How do I cope with my alcoholism?

How do I cope with my alcoholism?

Attached: 8B6B96A7-1638-4862-93E1-D6746807D5BC.jpg (750x533, 85K)

Find things worth being sober for.

get sober

Stop drinking

Stop drinking

this, faggot

Drink more.

You drink because you are unhappy. You are unhappy because of the realities of life and existence around you. Behind the drinking, you know you are escaping this reality, but you drink because you can't change this reality. You can't change this reality because you're consistently drunk and hungover. You know the answer is to stop drinking and to start exercising and eating right. Only then will you feel happy and lack the feeling of helplessness that you cause upon yourself.

I know this because I am you.

I couldn’t stop blacking out so I starting experimenting with amphetimines to balance out. It takes some practice to get the right proportions but it’s worked well for me. Good luck friend.

I’ll drink to that

I started out partying and really drinking socially when I was 21. Fast forward 6 years and I never go out and am getting shit faced drunk all by myself 2-3X a week. I was getting so drunk the next day I would be too hungover to barely function.

I attempted to quit and failed several times until I could really tell my body was no longer able to handle the heavy drinking that i was forcing on my body.

I forced myself to quit cold turkey 29 July 2016 and have not drank a sip since. My mindset was not that I was quitting for good, but rather I would quit for a short while. Once you hit 2 months of no alcohol your body starts to feel better and you no longer crave the alcohol making it much easier to quit.

TLDR: I was a borderline alcoholic but I recovered by quitting cold turkey setting small goals.

OP, try setting small goals like one week without booze, then two weeks, a month, 2 months, so on. See how far you can get.

Good job. That shit is tough.

Thanks me.
You know just how to tell me what I needed to hear.

did 5 months sober last year but back boozing for almost a year now. i think i am finally capable of drinking too much without having major incidents occur, which used to occur in the past and inspire me to spnd months at a time sober. it sespecially difficult during this time of year, due to the holidays. im getting concerned.

replace it with someone else. like learning an instrument
ffs you fags have legal weed up there. just be a 420 yolo fagget for a year then stop that

Stop drinking. If you don’t buy it, you can’t drink it. It’s that fucking simple.

Are you me?

If this helps at all OP be aware that your body will start dying way sooner than you probably think. I have elevated liver enzymes already- age early thirties. My guts feeling like they're burning even when I dry out for a week.
But that's nothing compared to the horrible multi layered nightmares, that also keep happening even when you dry out. I'm not even 100% sure I'm really awake right now.

Attached: 1517883485546.jpg (584x530, 216K)

Attached: 1534227375622.png (521x737, 617K)

drink.

just quit lmao

You're in fucking Canada dipshit. Librium is available over the counter.

Attached: 1534847628233.gif (500x300, 310K)

I quit as a new years resolution, only failed twice this year. Weed consumption rose during the process, but i kicked that too three weeks ago. Still on nicotine and caffeine though. Jow Forums had a mentionable impact on my decision, thanks anons!
I still hang out with drunks, but i really am disgusted when the brain melting starts at ~1.5permille. if you experience drunks with a sober mind it really opens your eyes to how degenerate drinking is. Being stoned is imho the lesser evil, so maybe that might be a good crutch.

Attached: 1542028244281.jpg (736x550, 135K)

switch to cannabis

Fuck your life up. Lose all your friends. Lose your wife. It did it for me.

You must overcome your inner-nigger

It will tell you "oh sheeeeitt you can have a drank"

"you deserve it homie"

IGNORE THE INNER-NIGGER

Your brain is fucked. It is your enemy. Admit you are an addict and actually seek help or talk to people who have also experienced it.

Do not ever trust a thought about alcohol that says "its okay, this time I'll be able to handle my drinking responsibly"

YOU CAN'T YOU ARE AN ADDICT

You need to get off of alcohol and its going to be hard, but even harder is you're going to have to build a life that makes returning to alcoholism impossible, but also not worth it.

Shit sucks man I feel you, but conquer that inner-nigger.

Just got out of my first counselling session provide by my University because of my drinking. It helps alot talking to someone that will listen.

Underrated

Build shit

What did you tell them?
This whole "youre drunk becouse youre unhappy" is bullshit, i drink 6 beers a day and my life is pretty good to start with.

Start by only drinking at night if you are a day drinker. Cold turkey is almost impossible

If I could get weed here legally I'd make the switch immediately. Or even small amount of downers to hold off seizures for a week. My fucking doctor won't give me either because I'm an addict. Well no shit. I'm trying to quit. Fucking burger land.