Does college really make a person smart or qualified?

Does college really make a person smart or qualified?

Attached: Yale.jpg (500x600, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KooPsEE7E-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NO

Absolutely not but it at least makes you sound like you're smart

Poop

shit i have a successful & growing small business and i'm not going to hire anyone from the ivy league. they are entitled little babies.

>>/sci/10128033

It just shows you’re capable of completing a long term endeavor. Definitely helpful to have it but there are many pitfalls as well. If you forgo it have a solid plan for your career path and don’t just hope for the best.

>be 14 years old in family with money a century ago
>receive education in classics, write poetry, learn to paint, play instrument, begin studying law
>be 22 years old with college education today
>put fries in hot oil when the machine beeps at you
the more I read of history the sadder I feel at the current state of the world
we really need a mass famine to cull the population

Nope

I studied mathematics and while those in STEM are on average more intelligent than others there are still a lot of brainlets. Some of the smartest people I know have very little of any college education.

college is unnecessary, 20 years ago it was useful but now not so much. you can learn everything they teach off the internet at your own pace

>Does college really make a person smart or qualified?
no, college is glorified colouring books for retards

theoretically, yes.

but because of foundational myths like Aryan Invasion Theory and Lolocaust, you can't really get any objective knowledge from school. Schools are great when they deal with the objective pursuit of knowledge, but otherwise, are little more than communist manufacturing companies.

Attached: world racial history.jpg (1280x936, 487K)

Only for things like STEM or the like (and even then only sometimes, the amount of embarrassing and utterly clueless cringelords I've seen from those fields is astonishing), but for the rest it's basically a glorified HS, a lot of people don't even end up working in fields related to their degrees.

Attached: img_38de629537474056ce9689e2c2c7d48e77363.jpg (640x480, 35K)

I know college graduate me is more qualified than high school graduate me. But also work world me is more qualified than college me.

I think there's many ways to become smarter and more qualified, however you have to be able to access them. Jumping straight into the work world after high school, few people will really give you any opportunities. That's because at the base of it all you're competing against other people. The percieved "most qualified" people get the best opportunites in every aspect of life. You need to find a way to out compete everyone else to access those opportunities to grow and learn.

In my opinion college makes you better overall, however the really only the top half of the class really benefits from all that's offered. This varies by major, but for a lot of people they spent a lot of money that could've gone elsewhere.

The top people benefit without question in any program. Beyond that depending on the major, everyone else is there to pay for the best people's education. STEM obviously has a high percentage of people who benefit. All the other stuff has a lower percentage of people who benefit. Thus if you want to be a theater major, then make sure you're a damn good one.

never let your schooling interfere with your education

fp bp

Attached: 1436393069542.gif (640x360, 2.93M)

I guess to continue, the argument is whether paying for college for 4 years outweighs trying to climb up from burger flipper for 4 years. I'm going to say yes. The income of people after college is higher than their non-college peers' income at the same age. That said you're still competing against the percieved "most qualified". The free market has decided and will continue to decide. I currently make $55,000 per year. Much more than I could otherwise. Trade school may have been a better alternative but I like what I do now more than welding or machining.

In the past you could surpass any doctorate level coursework by matching effort through the library system. It wasn't common but it was doable. You would still be barred by certification and eventually practice.

Today anyone can access anything anytime for the most part. Add to this the degradation of applicable theory and, well, angry fat chicks with purple hair on twitter guiding the course of the culture.

Applied knowledge is valuable. Continue to seek it, do not waste it.

youtube.com/watch?v=KooPsEE7E-Q

>It just shows you’re capable of completing a long term endeavor.
This is the most retarded cope ever. "I admit that college is next to worthless but at least it shows you can work hard". People are supposed to spend tens of thousands of dollars and waste years of their life just to prove they can do it? College is a cancer on our society and it needs to drastically change.

This is what happens when high education becomes mandatory education

It does however weed out people who are and aren't capable of learning a complicated job. Everyone who passes is capable. However there are people who are incapable that didn't pass as well as capable people who didn't go to college.

Companies want a reliable way to know if someone's capable. College figures that out for you as well as putting some knowledge in your head.

Some degrees are worthless to the students who aren't near the top of their class. Others like engineering have a high percentage of people who significantly benefit.

