Alt-Deco General

We are fighting a culture war on all fronts. In this thread, we will focus specifically on returning to grace the institution of European Architecture from the hands of the degenerates. Designs, functions, fixtures - call out what has meaning to you.

In doing so we lay the foundations of a new style for our generation, one that hearkens to the spirit we were borne from, currently sitting lonely in the corner of our soul - Alternative Deco, or Alt-Deco.

Attached: 11815462903_1b1b7c864b_k.jpg (1600x1071, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hometownstohollywood.com/editorials/a-screen-deco-reflection/
secretsofmanhattan.wordpress.com/2017/08/16/the-bonwit-teller-building-how-donald-trump-destroyed-an-art-deco-treasure/
youtube.com/watch?v=j_KmZsA5Pfs
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here is an example of what we need to alter dramatically - a modernist take on a home.

Angular and boastful, notice it's feigned attempt at transparency, it takes its beauty from hard, unnatural angles meant to act in defiance of nature - but not to glorify the achievements of man. No, it specifically calls to smugness. Modularized, plain and sectioned grounds that serve only to act as areas to observe the construction, and the implied wealth and superiority of those who dwell within it. The privacy is above all, planked above the naked, glass sitting areas for those deems worthy enough to witness it.

Gaudy, self-serving. Degenerate.

Attached: modernist.jpg (1600x1200, 194K)

Art Deco is kino.

Attached: 1526565849576.jpg (366x500, 107K)

Art-Deco was possibly the most unique style of architecture to ever grace out city-scapes.

It was Americas own truly unique style that defined our greatest city. unfortunately it was snuffed out by the post modernist and commies before it ever took hold.

Attached: Deco.jpg (475x317, 122K)

Attached: 1200px-Buffalo_City_Hall.jpg (1200x1805, 762K)

another one

Attached: 250px-NewIndiaAssuranceBdg.jpg (250x333, 27K)

I'll do one last critique tonight. Here is a work proudly calling itself the Postmodern House. Where to even begin with this?

Again we see the clear attempt at fake transparency, only this time with corrugated metal fences lining the entrance ways. The material choice is all over the place, such as reflective of the postmodern assumption that no one thing is a better choice than anything else. This is taken to the extreme with its' flat, broad, crayon-pallet paint job that only serves to confuse the senses and eliminate any goodwill the glass sides provide by hiding the true natures of what section of the house you are looking at.

Lack of any decorations, or even areas to include decor, only serve to demonstrate the cookie-cutter nature of the house that desperately wants to seem as if it is not cookie-cutter. The home of those who cannot, and defiantly will not, think for themselves. Because that would be too offensive. Degenerate.

Attached: Ettore-Sottsass_Acme-House_2.jpg (1600x1280, 183K)

How quaint

Attached: artdecodiner.jpg (867x900, 231K)

art deco is modernism-lite

It is a shame, but it is far too easy to assume function over form. I recommend reading Till We Have Built Jerusalem by Philip Bess if you want to see a healthy approach to countering post-modernist/communist/jewish decay of architecture.

Post-Modernism=Poser-modernism

Post modernism is literally all about being a poser, making people think your ideas are good since there is no such thing as "objective fucking anything". so we get this garbage

Attached: 0c2291656eadd0c4c4bc21900b43116c.jpg (799x598, 71K)

Thanks ill check that out!

>alt-deco

Your pic is nouveau, friend.

That was a sad late attempt at Art-Deco style but was prob made in the 80s

This is my photo OP that I took. Curious where you found it.

U really think?

The Niagara Mohawk Building is decidedly Art Deco. Either way, I'm not interesting in reviving Art Deco, I'm interested in moving forward.

In an architectural group post on LinkedIn, it's a beautiful picture, user

based

hometownstohollywood.com/editorials/a-screen-deco-reflection/

You useless faggot.

Have another

Attached: Times_Square_Building_Rochester.jpg (546x800, 104K)

Disagree, not organic enough, though I see some overlap between the styles, pic related.

Attached: elizabetes10b.jpg (780x520, 96K)

that is a truly remarkable example of dogshit. Fisher-Price, my first condominium.

Art-Deco is pretty fantastic.
It was also most likely an inspiration for the architecture styles of the Third Reich and Fascist Italy in my opinion. A lot of it's core principles are present there, although with a more classic take.

Attached: Zeppelinfeld-Nuremberg.jpg (900x587, 99K)

I hate those fucking homes that are all glass walls. Creepy as fuck to live in just having your rooms lighting controlled by whatever the hell is outside and always feeling like you're being watched.

Attached: 1542398931367.jpg (666x666, 78K)

Yeah Christ it looks like a Lego set

Art Deco was truly the last legitimate architecture and art movement.

