Average price of an engagement ring - $5871 in 2017

>Average price of an engagement ring - $5871 in 2017
>Average price of a wedding $25,764 in 2017

Why do idiots waste $30+K getting hitched when over half of them end up in divorce and misery?

Save your money and have a simple wedding and a cheap ring it's only fucking material shit.

Attached: Average-Price-of-Engagement-Rings1.png (700x497, 573K)

You've got to show that you are loaded so that the woman knows she has plenty to gain from the divorce of course.

Then don't get some overprice shit you dumb nigger, find some fancy alternatives, I literally engaged by girl with a $70 ring.

Wow you must hate that bitch

Idk my gf wants a quick cheap wedding and has asked for that for years but I've been saving for a big one. I want her to feel incredibly loved and it to be a day to remember for our lives. I guess that makes me a cuck.

When i got married i didn't even give my wife a ring, we just went to the court house and signed the papers.

Soon women will be buying men high dollar items for the promise of marriage.

lmao enjoy your poverty

It's nearly impossible to distinguish a lab grown diamond from a real diamond. Get one of those for cheaper.

Because it's all a dick waving contest to prove how well you can provide for your family.
Women ask each other all the time, "Oh my god, that ring looks so good! Any idea how much it cost?" If you're a chad and didn't go down a lazy path in life, you can afford a good ring to impress everyone else around you. The same goes for the wedding. You wanna do more dick waving and assert your financial and societal dominance by hosting an amazing party that will impress others and leave your legacy in their memories.
If you are a small dick provider, then you'll do small dick rings and parties. It's that simple.

Go to the court house and get it done, dont indulge in dumb slut princess fantasies

$5871?!?!?! Thats wayyyy too much. I paid 2500 cash for my wifes ring and its nice as shit.

>but I've been saving for a big one.

It's not the love of your wife that makes you a cuck. It's that your willing to throw money away on a worthless diamond that has no resale value.

You fell for the "diamonds are forever" meme. Diamonds have shit resale value just buy her a nice gold ring, it might actually go up in value.

My grandmas ring is probably worth $25,000 at least. Ain’t no thot getting that shit then thinking she can take it in a divorce. My prenup will say all family heirlooms are mine forever and she’s leasing them

Fuck all that noise, I bought a $1500 pair of wedding and engagement ring did a $70 civil ceremony and took pictures.

Now we got white babies on the way.

Don't fall for the matrimonial industry scams.

If she wants a big wedding, traditionally the bride's father pays for it.

If she wants YOU to finance the big wedding drop her ass, because she just wants money.

Use that money as a house deposit or some shit worthwhile

Dont waste it on some one day event

Attached: A02E2C38-F471-43C3-89FA-6BD8363B06FC.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

Fpbp

They're thinking with their dicks

Actually impossible without a spectroscope. Industrially produced diamonds are completely indistinguishable from the real thing to the human eye. It's the future and diamond cucks can suck it.

You won’t remember that special day within 6 months. Weddings are a product of the Jews. Whose only objective to separate you from your money.

Check out Brilliant Earth and buy only lab-grown diamonds.

That's what I did, got my wife's engagement ring for around $1200 bucks. It's beautiful too.
Diamonds are a fucking meme and you're a partner in evil if you buy mined diamonds instead of lab-grown.

Why are women more and more materialistic? Is it social media? I don't remember my parents or grandparents obsessing about the price of a ring, hell before my grandparents made in it real estate, they were living in a shack. And even when they did hit it big, they lived frugally. What the fuck happened to society?

what if you provide your kids with a good upbringing leading to them being nice people with fulfilling lives? Putting no effort on either parties or rings?

You know the diamond industry is literally the biggest jewish industry of all time right? It’s an industry based on inflation based on artificial scarcity of a product. They tried their damndest to kill the lab grown diamond industry

Invest the money instead into something that may grow, property, stock, etc. Fuck the one day event.

My wife used her grandmother's ring and we eloped for less than $300.

>love is money
Have fun with your golddiggin roastie.

lol the average income in Serbia is like 430 euros a month.

Attached: of course the sweed has small dick energy.jpg (480x360, 14K)

If you play it right and invite good guests you can actually break even on your wedding or make it profitable.

Most jewelers don't accept diamond returns and if you try to sell it you'll never get as high as you paid.
It's a freaking scam.

pop culture has more influence on a nation that anything else.

Right now It's Pimpz, hoez, ice n' sheit.

Attached: 42151521515151.jpg (226x300, 22K)

I could've used my grandma's 2 carat diamond. But instead I used a ring I got for $25. I don't want some bird who is just attracted to shiny things.

