How's your martial art's training going? What are you thinking of taking up? Or just concealed carry is enough?

How's your martial art's training going? What are you thinking of taking up? Or just concealed carry is enough?

Attached: download (16).jpg (225x225, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1makQSONg
youtube.com/watch?v=ACk3wujWrNo
youtube.com/watch?v=6R-m1U20XMI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vyyrpjm49hA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5kt9nBWQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

actually I am TBE, screencap this post

Both are good. As long as the martial art has some actual impact of sense if urgency. Wrestling, judo, jiu-jitsu, boxing, muay thai, kickboxing, take your pick. Just apply yourself as you train. And CC is always good. It’s just some countries are cucked as fuck in that regard

I'm doing bjj and muay thai. Atm I fucked up my elbow so I'm recovering. I also do some Krav Maga on the side, just to be reminded of what to look for in a street fight.

If a low IQ dumbshit ever tries to go in low, snap your knee hard at their face or their chest when they rush in. People who have no hands will always try to go in low and grapple.

nunchucks are good, I have a fedora with a razor sharp brim. I can twirl it off my head and kill a man.

Yes, because that's what they do in the UFC too. You never see a double or a single leg takedown, right? There's no such thing as setting up your takedown with a high attack, right?
Fuck off, retard.

>I'm doing bjj and muay thai.

*tips*

Do you have any better suggestions? Other than "mastering the katana", or the burger toss?

Attached: la-sp-sn-david-lemieux-curtis-stevens-canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-20160505.jpg (2048x1521, 489K)

Wrestling is usually better than BJJ in a streetfight scenario since you dont want to really be on your back on asphalt/pavement, which is the dominant position in bjj. But good to know

Muay thai > kickboxing, though boxing over both of those since throwing kicks in street fight scenario is overly risky and boxing hours will develop your hands much more than muay thai hours. Though I favor muay thai regardless for the art and aetsthetic/etc, and also because boxing is a fake sport for fags

Judo, wrestling, and boxing is what I'd pick though

bjj has takedowns and throws as well, but I get your point. Bjj gyms usually focus too little on the takedown part. I still prefer judo to wrestling, though. As far as kicks go, you are going to have kicks in street fights. Whether it's risky or not depends on the kick and on the attacker. You don't decide how they attack. As long as you don't try to throw some crazy high kick or some spinning shit, and keep it medium to low (body, thighs, knees), you'll be fine.

Boxing? unless you are able to KO a dude in the first seconds, they're going to close the gap and start throwing elbows, maybe do a throw or two.

>jiu jitsu
Very little application to multiple attackers. Throws can be better learnt through Judo and Wrestling, you have no business being on your back or even on top of someone in a street situation.
>Or just concealed carry is enough?
it's the only language the nigger knows.

>dominant position in bjj
I disagree, I'd still say full mount is dominant in bjj. Kimura, Americana, Armbar, head-and-arm triangle, high mount triangle, mike tyson ear rape, licking their ear and telling them you'll fuck them after you're done with their wife. You get the gist.

>Very little application to multiple attackers
This is a fucking meme. The very fact that it says "multiple", instead of giving you an actual number is an indicator. 2, 3, 4, 5, 10? How many, and what martial art actually prepares you to deal with those? Grappling, and being able to control an opponent's posture and positioning can help in some cases of multiple opponents, because you can use one as some kind of temporary defense against the others. But your best chance in case of being attacked by several people is to fucking run. Obviously, the location matters as well. If it's an open space, run. If there are some walls, some narrow corridors or some shit like that so you can make it more difficult for them to surround you could, in principle, do something.

I broke my leg a couple months ago, and I've decided that one I get healed I am going to get back to working out so I can regain my muscle. I am going to take up a martial art.

I want to be able to protect myself and do well in a fight if it comes down to it. I am sick of feeling unsure as to what would happen if a fight broke out in a public space.

I am thinking muay thai, what would be the best for me? I am 28 btw, is that too late to start?

I dunno if something as brutal to the shins as muay thai is something youd wanna do *right* after your leg heals, but go for it user, not too late and would be fun/rewarding

no, it's not. It's never too late, desu. You;d still be better than most. I'm 36 and I started doing this when I was 30. There are MMA fighters in their 40s. Don't worry, go for it. Either way, you'd be in a better position than 90% of those that lack the discipline to keep up with it, which includes every single numale out there.

Any fighting style that promotes going to the ground will get you kicked in the fucking head by a 2nd attacker. Only works against single opponents.

Then maybe..
>back up?
Outrageous i know

Thanks for the tip. I had some plates and screws put in but the docs tell me it will be as strong as before once it heals.Obviously I am going to take several months to regain my strength and not push too fast. I'll be able to put weight on my leg in a couple weeks, so I'll get started in mid/late 2019 fighting. Thanks.