If you don't like it then figure out an alternative, but no one's obligated to help you walk the path to success.

We live in first world countries. I don't want low quality people dragging us down. They're going to fucking learn how to provide for themselves because I don't want to support them.

This, unironically. Depending on where you go, you may find truly smart and free thinking people, but on average college simply churns out more capable drones. The average college grad is still an NPC brainlet who knows very little practically speaking. They may be able to do math, regurgitate gender studies information or tell you how best to mix chemicals or something, but they rarely deviate from the ordained path of minimal critical thinking and general time-wasting.
I don't even mean meme shit or Jow Forums stuff or whatever. Speaking with them and you will find they do not exist beyond the daily routine, they have little to no ability to plan for the future, life happens to them, they care about the baboon ballet results religously rather than say, their retirement investments or something, and they have no functional understanding of the operation of others or society. They exist in a limited hugbox where there are only a few levers to pull on the wall, they're very good at pulling them and they surpass other men, but if you asked them to think a little deeper and get out of said hugbox/instantaneous style of thinking, they would break down and resist you, both for anything requiring greater responsibility or original thought.

All of that could be accomplished in highschool. I'm not saying employers shouldn't try to hire the best people for the job. I'm also not saying that higher education itself is wrong. To be an engineer or doctor you of course will need a lot of extra learning after highschool. I'm saying that the current system of higher education is an utter fraud. We are never going to change it though. People are too proud of their fancy degrees.

That's why I think only the top half or so really benefit from college. The rest are only capable enough to jump through the hoops. They effectively pay for the top half's education.

By entering the work world do you really see the divide occur. The work world is merciless and doesn't care about anything other than your productivity and your capability to improve or create.

Depends on what you do with it.

my college has a bunch of blue haired, short haired, tattooed strong independent women..... geeh no wonder depression is up and the birth rates are declining rapidly in the west.

But who cares, just RESPECT WHAMENZ.

I learned a lot of stuff in college that I probably didn't have enough time to in high school. Also it built upon what I learned in high school. Thus for me it was necessary and beneficial. I have a STEM degree.

The best people can benefit from the extra information. The rest learn some of it and forget the rest.

>tfw barely got into Northeastern while these nigs get a free ride to Yale
why

STEM degrees are still worth the investment. Right?

Where else could I have learned chemistry?

fpbp

it's just a filter for smart people (at least when it worked, now it's just an insurance policy for gaining employment)

Attached: 1541918416001.jpg (1180x630, 489K)

Only on paper. Results of real life interactions will vary greatly.

It's a filter you need the degree if you wanna be management or higher

Yes that's what I said. You only need higher education for certain fields. However, everyone goes to college these days which means you are pretty much forced to go even if all you want to do is make a simple living. No one should be forced to take general studies classes in college like english and math, unless you are deficient in those areas. I'm not trying to disparage learning. The point I am trying to make is that while some people can still benefit from college, the system and stigma surrounding college is detrimental overall to society. I would be more supportive of college if you could test out of classes without having to pay for them. However, you can only do that with some of the introduction courses. To me this says that college is about learning, it's about money.

*college is NOT about learning, it's about money

The whole institution of higher education has been perverted by the jews, it's just a tool to make "qualified" work tools. But even with a diploma they still need to be trained anyway.

>that mystery meat with purple hair and a sidecut
Every time. I swear there's a mold somewhere that stamps them out.

The new Skull and Bones...

Attached: 27e56b68702390fe2d025b3b8973b334.jpg (1312x1015, 221K)

>Tfw some of the smartest, most talented and creative people I've ever met in my life were friends I made in high school
>Tfw most of us got into ivies but there were others that got fucked because they were Asians
>Tfw I get to Dartmouth and my close friends end up at other ivies like HYP
>Tfw we all spend 4 years around these retarded low IQ affirmative action gibsmedat niggers and spics that literally worship Satan in all his degeneracy and call for the destruction of our entire civilization with every single breath they take
I knew so many genius level kids in high school that lost out to these niggerfaggots. I hope to God that the Harvard Asians case goes to the supreme court after that bitch Ginsberg gets replaced by ACB and these kike schools get robbed of all funding unless they stop this affirmative action trash.

Attached: youhavetogoback.gif (350x232, 461K)

I make more money with college under my belt than I could climbing up from fast food.

