Fraternities

Aside from the stereotypical hard partying and drinking, is joining a fraternity redpilled?
>100+ years of tradition
>teaches young men how to dress
>literally some of the founding fathers and many great presidents were part of fraternities at one point
>conservative/traditional values

Attached: 0F1F84D3-00FB-45D3-8A60-07894026D28D.jpg (726x570, 296K)

>Aside from the shit that makes a fraternity a bunch of degenerated faggots
Think you answered your own question, why not just be all that other shit on your own, and you can do it for free, without paying to sleep with other fags.

Depends on the fraternity, as in the individual chapter.

I joined one and it was based heavily on freemasonry. It’s basically just the stuff you listed though - partying and drinking

>paying to sleep with other fags.
this goes against European tradition, all Europeans wish they were queer Spartans

Hardly redpilled. Most value drinking, partying, and hookup culture. Friendships can be made, but your average dude initially joins for the partying lifestyle, not to establish lifelong brotherly ties. Although those can happen, they are not a priority for the group, AND you're expected to pay for it.

Myself, I rushed and crossed over, made friends, but when dues came, I didn't pay, as there were some "cool" guys who were a part of the frat but didn't pay a dime because they were well liked.

I still have some of those friendships today. All in all, save your money, but no need to say no to networking or a fun time.

>Most value drinking, partying, and hookup culture.

you have to wonder whether the association is natural or more social engineering.

dismantling fraternities (in the more general sense of the word) is a big priority for tptb. any goal-oriented group, particularly one composed of intellectually capable males will be targeted.

it's easy to understand why veterans miss the sense of camaraderie they had during their service. nothing could be more natural than working as part of a group to (ostensibly) defend your people and accomplish something important. then after they get this feeling they come home and get a strange sense of disconnectedness.

I was in one briefly, dropped out of Uni quickly tho because I disliked the subject I chose, so only spent little time with them
They're mostly conservative/right-wing tho, unlike most of the extreme-left retards at Uni
And yes, dk how it is in other countries (I assume its the same), but here you do get in touch with a lot of history and traditions there, so it might be worth it
However its a very direct binding and if you wanna become a permanent member you'll have numerous obligations, so there's that too

They all like suck each others dicks and fondle their balls and stuff. Seems gay as fuck.

people form groups but there's no goal. nothing important to do.

if you look at ww2 vets, they did all sorts of things like this. they established clubs, motorcycle gangs, etc. they missed the camaraderie and the feeling of common purpose and common interest. the feeling of doing something important. our modern society is engineered to suppress this instinct at all costs. that's why it's such a shock to veterans when they come back. because there's nothing important to do. it's all fake. all a control mechanism.

I believe it to have been engineered, and such values have become the standard and expected, so the engineering is no longer visible but still drives these groups to embrace these values. It is now an endless cycle of degeneracy, and that's just one aspect of college. The curriculum and teaching core is similar in its motive and means.

>men doing stuff together
>Hurr dats gay!

Attached: ADBE599B-D2A7-4730-B07F-4B1452BC5CB6.jpg (588x823, 41K)

it wouldn't be too hard to fix if anyone gave a shit or recognized the problem. everyone understands the concept of a "bad influence", how did this happen? it's disappointing how easily people are manipulated.

>all masculine tendencies stem from emotional insecurity

no they don't. Are you a fucking retard?

It strongly depends on the fraternity.
We have one here in Amsterdam where newcomers died out of embarrassment and drinking too much.
We also have a fraternity where neighbours called the cops on them because they were playing Hitler speeches and sieging heil.

obviously they don't. it's the psychological trick behind some of their favorite one-liners like "cock substitute".

>We also have a fraternity where neighbours called the cops on them because they were playing Hitler speeches and sieging heil
Based as fuck. Is that illegal to do in private in the Netherlands?

You would think so, but they don't see the hookup, partying, drinking culture as a problem or a bad influence. I'm not a fan of equating memes to real life, but really at that age most are NPC's who can't critically think as they don't know how the real world works.

Some break the conditioning after a time and focus on family and civic duty. The majority I know never left college. No end goal, starting a family, or legacy in sight. Just instead of going to class they go to work. It's quite sad really

Burden of proof.
Bunch of neighbours in a Jewish city, versus 200 men and women who are loyal to the law.
But yes it's legal to do this in private. Geert Wilders made a joke about kicking out Moroccans at a private setting and got convicted for hate speech because "it was a public setting I swears".

>it's legal to do this in private
Nice. We're more alike than different, my tulip friend.

>
why do fraternities enjoy sticking things up their buttholes? It's basically a precursor to middle-aged faggotry

>You would think so, but they don't see the hookup, partying, drinking culture as a problem or a bad influence

of course they don't. it's as you said, drinking and partying are impressed upon them as a social norm, so that's what they do. everyone tries to "fit in". it's a basic imperative that almost all humans have. if you tell them they're supposed to party and get shitfaced every weekend they will. alcohol, drugs and sex are reinforcing habits and that's what makes the culture difficult to change. it's almost impossible to change if it's being actively encouraged by the media.

and the real problem isn't so much sex and drugs, but the tricks they play with group psychology. everyone knows drugs and partying are bad for you, but they don't understand the bigger picture.

they don't care so much what people do on an individual basis. but you and one hundred like-minded people could be a bigger issue. that's 100 brains and 100 bodies, and if they're not liquored up they might actually accomplish something.

