CATHOLIC GENERAL - /CG/ - USCCB Edition

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY

THREAD THEME SONG youtube.com/watch?v=FR-oUzimkLI&start_radio=1&list=RDFR-oUzimkLI

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Here your daily readings
ewtn.com/daily-readings/

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops was days ago, what a shame, that should remind us, especially to US catholics to move and organice even more around good bishops across the country to work together to clean this filth.

We have a Group for Telegram.
> The phone number?
Yes, Nobody can see it anyway, still better than WhatsApp or Discord.
Catholic Group
t.me/Catholic_Sword
Christian Group (for all denominations and who are interested)
t.me/christian_8ch
Main Channel
t.me/CorpusChristi
the rest of groups and channels. t.me/thecatholicgeneral

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Seek your closest Latin Mass!
latinmassdir.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en

>Collection of Posts
pastebin.com/w0tEeC80
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/VrB4FRdK
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/9SiuTJzj
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/G3xKa9kk
>Recommended Internet Media (Podcast, YouTube etc..)
pastebin.com/Y1F8dekF
>Beauty of Creation and Virtue
pastebin.com/yFM4rTsc

By one user: Aganist OSAS : Galatians
pastebin.com/R4kgCprC
Neat quality.

Attached: Altar-Guild-2011.jpg (2256x1496, 987K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/k8wkt
newadvent.org/cathen/11618c.htm
aggiecatholicblog.org/2015/03/21-reasons-to-go-to-confession-why-catholics-confess-sins-to-priests/
youtube.com/watch?v=7senWR91kQA
vaticannews.va/en/pope-francis/mass-casa-santa-marta/2018-01/pope-homily-santa-marta0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4LZRfUkw2VU
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c2a4.htm
saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html
theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/15/brazil-foreign-minister-ernesto-araujo-climate-change-marxist-plot?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR1wKEXTj53U1sY0oShf7LyRXrN5eFNnLzoqWTZGqj0nK4rXpsYVEuSTlfk
catholicherald.co.uk/magazine/are-tensions-rising-between-the-vatican-and-cardinal-burke/
youtube.com/watch?v=jvJbK1ElT6I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Or believe GODs actual truth and finally be free
streamable.com/k8wkt

Attached: 1541822467558.jpg (2556x1886, 1.54M)

I missed Mass today because I am not feeling well.

SAD, its allowed if its because sickness

I’m thinking of converting to Catholicism but I have no intention of doing confession. My kid goes to a catholic school and I don’t want him doing it either. It seems like a pointless humiliation with no benefit to anyone. What does everyone else think? Would it be a dealbreaker if I converted but skipped this part?

You need education in the sacrament of penance, which sadly you will never get from the current Catholic bishops and priests, who are too busy shoving things up their asses. Most people have a very shallow understanding of it, which turns them away.

Read the Catechism. Read the New Advent entry:
newadvent.org/cathen/11618c.htm

All things must come to light, brother. I know its hard to confess, but afterwards yo really feel that things are off your chest. If you try to bury your sins in the darkness, they will only grow.

Its a dealbreaker, you will stay forever in mortal sin without proper forgive of sins and more, its a sacrament.

its a necesary humiliation, if you have the guts to sin you should have the guts to confess them to Christ throught your priest.

aggiecatholicblog.org/2015/03/21-reasons-to-go-to-confession-why-catholics-confess-sins-to-priests/

btw the mayority of catholic schools specially in the anglo shephere aren't really catholic.

Attached: 1541947144488.jpg (720x483, 93K)

Attached: Santiago matomoros.jpg (736x618, 65K)

thanks for bumping

that would make you a heretic but who cares. it's all going to shit. there's a bunch of freemason catholics and they never do confession either

pleasure, thanks for making these threads. I am extremely blackpilled about the state of the Church right now, but it feels good that there are some people out there that are still faithful

Attached: ecclesia triumphans.jpg (1024x681, 264K)

I'm gonna try fasting today and attend evening mass. I heard the early church used to fast from friday to sunday before taking communion. we should all fast more.

Attached: 1509344629828.jpg (596x787, 294K)

Thank you, will do

I don’t try to hide my sins and I’m happy to use them as examples when helping others make better choices, so I don’t feel burdened in any way

I recognize the sins I committed in the past and work to be a better person, but seriously I lead a boring life and don’t really have secrets eating away at me. The sins I committed in the past were due to poor judgment and misguidance rather than hell raising. Christ already knows about them because I prayed about them. Life is humiliating enough without someone telling me my religion also demands my humiliation.

