According to 538

If 2018 was a presidential election, Trump would have been crushed.

This shows total votes for each party overall in each state.

Attached: VBEyk.png (1050x670, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-2018-map-looked-a-lot-like-2012-and-that-got-me-thinking-about-2020/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2010
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_midterm_election
nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-house-elections.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

truly shocking

>if

Midterms are when Republicans are supposed to do good. What do you think a presidential year means for Republicans if this is the best they can do?

Cubs will never win the world series

Demographics are destiny. USA is a Mexican republic now. BLUE WAVE!

Attached: fthGx3Y4jd-10.png (300x250, 29K)

>If you apply popular vote distributions of a midterm election where few republicans were up for re-election to a presidential race the democrats win.
Truly groundbreaking stuff, OP. Fascinating.

and what's this based on?
house, senate, governors? total votes cast?

If fishes were wishes

You're literally wrong, Nate

ARE YOU RETARDED?

>total votes cast?

fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-2018-map-looked-a-lot-like-2012-and-that-got-me-thinking-about-2020/

>here’s the map you come up with if you count up the popular vote.

Total popular vote by each state, which is how electoral college elected presidents.

lol what

We did do good, all things considered. Trump lost fewer house seats than any 'wave' election going back nearly 120 years. Presidents always lose house seats. Here's 2010 for your enjoyment. Obama lost 63 House seats and 6 Senate seats. Trump won 3 or so Senate seats.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2010

The party in power normally loses much worse in midterms than we saw this time. It's because the supporters of the party in power don't usually show up to vote the same as they would if they were NOT already in power.
The fact that the Democrats did not do better than they did, indicates they have lost a good deal of support.

This will be reflected in the major election, when the President is running. Your numbers and your post are not consistant with what is already known.
But keep dreaming, though.

Attached: PegPen.jpg (640x640, 40K)

Means nothing, Obama got destroyed in 2010, he still won in 2012

Everybody already knows he's a 1 term lame duck. MAGAtards are in a state of delusion still. At least we got tax cuts

>We did do good,

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-08 12.14.32.png (515x813, 197K)

The incumbent never does good in the midterms. Look at Obama, he lost 6 senate spots and 63 houses and then was re-elected. Every time there’s a change in office every one loses their minds and votes against the party in power to balance the government and stop any changes

IFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIF
BING BONG

Just wait till the real purge starts, you haven’t seen shit nigger. What I’m saying is there won’t be an election in 2020

Attached: 1379EED2-3362-4977-B4AE-B1D523753AA9.jpg (400x281, 45K)

Trump should run on Jerusalem embassy move, it will win him 100 million votes.

Now I don't usually like to assume someone is mentally handicapped, but for you I think I should point out that voting for Cruz or Beto is not the same as having to vote for Hillary or Trump.
And as we know Hillary won the election because she won the popular vote right?

>According to 538
Stopped reading there

Attached: 1541472978018.jpg (1024x646, 141K)

I don't think you know how electoral college works mate. You know it's the popular vote at the state level?

I like how you're ignoring the primary point that the 2018 election was NOT between Hillary and Trump

>Trump lost fewer house seats than any 'wave' election going back nearly 120 years

That's not even close to true:

Presidents frequently gain seats during midterms. I don't know why you think this is a positive.

>Trump would have been crushed
>Trump wasn’t even running
The state of assblasted liberals.

Better hope they nominate Clinton again.
She is the only person whom Trump can win against.

SLIDE THREAD

Attached: 1541608750575.jpg (1182x1194, 180K)

Trump hardly campaigned in the Rust Belt, and John James came within 5% in Michigan, without hardly ANY outside help

Terrible larping lately. You guys need to step up your game.

The final total will be that Trump lost 34-35 seats:
nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-house-elections.html

That tweet is only showing the worst midterm losses for a president, but in many years the president gains seats.

Why is Florida blue? Wasn't the newly elected senator and newly elected governor republican?

did you even read the shit you linked

And then all the Mexicans will move up to Canada for gibs once they turn the US into a shithole.

>proving him right

>Presidents frequently gain seats during midterms.

from 1910 only in 15.8 % of those elections did the party that had the presidency gain seats.
You call that frequent
Are you retarded?

>Trump would have been crushed in an election he was not in.
Heh it's over drumpfies!

By your reasoning, this should've been the 2012 electoral map between Obama/Romney based on the 2010 popular vote in the midterms

Brainlet

Attached: 2010housepop.png (798x594, 76K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_midterm_election

So frequently gaining seats means three times over 28 elections? And those three times were FDR (+9) in 1934, Bill Clinton (+4) in 1998 during his second term, and W Bush (+8) in first election after 9/11.

Trump lost just about the average number of seats that Presidents lose in mid-terms. Not near the worst nor the best. And all this despite all the negative press covfefe.

Did you?

-35 is not a good outcome

The leaf is right.

This is typical. Congress does this with most presidents

I also don't remember Nate Sliver projecting the 2018 house based on the 2016 election.

He is a shill- plain and simple.

For fuck sake do you even read?

>Many years presidents gain seats.
>Happened 3 times for House
>+4,+8, and +9
>Average is -30, with those 3 positives factored in
That's not "many years." Trump had a pretty average loss of house seats for the sitting president.

nate plastic is such a bitch boy hack that he changed his prediction from 99% to 50% back to 99% during the midterms
anybody can make "predictions" that "correct" to 50%

It wasn't though. Put Trump on the ticket vs Hillary and he wins by an even bigger margin.

But the map is still mostly red...this is bullshit. I thought we went by area.

Midterms are when the incumbent loses seats in Congress

Why are you knowingly lying?

It's this new thing Democrats invented- the House "popular vote"

Why do you lie? Because you're a piece of shit. I just went to your wiki leak and it contradicts what you said. You're doing this shit intentionally, just to piss us off. Just remember that at the end of the day, you're a pile of unsolved filth.

>Trump got senate seats and only lost 34 house seats.
>Blue wave fail.

I talk to literal retard Maga hats who say that Michigan/Wisconsin....etc will NEVER EVER GO BLUE AGAIN and they know this with absolute certainty.

Ok retards, first of all there's enough blacks in Michigan to make it permanent blue if the Democrats simply poured in some money to activate them, so you'll probably never win Michigan again.

And Pennsylvannia is a dark blue state that Trump barely won by a literal hair, this is easy stuff for the Dems to take, as the Democrats just proved in the elections yesterday.

Florida just gave voting rights to 1 million Felons, so count them out.
And that's pretty much the ballgame

I honestly think Trump could win a 2nd term presidency in 2020.

Attached: trump mickey maga.png (800x800, 462K)

Attached: 412084612805.jpg (645x729, 41K)

Fuck, Trump BTFO in the election he wasn't up for. Guess Hillary is president now. How will the Donald ever recover?

Shit, I just realized the problem. I wrote in "Trump" for Michigan's senate seat. Damn.

>Republicans lose the house and 7 governor seats

tHiS iS A wiN mAgA

you said that the president's party frequently gains seats during midterms but what you linked explicitly says the opposite

>Midterm elections usually see the president's party lose seats in Congress, and also frequently see the president's intraparty opponents gain power.[3]

>Dem failed hard on the senate
>still didn't reach a majority on governorship
>Literally nothing on the judicial branch
b-b-ub-but we win a couple of seats #resist