Grand Solar minimum Prepper thread

How prepared are you for the upcoming never ending winter?

Attached: MV5BZmNkYjg4MzgtNDFkMS00NjdiLWJkZWEtOWI1MmI0ZmVmM2U3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ0NDU1NTU@._V1_.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

Where is a good place to buy a greenhouse? or is it cheaper to build one? also any anons with experience in indoor farming?

Attached: cg-gb75_1.jpg (400x400, 21K)

have a look at solar powered hydroponics lad

Bought a thicker jacket

Based nature!

Attached: Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg (431x300, 45K)

Build a giant magnifying glass and put it over your house

I'm prepared to die in Winter-chan's embrace,

Explain
more charts and graphs

nah, geothermal would be the best in the solar minimum. if you can get the pipes in the ground before everything freezes, you'll have a near never ending source of warmth for the greenhouse.

>wearing a jacket
you have to go back Mohammed. if you can't stand in -50 degree weather totally shirtless like a chad you aren't white.

Probably wont need it this winter
Was like 53 freedom units here today

So we are gonna get some light snowfall? Finally gonna have a White Christmas!

Oh am I supposed to be scared of Australia not hitting 50+ Degrees and 90% humidity for weeks on end? Just gotta move past the blue mountain range and any cold snap will be welcomed with open arms. 80% of Australia becomes livable. Might move out to the Simpson Desert even.

Honestly user, its easy to build one yourself. Dont buy one. As for keeping things warm in an ice age, consider having them underground. There are a few really inventive ways to bring real sunlight down as well (think fiber-optic cable bundles), But power generation isn't very difficult for grow lights.

just look at this map
>legend is:
>dry snow
>wet snow
>some snow
>no snow
no winter yet. it fucking sucks

Attached: nofuckingsnow.jpg (1000x562, 78K)

the solar minimum will reduce the insolence by a very small amount. (1350 W/m2 to like 1300) Climate wise yes it will have a huge effect, but your solar panels will have a negligible drop.

If you really want to be safe you should incorporate and understand as many of these technologies as possible

we hade no snow in southern sweden in 2014 until late december

wouldn't it be funny if this came to pass and a hundred years from now the remaining 500M or so white people were all living in the Australian outback?

I'm a michigander we got pretty good snow up here.

Attached: snow.png (1583x729, 1.16M)

Haha summerfags BTFO

compared to last year too.

Attached: snowlastyear.png (1591x725, 965K)

I'm not really that worried tbqh.

Attached: aeroponics tower.jpg (760x569, 202K)

Aeroponics is much more efficient. Use less water, requires no media because the roots are suspended in air.

Attached: p1040008.jpg (3111x2333, 2.44M)

>requires no media
aero still uses media for the sprouting tap root. But yes, it is definitely more water efficient AND slightly faster growth rates.

>implying winter ever ends

Winter never ends where I live. It has been like that my whole life and long before it. We survive, you will too.

Don't get your panties in a knot.

Attached: ShepSmith.jpg (500x500, 55K)

Looks cool and all but can it grow heavier stuff like tomato/potato's etc?

No root vegetables. Tomatoes maybe, if you supported them. Aeroponics is really the king when it comes to leafy greens though.
But potatoes and carrots still require a more traditional method.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Learning and having experience with all the methods is my goal, do you have any reports or studies on an aeroponics setup?

I'm currently running a few different hydroponic pots using the Kratky method, reasonable growth so far. Mainly based on the jebgardner channel on youtube

Does celery work? also do any grains work? and most important what about oily vegetables like canola, or sunflowers?

Fuck man, it's like his face has to be a giant mask of scar tissue at this point..
How do these celebrities keep getting work done to their faces when there is nothing left to work with...

I have two 5 gallon buckets set up. Each has a pump, a short length of pipe and a two 180 degree spray nozzles at the top of that pipe where it's capped. One has one hole in it's lid for planting, the other has three. It was pretty easy to make. Looking at making a larger tower like those pictures I posted next spring.

I think any of those could work provided you supported the weight properly. Especially sunflowers, the mammoth ones get really heavy and would strain whatever you plant them in.

Yeah maybe this will happen in 3287
Nothing to worry mate

well I'd likely use canola for oil, the oil production from an acre of canola can produce up to 200 gallons of oil. that oil can be used to make diesel fuel. I don't sunflowers come close to that, neither do soibeans.

Rolling

It's happening now dumbass, the solar minimum is here.

Attached: 54ea6376-ef26-42c3-8c15-f5b8733ed27c..png (844x879, 1.17M)

Yeah the problem is that you're a faggot trying to spread disinformation because a kike like you doesn't want people prepared to survive.