Thanks bro, not looking to become a pro or anything. Just have the confidence that I can fight if anything happens. Thankfully I have never been in a situation where I felt like i absolutely had to fight, but I want to know my skills and limitations if that time ever comes.

i only do yoga

i have two black belts, one in Eyejabsu and the other in Kikabollockoff
Pretty effective. Although i am having trouble finding sparring partners recently

not very good. im a skinny guy and its alway been a struggle to start training and eating enough food.

a past of depresion, drug use and isolation hasnt made it easier. The last year ive been on and off with training losing whatever gains i made. 4 days ago though i started traning and eating again after several months off.

Eating enough is the real fucking pain for me desu. Im used to starving myself and eating only when im super hungry. But now im on day 4 with all meals eaten and the traning done.

im determined to go through with it now before its too late to change my body.

when i turn this shit into habit i wil start training martial arts.

Here are some basics.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1makQSONg

youtube.com/watch?v=ACk3wujWrNo

And here's a kickboxer vs a jiu jitsu guy. My dude, you talk shit.

3 punch combo would do it, punches in bunches, lead punch at throat or liver or balls first.
with bare hands always target the soft spots, an most importantly pivot, in/out or sidestep with the combo so flaying hands cant grab you. The important thing is to get away from training and not target someone's jaw, temple or behind the ear. This applies to elbows as well, first one might connect and split open someone's face but that elbow bone itself starts to split and shatter real quick unless you've trained muay thai and impact with the lower forearm muscle and kind of let the elbow bone slide into the impact. Hitting with a firm open hand is way safer and easier to defend yourself legally, as you weren't punching but trying to push away. Open hand strikes to the nose are great, that stuff about bone pushing into the brain is bullshit, it just makes someone's eyes water constantly so they can't see you.

Outside of sport striking is striking, whether muay thai, karate or boxing its all the same, if someone can take a 3 hit combo from a trained fighter and still stand, well you better be ready for some action Jack because you got some real trouble on your hands.

I still believe after a gun the best self defence tool is a heavy strong hi lux torch. Cops and security carry those D battery fuckers for a reason. They're legal to carry on yourself and in your car. SHINE that in someone's eye's and they won't be able to attack you, the vision takes too long to recover, even in daylight and if they're insistent on violence the heavy torch makes an excellent club.

ive been watching some ufc while drinking beer and eating pizza

Because you wouldn't go to the ground, you would do some shaolin kung fu like you saw in the movies and kill them and their families with a tiger claw strike to their mind's eye. IF THERE ARE MORE ATTACKERS YOU DON'T GO TO THE GROUND! D'OOOOH!!

Here's how you deal with multiple attackers, from grapplers.
youtube.com/watch?v=6R-m1U20XMI

youtube.com/watch?v=Vyyrpjm49hA

Oh here we go.
The martial artist who calls everybody else shit.
>never seen one of them before.
Calm your boots old man, go back to your bullshido before you have a heart attack.

Attached: image.jpg (261x323, 25K)

For sure those BGayGay videos from reddit are an accurate depiction of real fights.

I did a little bit of tae kwon do but have more experience in kendo

kendos good stuff, the stick you swing teaches you a lot. you exert energy into stick, stick exerts energy into you, the relationship between you and said stick builds. good relationship leads to cleaner cuts and less energy wasted, bad relationships lead to you getting slit open

My bad, young bucko! I'll go back to my bullshido! you sure showed me kiddo! I learned my lesson! When I encounter multiple attackers I'm going to do the floss dance.

>When I encounter multiple attackers I'm going to do the floss dance.

Would probably work.

From those videos you posted i'm pretty sure you'd force them to put on gloves first

Attached: image.jpg (1386x988, 160K)

>tae kwon do since I was a little kid, can actually throw crazy shit like jumping front snap kicks and roundhouses and crescent kicks
>grappling since I was like 8
>full-contact sparring since early childhood
>martial arts autism persisted into middle school, continued doing drills, seeking out sparring partners, and looking into everything from CMA's to pankration
>so fucking crazy and autistic that I actually did hand-conditioning exercises starting when I was like 12
>hardened the bones in my hands and fingers against phonebooks, rice, wood, concrete, steel shot, and eventually just straight-up metal, made my hands scraped up and bloody
>did every surface of my hand from my palms to my fingertips, somehow never broke a bone
>boxing with full-contact sparring in high school and college
>heavy/speed bag drills and conditioning exercises/shadowboxing at 3 in the morning, on the toilet, on walks, in the car, at my desk, on the treadmill, for years
>hundreds of pushups, situps, forms, drills, and just punches and kicks, in my room, watching TV, when I woke up, at 3 AM, multiple times a week, for almost 20 years
>they say it takes it takes 7 years to fully master something
>I've done that twice over, and then some, with punching people and reacting to punches
>there is no fucking substitute for the sheer muscle memory I'm working with, confident I could stomp the average dude and probably at least surprise somebody competent
>CC and knife too because why wouldn't you
I'm like Bruce fucking Lee.

One video is from Rener Gracie, of the Gracie family, you know, the guys that actually started BJJ. The other is from Dean Lister, MMA fighter (light heavyweight and currently middleweight) and also BJJ, Sambo and wrestling practitioner (has won some championships in each). But I suppose they're amateurs and do not compare with a lard ass on a mongolian basket weaving board.

>im like bruce lee
Dead?