American Radiator Building is my favourite example

All these styles come from the same historical origin. Art Deco was one of the last before it got co-opted by modernism

PREACH MOTHERFUCKER

Too funny. What are the odds I see it just scrolling along here. Found when I took it on Facebook.

Attached: 44C70C92-5119-4F85-ACA6-4ACDAEDE4D33.png (750x1334, 1.46M)

>Post modernism is literally all about being a poser
well said and 100% correct.
the solution is to demonstrate in a visible way by example. your product will be so self-evidently superior that it will wreck the posers.

Fascist and Art-Deco structures do both seem to try to encapsulate the scale of power and grandeur, either in ridiculous detail or in perfect space-occupation. It's interesting that both of them had high up spires or symbolic fixtures, one to the spirit of the state, one to the wealth of the economy - same thing as earlier styles where the spire represented the direct divine, to these cultures the divine is always atop all.

It's not wonder the only spires built today are thin pikes of metal, striking and symbolizing nothing.

That's post modernist, actual modernist stuff has a sense of wholeness. Post modernism is just a bunch of unrelated pieces stitched together to make something like this, is a more radical form of it

Maybe it was once a decent 1930s shop but it has been retrofitted with horrible design though. Post modernist tier.

For me, it's the Chrysler Building.

First time visiting NYC my idiot gf at the time didn't want to visit it, went to Bloomingdales to see some fucking purses instead

Just looks like stripped classicism, I see no art nor décoratif. The styles seem like ideological opposites in my understanding; one looking to the future, the other to the past.

chekt

Your picrel is literally the opposite of Art Deco

In a world of post-modernists there is no greater truth than power

Attached: si.png (800x728, 687K)

The chairs inside are nice, though. That's the only thing I like about it.

>checked
SI

si

ironically trump destroyed historic art deco architecture when he bought a building in NYC to make room from trump tower: secretsofmanhattan.wordpress.com/2017/08/16/the-bonwit-teller-building-how-donald-trump-destroyed-an-art-deco-treasure/

it was truly a travesty

GUYS I KNOW THERE'S NOT A LOT BUT POST MOAR

lmfao, kys faggot

I've always thought that way. Art-Deco, despite being commonly considered an early modernist style, is very much grounded on the western canon of art. I was a natural evolution, while modernism was forced with the intent of subverting western culture.
I'll be starting architecture school next year and I'm already thinking about how to survive the inevitable modernist shill professors that are bound to shit on anything tasteful that I might draw.

(checked)
Bitches man, they have no imagination, just want to shop and feed the Jews their shekels.

Attached: f10.jpg (958x1024, 132K)

Cyberpunk brutalism ftw

Attached: OCP building.jpg (677x376, 37K)

stay strong user! Let your work speak meaningful words into this endless void of subversive confusing drivel. And don't let faggy design gurus push you around!

This almost looks like what 80s science fi movies thought shops would look like in the future

You'll have to sit there and take it to get an M.Arch unless you go to a Catholic University. I studied a year at Berkeley before I went insane and transferred to Notre Dame. Night and day, they give a shit about their craft there instead of the usual trendsetting awards along the coasts. Good luck, though, we need more architects who value traditions.

The Natsocs were trying to combine the best of classic and modern. It's certainly far nicer than any shit being built in modern Germany today.

DIE COMMIE

Attached: whatdidusaynigga.jpg (800x450, 185K)

i will unironically defend well-executed Brutalism all day long. it's extremely comfy to occupy and be around, which is the most natural expression of architecture serving us. can't post pics now but if you vehemently disagree I will contend that you've simply never been inside and around a quality brutalist structure.

Test the waters but be prepared to tow the line.

Architecture is the backbone of organized and efficient civilization, a reversion to tradition would give us an economic boost for sure

I used to live here .. its the Peacock Building at 2122 Lakeshore Ave. Oakland,CA. It was cool.

Attached: 24131070_2087314938169975_818508212641222375_n.jpg (960x720, 64K)

Art Deco takes a lot of inspiration from the past, namely from ancient Egypt, just look at Art Deco statues.

Here's one of my favorite brutalist buildings

Attached: national-theatre-from-the-northeast-photo-by-philip-vile.jpg (3780x2139, 1.18M)

their archetecture embodies all that they wanted to represent. clean, sophisticated, powerful, honerable, and grand.

Attached: metro51.jpg (794x597, 54K)

Oh fuck off you oversensitive faggot
No one cares that you want to shove the Chrysler building up your ass

Well said, I believe we will find more of use in the past in this art and science than we do at present. I still hestitate to just try to mimic previous styles, as do we not want to create a voice of our own? Or is that not valued enough anymore?

