Wicker Cringe Thread

>Be me
modern Pagan big interest in Germanic/Norse Folk tales eating healthier and physical fitness

Encounter a coworker she notices my Mjölnir Necklace immediately thinks I'm a marvel fan

Explain to her no I don't care about comic books espically find the Thor and Loki ones to be cringy just say "I'm Pagan"

She goes apeshit all about how she loves harry potter and is actually a "Wicker" then says she's happy Paganism isn't infected by toxic masculinity and homophobia like Christianity

Lol wut has anyone else encountered shit like this?

Attached: IMG_8825.jpg (625x625, 92K)

>Paganism isn't infected by toxic masculinity and homophobia like Christianity
I fucking wish
>t.Christian

This is OP:
>Be me
>Be a retard into LARPing
>Meet other people into the same LARPing as me
>They are retards
>Wat do

kys

why would you prefer Germanic paganism from roman paganism, the Romans were basically the paragon of civilization and defined the western world, while the Nordics were raiders and farmers

BASED!

Attached: 1541374118801.png (261x261, 111K)

You're a neo-pagan and you've never met a fliffy bunny Wiccan? How's that even possible?

Oof let me get some ice

No I haven't is this shit really common?

Attached: IMG_8778.jpg (476x698, 86K)

>Be me, a wicker cringe thread.
>Created by a wicker, with no concept of irony
>All I want is to reach page 10
>Some faggot bumps me thinking he's being all meta

A good witch is a lit witch.

Attached: original.jpg (624x471, 78K)

Yes extremely common.

Have I encountered wannabe Asatru, Gardenarian fucksticks, and milquetoast “pagans” that claim a historical lineage they don’t have? Yeah. All the time.

I mean I don't pray to sticks and shit I just like alot of the myths and runes wasn't aware it had become a new breeding ground for Lesbian retardation

Wicka, not wicker

FTW

Yeah she's hispanic too like I may be a burger but my family at least has German Slavic and Nordic roots like 2 generations away but this shit i may as well be claiming to perfom native American Shamanism

Hey thays how she pronounced it I'd never heard of that till now

Wicka shit has been about for a long time, it first became popular again in the 90s with hippy chicks

Wicca*

well my dude, outwardly exhibiting symbols associated with numerous interests will do that. kind of like wearing swastikas because of muh Indian heritage and being surprised when someone calls you a nazi.

also get out from under your rock paganism has been embraced by all sorts of folks looking to identify as anything but turboautists.

Luckily Slavic and Baltic paganism haven't been subverted by feminists and degenerates.

Attached: 1351450103636.jpg (900x599, 271K)

I’m kinda into Santeria but I hate the basic white girl witches that now think it’s feminist cool thing. It’s not.

God dammit Jeremy.

Dude. I’m a US expat. There’s a tiny community that wants to recreate old Slavic religion, but mostly nobody cares. This was, maybe still is, the most atheistic country in the world. The old rituals and beliefs are pointless. it’s a new world, it could use new ideas. The only things worth keeping are the universal parts. You should be able to figure out what these are.

Minutely reminder that the overwhelming majority of modern pagans are left wing degenerates

Hippies that explains alot then

I mean I had seen Runes and Norse symbols used by Nazis but wasn't aware it had become a modern feminist thing

>witch bows to no man
holy fuck lmao

Attached: laugh_big.jpg (410x480, 45K)

Most of them look like the stereotypical DnD fan or power metal fan.

Christianity is pretty clear on race and gender issues. Its just most people flocking to it ignore those verses as it doesnt fot their worldview but still call themselves christian

They don't need to bow when they are on their knees with a cock down their throat.

This, you are just as retarded at that girl.

Oddly enough, most of these "witches" are just nu-goth girls that wear collars and enjoy being degraded by "daddies" before they cry themselves to sleep.They're massive sluts, and I don't mean in the awesome way.

On Jow Forums Paganism is represented by Varg

IRL Paganism is represented by girls who weigh over 200 lbs and use hair dye

Bullshit. They’d have to be far more interesting to qualify as ‘degenerate’.

>liking civilization
Civilization is killing us.

Ah i see its just another Goth/Emo clique explains alot

Yeah. They're in the larval stage of catladydom.

>larval stage of catladydom

>My fucking sides

Attached: IMG_8627.jpg (1080x914, 87K)

Hehehe. Fuck me. That’s so right it hurts.

>Lol wut has anyone else encountered shit like this?
Neo-paganism is becoming more and more sissified thanks to feminist infiltration. In fact Wicca was created a by a CIA nigger just to draw in women. It doesn't really give them any power but it's a tool to vent their grief against the Patriarchy. It's not that nature-based religions inevitably lead this, in fact it should be the opposite in nature a woman knows her place and it's below the man and the man should have moral obligations not to enforce this, more brutally than Christianity or Islam ever did.

Eventually some of them will grow out of it and move into other neo-pagan sectors like Asatru, old-greek myth, etc but bring the feminist poison with them essentially infecting everyone and alienating those who're actually in for the tradition and what-not.

