How does architecture affect a people?

How does architecture affect a people?

Is there a reason they only build modernist architecture today with large glass panes and concrete?

Attached: gamlastan.jpg (785x470, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc
artrenewal.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It depresses them and puts them in a downward mental state. Todays architecture is literally just squares and rectangles. Cheapest possible layout, its partially capitalisms fault.

I think it's the grid-like layout of most western cities that makes people depressed. Europe has a lot of the same sort of modern architecture but in winding walkways and urban sprawl its much more pleasant to stroll through.

>Is there a reason they only build modernist architecture today with large glass panes and concrete?
Its cheap as shit and easy maintain art has no place in architecture when there is money to be squeezed

This. Thread over

In third world countries it's because niggers and arabs like shiny things.

Attached: NPC city of the future #298710.jpg (624x351, 44K)

>Cheapest possible layout
Is it, though? Is it?

Attached: 435543543543.jpg (960x837, 117K)

Wait is it really that much cheaper to build traditional? Why do we build those steel structures on the right everywhere?

All you need to see OP. youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc

Corporations duuude.

Attached: 1531035084384.jpg (1704x959, 480K)

Yes. How could anyone be expected for fight for their land when it looks like pic related?

Attached: burger city.jpg (1502x1199, 299K)

>bottom left
Why does a three-story brick(?) building cost so much? Is it the location they choose to buy land? Generally curious.

Yeah, commie blocks are much better.

The high-way system destroyed America.

What should a three story building cost?
>brick
Doubtful, who builds the frame in brick nowdays? Seems outdated

Banning comfy architecture ensures that you have no standards for the basic need of shelter.

Attached: erie county-savings-bank2.jpg (1432x1008, 465K)

Wouldn't it be more accuratr to have price per square meter/foot tho, the modern ones look bigger.

For the two in second row, the modern one has almost twice bigger ground layout and two more stories.

Because everything we do is a meme

In the UK recently, the Tory party actually did something good:

They appointed a FUCKING WHITE MALE who likes traditional architecture to basically review why architecture is so shit now, and how we can improve it.

The architectural intellectual establishment, in pic related represented by Sam Jacobs, predictably lost its shit. To quote Sam Jacobs:
>It resonates in a particular way as Britain sinks further into the Brexit mire, with its plastic jingoism, hollow nostalgia and pathetic Empire 2.0 rhetoric.

>Historicism in 2018 is no laughing matter. Nostalgia and right wing politics are thoroughly intertwined, using fabricated images to sugarcoat their bitter vision of the future. Pseudo-olden times cloaks a dark form of nationalism that is at large and emboldened. This is yet another wave of that sickening trope.

>There is a clear link between its aesthetic agenda and the views of the far right, with its Soros conspiracies, antisemitism and misogyny. It's also sick that this should be at the forefront of governments thinking around architecture and the built environment when we are in the midst of a housing crisis this government has singularly failed to address, and when homelessness has increased by 60 per cent since 2012.

>[...] It now wants to erase the agency of architecture and planning to hard-wire progressive ideas into the fabric of the world, and seeks to enforce a singular, a-historical fantasy featuring a few fragments of architectural reference that appeal to blinkered, quasi-fascist old white men. Grecian excretions are just an attempt to whitewash history – in every sense of the word.

Attached: 15064561485724.png (438x583, 312K)

SHUT IT DOWN

Top building isn't even that bad.

Attached: 15064561485724.png (500x728, 703K)

>Is there a reason they only build modernist architecture today with large glass panes and concrete?
absolutely, because it's internationalist and helps to dilute national identities. 100 years ago each nation had it's own style which was an important part of its national identity. within western europe you could observe clearly distinct styles in france, germany, italy, etc. even within the uk, you could easily distinguish english style buildings from scottish style buildings. now everywhere is glass boxes and any new tower built in london could just as easily be in shanghai or los angeles

Human beings are only economic units. We deserve no better than glass boxes. We have no soul to uplift. We are good goyim.

Attached: 1531035084384.jpg (1200x434, 91K)

based and redpilled lad
im a nazi too

To understand why Jews push degenerate and ugly art everywhere you have to understand the Sick Cosmic Insult that is Jewish existence. Imagine being a Jew:
1. Your people are clever enough to run all the money in the western world for the last 3,000 years.
2. Everywhere you dominate the money supply, you quickly come to dominate everything else. It must be true that you are the chosen of God.
3. Then the pain hits. You see your reflection in a mirror but you can't believe what you are seeing. What the actual fuck is that gross devil doing in your mirror? Why is it looking right at you? Why won't it go away and give you your reflection back? What the Hell did you ever do to God or Man that would curse you to such a terrible fate? What is the point of being so smart if you have to have devils looking back at you every time you look in mirrors?

4. To cope with the ugly devils that stare back at you from mirrors, you go out and make ugly, degenerate art to take your mind off the horror.

It's cheap crap for the working masses to produce wealth in. The 1% that take that wealth live in nice places.

SURRENDER YOUR SOUL
THE DEMON ARMY HAS ARRIVED
NOWHERE TO HIDE

Attached: 15064561485724.png (1400x933, 2.34M)

Yes, ugliness crushes souls. They want your soul crushed, they want You pliable.
Any attempt to sage the West MUST include rebuilding our ransaked artistic tradition. artrenewal.org

looks like alot of wasted materials and space just because its "cool" looking.

That black obelisk in France depressed me...ugliest building I have seen, UK has a lot of modern ugly buildings too.

Not only does architecture affect people's attitude about wanting to live their and their mood while living their, but it's culture. It's identity. You SHOULD be able to tell which part of the world a building is from b looking at it.

The chinks 3D printed an architecturally sound 5 story one for 150k. Add in other things like interior, electricity, etc. and maybe around the 200-300k range.

A building like that should cost no more than a mil Euros.

4u

5 story building for 300k? For some reason I dont believe you

I love it. I can move to anywhere and not even notice it.

What building projects were completed in Italy and Germany prior to ww2 ?
Why we're both greco/roman architecture including statues the main theme ?
Are there any recent building projects in Europe that also did this ?
Where did the funding come from the investment and why we're these structures attacked by soros crowds ?

Attached: images-30.jpg (313x470, 29K)

I edited that sentence 3 times and messed up the grammar by doing so I'm retarded

The art they promote is as ugly as the brown mongrel future they wish to create.

Liberals eat feces and listen to nigger beats, so they can't perceive ugliness. Our ability to perceive ugliness is what separates us from shitlibs.

That is the Internationalist's dream

"Lets go to Barcelona"
"Why? It's just like Berlin and we've already been there."

Attached: 1531035084384.jpg (1512x1512, 331K)

Construction labour used to be cheap so money could be spent on design and materials, now its expensive so materials must be cheap/mass produced etc

I love Stockholm so much

it's called neoclassicalism and it was prevalent in Germany because prots wanted a style not associated with christianity so they ditched the gothic style for classical architecture, and they also wanted to represent the enlightenment by harking back to the last great age of reason in Europe. It's a shame though since we never really reintroduced celtic styles back into our cultures despite them being a very great civilization and having an amazing repertoire of artistic styles, nor did we try to revive germanic or anglo saxon art.

>with large glass panes and concrete
They built a strip store near my house where they pasted wood flooring as trim onto brick walls, then added a rectangle glass/metal thing protruding out of one section. It was one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen in my city and it looks like a bunch of knock off stores, but they’re not. Someone actually wasted their money on this. Will avoid going to any of those stores and restaurants.