Not yet, but I'm getting there with the rest of us.

The real strength of Muay Thai in a street fight are elbows and clinch. Knowing how to grapple while standing is invaluable, as most fights end up as grapples. Throwing quick knockout/cutting elbows and headbutts from close range is invaluable. I also recommend training a stiff jab.

Attached: 1507847847633.jpg (640x358, 44K)

The amount that just grabbing somebody and hockeypunching them works is actually a little nuts if you think about it.

>a stiff jab
Best close fisted punch for fighting.
> clinch
99.9% of people will not be able to take a single solid knee in a clinch. Also the neck manipulation is great for control especially against the unaware.

If you want a real combat martial art look for Togakure Ryu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. 1000 year unbroken lineage, real combat art proven and developed in over 900 years of Japanese civil war.

Attached: 4676bf6c86e14aa78ee64eb85f9be173.jpg (453x700, 99K)

Throw a punch like that in the street and kiss your pinky knuckle goodbye.

Protip: hit a heavy bag at the bottom with your bare knuckles. Break both your pinkies and don't reset them. Let them heal like that. Once they're healed start punching hard shit again. This is the only way to have stupid explosive, bone breaking punches that you can actually throw in street fights.

Absolutely. Hair, too. Whatever helps with holding someone's head down and delivering cuffs to the neck and brain stem is A+ in my book

The middle dude looks straight out of a movie poster, amazing.

Me? I'm pretty sure I can KO or kill the average person with my barehands --- I strictly mean average though, not particularly strong people. Against someone actually strong I could probably force a stalemate or at least seriously injure them if it were a real fight. Otherwise, I have a LONG way to go and don't mean to sound cocky. I'm stronger than I've ever been and have killer instincts for fighting, so I do have some pride at least, despite no professional training.

But if I knew I was walking into a serious battle with more than one person, I'd either avoid it or bring a weapon. Really need to get a gun and CC permit. Being a showboat is pointless; winning a fight is meaningless if I walk away with permanent damage I didn't have to take.

Open palms are an option. You lose some range, but you can go for the age old eye jab too, if you miss. Not willing to break pinkies, desu.

You can't drop a skull-breaking elbow in UFC iirc. If someone tried a takedown on you IRL, a few center strikes with your elbow could ruin them for life.

>But if I knew I was walking into a serious battle with more than one person, I'd either avoid it or bring a weapon.
This

Any martial art that includes full contact sparring as a fundamental part of the training is good, the most important thing you can learn is not to go immediatelly into shock when some nigger sucker punches you in the face to play the good old knockout game. I do boxing.

I quit BJJ over a year ago now.
I ran out of money and I haven't been able to go back.
NEET life sometimes sucks.

Go ahead and fuck around with palm shit and see how much it still hurts and how ineffective it is. You need to toughen up your hands wrists, and elbows. The most common injuries in fights are hand/knuckle breaks.

If you can't afford a heavy bag, phone books are a good substitute. Tape them to a tree/pole and practice your shit. Most men couldn't actually throw an effective punch with knockout power to save their life, and they'll fail to do just that if the time ever comes.

If you get that close to me I'm not fucking around with elbows anymore. Your eyeballs are getting ripped out and thrown in the street and I'm knifing you in the ear canal.

I absolutely agree. I was just training a new guy today that had to sit down after I put a 50% knee on him through a belly pad. Most of the population just doesn't know what to do when a big shot comes at them, they have zero fight time. And getting neck control on someone and whipping them into a parking meter just isn't something they can conceive of.

Fight time and getting used to shots flying at you is essential

Ive taken karate, taekwando, judo, wrestling, played foobaw, and basketball, and boxing along with that ive learned some pressure point skills and how to manipulate tendons and blood chokes.

conceal carry has been banned in my country when the german run this land, sadly.
It never returned
So instead it's wing chun for me

impressive, if 100% true.

This

Hollywood and chinky movies have ruined fighting for people.
99% of people have literally zero idea of what fights actually are.
There's a good youtube video of a trained fighter fighting in a carpark unloading leg kicks onto some goobers.
He's relaxed, no mouthiness, no chest out bullshit, just relaxed delivery and awareness.
He wrecks the other guys.

So you should probably learn "cheap shots" solar plexus, throat, e6es, groin knees, also learning leverage.

Thai clinch can be crucial saw a guy demonstrate it taking on 3 people

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5kt9nBWQk

All fights seem to run a huge risk of permanent damage

People forget that in SHTF shootouts, you're pretty much dead if a limb gets hit and infected

Post a link at least

Seriously dont fight me becquse im doing this shit ebmven if youre antifa huge lips vvaginena gril

It's true. They all teach that if you ball up your first and swing as hard as you can, you knock out the bad guy and fuck the damsel in distress. It was an interesting lesson the first day in the gym, realizing that throwing my hardest shot at mother fuckers training 20+ hours a week would just piss them off before they killed me.

>The real strength of Muay Thai in a street fight are elbows and clinch.
No, nobody knows what to do the second you get your hands on the back of their neck. Throw a knee if you get there and it's done, but have fun closing the gap.