Attached: baphomets-bike-ha-ha-what-aretard-32446919.png (500x541, 106K)

*shouldn't have moral obligations

You WILL bow to me if you want sex, bitch.

get off the internet you brainlet cuck

>pagan
Have you come out of the closet to your dad yet?

Not an argument.

And these modern types are also left-leaning. Look at how hipsters are liberal. Have you ever met a conservative hipster? A conservative pastel girl? A conservative raver? A conservative emo? A conservative crust punk?

Any of the offshoot "religions" are cringy.

>co-worker has a taoism necklace
>ask him about it
>boss comes in
>"You're not a Taoist, you're a fucking stoner"

breathing is choking me

Bet you use """Norse"""" terminology and whatnot even though theres not a drop of their blood in you, i've noticed American pagans that try and take it seriously all do that because it's the "hip and cool" version (LE VIKANGZ R SO EPIKK!!!!111 etc). In other words you're probably as LARPy as her.

>picking and choosing
Paganism is blood related. You shouldn't be picking and choosing which gods are "super cool".

Life's too short for this shit.

Grandmother is German, Grandfather Danish parents on other side Russian and I'm not some retarf who worships "Vikings" cause i listened to amon amarth once I care about the actual Norse mythology not the petty raiding bullshit

>Mjölnir Necklace
To be fair, you are wearing women's jewellery, so it's no wonder she assumed you are a feminist.

So in other words you're more Russian than you are Germanic. You're larping then basically.

Going from "I bet you dont have an ounce of blood" to "achchually despite rhe fact you have some in you you're more this race" okay buddy

Thats not a race dumdum, you're just picking and choosing what seems cool instead of actually following the ways of your ancestors. I guess thats the problem with being a rootless mutt though, so many branches means such a confused identity.

Women aren’t driven by logic or reason.

She noticed you weren’t paying attention to her so she became interested in you. She tried to use comic books as a test to see if you were worth her time, and you passed by not being a beta comic book reading faggot. She wants the D now, so she’s making up lies to try and seem relatable and interesting to you.

Also paganism is the LGBT equivalent of a D&D group. A few women get together and make shit up because they hate reality, then they feel like this special story they invented is meaningful somehow. I’ve literally yet to meet a woman who knows jack shit about any non-Semitic religion. They just think appreciating nature makes you a witch, and they grew up wishing they were Hermione.

>"Im pagan"
>using pejorative terms to describe your own beliefs
deep down you know you are false, accept Christ before it is too late

>Slavic and Baltic paganism
I see 3 whores who LARP.

The norsemen was almost as important as the romans and greeks in european history. They started international trading

>sees 3 women in traditional garb
>describes them as whores
Fucking niggers...guess LARPing as a sheep of rabbi Yeshua ben Yosef is more enlightening.

I do have Scandinavian blood, and a scandi name, but ive always found my cornish heritage more interesting. Most burgers who start larping as pagans are laughable, fat pasty vikangs.

Show a self-proclaimed Germanic/Norse "pagan" this image and 90% of the time they'll have no idea what this is of.

Attached: 0.jpg (1044x700, 103K)

Or this one.

Attached: bbe7d224c9b518967d8993af65ac5af5.jpg (480x654, 62K)

Looks like some fine gantlemen casting farming equipment. Please note the children who are not yet old enough to inherit shoes, footwear used to be very expensive. Note also the lack of windows in the house, you don't need light in there, you're supposed to work those fields during the day, windows let out your precious heat during winter nights anyway.

Witches are real
t. Beatrice the Golden

This is why you pagans are embarrassing, they're all related to Proto-Indo-European mythologies and thus share a common ancestor, you can honestly pick and choose. The Greeks & Romans themselves noticed this and mistakenly assumed it was because different people simply used different names for the same God. Google "Interpretatio graeca" or "Interpretatio romana."

They did no such thing, trade between peoples on an "international" level has existed since well before the rise of the Viking Golden Age. There is evidence of trade existing between the middle east and as far as Britain thousands of years before Christ. Norsemen's greatest accomplishments were ships with a shallow keel and mass destruction and enslavement of societies that were less keen on wanton enslavement and destruction.

Jow Forums is a christian board, repent now pagan.

Attached: 1536876104767.jpg (1250x872, 632K)

Those are Bronze Age Scandinavians. Their quality of life was better than the later Viking age, even if metallurgy was iron-based. During this time, they were on par with Mediterraneans and Celts. Because of a shortage of Amber and other resources, and also mysterious reasons, they went through a dark age for a few hundred years. If this didn't happen, they would have been an advanced civilization.

Notice the use of metal shields, elaborate craftworks, clean-cut styles, houses made of earth rather than timber, etc. compared to later where homes were of wood, swords were few, and appearances were more rugged, as well as the need to plunder or trade resources from outside their homelands.

Attached: g3bhdrS.jpg (887x673, 98K)

Advice of the century:
Kill her and then yourself.
Faggot.

