Who is Christian and lives in the UK?

You seem to be a dying breed
theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/07/church-in-crisis-as-only-2-of-young-adults-identify-as-c-of-e

Attached: 13441316312.png (655x648, 554K)

Old+Shit

Attached: 837CC23E-F190-416D-95A6-29BA4AD56FD2.jpg (480x360, 32K)

When the world is more easily explained through actual science, the rest of the fairy tales just kinda fall apart. It's impossible not to realize if you have eyes and ears. Religion helped explain the scary natural world once and offered moral guidance to the aimless masses through the threat of eternal hellfire. Just like a child who realizes his parents' threats are hollow, humanity is finally discarding mythology for a slowly-revealed and fantastic reality.

Friendly reminder that Catholics and Protestants are sects.

Church of England have women priests.
Total satanic degenerates.

appeal to authority

>doesn't know science explains the presence of higher powers within the universe
>doesn't know science has found the fingerprints of God in the sourcecode

I know no one cares, but that's my hometown. A fine church.

The church of England is corrupt. Christ is the only truth in this universe. We have abandoned him, and the world slips further into darkness. I don’t know what, if anything, can be done. I trust in Christs plan. I know things will keep getting worse until the very end. It will be a song of death and rebirth.

Join the Orthodox Church. It's the only hope in a world of division and hatred

The orthodox church is just as corrupt. Anything led by men will end up that way. I consider myself non denominational even though I’m aware of the unrighteousness of solitary practice.

>science explains the presence of higher powers within the universe
No, it doesn't. You're assuming that the lack of every scientific answer means that a supernatural one must exist. Your logic is bad.

>science has found the fingerprints of God in the sourcecode
No. It hasn't. Once again, you're replacing unanswered questions with fantasies attributed to god.

Your gullibility is clouding your judgment, user.

T. Educated by Reddit.

Faith is not science and never will be fag

I think the problem in this case is the Church of England itself. Similar problem as Catholics, by trying too hard to appeal to libs you end up appealing to nobody.

CofE are crypto-atheists.

See, I view the Orthodox Church is the original church formed by Jesus and His apostles. The ecclesiology secures the truth of Jesus as it was revealed. As someone who was formerly into the idea of non-denominational practice, I get where you're coming from, but I encourage you to look into the Church and look into what happened when people put that sort of Christian anarchism into practice. The authority in the Church may seem odd from the outside, but it's truly for our benefit. The authority protects dogma and doctrine so that heresy doesn't become powerful. There is one truth about Jesus and I certainly believe the Orthodox Church is the organic body that has maintained it as it was originally revealed to us.

Soccer is british' religion...

>Church of England
>Christian
>The “church” started by a reprobate king who was asspained ecclesiastical authorities wouldn’t grant him an unullment with a “bible” commissioned by and bearing the name of a literal homosexual
>Christian
No.

Correct. Faith is not science. Faith requires unquestioning belief without proof. Science requires repeatable proof. Even valid hypotheses that remain unproven are based upon proven science. Faith is based upon what another human says.

The rest of what you said is ad-hom because you lack the intelligence to argue a point without name-calling.

Attached: 7af.jpg (353x334, 18K)

Attached: c69.gif (629x352, 3.47M)

>church of England
>tranny, gay and women priests
>replacing the pope with a monarch

Yet Islam is growing at a massive rate.

Does know that this information is useless and irrelevant to any part of our lives.

I guess I hold more protestant beliefs than anything. I believe in the bible. I believe all men are sinners and with that every man has their own ideology they’ll view everything from. I’ll respect other peoples opinions but I won’t just accept them as the truth. Many respectable men in powerful positions, even in the orthodox church, are corrupt and baseless and only use the church to further their own interests. I’m not saying that the church is bad or wrong because of that or that you shouldnt follow it, but I wouldn’t be able to follow that myself.

Religion is retarded and we’re better off without it.

Compare Pakistan and Mexico to Iceland or Japan.

Attached: 03D95014-5986-4EFE-B469-94676F68C039.jpg (1140x760, 75K)

Yet religious conservatives are the only people with an above replacement birth rate.

It's not that religion helps us explain the unnatural.

It's that religion helps us fuck.

There’s nothing wrong with being homosexual and it doesnt make you worth less than a heterosexual. All sex that’s not for making children is a sin. All fantasies of sex in your mind are just as bad as commiting the act in the flesh. None of us are pure.

'Science' does not sufficiently address the qustions of the Human Soul. The Spirit. It has an informational deficit.

Proof? 'Muh-Science' offers in-itself no challenge to the Ruling Class and their plans for oppression and genocide.

