What Happens When You Stop Consuming Media?

Has anyone stopped
> watching TV / cable / movies
> listening to mass radio/music
> playing AAA video games

what did you notice a out life once you did this?
did you get more liberal, less racist?

Attached: 1541991938873.jpg (438x503, 69K)

If I did this you'd probably get the opposite result.

Media is over-flowing with liberal propaganda and you actually ask if people become more liberal / less racist when they stop consuming the propaganda? In reality most just become hyper-focused and their own life, politics and societal issues fall too the side of individual progress when you have that kind of free time.

the bluepill neural paths in your mind begin to fade and you begin thinking for yourself instead of literally internalizing the monologues of the talking heads on television.

did this, made me more racist less liberal

the sad thing about the continued classification of CIA mind control research, is that we aren't even allowed to talk about how to defend ourselves against OTHER NATIONS using those same tactics on us.

Nearly everything is media. How stupid.

I did that years ago, but you also need to stop consuming the internet edgelord content, otherwise you are not making much progress.

>everything is media

Attached: 1541093600462.jpg (634x362, 17K)

if you still have to go outside and work you are going to be floating in the multiculti shithole of modern American life

What do you guys think about the Miami Mutilator?

He's so powerful, only Manny Pardo can stop him.

I don’t watch tv, play video games, or listen to the radio, but I do watch movies and listen to music.

you become a natural real life redpill

I don't do these things (except AAA video games but rarely). I avoid these because I hate the liberal propaganda. So ya... didn't change my politics at all

Attached: 1541111847990.jpg (1064x1020, 284K)

It's the only real redpill (or rather no-pill , because pills are pharmakaia = witchcraft).

Realize everything the previous generation said since the 80's about every game and song etc you played being satanic was 100% right, you're the one in the wrong and should have listened.

Gamergate is just a game industry psyop to keep you hooked

Jow Forums is media too, and part of the same system of Satan.

Actually not being part of the world is the only way out. People like this : cuckbook / dontperishministries have the right idea: radical separation from the world , your earthly family, even any and all worldly church buildings, and only with Christian brothers living minimally. Yes that means never posting here again.

Oh and avoid the Popery, Vatican/catholic shills are all over the chans because their fake church allows idolatry so appeals to media addicts on the internet as "trad/aesthetic" but God isn't to be found

"thinking for yourself" can also lead you to vain imagination if you don't read the Word of God

Stopping watching all TV made me much less of an angry person. Would recommend.

Do you mean new stuff, or just not seeking entertainment in general? Seems like the latter would drive you crazy. But I mostly stick with retro vidya, movies that I know for sure arent demoralization or subversive propaganda, and I'm starting to get more into classical music and have pretty much only been listening to older country music for the last decade. Even boomer music disgusts me now the more I become attuned to the subversive effects it had on society.

Not even larping about the classical music, there is hundreds of years of top shelf shit out there and it's a shame that people arent really taught to appreciate it.

I did stop consuming media by not using all unneeded computer devices for a while, productivity shifted hugely, mood got much better and mental state improved, had more time to focus on myself and my hobbies, all in all it was a great experience. Then I slowly slipped into the habit again and haven't had the will power to stop since.

>Jow Forums is media too, and part of the same system of Satan.
He said as he browses and posts on Jow Forums.

only retards believe anything on the jewbox

You become a boomer and end up knowing nothing about anything.

MAXIMALLY COMFY

Attached: 1540647185942.png (376x341, 103K)

tried doing it for awhile and it improved my life substantially, but I quickly made the realization (like any more than 3 months or so) that socializing eventually almost always become awkward with others if I were to be honest with them about purposefully not consuming media. You'd become the center of attention in an awkward way quickly, and there's only so much conversation to be had about your past consumption.

You learn how to think and act for yourself. You stop comparing yourself and life to fiction.

Kek.

I rarely watch tv. If i do. Its forged in fire. I dont listen to the music on the radio or Sirius or anything like that. I dont play video games. Havent played in 4 or 5 years. Last game was BF4 i think.
I feel like i am a fish in a lake. Im near the shore and im trying to see what is happening on the shore. But due to refraction of light through the water the image is distorted amd cloudy. I can see a general outline but discern no details or specifics. It feels like something is always just out of my reach. Like trying to nail jello to the wall. When finding this site i was exposed to new ideas and concepts, stuff which i never considered.
The more i learned the more i realized i dont know and dont understand .

Attached: 1522448114307.jpg (675x900, 95K)

Does thisMake sense or is it just rambling?

I stopped watching tv over a decade ago.
Stopped listening to radio almost a decade ago
I dont even read the Australian news anymore
All of the mainstream media is garbage.

theres ten lifetimes worth of alternative media and classic media to enjoy.

You can still go outside and be around other people without consuming 8 hours of media like the average person. I am guilty of watching is sports and talking about it in my circles though.

I got redpilled working as a paramedic about races desu.

Like over a decade ago my dude.