>Buy overpriced diamond.
>Get overpriced marriage.
>Get overpriced divorce.
>Woman then complains that the ring didn't sell for the price on the receipt.

It's easy to tell with the naked eye. I worked at a pawn shop for 4 years and could spot lab created the moment I see it on someone's hand.

You're supposed to spend 2 months salary on an engagement ring.

> tfw I gave my wife a ring I got for free from my grandmother
It belonged to her mother. Pretty sure this is better than buying some cookie cutter ring for $30k from some kike

Seriously put the money down on a house. She literally said she does not want a big wedding which means exactly that. You're just going to piss her off or if she is playing mind games already then she is not worth marrying.

>lol the average income in Serbia is like 430 euros a month.

holy shit how humiliating lmao

are they even human

>Get scammed at divorce

According to... the ((diamond industry))?

Dumb Jewiish meme.

I spent $90 on my wife's wedding ring. She wore her grandmothers engagment ring as the engagement ring.
My wedding band, which I lost twice now cost $27, and I get a new one ever few years because I lose it. It is basic titanium. Our wedding cost less than $500 and was in a huge historic church. This cost also included all the food and booze. We are cheap as fuck, but you know what? 15 years 2 kids and a dog later, we are still happily married. If your woman is not happy with a cheap ring, she is not worth marrying.

Based

The brides father is the one that pays for the wedding

The parents of the wife pay for the wedding.

Genuinely afraid of proposing to my gf, shit falling apart, and her refusing to return my grandma's ring because that's the only diamond I'll ever own short of paying the kikes.

>My wife used her grandmother's ring and we eloped for less than $300.
Totally based! Good for you my friend. You have a better setup than most people I know. How long have you been married?

Attached: 2mguz2.jpg (300x300, 18K)

I had a very cheap wedding and I've been happily married for ten years. I've notice the more the couple spends the shorter the marriage

Traditionally, the high dollar ring showed the groom was worth it and the big expensive wedding was paid for by bride's dad to show she was worth it to the guy who could afford a big fancy ring.
If her dad can't or won't finance a big wedding, then she doesn't get the big ring, either.

You burger munchers must be jewed even worse than i thought. Expected to drop several k's on an useless trinket when you're not even entirely sure if you're gonna marry the bitch.

scabbed my moms engagement ring from a previous marriage, so i didnt have to pay anything, also used my grandmothers wedding ring so even better, paid about $1300 on our wedding all up as my old work owed me a tonne of favours so we used their premises and furniture for free.

Attached: 8EE26BA8-9468-4027-BE3E-144A83A7FDCA.jpg (455x768, 56K)

You're "supposed to" remember the holocaust and cut off a piece of your son's penis too.
What's your fucking point kike?

Attached: 1542124074621.jpg (600x481, 44K)

>I've notice the more the couple spends the shorter the marriage
Checked

I also see very few "expensive" weddings lasting a long time. There does seem to be a predictable factor to the big blow outs. Simple people enjoy the real things.

(((They))) hijacked our culture and monetized it and brainwashed the women into accepting it.
(((De Beers))) started the whole 2 months of your salary for a ring rule.

You know 99% of the people here are incels right?

If you cant trust her with the ring why are you even with her?

>if you don't make a lot of money that makes you subhuman
Good thing Jamal and Taneesha make 2000€+ a month working "conslutting" jobs in Germany rather than a subhuman serb making 430€ a month.

This desu

Damn inflation. I bought my Wife's engagement and wedding ring for $700 total in 2005.

>subhuman serb

You said 'serb' twice.

Attached: 1345619002968.gif (399x399, 29K)

>can still afford all the luxuries your cucked nation has along with 3 cars
lmao are Germ-anoids even human haha

It's been the "rule" for a long time.
Have no idea who came up with it.

wife and me use rings that were handed down to us from grand-grand-grandmother: stylish + basically for free: took us 90 bucks to recraft them, so that they fit our fingers.

>golddiggin roastie

But enough about Melania Trump!

Women lose shit constantly. Who throws down $25k on something she's going to leave lying around everywhere and eventually lose?

>her refusing to return my grandma's ring
Get another ring than you dummy. Don't give away anything you can't afford to lose. If a family heirloom is too valuable, than don't give it. It is hers once you give it to her. Keep that in mind. Fake law niggers on here will tell you all sorts of shit about it being yours etc, but you gave it to her. Remember that.

I got engaged with a $15 gas station ring and our wedding was in her grandparent's back yard.

Don't fall for the (((tricks))) that are the bridal industry and buy a house instead. If your gf disagrees, reconsider your decision to marry.