More properly: There can be no contradiction between 'science' and 'religion' - except in the imagination of agents of the Ruling Class - like you two.

and muslims exploding
scary future

The American wing of the Anglican Church isn't doing too well either...

They've outright pushed Christian doctrine aside to make way for leftist political movements. And actually, almost every American Mainline Protestant church has chosen to ignore scripture that doesn't line up with leftist beliefs.

Attached: Episcopal Leftists.jpg (640x360, 292K)

>future

Attached: pakistan-education.png (368x525, 340K)

NGUBU

By stunting IQs

I bet there's a Tesco behind those alms houses - and in them old spinsters whose prospective husbands were murdered by the Ruling Class before 1950.

I think it's important to realize that the Bible rests upon Church authority, as it was canonized by the Church. Without the Church, there would be no compiled Bible for the Protestant belief to hinge on. This isn't to antagonize you or to insult you, but just the truth of the matter.
>Every man has their own ideology
This is true to an extent, but does this mean that there is no truth? There is a reason why God became a human being, it's not something that happens for men to interpret subjectively. It's something with a purpose and I think we can both agree on that. If we get out of the way, wouldn't it logically follow that those who intimately knew Jesus had the best idea of what that truth was/is? Don't you think the tradition passed on by the apostles surpassed the interpretations of men almost two thousand years later? Maybe something to think about. Again, this isn't to taunt you, it's just that these are things I wish someone had said to me once upon a time and I want to say them to you now.

Feels good to be a catholic. Fuck anglicans. At least I have brothers and sisters all over the world

>Faith is based upon what another human says.
No, faith, just like love, is unseen.

The fedora meme is amusing. It's extra amusing because it seeks to trivialize thought processes that go against those that any unacquainted rational observer would find to be absurd. I pity you the day you realize that fear is religion's only reason for existing. More, I mean. I'll pity you more. I already pity you.

...in areas of the world where ignorance is rampant, religion in general flourishes.

Attached: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (640x533, 78K)

>above replacement birth rate
Unnecessary and damaging to our habitat.

>religion helps us fuck.
No help needed.

If you do not fear then you do not think.
There is no thought without fear.

But you have no insight into such things - because ....... fknscience!!!!

>My face when member of the Roman Catholic Church.

Attached: JohannesPaul2-portrait.jpg (217x266, 7K)

The bible was compiled by the church but not written by it. Most of the new testament is written by Jesus’s followers. The church may have started from that but it has been such a long time and beliefs and values change drastically over time. The modern church will have little resemblance to the first ones. I don’t think that’s a bad thing but that’s just how humans are. I believe God died for us as mercy because we’re all just headless writhing worms and he took pity on us.

If by dying you mean gradually ceasing to exist or function; in decline and about to disappear and by breed you mean a sort or kind of person or thing. then probably

Feels good Brother

The Real reason the C of E churches in England are empty is because the (((Ruling Class))) exterminated the English between 1914-1950 and the replacement populations feel little attraction to a cult that failed to prevent the extermination of its flock.

I passed by this denomination once.
>We all believe in the same God! (Picture of Star and Crescent, Seal of Solomon, and Crucifix)
>Pistol crossed out
>Peace symbol (Originally symbolized Jesus' broken cross inside of a ritual circle)
>Homosexual flags hung from the bottom windows

Britbongs can't do anything right.
As a Catholic, I'm glad the reformation is finally failing.

The scriptures were not written by the Church, but the existence of a clearly defined set of scriptures that are significant for Christian doctrine is because of the Church.
>Beliefs and values change drastically over time
I would say this is all the more justification for the continuity and security the Church provides. The truth is independent of trends, fads, social movements, and opinion. It's dangerous to put Christian dogma at the mercy of subjective, individual biblical interpretations, because it essentially allows religious leaders outside the Church to lead people based on mutations of the truth that has been revealed and understood since the beginning. I believe people are prone to bending the truth to their own biases and falsehoods, which is why I believe the truth should be secured in the Church.

>Peace symbol (Originally symbolized Jesus' broken cross inside of a ritual circle)
literally what? It comes from a pagan rune symbolizing life, its older than christianity.

Attached: D81E56F2-1F2D-423D-94B2-7490804BAA4A.jpg (253x275, 22K)

>christian
>church of england

Good riddance, let's go back to our true mother Church.

>I believe people are prone to bending the truth to their own biases and falsehoods
I agree, which is why I think the church shouldn’t decide what the truth is. No matter what there will be people in the church who don’t actually care about it but just want power for themselves.

>Pagan symbol
That one has a different origin and is placed upside-down

>qustions of the Human Soul
Doesn't exist. A soul is an invention of religion to explain other inventions of religion.Without an afterlife belief, the very existence of a soul isn't even required. Without the fear of death, afterlife beliefs aren't needed. Religion is fear. Religion drives its own explanations. Science doesn't explain magic or poltergeists either, but since those topics aren't religion-based, you won't be compelled to argue their lack of scientific explanation.