Based
Atleast someone here is a fellow man of culture

Yeah, that's a shame. He also didn't keep the marble pieces and have them sent to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for preservation. There could have been a more modern building to tear down to build his tower instead. Then again, this was 1980 and interest in preserving historic landmarks wasn't as important as it is today.

i like it. check out those comfy balconies.

Brutalism was designed to make people feel small and separated, easier to control.

Tradition my friend is an evolving thing. we can stick to our roots and keep developing them in new ways.

i think that if you're a modern person and you study a lot of the best work of the past it's inevitable that you will figure out what elements were involved in making those past efforts successful. Then you will naturally apply those elements to your new design that feels more appropriate for the time in which you live.

Fucking brutalists always invading art deco threads.

Attached: Italiano Proofs.png (870x612, 29K)

>Americas own unique style
>literally invented in France and adopted globally
stop choking on so many cocks please

>Oakland
Did you have to deal with many dindus?

>t. brainlet

It's a good point, nihil novi I suppose.
It's all about ethos though, I see deco coming out of futurism, whereas as natsoc stripped classical comes out of volkische romanticism of past glories.

it's the same appreciation

no it was the early 80's. I lived with an Art Student as her boy-toy.

I KNOW IM HAVING A CATHARTIC MOMENT IN THIS THREAD AND THESE COMMIES BARGE IN

Nice. At least you got to live-it-up in California before the kikery got turned up to 11.

I've always felt that Brutalism works really well if you combine with a ton of living plants and greenery.

But that's just my faggy opinion

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 54K)

Man I love art-deco. I was at the Met in NYC, and I recall seeing this fucking table. A fucking wooden console table with thin legs. I was so impressed, even though I know nothing of furniture, nor art that I still remember gaping in awe at how beautiful it was.

>muh catharsis
go back to tumblr faglord, a little banter and your having a panic attack

>adopted globally

nobody owns an art style but we can wear it the best, and we did. And it was beautiful

Fair points. Seems most of us like or love Art Deco, Brutalism is polarizing (likely tied to individualist or collectivist personality traits), and there seems to be a yearning for something that demonstrates power and unity.

For what it's worth I'll be doing a lot of mock-ups after this thread once we seem to come to a closer picture of what alt-deco could be, I'll post stuff in the coming weeks if any turn out well.

Good thread

Attached: F70BCC94-1D79-4E61-BD67-0355EC1ABDBB.jpg (3264x2448, 2.45M)

same time era not same origins

I cherish the memories.

Attached: PGM_Cooper.jpg (551x351, 63K)

Inspired by or not, I still think fascist architecture at the very least arrived at many of the same conclusions as Art Deco. I can't help but notice the similarities. I mean, look at that eagle.

Attached: Adolf Hitler makes keynote address at Reichstag session, Kroll Opera House, Berlin, 1939..jpg (1400x947, 218K)

iirc, he mentioned this in Art of the Deal. In the book, it says he regrets not having saved that piece, but of course who knows if that is true or not. It was mentioned that it would have cost a lot of money, but in retrospect he regretted having not saved it regardless.

Dew it! and yeah for me its about ideology what it produced. i believe that architecture and everything we build has some sort of metaphysical meaning even if its only in our minds. but we know when we are surrounded by important architecture. and we know when we are sitting in a glass box with tin windows.

i think brutalism is only polarizing because some people who are taught about it are poisoned with jewry whereas those who came to appreciate it through the experience in the natural world recognize it as what it really is. that said, this is an Art Deco thread if you want it to be, the trick is to keep posting Art Deco stuff.

same /appreciation/

Your 100% correct sir. I can appreciate brutalism in a certain setting (i don't think it should be in city's) but i cant help but feel that looming feeling whenever im in one of thoes structures

>the institution of European Architecture
You spelt Greek and Roman wrong, because that's what you think "European" is
Christcucks did nothing but copy them over and over again because their religion is incapable of inspiring therefore it had to do nothing but imitate
Lucky for us the founding fathers didn't do it because of some cuck religion they did it to establish the foundations of where our government comes from and to continue a legacy long since forgotten
P.S.- Christianity is not "culture", learn the fucking difference

Brutalism makes me feel like big brother is watching. more closely than usual

art nouveau is better
>BOI
youtube.com/watch?v=j_KmZsA5Pfs

Attached: Albrecht_Dürer_-_Melencolia_I_-_Google_Art_Project_(_AGDdr3EHmNGyA).jpg (1200x1516, 838K)

the irony here is that it borrows pretty heavily from other cultures

It's undeniable. The architecture of their bunkers also transitions nicely as a kind of ten-years-too-early ur-brutalism.

Attached: 1505575011501.jpg (1600x828, 283K)