In Ancient Rome, they wiped their asses with an implement called a Tersorium ('sponge on a stick')...

In Ancient Rome, they wiped their asses with an implement called a Tersorium ('sponge on a stick'). It was a sea sponge attached to a stick which was kept in a bucket of vinegar. The bucket had rough edges where you could scrub off the shit.

Most Roman latrines were public use and so you would have to share a Tersorium with your fellow citizens. Unfortunate slaves would have the duty of emptying the buckets and cleaning the Tersoriums. Suffice to say that despite Roman advancements of the sewer and sanitary system, disease was still a major problem.

You have just learned something about Ancient Rome.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x701, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dWUzfJGmt5U&
youtube.com/watch?v=Mxi6sDKZZKU&t=4
youtube.com/watch?v=G-baoojvu1o
youtube.com/watch?v=4NAtkPBE1L4&t=59s
youtube.com/watch?v=8Lq8CnoXHqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>they dont use the three shells

Very redpilled.

another case of the white niggers right sargon?

Attached: k-keep-me-posted-3401629.png (500x593, 169K)

>not having a personal shitstick
How plebeian.

>not having a slave lick your anus clean

>You have just learned something about Ancient Rome.
thanks

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: john-spartan.jpg (500x451, 146K)

>he doesnt know how to use the three shells

>not having a slave to wipe upon.

At least they wiped. Europoors didn't even use anything until Americans invented toilet paper in the 1900's

And yet niggers hajjis chinks and poos are still wiping their arses with their bare hands.

When days were old
And knights were bold
And toilets weren't invented
They left their load
Upon the road
And walked away contented

we used bidets, american barbarians BTFO

speaking of which i guess women couldnt rinse all the cum out of their vaginas after intercourse. must suck trying to sleep with jizz dripping into your ass crack.

>vinegar
A sage solution would slide that shit right off their asses, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=dWUzfJGmt5U&

>Roman Empire
>not Europe

Lard education

Demolition man. Love that movie. Pic not related, that's Death Race 2000

Attached: Party_Time.gif (342x240, 179K)

lie, whites didn't do nothing before BLACK moors invented water

>vinegar on asshole

Attached: 1541109166449.gif (363x282, 1.95M)

Ancient Rome is one of the most interesting civilizations to exist, and many of the problems they faced mirror those we face today.

In particular, anyone thinking about autonomisation and the affect on the workforce should look at Roman slavery and the affect such cheap labour had on Roman citizens.

Very much so. Also look at how women behaved during the last days of the Empire and the level of multiculturalism within Rome itself.

Attached: 15117405684225.gif (498x206, 3.43M)

>people 2000 years ago not having our modern standards of hygiene

Based and redpilled analogy

I’m a fat fuck from a family of fat fucks. I grew up using a sauce mop. This is what I was taught to use as a kid and it’s what I still use to this day. It stays next to the toilet with just a little vinegar and a splash of bleach.

Attached: FBCD597B-A154-49A7-AC0E-E298F2B6F87F.jpg (1000x1000, 20K)

They used white vinegar.

tell me more user

In all fairness, a high pressured hose like they use in SE Asia is by far superior to toilet paper.

I still think that the Romans were advanced for the time, although I believe it was the Greeks who first invented the sponge on a stick

Do y put it in your ass when your poop

Still better than modern India.

Mark Antony famously BLACKENED HIS EYES WITH SOOT, LIKE A PROSTITUTE.

You have just learned something about Ancient Rome.

Attached: 6mZ2W99.jpg (1899x1070, 328K)

Attached: rag_on_a_stick.jpg (736x546, 38K)

not him but Julius Ceaser writes about it. Even in his era there were far too many slaves so regular citizens were out of work, leading to degeneracy and general decay of society.

any examples on similarities?
what effect exactly?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Mxi6sDKZZKU&t=4
>youtube.com/watch?v=G-baoojvu1o

Snesly Whipes

The technique is to reach in from the front and rub clean, flush holding the mop head in the water while still sitting, whisk it clean with the new water, then flush again. Once it’s cleaned off, it goes back in the bucket where the weak vinegar and bleach solution keeps it clean for the next use.

Vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=4NAtkPBE1L4&t=59s
A Trump ad filmed 15 years ago, about 2000 years ago.

when you don't eat starchy crops your waste just slides out

dear god thats gross

How is that possible? Did they have titanium asses? Or did they walk,around with diaper rash everyday.

The decay and fall of the Roman Empire. Slavery bred indolence in the citizens, indolence bred hedonism, which bred a complete adandonment of Roman values. Multiculturalism undermined Roman culture, slaves and poverty led to welfare programs and the eventual collapse of the state

>tfw caesar found the shit-sponge-on-a-stick

youtube.com/watch?v=8Lq8CnoXHqM

Weren't slaves already part of the Roman culture at the beginning?

Rome conquered a lot. Imagine cities where the noble/business classes have slaves for every need. There is no need to hire or pay anyone. The working class gets reduced to nothing and the middle class suffers too.

In short, slaves were essentially like robots (which makes even more sense when you consider that robot is just a czech word for slave). They didn't require wages, only maintenance and a few to guard them, no different from machines requiring electricity and a few technicians to repair them.

This cheap labour made Roman citizens who expected a reasonable wage (like modern day minimum wage laws) unemployable. Machines can work for free, like Roman slaves.

The Roman citizens could not earn money, feed themselves and their families, or afford any goods. They began to riot, and the patricians (who owned all the slaves) realised that even with the army they were still outnumbered by the mobb, and the army didn't want to kill their own citizens anyway.

And so the patricians established the most comprehensive welfare system in the ancient world, the grain dole gave everyone food (think food stamps) and wine. Patricians funded public bath houses and amusements to distract people.

Patronage became extremely important. Each major patrician would patronize a number of citizens relative to their own wealth, each day people would queue up in front of their patrons house to receive an allowance. The patrons could count on their patronees to support them politically. It was all part of the politics of the mob.

>ywn be Mark Antony's bro and be at his side through his triumphs and despairs
It fuckin hurts man

Attached: crying.jpg (800x450, 151K)

I might remember Roman history inaccurately but was there a working class/middle class? Did that working class "compete" with the Roman nobility?

Were the working class Roman citizens allowed to own slaves or was that the noble's privilege?

Sorry I didn't include, here
At the start the slave to citizen ratio was much lower: think one slave for every 10 citizens or something alike.

Bread and circuses.

It didn't end well.

Romans didn't even have soap before they got the technology from the Celts

Americans were a mistake.

Checked and now thinking about why my doggos don’t need to wipe their asses.

and white people didn't know how to wash until the black moorish people taught them how!

Anyone could own slaves, and their use was quite common.

The middle class is a bit weird, but you still had people the patricians needed to deal with each other - lawyers, traders, merchants, and stewards for managing estates. That kind of thing.

I mean we're basically heading there already. I expect to see Rome again in my lifetime, we already have state funded entertainment in the UK it just isn't very comprehensive. Yet.

I'm just going to try and earn as much as I can and get some land before the shit hits the fan, and after that hopefully I can ride out the rest of my life on basic income and BBC provided VR goggles so I can watch immersive gladiatorial games whilst getting blown by a sex bot.

AVE MAY!

First class a-hole thread. Go and whipe your butt OP.

doesn't follow mate

>SpongeBob ShitStick

Someone in the future: In 2018 people still used toilet paper like savages.

You don't know how people get accustomed to savagery if they experience a certain convention since birth.

>who lives in a shitty pot in a latrine?

This made me snicker! Upvoted.

I upvoted you're mom's butt the other day haha

Are you me?

Who themselves used the tersorium and gave you ancient anal aids with their diseased tongue

Considering one could become a slave just by not being able to pay back a debt towards rich dudes, how did the poor not end up becoming all slaves?
Also, I seem to recall some roman-time mechanization efforts (minor things, like linking mills to saws for cutting wood or other similar shit) were opposed by the Roman Emperors because they couldn't wrap their heads around how to get rid of slaves while maintaining the same social order or something like that

And pajeets still poo along the streets

But..wouldn't the sponge still have shit on it from other people? So people cleaned their asses with a vinegar drenched shit covered sponge?

Attached: 1541721942620.jpg (1065x1600, 124K)

Servitude =/= slavery.
If you owed money you would work until the debt is paid in full, not become a slave for life.

I see, thanks.

