YOUR FAVORITE HISTORICAL PERIOD

middle ages (476 - 1350)
renaissance (1350 -1550)
modernity and baroque (1550 - 1700)
enlightenment (xviii century)
romanticism and victorianism (xix century)
modernism (first half of the xx century)
pop culture (1950 - today)

dates are approximate.

explanations are welcome.

Attached: 176853852_fa72d4d806.jpg (500x367, 220K)

>middle ages (476 - 1350)
cause for a good 900 years there was a lot of interesting advancements happening in the orient
literally one of the few times in history where the west was less than even second best

1890-1914
BEST HISTORICAL PERIOD EVER
Prove me wrong Jow Forums

post a smaller image next time

well, i would stay with the west tho. if we include asia it becomes too chaotic.

mobile Jow Forums master race here

>1950-1991
The Cold War was the best time. Most countries became hyper-nationalistic and tech skyrocketed faster than ever before.

This, but I would expand the time frame to cover more of the mid and late 19th century.

to me the xx century begins in the 80s of the xix century.

>modern art (gauguin, van gogh, rodin, etc)
>midern literature (nietzsche, a. france, conrad, maeterlinck, etc)
>modern architecture (gaudì)
> modern music (satie, mahler, strauss, debussy)
> modern technology (phone, bulb, modern concrete, etc)

1865-1965
Starting with the end of the civil war and ending with the start of Vietnam. There was no better period in American history.

Anyone who doesn't choose 1950 - today is lying to himself.

i think it's quite the opposite. favouring this period (which is objectively the ugliest), just because it's ongoing, is a kind of escapism/optimism to me.

>chingchongs actually believe this
kek

Objectively the ugliest?
>best living standards in history by far
>same with technology
>highest levels of education
>1/3 of Europeans aren't dying because of the fucking Black Plague
>b-but immigrants and sluts
Get real, Guido.

nah ur on the money wog sama

The 1880s was when our technological advancements began to constantly improve more than any point before. European empires and America were even more dominate than they had been in previous centuries. I do prefer the art and fashion of the 18th and early 19th century though. If I could have chosen the time I was able to live in I would go with 1830 - 1913.

>be an australian without any historical past.
>muh technology
> hasn't already realized that an iphone xs or even a CT will never make you freer or happier.
> depression, verginity, alt-right bitterness
> suicide
> iphone xß22 out

>idealising the past this much
>pretending you'd actually take your chances with the wars, plagues, and famines in another century
>not escapism
Pasta nigger, please. If those things bother you then just don't waste your money on them. You can have the simple life you dream about here in this age, just get of the internet and go live in the woods. I assure you that you won't last a week away from all this depression and bitterness.

Probably renaissance, best of the medieval period and best of modern times

> your favorite historical period.
We are about to live it.

i don't hate technology, i simply think that technology is not enough. therefore avoiding technology would be quite irrational.
actually it's you who says :
>Anyone who doesn't choose 1950 - today is lying to himself
and you can't argue it, if not through that muh technology nonsense.
to me, it doesn't make any fucking difference if your intellect is satisfied with hip hop, jeff koons, mcdonalds, breaking bad, #metoo, et cetera.
if i could choose , i would live in the 20s.

My favorite is classical Roman (33 - 357)
It was based and redpilled.

based and redpilled post. 2nd that

1918-1945

wtf why use letters to describe those centuries? just say 1800s you try hard fag

1871-1914

XIX century was the peak of civilization, after that everything just went downhill. Sure, we have all the fancy technology and medicine and computers, but our souls are dead.

1550-1700 of course

Attached: sl_vakt_by_manulacanette-d967wht.jpg (3000x2000, 2.1M)

i'm so much smarter with the Internet now and can see that all history was shit for most of the time thanks to The Man. in other eras i would have lived like a cuck. best historical time is now.

I guess this painting...
so somewhere in the 1800s

Attached: Richard Bergh (1858–1919) Nordic summer's evening - oil on canvas 1899-1900.jpg (2464x1632, 2.72M)