>Proof? 'Muh-Science' offers in-itself no challenge to the Ruling Class and their plans for oppression and genocide.
This is just insane babbling. Science doesn't have answers for everything, but mainly because it requires work to make discoveries, and manpower and genius are limited.

>More properly: There can be no contradiction between 'science' and 'religion' - except in the imagination of agents of the Ruling Class - like you two.
Science and religion are contradiction incarnate. They are explanations for life that are arrived at through entirely different means. Science chooses observation and deduction through repeatable experimentation and logic. Religion uses bedtime stories, but threatens eternal torture if you question it. There can be no middle ground because religion demands it so.

You must be new here.

>Marvels at a large elaborate sculpture made from lego
>Looks closer
>It's just lots of tiny bricks put together in a specific pattern
>I understand all. I know all. I can make anything.

Meanwhile back at the lego factory....

C of E? Does that mean Church of England? Is it censored like the N word in burgerland? Wtf

And based upon what another human being said.

Here's a redpill for ya - if you were never told of the concept of a creator, you may arrive at the question organically, as curiosity about our origins and where we go in the end are inherent human nature, but you'd never arrive at the same fairy tale without being told it to begin with. No matter how inherent you think your religion is to you, it exists in your mind only because another man said what to believe. Critical thought will change your life, user.

Your an idiot and represent everything that is wrong with modern western thought. Your fairy tales of modern "science" are just that - fairy tales. The Church of England corrupted itself years ago and is dead because of that, not junk "science".

I feel that you have a misunderstanding on ecclesiology. The authority figures in the Orthodox Church aren't actively deciding dogma and doctrine, it was decided and solidified in the very early Church based on the apostolic tradition that had been written down and passed on. The Creed was made roughly 1700 years ago and it hasn't been contradicted within the Church since. The purpose of the authority in the Church today isn't to actively interpret the truth, but to maintain it as it was decided in the ancient church.

I want that lighter.

Henry needed a son tho

>If you do not fear then you do not think.
>There is no thought without fear.
Incorrect. Absurd, really.

>Most of the new testament is written by Jesus’s followers.
....somehow a hundred years later, no less. It's a miracle. Yay.

two things

1. It could actually be drawn upwards facing or downwards facing depending on the meaning.
2. I’m pretty certain the peace symbol has it upside down because it was made by hippies who usually didn’t know much about the things they did.

Attached: EAFEB8F0-B13E-4360-95BF-071B31F85690.jpg (555x458, 25K)

Why are people still religious? Its clear god either doesnt exist or exists and is a cosmic dick.

LOVE FOOTBALL. HATE PAKIS

Attached: 17466183873.png (540x838, 314K)

>atheists living next to muslims

Well you're pretty much fucked. At least if you were Christian they would just tax you.

The Anglican Church is basically just too weak and passive to survive. Faith is reinforced by dogma and single minded devotion, but Anglican clergy will bend over to literally every single attack against them, even those who do stand up are far too mediocre and polite to their opponents (there is a vast array of Stephen Fry sort of smug celebrity atheists). They got attacked on all sides in a culture war and they’re only response is to do nothing, it’s that English attitude of “I don’t want to be a fuss” that is their downfall.

Only newfags say things like that.

Yes it is, that’s it’s job as a religious authoirty, to decide on issues like that. Early christianity was vastly different to the church 1700 years ago, which was vastly different to the church 500 years ago, which is vastly different to the church now. To pretend like the church is still the same as the one 1700 years ago is beyond asinine. There have been times where it was ruled by righeous people who wanted to do as Christ wanted, and times where it’s been the exact same as modern saudi arabia. It all depends on the people in charge at that time and I just dont believe in giving people that kind of power.
They couldnt go to starbucks and type out their book on a laptop, back then most stories were simply passed down by mouth.

Cute. Reducing rationale to memes is probably very effective for self-delusion. As with most things in life, there are two (or more) sides to every subject. Disregarding the other perspectives out of a fear of hell is short-sighted, but I never expect to change the type of minds that fall to such mental gymnastics.

When given the option to choose religious vs non religious younger adults will always choose the latter because it requires the least amount of effort. They’ll become more religious as they get older

70% of your youths would be killed under Sharia law. It's illegal to be an atheist in Islam. Wake up Britain.

Bismillah

Can you explain the empty hole in your heart masturbation doesn't fill?