I'm in a fraternity at a college in the south east. No there isn't any gay shit. Yes we do drink often and do drugs. That being said fraternities are the last bastion of conservative white men on my campus. I guarantee anyone that holds conservative values that is a geed is an extremely small minority on my campus

*lights joint*
So yeah...
*takes a big suck*
I'm telling you dude...
*Exhales slowly*
Us guys right here...
*Suuuuuuuck*
Even the black ones...
*Exhaaaaale*
We're the real conservatives...
Maaaaaan

Attached: Nigga blew a dick.jpg (539x545, 97K)

>of course they don't. it's as you said, drinking and partying are impressed upon them as a social norm, so that's what they do. everyone tries to "fit in". it's a basic imperative that almost all humans have.

and herein lies the rub. you can't simply tell kids not to do what their peers are doing. their hands are tied, they *have* to do what their peers are doing or at least find a clique where they roughly fit in. otherwise they grow up to be deranged loners.

and this isn't something past generations had to think about very much. society was still fairly well-integrated and well-adjusted. they took things like this for granted.

perhaps that's why these things are obvious to me but completely lost upon otherwise more intelligent individuals. or maybe those who are more intelligent are all in on the joke and people like me who are merely above average simply don't make the cut.

my iq is probably not even 95th percentile. there are a lot of people who are a lot smarter than me. i always have to remember this. maybe what it has taken me a few years to figure out is very obvious to these people.

My ex was in a sorority and I asked her how she felt about paying to hangout with people, at best she attempted to explain it's about making contacts or some shit none of which will work out longterm. Seems kinda retarded but fun at the same time. I go to a big SEC school and see all the fratbros in their Sperry's and Vineyard Vines tees throwing a dip in they look like they're issued all of it kinda funny.

Attached: 1467639930833.png (1074x1070, 1.37M)

>paying to hangout with people

oy vey, don't pool your money goys.

this is another good one-liner i hear every so often. i could write a whole essay on these: "one-line wonders in propaganda"

Is it not true? Would you hang with half the people in them otherwise?

chapter 1: "if you don't vote, you can't complain". encourages emotional investment and discourages objective analyses and criticism.

i'm not part of a frat, i simply respect the concept of fraternity. communal resources like a frat house cost money. are you paying to hang out when you go to a bar and buy drinks?

They're recruitment schemes for secret societies.

Currently in a fraternity. Only did it because it was cheaper to pay dues and live in the frat house than it was to live on-campus.

I think I would have rather paid more to live on campus.

Greek life becomes a chore. You're mandated to attend events, or you'll be fined. Everything involves fines. It's the go-to punishment. That, and suspension hearings. Nobody is actually your friend. It is 100% ran like a business. You may drink and bullshit together every Thursday, but at the end of the day - they would vote to suspend or fine you just for breaking some stupid fucking standing rule.

I'm almost out of this shit. Wish I never joined. When I was a freshmen, the older brothers were cool as fuck. Now that I'm the oldest brother with the highest roster number - I hate everyone. The quality of our members has plummeted. They're all fucking liberal degenerates. I walk on eggshells around the house because everyone is a sensitive little faggot.

We had an alumnus brother "rape" (massive quotes) a girl at one of our parties, AND OUR FUCKING ALUMNI PRESIDENT TOOK OUR CHARTER OUT OF "~S y M b O L i S M~" AND CHEWED US OUT. My dudes, NEITHER OF THEM ARE EVEN ACTIVE UNDERGRADUATE MEMBERS ANYMORE. But we just bent over and let him do it like little twinks.

Don't join one. It's not the last bastion of conservative values and fraternal bonds. It's the stepping stone to becoming a liberal.

Fucking South Park has a parody of PC culture in fraternities. It's not even ironic. It's a 1:1 representation.

Additionally, my girlfriend ended up following in my footsteps and joined a sorority. I told her countless times to not do it. I told her she would become like me and hate it. I told her it's a fucking chore. I told her about how big of a financial burden it can be. But, I forgot that women aren't supposed to listen to men, and she joined it anyway. She didn't have a legitimate financial reason like I did. She just wanted to do it for the social aspect.

One year later, after the "YAS BITCH, YOUS MY SISTER xD" degeneracy dust has settled, she said "you were right." She has since stopped attending their meetings and events - just like me.

It's the same for every Greek organization. They are all the same.

I became a member of a fraternity in college. It was a mostly positive experience. Most of my frat brothers became successful businessmen, doctors, lawyers and engineers. It provided a great mentoring experience. I am now finishing up medical school and still keep in touch with my chapter. I never drank or became a “degenerate.” And unironically fraternities provide young men a safe space to say and do things considered “politically incorrect.”

Listen I didn’t pay for my friends. My dad paid for my friends. My friends are awesome. Fuggin GDIs I swear

Listen I didn’t pay for my friends. My dad paid for my friends. My friends are awesome. Fuggin GDIs I swear

I am a member of an Orange Lodge.

Do not join a fraternity m8. Your best option would be a shooting club or a something Christian based.

I was a Greek at a big football school in the south. Vast majority of members are right wing and hate niggers the same way their grandpa did. The fraternity in all likelihood made me a better more functional person. Now I graduated 3 years ago. I don't imagine much has changed. Also different regions of the country attract different people in Greek houses.

kanker vet, maat!

fraternal organizations are based just dont be degenerate. if they need you to drink a keg or whatever do it just dont perpetuate it. very good for connections

Fraternities are an excuse for rich guys to touch each others dicks

>you have to wonder whether the association is natural or more social engineering.
thats a good point user I never thought about that before. When did (((hollywood))) make all the classic frat movies? Like Animal House? The answer may be there

fake