Depends on the Degree they hold, If its something technical like Engineering or Medical or law, anything else is bullshit

This image hit me. Thanks user, I needed to see that.

>Hindus
>Allies of the Europeans
Stop being a good gora.

>we really need a mass famine to cull the population
i agree, wouldn't be even mad if i go if that means a better life for the future children. it can't go on like this and probably won't since we are reaching weimar levels worldwide, only when the next financial crisis kicks in, we'll be set. and considering many men are weaklings compared to to generations ago, a major wipeout is unavoidable.

No. With the advent of the internet, college has just become a scam.

>why
Jews

This isn't your personal blog. No one cares, Reddit spacing.

Attached: kuhl3qiqqks11.jpg (1200x932, 128K)

>It does however weed out people who are and aren't capable of learning a complicated job. Everyone who passes is capable. However there are people who are incapable that didn't pass as well as capable people who didn't go to college.
Is that so? Then why do we have vocational technical high schools that teach kids a vocation or a trade? You act as if your degree is even worth the paper it's printed on when it isn't.

Not one bit.

And you could've made a lot more if you didn't go to college and became a welder or an electrician working for a power company. 55k a year isn't shit where I live. It's just middle class.

Imaging trying to change a lightbulb in that place.

> internet memes and browsing Jow Forums does
> fucking brainlets

People are a product of their environment, so when they fill said environment with undesirables, it starts to rub off on the others.

Hence it now being a daycare for rich people and their exotic pets.

College has been an absolute scam since the invention of the printing press. They no longer hold any monopoly on information, so why go? Their laboratory facilities are necessary for the sciences, but any forward thinking society would simply invest in those for use by capable people. The only other reason would be that it's a gathering place for higher educated peers, but it's not like you couldn't organize one yourself with a bit of publicity. Join the metaphysicists' guild or something. Today, college exists to perpetuate itself and nothing more. Ever wondered why you need to go to college to teach high school? Shouldn't graduating high school give you the qualifications to teach its curriculum? Really activates those almonds.

>People are a product of their environment
They are mostly a product of their genetics.

Generally it makes you more knowledgable and qualified in a specific field or domain that you study, but that doesn't mean it makes you wise (important distinction).

You also can wing your way through college in a lot of majors without necessarily learning anything. (i.e. Ocasio-Cortez not having a fucking clue about economics, just studying past exams enough to pass your tests and never actually doing anything with the degree for years and years after graduating before being elected as a meme)

No. Here's how I know. In my 20's I got a History degree (with an English minor) from an expensive private school. I thought I was "smart". I was woefully unqualified for anything. At 40I decided to become a Nurse, started at a Community College. Then worked while getting my BSN. Now, I'm working while doing a DNP program at a really good school.

Math, science, actual focus on critical thinking, practical apprenticeships (every step up requires Clinical rotations or Internships). These are the things that give you analysis and problem solving skills, and make you smart and qualified.

I can not tell you the number of people who started back to school with me, as a second career, who also had B.A.'s who washed out because they couldn't handle real work or adjust thier thinking.

even fresh out of college the majority of your training in a field is going to be on the job.
college is about getting your foot in the door somewhere.

It's served me very well. I work in Product Development, have plenty of opportunities to improve the factory as well as my skillset. The path upwards is fairly accessible. I work 40 hrs per week with time to do work on the side for other companies. Trade school teaches you how to do the trade. Beyond that advancing is difficult.

Besides I get to eliminate a couple of jobs every year or so. It's a good reminder of why I stay on the winning side of the workforce.

doing God’s work user.

>Trade school teaches you how to do the trade.
>Beyond that advancing is difficult.
It really isn't. This is anecdotal of course, but my cousin has no college degree. Just the knowledge he learned from going to a Vo-Tech HS, from trade school, apprenticing as an electrician, and starting his own business. You, on the other hand, are making someone else rich. I guess that college degree got you into the business of being someone's bitch, didn't it?

Nope. Just assures your employer you can sit in a chair all day and behave.

Based, fuck them. Hire some people who actually want to work.

Somebody please help a brainlet out and tell me what and where this is?

Not anymore

Pretty much. But then again, serving for a few years in the military shows the same if not more so.

made me laugh

So why do you hate immigrants?

