideas like Williams or Quist is a good candidate in Montana

Although you might be right in that they're just trying to keep us polarized into our red and blue teams too

Montanans pride themselves on their rustic individualism, and their dicks get hard for shit like ticket-splitting. That, and Tester talked about Montana all day every day, whereas the other guy ran more of a "if you like Trump, vote for me" campaign. Tester was Captain Montana, wants shit for Montana, healthcare for Montana, important to that part of Montana, the folks in Montana. "Don't fuck this up for Trump" is a compelling message, but not compelling enough in the face of "Montana is so special that it needs Montana solutions and I'm Montana, you're Montana, this election is Montana only Montana can Montana this Montana Montana Montana vote Montana."

Reasonable people don't do something as ridiculous as live in Montana. Splitting the ticket lets you jerk yourself off about how you're not beholden to anybody but yourself, a real independent thinker.

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.22.10 PM.png (154x189, 55K)

Did you split your ticket?

>Reasonable people don't do something as ridiculous as live in Montana.
Good analysis, but I think I would like living there.

I live in Montana and dont even want to explain it.

the electorate is naive and stupid

I voted for Rosendale in the senate race, even though I really hate him. But I voted for Swanson in the house race.

nah senpai.. tester won cause of Missoula, helena and Bozeman thats not agriculture

Montanais full of Jews

Incorrect

Gary Johnson is a Libertarian but not a libertarian. The capitalization matters.

its not.. there are a few but its not that many.. its more of the swede and irish genes

welp, never underestimate the stupidity factory - it very well could be that the state democrats were taken over by busybody californians who really thought it could work.

My glasseth. You broke my glasseth!

What makes me angry is this video. You can see when Tester starts talking about Trump and someone in the crowd says, "You beat him!" Then Jon Tester nods and winks. You can see the slimeball being secretly happy that he got away with fooling half the population again.
youtube.com/watch?v=y8IIBddSKew

Eh. If you look at it county wise, Missoula, Gallatin, and Silverbow were Tester's strongest. However there is a huge stretch of slightly red counties on the east side with some slightly blue counties on the east side. So yeah the cities carried him, but he did good for himself in the big ranching counties.

I think he might just be blinking, he kind of blinks weird the whole video, like sweat's falling in his eyes. But yeah, you see what I'm talking about. After that, he's instantly into the "Montanans spoke loud and clear about the direction they want Montana to go, and the direction of our state, and I want the President to come back blahblahblah challenges we have."

Dude just talked about Montanans making decisions for Montana. He knew that Montanans are so in love with their own dicks that they were not excited about nationalizing the race. Trump and the Republican strategy was all about Trump, helping Trump in DC, whereas he did everything he could to keep Montanans focused on Montana, to forget about the country and focus on all Montana issues, who's best for Montana. It's dumb because he's not running for Governor, the job is in Washington DC, so you probably should look at national politics when you're making up your mind, but fucking Montana retards are retarded. Trump made the mistake of thinking they love him more than they love jerking themselves off about Montana, and they let Tester dominate the Montana conversation. Even though it's a race for the Senate, they let him get away framing it as a local Montana race, which let him sneak away with a narrow victory and go fuck around in DC, screwing around with Schumer for six years and doing literally nothing for Montana.

Even before I though that he was winking, I still thought his face had a look like, "Hehe, yeah we tricked them again, but I can't look too happy about it or they'll figure it out."

> It's dumb because he's not running for Governor, the job is in Washington DC
I know, that's what frustrates me so much about these races. People in Vermont figured it out; they can elect Republican governor's, but would never elect a Republican senator because they know that goes against their vision for the country.

montana isn't the midwest faggit and if you count all the indians it's not as white as Jow Forumsly imagines. injuns don't sober up early enough to vote tho.

In Montana,voted straight red. Pretty sure Testor has trouble with economics because he can't high enough without his missing fingers. Not sure why GOP ran someone not even from here, its like they wanted to lose.

Kek

sums it up perfectly. also montanans are stupid and forget that tester lives on the dc cocktail party circuit. you can't expect much from a people that pronounce fag as fayg.

I looked it up, and Montana is the 5th non-Hispanic whitest state.

kek, I would probably agree with him on economics, but still a good burn

Vote splitting is fairly common nationwide.

It's how deep red presidential states get Dem representatives in Washington and on the state level.

It's also how some blue states end up with Republican governors and legislatures.

The democrats cheat the computers

Attached: Screenshot_20181101-011934.png (720x1280, 304K)

>It's how deep red presidential states get Dem representatives in Washington and on the state level.

Uh, you know there are liberal and conservative parts of every state, right? That you can have counties dominated by Republicans and other counties dominated by Democrats in a state largely dominated by one or the other? Even in the safest of blue states there are safe red districts, it's just how it works.