I don't think people will have their own robots to replace them at work. Instead the corporations will simply employ a robotic force with AI on top if it and write off the previous workers. Perhaps some corporations will force/stimulate their now redundant workforce to re-educate themselves and do the jobs that require human interaction. With that having said, we'd also need the governments to regulate automated work.
We have no idea what ((((((they)))))) they are planning though but something tells me that we aren't far away from knowing on what's coming.

When you make similarities between Rome and the modern civilization, do you mean Western? I agree. But what happens with other nations that have competing ideologies? For example China and Russia.

The technique is to whisk it in clean water after flushing then let it soak in the vinegar and bleach solution. It stays remarkably clean. I actually prefer the mop to toilet paper

Well, vinegar does clean up and disinfect, up to a certain degree
It still is the cheap alternative to detergents even nowadays after all
But since it ain't 100% effective I imagine there were still some problems

>keeps it clean
>clean
we have established that Fat and Clean are relative things with in your family.

Totly difrnt

Holy shit wtf

Attached: 1511208671753.gif (480x228, 263K)

Mmmmhh
Now that I look into it , you're right
On the other hand, any poor fella had the right to sell his own children as slaves to make some money, as long as he was pater familias
So that might have happened as well

>Snesly Whipes

Attached: 1542548307816.png (1135x851, 320K)

ruddy heck. do americans really do this?

Attached: 1539265323936.jpg (618x579, 70K)

>our ancestors were some kind of scat fetishist

Oh nonononono

Also, W E W on the reason it was abolished
>literal equivalent of social media firestorms regulated ancient Rome's politics

Attached: Schermata 2018-11-18 alle 14.40.18.png (1207x179, 76K)

I don't have a reaction face for this one
I think it's time for me to go to bed

Attached: 6eo62.jpg (335x500, 30K)

you guys always fall so easily, your prejudices already make you prone to believing bullshit

we used this

Attached: corncob.jpg (1024x683, 516K)

i don't do it and i'd say that i'm a pretty normal american

What if you kept it in a bucket of alcohol?

WAIT A FUCKING SECOND
It has just occurred to me
When Jesus was on the cross and said he was thirsty the Roman soldiers gave him vinegar with a sponge on a stick to drink
Were they using THAT?

Patrick Star of David?

Attached: WF19k7S9MR-12.png (300x250, 23K)

Attached: 1540948997397.jpg (500x700, 51K)

Fucking hell, mate

Attached: 503160030918.gif (350x350, 881K)

MY SIDES

John Wayne?

To be honest this is pushing the extent of my knowledge, but I can only imagine that - again - it came down to the fact we're talking about a huge group of citizens. I'm not saying they couldn't have all been enslaved, it's just that doing so would of been extremely destructive.

Plus lets keep in mind they were citizens, they had votes and they used them to elect Tribunes who represented them. The senate had a large reform faction who worked to protect the citizenry, which I would like to believe we still see some of today.

When I talk about robots in an industrial sense they're rarely humanoid ones, just designed to do a single task like put a pizza in an oven and take it out. For personal use, well that's more of a fantasy for me.

On the subject of human interaction, or more 'social' orientated jobs if we look at the market today these are actually some of the biggest growth areas. Jobs like 'genetics counselor' are appearing much more than manufacturing jobs. I think it will be a longer time before these get replaced by AI.

As for Russia and China, honestly it's almost the same for every ideology because this problem is at the root of all ideologies. In this case it's a technological problem, as technology advances and machines can outperform humans, humans lose their jobs. People need money to survive, the patricians have money. If people starve they'll riot and attack the patricians, so the patricians establish welfare to support the people.

The only exception to this is if the patricians decide to fight the people, in which case you get a bloody civil war. I would speculate that if you had an automated army (basically, Terminators) they could cull the people.

Oh fuck the revelation is here

Attached: 1523136258006.jpg (447x723, 49K)

Attached: anonymous-03-02-12-fri-17-39-no-1921453-if-only-you-knew-how-bad-28669312.png (500x522, 141K)

HAHAHAHAHAHA KIKES ON A STICK DRINK SHIT ON A STICK AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking hell!

Attached: 1538983112097.jpg (342x342, 8K)

Silly faggot all (((historians))) agree the problems faced by time have no correlation to the current problems faced by America (or by England).

WOW