Prescription Opiate Advice

I need some good advice on a prescription drug situation. I have Crohn's disease and have a Pain Management Dr. who prescribes me 60 Hydrocodone 10 mg every month.

Two weeks ago I had severe dental pain and went to a dentist who told me all my teeth needed to be extracted. I did not inform him of my Hydrocodone prescription. You can call bull shit but it was truly because I was in pain and shock when he said they all needed to be extracted.

I went to fill it at CVS not thinking anything would be wrong. They said they could not fill. I already had a 30 day prescription at that dose. I told them ok. My apologies. Please cancel. Wasn't trying to do anything wrong.

Today is my refill date for my monthly. Will CVS have called my Pain Dr. to report or called the police?

Should I not worry if the dental one was never actually filled? Go to a different Pharmacy (Walgreens ect) or not attempt to fill the script for fear of arrest? Please help. My Crohn's is bad and the need for the meds is legitimate.

Attached: Hydrocodone.jpg (600x419, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067915/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22198381
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16181374/
google.com/amp/s/ibdnewstoday.com/2017/12/14/study-finds-link-between-use-of-strong-opioids-and-bowel-disease-patients-dying-early/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry forgot to mention... Dentist prescribed 12 Hydrocodone 10 mg for the dental pain.

>Today is my refill date for my monthly. Will CVS have called my Pain Dr. to report or called the police?
99% they haven't called your pain doctor.
100% they have not called the police. You didn't do anything illegal.

What is it with people thinking everybody has the cops on speed dial
This isn't 1984 m8 you're paranoid as fuck, just call your fucking doctor

And you're a fucking retard for letting your teeth get that bad. Dentists take payment plans you have no excuse not to get treatment. This is what happens when you go "I can't, I'm broke." I had $15 a week for food when I started my dental work and I still went and got on a long term payment plan because I understood the consequences of not doing so. Four years later my teeth are fully repaired and my final payment goes through next month.

Thanks man, I needed to hear that.

You are right. The Crohn's destroyed my mouth and I had a unnatural fear of the dentist. You are right to say that.

Attached: Dreams.jpg (564x679, 81K)

>Thanks man, I needed to hear that.
No problem. It's a scary time for people with chronic pain. I completely understand your freakout.

It is. I feel like every part of the system from Doctor to Pharmacy to Law Enforcement is trying to cut you off or get you in trouble. Feels bad man.

Just hang in there. There's gonna be a reckoning, and hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later. Even for patients who are on opioids they don't need, they need to be properly tapered. Someone's gonna get in a lot of fucking trouble and hopefully it'll get better.

Honestly consider moving to a cannabis legal state. Your condition is manageable with cannabis (opioids turn off your digestive system, meaning the tissue is in contact with irritants for a longer period of time, not good).

Inb4 you say but muh family, your quality of life improvement trumps missing your family.

>Honestly consider moving to a cannabis legal state. Your condition is manageable with cannabis (opioids turn off your digestive system, meaning the tissue is in contact with irritants for a longer period of time, not good).
Oh my fucking god, literally fuck off.

This is OP. That response wasn't me. I appreciate that advice and have read similar reports.

I just read a lot of horror stories a white knight pharmacists trying to play Police officer and ruining peoples lives.

Attached: Adele Smoking.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Why is this bad advice?

Because you're retarded and have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Literally fuck off and never post in a medical advice thread again.

Kys

He's right. I was prescribed oxy and Vicodin afyer my accident, the withdraw from that shit was awful and it really does ruin your system. I've been smoking pot for my chronic pain instead ever since. And stats show that marijuana use correlates significantly with lower opiid abuse.
I mean op you're a fucking retard if you thinking living on opiods 24/7 for the rest of your life is truly viable. That shit his probably already fucked you up

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067915/

Like I said, it’s not going to help irritated bowels to slow the digestive process, it will cause more inflammation leading to more pain, leading to more pills...

So how is this bad advice?

Because telling someone to smoke is the single worst thing you can fucking do. There are myriad actual treatments, not cancer-causing bullshit, that will alleviate opioid-induced constipation, you fucking retard.

Where did I say smoke?

I guess you didn’t read my link...

You said cannabis, which in common parlance means smoking pot, not THC-containing drugs like marinol, and not any of those snake oil preparations that contain some small amount of THC. And in any event, fuck right off. You have no clue what you're talking about.
>Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology
>Uncontrolled, unblinded study
>100 participants, about 1/3 of whom were using opioids
>The entire study consisted of a survey; participants were given a $10 gift card
>No demographic information on the participants such as age, race, gender, nationality
Did you just search for "crohns opioids bad" on Google Scholar and pick the first hit?

Oh and would you point me to your source that shows the epidemiological evidence for an increase risk of lung cancer in cannabis smokers?

Such a reactionary cunt...

You have no clue and you lack self control... you are probably yelling at your computer...

I’m still waiting...

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/

Different fag. Unbiased. There's one.

Found a bunch more ranging from "inconclusive" to "it does not" though.

Just covering it before he does and declares victory when there's dispute and qealths of data saying it does not.

It contains carcinogens though, a lot of them. It just doesn't seem to be a big issue when done alone.

Also sample size I provided is small...