>How prepared are you for the upcoming never ending winter?

Did you prepare yourself by reading the first page of the Bible and realizing that the earth is a flat, stationary and enclosed realm?

You believe the ice age / dinosaurs / outer space meme? That's probably why you're digging holes and drinking your own urine thinking it's getting you ready for what's coming. lol

Aquaponics fed on dead niggers is the future lad.

This happens every 11 years nigger. We all made it last solat minimum. Big woop.

And kikes in the oven to warm our homes?

Attached: 71668-9704122.jpg (1966x1500, 274K)

I put a blanket over my bedsheets

Attached: comfy texas.jpg (426x364, 62K)

I will be raptured my friends. I aint sticking around to see the tranny anti-christ

>Digging hole and drinking urine

lol, ok, keep believing that society is stable and nothing ever happens. But I will say this, judgement day is at hand. it happened to the Romans, it happened to the sodomites, God will judge us.

this.

It only comes to the evil ones. Lot was living right in the middle of Sodom and God used his brother to save him.

MY GELLED DIESEL TRUCK JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE

Nope, it's a grand solar minimum

Your fore fathers lived through the last one faggot, the last solar minimum brought famine and famine brought disease, but you might make it out alive.

I just took a grand shit mate. Suck my dick.

i live in canada

Is that like a grand wizard?

I don't fraternise with faggots and mongrels, sorry

brainlet here, but i can't figure out whats wrong with this?
Is our measurement of time such that at 12pm the sun is as close to being directly above as possible, or like in this retarded pic?

>The new NASA findings are in line with studies released by UC-San Diego and Northumbria University in Great Britain last year, both of which predict aGrand Solar Minimum in coming decades due to low sunspot activity.

>Both studies predicted sun activity similar to the Maunder Minimum of the mid-17th to early 18th centuries, which coincided to a time known as the Little Ice Age, during which temperatures were much lower than those of today.

Attached: Sunspot_Numbers.png (890x371, 187K)

>How prepared are you for the upcoming never ending winter?
I'm fat as hell and my metabolism has been hit hard by stress. By the time the ice age is over I'd probably die of old age but still be a fat fuck even if I don't eat a crumb.

Attached: 47e.jpg (600x419, 18K)

His brother? it was two angels you retard.

Wow, leaves are going to feed a civilization!

Attached: Las Vegas+Shooting+Shooter+Mass Shooting+Stephen Paddock+Temple+Gesture Blows My Mind+Body Language+ (1600x1003, 1023K)

>Literally lurk at every "Global warming is a scam and its not anthropogenic"
>Times comes at university
>Prof is talking about how humans made global warming
>Present him every single aspect i heard on Jow Forums 1:1
>He literally debunks it in a matter of seconds

Wow who would have thought

Disgusting but if you're a total lard you can months on your fat if famine strikes

i would probably just shoot someone to get a long sentence. free food amd shelter.

Attached: 8905306_1.jpg (500x375, 36K)

anyone else know they are too much of a brainlet for this stuff and just gonna enjoy modern day society while it lasts and not really try to survive when everything goes to shit

Attached: 1528500836302.png (200x194, 21K)

ok yea i realise where i went wrong. basically we have 24 hour days in respect to the sun, but in respect to fixed point its a bit less.

And if you need to eat something, you can always eat snow.

What's wrong with the picture?

rolling for 500 year winter

I'm building a microfusion cell in my basement

>a fucking leaf

I've been grabbing non perishables every time I'm out, also stocked up on 50x 1 gallon spring/R/O water, gonna invest in a 100gallon reservoir here soon. Have wood pre-cut for all windows of the house (just in case), also investing in a wood stove in the near future. Completely stocked up on Medications (morphine, adderall, OTC stuff, gauze, etc). Currently have a 1911 and M1, going to be soon getting a pistol for my girl and maybe both of us AR-15s, hers being a pistol.

Right now I've been chopping wood on my free days off of work to store in my shed under a tarp, also have been stocking up on 50lb bags of dog food slowly. Got a stash of seeds (veggies like tomatoes, green peppers, hot peppers, marijuana of course, peppermint, chamomile, etc). Gonna look into making a rain collector

You can grow almost anything other than root vegetables with it.
It's just a part of what could be a complete indoor growing setup. For the plant types they are good for their productivity is unmatched by any other method.

Attached: dscn5741.jpg (3648x2736, 2.5M)

>lol, ok, keep believing that society is stable and nothing ever happens. But I will say this, judgement day is at hand. it happened to the Romans, it happened to the sodomites, God will judge us.