I don’t know enough about the details to understand it all, especially as a newcomer. I feel pretty joyful when I go to church but not joyful about the idea of confession. Maybe I will change my mind over time.

>but I have no intention of doing confession.

If you for any reason doubt the integrity of your priest to handle your confession, you can confess directly to God. He already knows you , He just wants you to make that step to be honest and Truthful so you can know yourself.
You'll know when God forgives you because the demons will no longer have anything to cling on to and torment you about. Do also not forget to Forgive others.

Pic is 3D model replicated from the Shroud of Turin.

Attached: e73502ff7e30fd43b700f3fc9ef68fe7.jpg (640x723, 64K)

going to church is not just about feeling good. if you're too scared to tell somebody your sins then you're not truly repentant of them.

also, humble literally means willingness to accept humiliation. be humble.

Trust in God to the restoration of our church, become a proper instrument for him, do action ,organice decente people, join and involve in good traditional movements or other groups.

we need to do our best everything else it's in God's hands.

indeed! +10000 lets promote fasting

Luke 14:11 (NIV)

11For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Attached: photo_2018-11-11_10-48-16.jpg (853x1280, 176K)

He knows them but he gave his Apostles the hability to forgive sins.

Keep reading about the importance of it.

Attached: montreal st. irene ii.jpg (1600x1063, 264K)

be charitable towards unformed people, show them the way

that's against the cathecism

I am re-reading about it, since I gave advice on it. Morning coffee and Hildegard Von Bingen playing in the background. Meditations on Penance. The Catholic faith is majestic and beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=7senWR91kQA

>humble literally means willingness to accept humiliation.

It's not about accepting humiliation at all,
It's about self awareness and accepting that you might not be the center of the universe.
> "Having or showing a modest estimate of one's importance"

Attached: 1514668414293.jpg (599x644, 99K)

> That goes against Cathechism

The digits disagree

Attached: 1faed17421c6867bf456b7a65c7b71e73d8b164d1f0e5749d583d9037d67ab84.jpg (720x726, 43K)

You only do confession to God with prayers. Catholicism is not Biblical, so your intuition is completely right here.

vaticannews.va/en/pope-francis/mass-casa-santa-marta/2018-01/pope-homily-santa-marta0.html
jesus accepted humiliation on the cross and you're supposed to follow him. don't take communion until you do confession.

What do people think of these findings? I saw this a few months ago and my mind was blows. Is this legit science? Or a quack organization?

The Shroud of Turin: Detailed Analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=4LZRfUkw2VU

>James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.

>Be me
>Forced to go to Church and CCD
>Now currently 19
>Stopped going since work and shit
>Promising to go for Xmas eve mass
>Mfw I might have work that night

Attached: 1542074592810.jpg (720x629, 78K)

I missed the part where you need to confess to a "priest" who calls himself "father".

Digits gave me the reason lol

I converted to Catholicism and it was barely mentioned, we talked about it one time and they said basically that sin isn't like a legal system it's about a relationship with God. We were told to go to confession before we did our first communion but it was on the honor system. The priest also did not seem interested in hearing all of my sins only the ones that were bothering me. The impression I get is that the church does not believe it is easy to commit mortal sin and that people were misunderstanding/misusing the sacrament making it into something negative instead of a positive experience.

you and I have no way of knowing whether a person has committed a mortal sin. God can also forgive mortal sin without confession.

you can still go in the morning and throught the day my friend.

Attached: 1526910535150.jpg (900x900, 78K)

The mayority of priest and parishes are poorly formed and are too relaxed about their duties and doctrine, its a shame. Check the cathecism vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c2a4.htm
on this sacrament if you wanna know it. dont fully trust your priests.

Negative? it wasn't negative, it was purely positive, you are forgiven to make yourself better so you dont sin again.

this is a good quick guide about mortal sin saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html

>God can also forgive mortal sin without confession, that's only under extraordinary circumstances a mortal sin can be remitted through perfect contrition

Attached: 1527265335553.jpg (1748x2480, 1.99M)

that's only under extraordinary circumstances a mortal sin can be remitted through perfect contrition

Attached: 1529702316862.png (900x1200, 1.56M)

yes, I will believe that some guy on the internet knows more about church teaching than the clergy. no thanks.