He's referring to statewide elections though.

Tester's campaign played on the East Coast Plutocrat stereotype very well. There is also a thread of "real" Montana's versus outsiders. Outsiders are people like Ted Kaczynski, Elizabeth Prophet, and Jeanette Rankin. There is no shortage of outside people coming to Montana to run away or hide from something, or to bamboozle or rob the yokels. Most don't stay because the locals have a flinty skeptical quality and the harsh stingy climate adds too it.

Makes sense, they would have been better off running a local.

daily reminder that californians are moving to Montana and your democrats are basically republicans anyway

>its like they wanted to lose
now we're down the rabbit hole, user. the masters of the universe don't want things getting \emph{too} lopsided in the senate, after all.

>>Left
>>Liberal

Choose one. Liberalism is right-wing.

Classical Liberals are Libertarians
Modern Liberals are Neoliberals

Both are right wing.

fuck off canadian retard

>Liberalism is right-wing.
No, it's not. Left and right wing refer to the seating arrangements of the assembly at the French Revolution. Monarchists sat on the right, revolutionaries (including your "classical liberal" ancestors) sat on the left.
You can redefine it for all I care, but at that point it's just an empty label that takes up space on the screen.

yeah where aren't californians moving?

what state will californians not ruin?

Attached: 1541218873810.gif (339x338, 1.81M)

the real question is how tf did the republicans who, according the Jew York Times, were in such massive disarray manage to keep democrats taking the majority by 5 seats?

this is just what happens. The president's party falls asleep because they've already won so they don't feel a pressing need to vote. in some sense, it might be good that Trump lost the house for his 2020 bid, despite it being objectively bad that the house is now Republican minority.

democrats expected a blue wave of 60+ seats, flipped half that and lost almost all of their key races against the republicans. 2020 should be an interesting election. trump is going to have to deliver something major in order to stave off total defeat. and he's going to have to do it without the House.

7th Gen Montana rancher here. Elections come down to personality here, republican parents met Tester at some point and thought he was a nice guy and similar enough to them and voted for him every year except the midterms because of Kavanaugh. Nobody wanted to have a beer with Rosendale and Gianforte only won bonus points because he body slammed that ponce from the Guardian. Very common that as a resident of the state you will have met the representatives, worked for Gianforte and he showed me his walk in freezer filled exclusively with game meat. Didn't think we had much in common.

Attached: TeeBar Horses @ Haystack.jpg (1728x1152, 486K)

Liberalism is objectively left wing.

"The political terms "Left" and "Right" were coined during the French Revolution (1789–1799), referring to the seating arrangement in the French Estates General: those who sat on the left generally opposed the monarchy and supported the revolution, including the creation of a republic and secularization,[6] while those on the right were supportive of the traditional institutions of the Old Regime."

"Inspired by liberal and radical ideas, the Revolution profoundly altered the course of modern history, triggering the global decline of absolute monarchies while replacing them with republics and liberal democracies."

The French revolution was liberal, and those who supported the revolution sat on the left side. Therefore, liberalism is left-wing.

Q.E.D.
and
B.T.F.O.
You will never recover.

Attached: bottomless.jpg (645x729, 41K)

I live in MT, fucking fight me

>thought he was a nice guy and similar enough to them
That's how they fool you. Talks real smooth, and then votes for your destruction.

Fucking lolbertarians costing us a red win.

>So you're saying they don't know how politics works?
Isn't it taken to be a fact that most people don't know how politics works?

Don’t forget all the Indians are segregated off into their rural reservations though

Conservatives beat liberals by 5%.

Montanans beat carpetbaggers by 4%.

Gianforte and Williams were both transplants. As such their campaign was about the issues. Tester is from Montana and Rosendale is from Maryland. As such their campaign was about who was born where. It's stupid, but it sways elections.

Attached: Tester Fat.jpg (750x422, 73K)

A "level-headed" candidate haha

Liberalism is left wing. Don't bullshit us.

Attached: Mel Bradford Equality of Opportunity and Condition.png (404x499, 111K)

I voted for Rosendale, but he's an East Coast rich guy who hasn't lived in Montana very long and can't even pronounce the name of the state correctly. Tester's family has been here for generations, even though he's a liberal shithead. That means something.

Tester's also tried to prevent the sell-off of public lands to outsiders, and by that I mean Californians.

Stone Cold Greg Gianforte OTOH is very popular here because of the smackdown he laid on that faggot Guardian reporter, and Kathleen Williams was pro gun control.

Rosendale should have beat up someone.

It's a funny video
youtube.com/watch?v=KQwu4wff7lI

Butte was cool, I shall return.