This desu. Gunna be making a ring out of pewter for my wife. I'd never marry some whore that is only in it for the cash.
>inb4 betabux/all women are gold diggers

But all I see when I look at
>subhuman serb
is
>german serb
which in retrospect makes no sense. Very insulting to serbs too, comparing them to such a cuck nation.

Planning wedding right now with Eastern European qt. Paid 600 for the ring and she's really happy.

We agreed to a lab diamond because we didn't want to support the diamond JEWelers

>If your gf disagrees, reconsider your decision to marry.
This is the honest to god truth 100%

>If your gf disagrees, reconsider your decision to marry.

ding ding ding

The ring is a contract she accepts and she has to return the ring if she ends the contract

15 years

It's basically a gynocentric parade based around the narcissism of the bride.

Not entirely. Do you want to marry some poorfag?
Doesn't mean you have to go by it. But, why would you want to marry a guy who can barely come up with $50 to buy something for you?
Especially if he wants to be the man of the house and have a stay at home wife and mother for his children.
That's part of the "2 months salary" idea, as well. You're getting married. The man should be able to cough up some money. Not for a gold digger, but to be able to support a wife and children.

This. Its the dumbest monopolized hallmark card tier rape you for your money scam ever.

I sure as hell am not falling for that diamond Jew scam when I get married. I’m getting the cheapest fucking ring that will last and my bitch will be grateful for it. If any bitch thinks they are going to whine like an ungrateful whore because I don’t bow down to her stupid princess fantasies fed to her by the Jews, she has another thing coming

>>Average price of an engagement ring - $5871 in 2017
>>Average price of a wedding $25,764 in 2017

And both of them are worth less than $500.
You can make perfect lab-grown diamond rings for $1000 that will blow away these expensive pieces of shit.

>getting married

Attached: 241h442t4gtgjc.gif (427x240, 3.42M)

Great post

>15 years
That makes me glad to hear that. What a great thread this is. I too have 15 years after a cheap wedding/engagement and it gets better every day. I love how wife and I were very different at first, but somehow became the same person in many ways. Sure we are still different, but we know what the other things and will do. It is odd, but a good odd. I have much respect for you, and other married anons who simply know how to stick it out and make it work!

If those are average the poor folks cant be the ones getting married anymore

Maybe the guy can, but is love supposed to be bought? Why do women expect something ridiculously extravagant. Maybe he would rather spend that two months salary on his family or to better the home.

>Need to save up for a future child
>But also need to waste a stupid amount of money on a frivolous ring that does nothing and also spend thousands on a wedding

Not exactly the best plan.

There's a bigger reason for it other than paying kikes for sparkly things.

spent $5k on ring, about $3k on small wedding. we both make over six figures and otherwise live very frugally though, so it was really just a drop in the bucket.

this
big expensive weddings are for people who have connections and do business and such, and as such are more of a business expense
for normal people, a small event with both immediate families and a few close friends is the way to go

Why are you so obsessed with dicks?

We've become such a hivemind that we're not allowed to be on the same team if couples get together for a game night.

ive spent 500$

Attached: 1522177260088.jpg (690x586, 70K)

If she wants anything more than a simple gold wedding band she's nothing but a gold-digger whore. Only retards, blacks, and italians (really, the same thing) spend that much on wedding shit.

We designed an engagement ring together using two diamonds I inherited and a $60 sapphire out of the "sale" pile that she liked more than the $700 one I liked, and all told, I ended up spending about $700 out of pocket on her engagement ring and our bands together set us back $900 for the two of us. Her engagement ring was appraised at about $7000 (thanks Mom and Dad, for the diamonds!) and it's one of the flashiest ones that any of our friends have.

TLDR: I spent more on guns that year than I did on her engagement ring and our wedding bands combined and they're still nice AF.

This. If you fell for the JEWelry wedding scam then you're the type to waste money on frivolous crap.

>diamond ring
Diamonds are not worth it, buy a gold ring without a diamond. If she loves you, proposing to her will be enough.

Asian women are cheap, damn...

Getting a ring tattoo is popular these days.
If you can rope something nice together it shouldn't cost more than a couple grand to get married.
Normalfags just need big weddings with catering because they have to invite all 500+ of their Faceburg friends.

>Why do idiots waste $30+K getting hitched

Pretty much because women can ask whatever the fuck they want in today's fucked up sexual market. Men can't pick and choose and if they do not put up with this shit they will find genetic death.

Exactly the reason why so many men give up on western women and go with thai / filipino women.

I highly doubt that average price for the average person or even thats the average price.