Only those who did not repent and accept the salvation that Jesus died for. The Bible is remarkably clear on what you need to do to receive salvation and therefore avoid judgment (because God will forgive all of your sins) - and that is:

a) Accept Jesus as God.
b) Pray to him and repent for your sins.
c) Do your best to minimize sin in your daily life by living according to God's law.

Literally nothing else you do on earth matters...the point of THIS life is our second chance to be allowed into God's kingdom. There are no third chances.

Fuck, I pray for Mad Max, I already have a killdozer

>Solar powered
>Grand solar minimum
>Never ending winter

...user -youre not gonna make it, youd best give my your stuff.

Green houses are a good start, but with the lack of sunlight, youre going to need to look into electricity generation and artificial light source.

Uh, doesn't this happen every 11 years or so?

Check that out! It's true.

Reciting propaganda is not "debunking" anything.

The idea that humans are influencing worldwide climate is utter bullshit...but localized weather control has been a thing since WW2.

Today they spend a lot of tax dollars spraying barium and aluminum nano-particles into the air...aka chem trails. This is likely done to improve wireless communication performance, though it could be more sinister.

Bottom line is that global warming/cooling/climate change is a scam. Your prof is a moron and you are doubly fucktarded if you believe him.

That would be a regular minimum user. The sun cycles between regular maxima and minima every 11 years, yes. But grand maximas and grand minimas are cyclic, we'll typically have a grand solar minimum after a grand maxima ends, which is roughly every 300-400 years. We're right on time for being due as cycle 24 was the end of the modern maxima, some suspect cycle 25 (the grand minimum) has already started early this year.

>I'll never experience anything bad

the bible says there is none righteous. and God does punish his children, usually harsher than he punishes those who are not his children. and since America is claiming to be a christian nation, while at the same time allowing degeneracy. there will be judgement God won't let this nation tarnish his name much longer.

Does he do it to look funnier or is he trying to appear crazy as fuck?

You would still get some sunlight in even the worst case, it's not eternal darkness.

So dumb it hurts. For anyone not on the ball today, the Earth spins around 360° in 24 hours, meaning it spins around completely 365.242 times per revolution around the sun. We call the rotations days and the revolutions years.

It's good to practice basic sciences so we aren't taken off guard by insidious infographs pretending to be rabbit-holes.

Seriously, the only alternative energy that makes sense is geothermal, but it can be complex for most anons to understand.

>lack of sunlight, user the sun won't disappear it's just cooling down a bit.

What are you smoking man?
I'm studying a masters and specifically looking at solar insolation. Even during periods of decreased solar activity do you think photovoltaics will suddenly become unusable? Protip: there's a negligible effect

Born and raised in the northeast and work in a freezer. My body is ready.

What did her debunk? Solar minimum or what

In Georgia so i should be fine.

Okay, so was the last grand solar minimum what caused the mini ice age in 1600s?

>global cooling never happens.

what a happened in 1815?

It's not permanent, it's just a cooling phase that the sun is going through. it'll only last like 50 years. like 50 years of 8 month winters, no big deal in the long run, but going through it will be tough. And if you think we are totally safe from famine because modern farming can handle it, you're deluded. God has no obligation to bless our farmers and you should not rely on the food at the market always being there.

yes

I agree but it's also basically fucking fracking, on a volcano's reservoir. Earthquakes cause by the injection of water into the earth next to a volcano is generally not a good idea, especially going into a grand solar minimum we saw exactly what happens to geothermal plants during this transition that never before have the two collided before.

Kilauea collapses in on itself at a rate unseen since 1790(the dalton minimum began in 1790), Ormat (Israeli owned) has a plant 20 miles from the crater but directly on top of the volcano. Kilauea has been in a constant state of eruption since 1983, a year before production began and a functioning geothermal plant was started as a proof of concept in 1982. Same goes for Guatemala, Ormat owned geothermal plant 20 some miles away from Fuego, Fuego erupts by surprise and kills over 100 people this year. It too has been in a constant state of eruption since 2002, and proof of concept plants were started in 1998-2001.

Attached: 1511106106408.png (1766x1080, 846K)

>blocks your path

Attached: 2727.png (593x715, 535K)

Only this time it may be far worse because it coincides with other factors such as Earth's distance to the Sun

grand solar minimum is in reference to sunspots, dummies. We see it every 11 years

its snowing like fucking hell here right now
the snow is already settling down , very unusual for november

Care to share specifics?
PLans?

Giving Winter-chan my energy

Last time climate cooled significantly was 1645 - 1715. Black death plaque etc. was caused by cold climate

The Maunder Minimum, also known as the "prolonged sunspot minimum", is the name used for the period around 1645 to 1715 during which sunspots became exceedingly rare, as was then noted by solar observers.

Attached: rJ83ruS.gif (500x250, 63K)