Yeah nigga like 8 years ago. Get your shit together

>Has anyone stopped
>> watching TV / cable / movies
Yes, about 9 years ago. I almost exclusivley watch anime from the 80's-very early 00's
>> listening to mass radio/music
Yes. I couldn't tell you when I last listened to music was. I also have satellite radio and only listen to 2 shows, other than that I listen to old O&A episodes on YouTube, and the Chip Chipperson Podacast.
>> playing AAA video games
Last game I played was OG Destiny.
>did you get more liberal, less racist?
I did the aforementioned because I despise nothing more than where the world is going.

Do you think its hard to do any of those things kiddo?

It isnt and not having TV/radio is fantastic since all they do is repeat the same shit for months on end. Also no one but toddlers and wage slaves plays big budget games.

burger here, i spent a few months in the european countryside and probably reduced my media consumption by like 75% at the time. life was much better

all i need is anime and manga and ln

More racist, less liberal because interacting with minorities in the real world makes you not want to break your back just to have a portion of your salary sent to them for gibs.

I've done all these without even trying. It just kind of happened. All I do is watch a shit ton of YouTube now. I've become way more racist. Especially against Jews but I blame that on this site entirely by red polling me about their shifty ways and the whole holohoax stuff

I stoped watching tv when I graduated hs I never was a fan of music (autistic noises set me off) and only game I ever played was old school d&d when I was 16... I’m 30 and actually enjoy being out In nature

>yes
>yes
>yes
I've been reading a lot instead. I've read Herodotus, Thucydides and Xenophon and plan to read more of the classics down through the ages until I get to the Bible, which I've never read and I'm not even religious but I'd like to be able to say I've read it. I'm taking a break from this reading project right now though and at the moment I'm reading Mein Kampf. So, more liberal? I wouldn't say so.

I became more confident and less anxious. Because nobody else around me is woke and does degenerate shit Im going back to vidya, internet, and films just to stay sane; honestly if i met just one Jow Forums fit brah or a GF I'd have an excuse to drop all this onions-technology, I already got rid most of my vidya and computer collection this year

I fuckin love hotline miami

Actually I got more woke and more based than ever. I'm going to be the next Hitler and me and my friend Bibi are going to gas all the communist Jews and whites and Asians. The other races of commies are not to blame because they are basically animals

AAA games have been trash since at least 2005 and if someone told me an earlier date I wouldn't have cause to argue. Mainstream anything is trash and always has been. There's nothing wrong with listening to radio or playing video games. It's your free time to spend as long as you don't harm anyone or regress society, but you should really stick to independent creators. Movies are 100% pozzed though, so just avoid. Also fuck niggers and jannies.

I've become more right wing and more racist

haven't watched tv and haven't listened to the radio for like 5 or 6 years
AAA games I stopped playing 3 years ago
I got more conservative and more racist even though one of my LSD trips may be responsible for that

>Herodotus, Thucydides and Xenophon and plan to read more of the classics down through the ages until I get to the Bible
Cool plan. My plan is also to read through classics into the bible. I also do not believe in religious metaphysics but I think classical philosophy/mythology/history can lead to a good life and a good mind. My plan:
>Hesiod, homer
>all philosophers in Diogenes laertius
>Plato(constantly references homer and Hesiod)
>Neoplatonism
>stoicism
>Gnosticism
>Christianity
While also
>the eddas
>everyone in plutarchs lives
>Cicero
>even more that I could go further into.
I've read some Herodotus, concerning Croesus and Solon, in histories, early on, correct?

>stopped TV / cable / movies
This is normie shit. I stopped doing this when I probably unconsciously identified as liberal because it was rebellious--during W bush era.
>radio
Up the punx. Radio gay
>vidya
Long story but jbp said it best: you can't go home. tl;dr grew out of vidya.

Same

I now see the propaganda everywhere it shows up.

This year, I
>only watched a single movie made after 1990 (Deadpool 2); everything else was old Clint Eastwood movies and the first four Death Wish films.
>watched no cable tv at all
>listened to no music that I did not curate myself online; mostly old darkwave and contemporary slasherwave and scandinavian metal.
>played not a single AAA game
I've cut myself off nearly completely from mainstream entertainment, and even watching Deadpool 2, I was pissed off they blackedtarred Domino and didn't make a self-referential joke about it. Fuck, this is the irreverent, 4th wall-breaking meta-humor movie, and you're not gonna acknowledge you race-lifted a major character? What the fuck, Deadpool 2? That's the taboo you can't discuss openly?

On the whole, I would say I have not become more liberal or less racist.

you get exactly the opposite

especially with video games, that's making your brain soft

literally brain expansion meme but IRL

Stopped ages ago but I never really fell for the brainwashing to begin with it was so easy to see through the crap even as a kid. It was frustrating to see how stupid and blind people were to what was going on.

I haven't watched TV, listened to radio or played a videogame in 5 years.

AMA

>am conservative
>love vidya just as much as hiking/fishing
>being outdoors makes me feel no different politically