Attached: A788898C-D226-4E08-9651-FE5AE9832F97.jpg (1242x1579, 1.86M)

i sent you the cathecism. that's church teaching not mine

c'mon dude, he's citing the catechism and aquinas

Attached: 1440238037563.jpg (1280x1440, 827K)

We display humility in our dealings with people every day. Simply being human and full of emotion with so little understanding leaves us in a constant state of unworthiness and humility. I’m suspicious of any need to further castigate and humiliate Christians, because I believe it has led to it our reluctance to stand firmly and calmly in the face of encroaching attack and social decline. Now is the time for righteousness.

no, he's citing his personal interpretation of them which does not match the church's interpretation.

>He isn't Orthodox

Attached: 1541160203255.jpg (640x850, 58K)

I'm telling you to be righteous. don't take communion until you receive the sacrament of reconciliation, or you'll disrespect the body of christ
do you know what the catechism is?

Attached: 1510215025605.jpg (850x1200, 859K)

yes.

>orthodox
>ancap
checks out

Attached: 1526155203361.png (1449x2466, 1.39M)

Prove that doesnt match Church's interpretation, i show my sources and my cittings are totally oficial.

there is nothing wrong about reading by yourself the cathecism.

>Do also not forget to Forgive others.

This is the bit I am trying to work on at the moment. It will take time to make sure I can do it sincerely. I am at peace with myself and my imperfections. Thank you for your input, your words were wise

Catholicism = paganism

I don't have to prove anything, you told me to literally to not trust my priest. such a view is obviously against church teaching.

Wrong, dont fully trust your priest as priests are not infallible

do you really think a priest can never be wrong?
the priest of my church rails against other priests all the time

Attached: 1526149983566.jpg (573x1000, 195K)

My wife owns a nun outfit and I fuck her in it about once a month.

Attached: 20181108_121802.jpg (3072x4096, 1.27M)

If only your paishoners in the states weren't such assholes i'd consider it. People run off at the mouth over religion yet when it comes time to act they act just like any other nigger. Worst part with your kind is they almost always cite their religion, i'm not perfect just forgiven etc. then the nigger behavior continues.

neither are you. the difference here is that I know my priest, his intentions and his character. I can't say the same for you.

protestantism = judaism

Attached: 1526302093779.png (718x1019, 351K)

Daily Reminder that Brazil is going to be the biggest defender of catholicism of the world :)

Foreign Affairs Minister appointed by Bolsonaro:
>I want to help Brazil and the world to free itself from the globalist ideology. Globalism is the economic globalization that started being piloted by cultural Marxism. It's an anti-human and anti-christian system. The faith in Christ means, today, to fight against globalism, which objective is to interrupt the connection between mankind and God, thus making man a slave and God irrelevant. The metapolitical project means, essentially, that we should open ourselves to the presence of God in politics and history."
theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/15/brazil-foreign-minister-ernesto-araujo-climate-change-marxist-plot?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR1wKEXTj53U1sY0oShf7LyRXrN5eFNnLzoqWTZGqj0nK4rXpsYVEuSTlfk

Attached: 1542225861191.png (680x439, 204K)

How can I not be repentant of them when they led to unhappiness? Through youth and ignorance I took the wrong path a few times and I definitely wish i had known better.

I don’t disagree. But that doesn’t say there is no humility without confession.

I will pray that your effort will give fruits, don't choose his input over the rest because that's what you like.

the truth is hard to swallow.

>paganism
You guys can't even understand the implications of the Holy Spirit fagets

that's why i cite the cathecism it knows better than me , good intentions and character can lead to bad outcomes.

>Pope says there is no humility without humiliation

Attached: 1444970470459.jpg (2090x1800, 1.93M)

No, the point here is that this random online person is telling me to trust him over what they are actually saying inside the real Catholic church.

Are you a legit Spaniard?

deus vult larpers

Yes

I don't even know what your point is. do you think you don't have to do confession or something?

Attached: 1529574951566.jpg (600x983, 584K)

Thats the best political news I have read since Trump got elected.

I moved and the only church that is nearby me is a boomer hole with old hags discussing Coronation Street loudly at the backbench and a guitar mass with tamburines. NOBODY CAN EVEN SING ALONG TO THAT GARBAGE, BUT AT LEAST THE SINGER HAG SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD I'M TIME AND SHE DOESNT MIND. Can't wake up

> muh badass

So how's that evil wannabe imago working out for you so far ?

Attached: bf6dd52be5edcad0aba1126477aa6ff2e42a468d483be9c67baaff0ad60298b3.jpg (440x314, 32K)

Check Latin masses and traditional parishes, the rest of parishes are a shame specially in USA, i understand your issue.

Was reading that France is still quite catholic, like the number of believers there is up there with burgerland numbers wise. Wow

Attached: 1540346601081.png (600x810, 1011K)

How can they free themselves to globalism by believing in a globalist organization knows as the Catholic Church?