Project for a metropolitan cathedral in the form of a Greek cross with a domed centre

First (based) and best (redpilled)

I only hate the ones who come here and don't want to work, want to clog the system, live off of government handouts, and pop out 6 kids. Those are the ones I hate. The ones paying taxes, working for a living, and not blaming everyone for them not having the best life are the ones I respect.

Who knew when you open the floodgates and let everyone in something becomes meaningless. This is the age of information, half the time you can find out shit yourself in your spare time if you really want to

They only let niggers into college to fill the diversity quotas.

Not a guarantee in our backward era. Depends on the degree, depends on the school.

How many in that pic will actually graduate?

No, it just satisfies the HR cunt's retarded job requirements.
>be me
>want to be a pilot
>have to sink money in flight training, hours, equipment, medical exams
>also need a 4 year degree
>nothing specific mind you
>just a 4 year degree
Fuck the degree requirement.

Attached: a hunter came back from 4chan.jpg (1528x2048, 747K)

you deserve a large happy family

Attached: 1541654180313.jpg (500x500, 75K)

It would be nice if people like you stopped shitting on university so that people who got education could have a job. It's seriously mass hysteria how people react to school and training, and businesses are the ones profiting from it the most.

fuck you nigger stop spouting BS like white privilege and make the education not cost over 50k

why dont you just join the navy / airforce thru OCS?

You get to fly around and bomb mudslimes, plus wear a spiffy suit

Attached: 1536400186052.jpg (625x625, 58K)

You can't fly in the Navy or Air Force unless you have a degree

schools are just an another arm of the system which is meant to indocrinate you into being a good goy, ofcourse you need it if you want to fly an expensive zog bird machine, mutt

The military will pay for your shit, as long as you're not half retarded in regards to the asvab.

I'm starting my cyber security degree in january courtesy of uncle sam. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

>t. navy faggot

Attached: cascadia-map.jpg (804x620, 232K)

I want to fly buddy

You must be a graduate if you don't already know the answer to this.

Then go to a recruiter and tell em you want to fly.

Really aint that difficult. Only reason I didn't go officer is because I decided to go IT because it's an ez 6 figures after I get out.

Attached: cade pls.jpg (2304x4096, 478K)

Gud lak fightin fo da jooz nikka,me be banging dem hoes with mah bbc

Attached: 1541541480604.png (354x286, 28K)

>italy

Hey I'm pretty sure I have two illegitimate children there.

>tfw dating a jew

It's actually p neat, credit score jumped up 50 points for no reason, and she laughed at my anti-semitic rants while we were in israel

Attached: 32313063_10214063899083982_609139208543535104_n.jpg (1593x1593, 163K)

Depends entirely on the major. General courses that are required for everyone are piss easy. Anyone with a half-decent work ethic can pass them with a B, maybe a C if they're partly retarded.

yale in 1904 was a breeding ground for satanist pedophile liberal faggots though, just like now

I can tell you from experience in living in a college town. College students are dumb as fuck and it's absolutely hilarious to watch them do the dumbest shit. Just the other day I was out on the lawn and it's like 40 degrees chilly weather out and bitches are out in short skirts, jeans that have massive holes in them where almost the entire leg is showing, and bros/chads wearing t-shirts and shorts walking around trying to find a party. No intelligence or forethought whatsoever.

What do you even do with a gender studies degree from yale? Doesn't that make you overqualified for starbucks?

it depends what they study if they study math and science then yes it will make someone smarter if they waste their time with literature or some sjw nonsense then no it wont

but I thought only officers can fly and to be an officer you need a degree

i wish i could draw like this

christ which college town was this? I usually visit Gainsville because I have a relative there and I recently went to Tally to go visit a friend who was in college

that is true, but the navy can and will pay for your degree when you sign up. As long as you'll be commissioned before the age of 28, you can do it.

So do like ROTC or some shit, college is entirely paid for, get a STEM degree or something like that, and then boom. You get to be a pilot, provided you pass the pipeline.

Attached: 1538083581107.jpg (2000x1334, 1.16M)

>dreamt of being a member of the academy elite when a child
>go to uni, first generation college student
>graduate
>turns out uni’s hand out degrees like candy these days
>need a PhD to be of the true academic elite
FUCK