Social Media Boycott

We have no fap/no nut november, why isn't there a mass social media boycott? Social media is one of the worst things to happen to society, people are actually less social IRL and virtue signal more. Not to mention the proven negative impact it has on mental health

anyone else on board for mass social media boycott?

Attached: socialmedia.jpg (958x960, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/plastic-surgery-cosmetic-snapchat-teenagers-millennials-dysmorphia-bdd-a8474881.html
webmd.com/beauty/news/20180810/snapchat-dysmorphia-seeking-selfie-perfection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To get the normies on board we need to spread propaganda and information on how social media is bad for your mental health and society everywhere. including social media

I think this is definitely doable among the health conscious normie population and helicopter parents. There are quite a few studies done by reputable researchers so we'd probably need to break down that info and summarise the info into pictures that is easily understandable

At one time no one on this board touched social media. Maybe we should just boycott normies being retarded.

I've been Facebookfree forever.

#facebookfree

why do you want retards on board?

Even if its just a bunch of anons on this board it would be a start

>imblying ive ever had a social media account
the fuck is wrong with you, zoomer?

The suicide rate among teens has more than doubled since 2007. Attributable entirely to social media. The evidence is in plain sight

Well done to the anons who have never had one but I'd be willing to bet a significant number do have social media accounts

I definitely think it would have contributed, bullying follows kids everywhere now whereas pre social media is stayed at school

It's even more pronounced among girls through. Growing up these kids look at maintaining a social media presence just like riding a bike. Worrying about how many likes you get on Instagram while in 5th grade is not good for a developing brain

i know m9, im just being an asshole.
>flag
you understand. anyway, its a good idea. if millions of people delete their accts it would indeed send a message. but it would have to be in the tens of millions, and that aint happening.

independent.co.uk/life-style/plastic-surgery-cosmetic-snapchat-teenagers-millennials-dysmorphia-bdd-a8474881.html

webmd.com/beauty/news/20180810/snapchat-dysmorphia-seeking-selfie-perfection

Attached: 40851264_301741333948605_6113488488926243347_n.jpg (652x815, 73K)

I see value to social media. But every platform out there today is doing it entirely wrong.

>there are users on this board that use social media in any way and have to put forth effort to stop using it

Kys faggot. You are trash.

its like crack cocaine...give me my yous and likes

I can definitely see that, it enables that bitchy mental type of bullying. I'm surprised less has been said about the impact on developing kids

If it gets enough coverage and it seems the popular thing to do the normies will ditch it en mass. It would be a snowball type effect

Attached: 141.png (760x749, 494K)

>No Jow Forums November

Eventually (and soon) there will be two types of people: those who are utterly lost to social media bubbles and those who are unplugged entirely. It's the people who are unplugged entirely who are going to end up pulling the rug out from under the ones that aren't. Just how much REAL power you honestly believe social media "influencers," cam thots, etc. actually have as it applies to the real world? All they have is their respective intangible kingdoms and the betas and other assorted civilian trash who foot the bill.

Point of fact: the people who currently believe "it's a problem" and "something to be feared," (people like you, OP,) are as lost and impotent as anyone else who puts such weight on this shit.

>yous
this is what fucking destroyed Jow Forums. It should be completely removed from the native extension

Jow Forums is social media. Boycott Jow Forums

t. Mark Zuckerberg

it is a problem, hardly a problem like the AIDs epidemic but it is causing harm

Agree, social media is the social scourge of the past 10 years

>AIDS
>Problem
Ok faggot.

I dunno mate.
Getting gibs from betas that enable you to pay for the lifestyle that you enjoy IRL could be considered power.
Also being able to sick a mob on someone you don't like (on the internet) is also a degree of power.
Admittedly you can only apply that power to someone with a social media presence, but it's not zero.

>why isn't there a mass social media boycott?
been doing it for 10 years now

I have no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc for the last couple of years and it's great not wasting time on that garbage. I do however have a YouTube account but I don't use Google Chrome or Gmail

this, to say its not a problem at all is ignorant. Prominent activists have caused mass protests over racial issues, Ferguson riots are one example

Sauce faggit

Social media is not an act, it's too abstract to work.
You need a verb. No gaming, for example.

Attached: dsdssdsd.jpg (957x1024, 84K)

social media is pretty nice for my wallet though. Fb is based for advertising.

betcha those media sites dont bitch about brainwashing underage children into irreversible body mutilation to the opposite sex

>social media is bad
>wastes a shitload of his time getting weirder and more aspie on Jow Forums