I love it when you guys attack science as if it's refutable, and just another belief system. I pity you. The funny part is that I honestly do. It's like when you see a huge-headed retard with his tongue out trying to tie his shoes. You know he doesn't know just how fucked-up he is, but you feel sorry for him anyway. Religious people are like that, but no one with down's ever chose it, so the pity levels aren't exactly equal. The religious are far more pitiable.

>Early Christianity was vastly different to the church 1700 years ago
The Church 1700 years ago was only separated from the apostles by a couple generations. The people in charge directly knew and studied under those who knew the apostles personally.
>Which was vastly different to the church 500 years ago
Not really. Certainly some things have changed, but the dogma has been the same in the Orthodox Church and the services written in the 300s are still used to this date. It is the same continuous organization.
>There have been times where it was ruled by righteous people...and times where it's been the exact same as Saudi Arabia
It seems you have more of a problem with the consolidation of state and church power rather than the ecclesiology of the church. Even so, there obviously can be bad men who gain church power, but the ecclesiology supplies checks and balances that balance the power (unlike the Catholic Church).
>I just don't believe in giving people that kind of power
The book of Acts shows the church power structure forming and developing and it's very clear that even the very earliest Christians (especially the apostles) supported the church's power structure. I think it's worth considering that you may believe incorrect things and that the faith isn't as individualistic as you wish.

>They couldnt go to starbucks and type out their book on a laptop, back then most stories were simply passed down by mouth.
Excellent excuse. The timeline still doesn't allow for any of jesus' followers to have personally "written" anything.

Most scholars agree that the gospel stories were written well within the apostle's timeline, and the Epistles of Paul written even earlier.

Y'all motherfuckers need drugs. Like mushrooms.

The propensity for the religious to fall back on some kind of "god hole" theory isn't proof of anything but their willingness to delve into ambiguity to dredge up answers that simply can't be 'disproven' by hard facts. Psychology is like religion in many ways, except that people study psychology today with new information.

I don’t know enough about the orthodox church to argue against this, I guess most of what I’m saying could just apply to the catholic church. I just dont believe that its really as you say it is, I’m sorry. I do know that the orthodox church is very corrupt as well, but more with greed and money.

>Most scholars agree that the gospel stories were written well within the apostle's timeline, and the Epistles of Paul written even earlier.
Well, I'm glad that these opinions, formed by people who have a stake in perpetuating the myths, are considered to be scientific fact by those who want to believe in religion. Every time actual science is applied to religious history, the results are not good for religion. This is seen as conspiracy by religious people because they cling to the delusion so hard that they literally block their own ability to reason out of fear in regard to that subject. Anything that disagrees with what they've been told to believe for so long that they know no other philosophy is deemed heresy, regardless of validity.

>Anglican church is nothing but pretend catholicism + extra cuckoldry with female bishops

>thinks this will earn it brownie points with the left

>dies the quickest

Yes. Britians are a dying breed.

Attached: Screenshot_20181117-160607.png (1080x1920, 327K)

I personally am not religious, but I hope for a religious society. A society of people who have a set of objective morality, where being kind to your fellow man is encouraged and meeting at Church on Sunday only encourages social cohesion.

Nihlistic Atheism sucks.

Attached: 14720752400291.jpg (225x157, 24K)

>t. chinois

>C of E
>Christian

>I personally am not religious, but I hope for a religious society.

No impediment to being a CoE Bishop these days, I think most of them are agnostics at the very least.

It sewed the seeds of its own destruction by being so liberal it stands for virtually nothing and would certainly not do anything as draconian as insisting anyone actually read the Bible or show up on a Sunday.

>Unnecessary and damaging to our habitat.
How exactly is an above replacement birthrate "unnecessary"? Do you want humanity to eventually die out?

By the way sciencefags are the last people that get to complain about damage to the environment. Literally every modern pollutant is there thanks to science.

I been to me local Pentacostal church twice this month.

Mostly bagheads, the pastor's a sound bloke though.

>No matter how inherent you think your religion is to you, it exists in your mind only because another man said what to believe

Literally no different than human history you fucking Savage.

>Only know if Alexander the Great because other men spoke of him.
>Hurrr Alexander the Great is not real I fucking love science!
People like you are why I have come to realize science.

>pandering to liberalism and jews failed for the church
lol get fucked you heretics

It's because they've driven Easter and Christmas out of primary schools.

Woah almost like nobody wants to listen to globohomo ""christianity"" for spiritual guidance

The church needs to shed liberal bullshit that nobody wants. Male priests only, no homos, latin mass

>everyone sins so you should be ok with sin if not outright praise it

Hi satan

>objective morality
Objectivity is not religion's thing.
>A society of people who have a set of objective morality, where being kind to your fellow man is encouraged and meeting at Church on Sunday only encourages social cohesion.
Being kind isn't limited to religion. Social interaction is possible outside of church.