GENERATION X 2. OH

All your Chans belongs to us.

Attached: over-the-edge.jpg (1010x505, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_HH_jher3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's this shit right here that ruined GenX

Attached: 4nb6.jpg (1642x924, 106K)

kek
all '80s, all the time
there was a good Jello Biafra thread earlier too

Attached: jerzy.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Attached: CosbyCube1989.jpg (460x343, 24K)

I recall seeing Natalie Imbruglia shortly after this on 120 Minutes. It was that moment that I knew we were heading to the abyss. Soon we'd see The Spice Girls, the proliferation of boy bands, Britney Spears then 9/11. Stick a fork in it.....it's done.

>Gen X Video games
>Neo Geo

in the last days of dial up modems, we did some crazy stuff:

1) a friend had a super magic com 16c - had a 3.5" floppy drive, but plugged into the SNES cartridge slot. Almost nobody in America had heard of such a thing.

2) there was a dial up BBS in Canada that had backups of SNES games.

3) I opened up the phone box in a friends neighborhood. I jumped his phone line onto someone else's phone line.

4) we called up the BBS in Canada late a night and downloaded all the SNES games we wanted... and sent the long distance charges to someone else.

I flipped the phone wires back in the morning...

Good times...

thread gunna get shoad without the article and link in the OP, I fear

Attached: westworld-yul-brynner.jpg (1140x641, 59K)

One thing I will say about Gen X is that you kept the Internet interesting and weird. Millenials killed the internet with Social Media. Zoomers make low-quality phoneposts. Boomers post dead memes.

Shits all fucked up.

Attached: whomst.jpg (480x480, 29K)

>old school phreaking

I got into Dead Kennedys in college @1997 when I downloaded my first MP3s. I'd go into details of the subculture but I don't want some faggot at medium copypasting it

dang
I could barely enter cheat codes into Contra

Attached: 220px-Whiz_Kids_Cast.jpg (220x282, 25K)

gen-xer here.
we actually were that cool when we were kids.

You got that right.

Attached: index.png (225x225, 5K)

>dur hurr one thing I will say
this is a 37+ thread, faggot

I asked for a modem for my birthday after seeing War Games. Tried to call my junior high to get into their system and change my grades without any clue as to how hacking actually works. Later got Compuserve and used a program online to help solve my Rubik's cube. True Stories

youtube.com/watch?v=u_HH_jher3c

And I get real high...

Soul asylum too. 4 non blondes made me want to murdsr

>Tried to call my junior high to get into their system and change my grades without any clue as to how hacking actually works.
lol
PENCIL didn't work?

thread 404d
>disassociatives speed and e
I get your point but MDMA (3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine) was academically popularized by a chemist who discovered, personally bio-assayed, and published detailed synthesis instructions on hundreds of psychedelic compounds akin to classic tryptamines and phenethylamines such as psilocin and mescaline including the 2C-x family and DOx family of psychedelic amphetamines.

I think more lucid and euphoric compounds like MDMA and 6-APB hold more psychiatric value in treating people who may have more trouble successfully navigating their thoughts and emotions through a psychedelic experience to a constructive conclusion such as rape victims, war veterans with PTSD, abused children and animals, etc

Attached: toptier.png (740x308, 383K)

Those were neat tech. So was the genesis cart burner some blockbuster videos had.
Thanks for comfy fren

Sure you're not thinking of the Goo Goo Dolls?

kek

lol. I still have 2 live hotmail accounts from '96.

Man my friends did hack into our state's GPA/grade tracking network, and hacked kids' bad report cards back to mostly A's for a fee. No shit.

>PENCIL didn't work?
kek
>they sent home pin-dot printer grades and dad never checked the mail

Too complex user. I did change grades and it was as it always has been: social engineering. Also: scsi scanner and PC Card to generate and sell hall passes. Photoshop 3.

A friend of mine installed a keylogger on his high school secretary's computer and changed his grades. Hackerman was all powerful in the 90s. There were lots of zines like 2600 in most good book stores.

>>old school phreaking

>be me
>love prank calling people with my friends
>know a little bit about phones
>there is something called "ANI"
>ANI == automatic number identification
>you call the ANI number for your telco, and the computer reads back the number you're dialing from
>we prank call this guy so much that he changes his phone number
>day after he changes it, we drive to his house at nite
>open up the grey telco box on the side of his house
>unplug his house, plug in my handset to his telco port
>dial ANI
>computer tells me his new phone number
>plug his house back in, close the box
>mfw he'll never figure it out
>drive home
>prank call him
>listen to the rage over the phone...

good times :)

Wait what
Hotmail is cool again?

I watched MTV so much; it was pathetic. It was actually good in the 80s and 90s, although I liked Paula fucking Abdul for a time, although some peer pressure was involved. I purchased license to ill on vinyl and later got appetite for destruction on cassette tape. I was too poor tobuy much. I think I got DR dre the chronic and snoop dogg's debut album also. Cringe

>be me, 8th grade, 1993
>first period art class
>Song plays on the radio over class boombox
>2/3 the class starts snickering
>"HURR HURR IT WOULD BE SO KEWL IF YOU COULD GET REAL HIGH JUST BY TAKING A DEEP BREATH"

gay

>one shitty song that still gets airplay

soul asylum was supposed to be the "next big thing"

>2600
Taught much of human nature too.
Avoided PE by being admin for swim team. I changed my grades and only ever suited up for water polo which turns out is brutal. Shoutout to mahboi pascal.

hells yeah, brah. still free too.