If there's tar, there's cancer. And there's tar.

And there's one that says cannibanoids contain cancer inhibitors.. which could explain how I contains carcinogens and yet doesn't seem to be a big issue, again, when done alone..

I agree

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22198381

Oops

Utter bullshit. There's billions of dollars in the pot industry and no controlled studies on this shit.

The fact of the matter is that when you inhale combustion products you will develop cancer. No amount of drugs hidden in the combustion products will prevent that. That's simply not how lung cancer works.

Unless the data finds for whatever reason it isn't causing cancer..

I understand there are carcinogens and logic would say it should cause cancer but if the data is showing no relation, then there's a missing link.

This has nothing to do with the incidence of cancer among smokers. This is a narrow, in vitro, study of how some compounds found in cannabis interacted with cancer cells extracted from one patient. It says absolutely nothing about the formation of cancer cells or the incidence of disease.
Uh-huh. This is what tobacco companies did to America for decades. "No proven link! No proven link!"
Big Pot is going to be the next big cancer-causing industry.

I'll believe you when I see that data. As I said I am unbiased. And I am not a pot smokers.

But right now I've provided citations and you've provided reactionary speculation. It wouldn't surprise me either way. But if the data as is is saying one thing and you don't have your own study, you got nothing pal.

I read that one, it’s the larger studys, that have been done by many governments, that come back as showing no increase in cancer rates that has confounded anti-cannabis coalitions... there’s even one that showed cigarette smokers that also smoked cannabis had lower cancer rates... I’m not saying it cures cancer, but there is some evidence mounting that there is some antidotal property.

Can we keep on topic of what pharmacies tend to do?

Yes, you cow, your stagnant British education tells you that. Even the House of Lords Health Committee could not find a link between cannabis smoke and lung cancer.

>I've provided citations
You provided a couple shitty studies that I laughed at because they're meaningless. It's not a "citation" to anything useful just because the "conclusions" portion says something you can twist into something you want it to say. The actual structure of the study matters at least as much as what the result is, and the studies provided in this thread have not been quality studies.

It's because no responsible medical researcher would perform prospective studies to prove or debunk it conclusively. Again, this is like the tobacco companies crying that there was "no proven link".

Still no citation..

But if the researchers won't speak either way, why are you certain? Where's your thesis?

It’s the opposite, for over twenty years or longer, anti marijuana governments have pumped money into finding conclusive proof that the devil’s lettuce is deadly so they can continue their war on drugs.
It’s been their holy grail, and the studies almost always come back as inconclusive or the exact opposite of what they want to hear.

I already explained it. There is tar in cannabis smoke. In fact, there's tar in all combustion products. Smokes produced by combustion contain carcinogens. Period.

But they do every year...

So why aren’t all the cannabis smokes dead from cancer like your Dad?

Because nobody smokes as much pot as they smoke cigarettes. It's still too expensive. We'll be seeing plenty of cannabis-related lung cancer in the next 20-30 years, and paying a massive societal cost for it.

Understood and yet there's data cannabis is a cancer inhibitor...

Dude cancer is the same as anything. It's likely there's something or a bunch of things that will slow or even beat it. That's why we're looking for..what's that word? A cure..

There is data (and it was provided) the cannibanoids could be counteracting.

And I already told you I understand how carcinogens work..

Again your British speculated future... it’s not based on reality Mate.

So back on topic, most people who take opioids for CD die prematurely.

Those that take cannabis live a happy, long productive life.

>Understood and yet there's data cannabis is a cancer inhibitor...
No, there is that one study that got cited earlier that showed some compound found in cannabis caused cancer cells to behave differently in vitro. That's interesting, but it tells you nothing about the DISEASE. It only tells you something about how the cells behave, and while there is some extrapolation from there to disease progression, you're literally in the same ballpark as when people claimed sucralose was carcinogenic because it caused cancer in lab rats in one study.
>And I already told you I understand how carcinogens work..
You clearly don't.

Actually false.

Prove it Britbong.

I grow pot and three of my patients have Crohn’s, it helps them immensely.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16181374/

google.com/amp/s/ibdnewstoday.com/2017/12/14/study-finds-link-between-use-of-strong-opioids-and-bowel-disease-patients-dying-early/amp/

Yes, crickets...

opiates wreak havoc on your digestion. kind of ridiculous they're used for pain management in those with crohn's disease.

Indeed. That’s my point, but some English fanny thinks cannabis is pure evil and can only be used via smoking... clearly fanny needs to travel further than their local or the chippy...

I guess Britbong is watching SKY News...

So..do pharmacists tattle?

Bump

They will call the police, and they will find out all of the other shit that you've been up to. Why even bother to make up cover stories to hide your addiction and your "side" business."

Expect a visit from the FBI early next morning, keep the door open, at least save is from being kicked in.

Attached: hfoji1o.jpg (596x583, 85K)

KYS painfully retard.

My addiction but then it's my side business. Just go away lol

>all my teeth needed to be extracted
how does that even happen

you've clearly never taken opiates before then

they fuck up your digestion and make you stupidly plugged up down there. it's awful. any potential solution is nice

Attached: basicallyme.jpg (1620x1069, 199K)