Fuck Jannies

>t. Billy-Bob

Attached: pagan.png (1270x1136, 132K)

Definition of a pagan is a person who does not follow the god you follow. Therefore you are calling yourself a person who does not follow the god you follow.

seems legit.

Why can't you name the specific line of beliefs you follow instead of a generic word?

God revealed himself to us here

Attached: C26F72B6-3FED-484C-AE83-803E480EDFCE.jpg (1440x2000, 806K)

While that is true which is less larpy? Picking your favourite interpretation because it looks cool (lets be honest, thats exactly why "norse" paganism is popular) or going with that which your ancestors practiced? Christians and Muslims may aswell just practice Judaism or those which Judaism evolved from but they don't do they?

ffs, no need to be cryptic about shit. stand up tall. at least say something definitive like "I'm polytheist" or "I'm animist" or even "I'm like a really spiritual person". Any of those would compel me to respect your contentions. "I am pagan" just means you're a bandwagoning turnip without a clue, and you probably think you can cast spells or some shit.

American pagans are a joke, there isn’t any cultural continuity there it’s just liberals LARPing

Balts are really the only place where the embers of pagan Europe are still lit, the Estonians in particular are quite irreligious but culturally they celebrate pagan traditions. Also a lot of Balt names are paganish - names that translate to stuff like dusk, wave, fire, etc.

The Americans meanwhile are just a bunch of cringy women who LARP as witches and make shitty arts and crafts - it’s more of a hobby than a culture

Attached: 299D89E4-24BA-46E4-AF33-8FF821CBB492.jpg (1536x2048, 615K)

This green text is applicable in so many situations

How does it make you feel as a German that god is apparently Polish?

Pagans themselves were perfectly content picking and choosing other peoples Gods and combining them with their own. Choosing a figure to worship "Because that's what my ancestors did" is absolute brainlet tier and isn't representational of what ancient pagans did. They adopted, abandoned and combined Gods based on the results they got from worshiping specific Gods.

>pic
she just didnt meet the right guy yet.

>interested in german/norse folk tales
>so, follows jewish witch craft
Why is it so hard for people to figure out that they used to be called jewitches?

Be me>

Can't green
text

Use reddit spacing for no reason at all

jej irl

Attached: 1515347652184.jpg (532x446, 26K)

Makes sense, many polytheistic religions had deities with absolute "might makes right" mentality. It only makes sense for the worshippers to have similar "might makes divine" mentality.
>Fuck that weak ass faggot holy tree, I'm going to worship the same Hammerguy my neighbor does, and get as beautiful wifes and shitload of gold like him!

>It's not that nature-based religions inevitably lead this
That's debatable. There's are arguably an inherent feminine spirit to the telluric elements.

>Definition of a pagan is a person who does not follow the god you follow
It isn't.

Lithuania more so than Estonian really.

Well of courses Witches don't bow, kinda hard to bend when your tied up to the pole being burned alive.

Attached: 1515198884430.png (1128x1002, 105K)

>and get as beautiful wifes and shitload of gold like him!
Sounds you're describing an already degraded state.

Pagans always hated Christians because their religion is more refined. Jews fucked that up though.

Pagans can be beat in arguments so easy. All you have to do is say you follow the word without following the religion.

Boom, all of a sudden the convictions of Christianity can't be held against you.

Pagan just means nonmainstream religion. Paganism came before refined religion conquered them.

Yeah, they all run out and buy tarot cards and incense. And crystals of course

Tell that faggot.

Faggots need not apply to Germanic Beliefs

>dyed blonde
>six million tons of makeup
>"traditional" style basic revealing clothes instead of actual folk dress

ree.

Those people didn't fucking call themselves "pagan". The Romans called them "pagan". The Romans called them "pagan" because they believed in gods that were not Roman gods. Even to that point, those people the Romans called "pagan" didn't run around referring to themselves as "pagans" like fucking retards.

>Paganism is heavily based on:
>Tribalism
>Preserving your people
>ancestor worship (your ancestors shall rise from their graves when their descendants are under threat)
>identity
Then these people take paganism into their hands
>B-b-but anyone can be a pagan
>pagans were feminists
>muh wahmen warriors
>National identity has no place here

Attached: 1497352687_EmpsAngri.gif (320x180, 625K)

Yup. I would call myself henotheistic (which is what you are describing) or an eclectic pagan. Very freeing.

Honestly not bothered by the pagan revival even if it is larping it can evolve into sincere practice.

That's why when we think of witches we think of a hunched old woman with a long hooked nose and green (olive) skin that eats children. They're jews.

>>National identity has no place here
To be fair, the matter is confused by modern Nationalism which is an inauthentic identity.

Iron-age housing was made out of timber and earth, shields made purely out of metal are shit and inferior to a mix of rawhide, glue, and planks. And regarding "elaborate craftworks" just take a look at this vendel-age helmet.

Attached: v14 b.jpg (541x721, 130K)

That does it, I'm starting a Doomguy cult with RIPPING AND TEARING all evil as the core teaching.

Attached: doom guys.gif (478x218, 1.43M)