Devo ftw

Why they never blocked access back then. Also, friends dad worked in local telco. Hooked up his “special” headset many a time. Still have I think. Let’s not forget red boxes

>and I said AYYYY AYYYYYYY AYYYY-AYYYY AYYYYY AYYYYY AYYYYYY I SAID AYY, WHAT'S GOIN ONNNNNNNN?

Attached: screentoss.jpg (220x231, 11K)

> →
>Interesting that booms tried to hide acid and shrooms resizing it would just further serve to wake us up. Very successfully replaced with disassociatives speed and e

and while many psychedelic culture leaders have dismissed the value of dissociative hallucinogens like ketamine and PCP compared to serotonergic psychedelics others have argued they hold unique and powerful promise; I believe John C Lilly wrote some interesting thoughts on the matter

Attached: 1470179690905.jpg (786x576, 156K)

I still have my first and original Hotmail email address from 1997. First email is best email

I got solicited by a pedo in the 80s. Compuserve chat room.

Used to troll yahoo chat with others from fugly.com and I miss first finding out about the WWW in 1994 during my freshman year of college.

UFO on my snes right now, user. Rent & Rip!

In the beginning it was innovative since it was Web-based email instead of app-based and intranet only like most other email systems of the day

This guy gets it.

tfw CRT tv and monitor was only light I found comforting. Lurked in the dark on Usenet, IRC, BBS.
able to determine connect speed base on handshake.

It really whips the llama's ass

Holy shit you saw my thing. Agree and thanks for responding

This was a story of almost exact life then. I grew up in New Granada.
We never got to burn the school down, though.

Beavis and Butthead was Classic MTV's last hurrah, a 1/3 of the episodes the amazing duo would watch (and usually roast) the videos of MTV for being the shit that they were

Older zoomer here. Gen X doesn't stand a chance.

I have mine still, but it's Netzero, and (((somebody))) seems to keep paying for megamail, so I don't use it. A bit spoopy.

What are things that happened all the time user? I kid but it was so common. Just like file and image shares that dumped to inbox on Compuserve and aol. I forget now, what was rpg online via compuserve, think it was Sierra

Did he own a bike shop?

Attached: DiffrentStrokes.jpg (365x358, 46K)

I got to do it twice when yahoo answers was briefly popular. The memories

did that make you hard

Attached: cheeels.jpg (636x358, 22K)

Don’t forget geiss and milk drop

Kek! I remember that episode

Was the head before or after? I forget.

Gen X nerd test:

the day jerry Garcia died, someone piped the output of unix "banner" command with message "we miss you jerry" or something similar into a program to create new USENET groups.

So everyone who tried to read usenet news that day got asked to accept hundreds of new groups, and when you looked at your monitor sideways, it spelled out the message about jerry Garcia...

I WAS THERE

kek let’s go with that or he was a priest

Yes, yes we were.

Easy E is not Ice Cube numbnuts.

Curious about if links for lily writings. Or is it over on erowid

>thoth newsreader
Yup

Nigger, that is cube
feel bad

And neither are ESG

This is kids today? Theyre already a thousand times more stylish and chill than Millennials.

>Mongoloid will never be played again because hate speech but that dude brought home the bacon motherfucker

There is a little corner of the Rock and Roll HoF that is set aside for that gay animated cat in that Abdul video.

I think I'm all reminisced out

Attached: Member-berries.png (311x513, 205K)

nothing on hand, a look on Erowid or a youtube query for "john lilly on dissociatives" should do

Attached: 1524717770540.jpg (500x420, 90K)

Also, she was one of my first wanks. The video before the one with that gay animated cat.

No, but I do remember being in the middle of a college class and some random guy walking in the hallway popped in and said, "Jerry Garcia just died". And then he walked away.

You just reminded me of how pissed I was when they got rid of Matt Pinfield.

member Tamagochis?
member starfish bathbeads?

Attached: 1533356658512.jpg (1022x1022, 107K)

>later got appetite for destruction on cassette tape

this is now a "my first CD was" thread

"Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood"

It was edgy then.

I dropped gallons on cold hearted snake, so probably that one

Eazy-E (get it right, fag) died of AIDS 22 years ago, moron.

I still use yahoo mail.

I had to "animate my cat" every time this video came on.

Attached: Paula-Abdul-1989-Coldhearted-video-her-3rd-1-single.jpg (490x296, 126K)

cheers mate and thx. Phonefaghing on slow connect. Goddamn tunnels

Tamagotchi was gateway drug to animal crossing mate

Yeah, it was some bullshit show called SuperRock hosted by Kennedy.

Saved up. Wagner: Gtterdmmerung

That’s a bold move cotton

No that's from the movie Over the Edge in 1979.
That and Suburbia were the "counter culture" movies of the day instead of the sanitized Breakfast club.

>#Quake3 user overload on irc
I WAS THERE

Lived across street from reality bites house. Weird feels

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

That's the one.

My kids had those. They weren't gen x.

>Suburbia
"I'd like to fuck your brains out, but it doesn't look like you have any"
fucking loved that movie

Terrapin Station.
Skull & Roses.

I watched 'Stand by Me' like 20 times
were all the actors raped?

remember ICQ?

remember when girls were easy going?

remember arcades?

remember when everything wasn't a nigger fest?

remember when Saturday mornings were anime on the scifi channel?

remember when MTV was actually cool?

remember hanging out at malls? man i miss malls.

niggers kill everything.

Minidisc data and music was the mp3 before mp3. Miss that versatility