Attached: 1518809384841.png (640x863, 169K)

Will do, my understanding may change in time

I do confess my sins to people and draw on their advice and comfort. Just not to a priest. Guiding others and sharing with others seems more natural

oh no that's terrible

Attached: 1440559020819.jpg (2264x3432, 3.72M)

I gave one a shot when I was poor, still the same fuck you i've got mine mentality. There's a reason why many churches here hire private security, the parishoners are assholes.

Dont trust me, trust the cathecism, trust the saints and the Fathers of the Church

but your president its a literal evangelical.

I think that is possible that one can be free of mortal sin without going to confession.

And as you can see it's also Biblical. The whole "you must confess to a priest :)" thing was invented so that the church would have control over their adherents, kinda like the Scientologists do with the "e-meter".

pretty dumb move imo. the priest has the ability to forgive you on behalf of god while laymen do not.

in the letter from james he's specifically dressing a priest. they have to confess their sins to one another.

it's possible but it's not probable. god loves a contrite and humble heart.

Attached: 1526149920939.png (760x1329, 1.26M)

I actually think it was changed to be more private and also easier. confessions were initially done in front of the whole congregation.

already done.

by couping the Pope, which is somewhat happening already :)
catholicherald.co.uk/magazine/are-tensions-rising-between-the-vatican-and-cardinal-burke/
Nope he isn't, he is catholic m8, at least he declares himself that way. And he is actively shilling the catholic church to the point of trying to stop the commies from dominating it

Attached: PRC_Cardeal Burke SRM 181.jpg (1280x854, 155K)

>badass
Not really. Nun outfits have been a fetish of mine since I was 7 and first went to sunday school.

>not probable
that's a big claim that is beyond your station to make.

addressing a priest*

Attached: 1529702703976.jpg (2200x2300, 2.6M)

In frace they have a very big core of traditional catholics, they are very organised and united,

they have few belivers but the few actually really believe and are pretty formed.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvJbK1ElT6I

this was made in these decades

I was raised Catholic but left the faith and was an atheist/agnostic for about 6 years (I'm 20 now). I've been thinking a lot about what I really believe and I've recently been wanting to go back to church, go to confession, and really just learn as much as I can about the faith so I can be a better Catholic for myself and also my future family.
Aside from that, I've been thinking a lot about who I am and what I want out of life. I actually met a girl who fits what I'm looking for damn near perfectly, she's right wing and said herself her main goal in life is to be a good wife and mother. We're going to a Catholic service together tonight.
I guess my question, aside from the blogging, is how can I best get back into things and get closer to God in this process?

Attached: 5473de9767c0adf0e133d9ff14988296.jpg (1080x1335, 158K)

Bumping for Christ’s glory

Attached: 6E7AC9C1-9A25-412E-858B-1D800C5A3CE0.jpg (2400x1600, 3.42M)

>making it into something negative instead of a positive experience

This

>don't take communion until you receive the sacrament of reconciliation, or you'll disrespect the body of christ

I appreciate your input, i will definitely give it more thought, and I can’t argue since I know nothing. But on a spiritual level I ain’t feeling it. God sent Jesus down as a normal man to experience all the murkiness of being human. I find it hard to believe that after Jesus became a man, God would somehow feel merely being a flawed human was unclean and some kind of affront

I didn't just make this stuff up, I'm following my own priests teachings too. any sin that you would confess anyway is probably already forgiven, but if you're hiding some sin just because you're afraid of humiliation that is a big problem.

Attached: 1440559083464.png (600x850, 354K)

Hello everyone. I'm not sure how to start but I haven't church in about 5 years since my confirmation at 16 and I'm not sure how to start again. Over the years I slowly grown my faith back in the church through Jow Forums but I'm afraid I'll be ostracized for returning. I really want to wholeheartedly into the church and everything it entails since know I understand how important my faith really is to the spiritual wellbeing of my soul. Is there anything I have to do assure my return is as smooth as possible?

you should ask this at your local parish instead of online. you will get a bunch of "traditionalists" telling you to only go to latin mass and ignore everything in Vatican II or that the Pope is a heretic.

just go to your nearest church, do confession and start receiving communion. there's nothing to it.

Attached: 1444327763573.jpg (600x480, 107K)

No one will ostracise you. Just go back and attend mass, just because you show up doesn’t mean people will talk to you. If anything they’ll be happy you found your way back. Thomas doubted and he’s one of the most famous saints

Who are young girls praying for after mass? Not for boyfriend?