Tell me how retarded I am. I'm about to either monumentally fuck my life or have the greatest time of my life

Tell me how retarded I am. I'm about to either monumentally fuck my life or have the greatest time of my life.

Not going into detail but I have 74k USD.
74k USD is equal to (some conversion rates so other fags have an idea of how much money I'm talking about) 60.625 EURO, 250.000 BRL, 7.962.000 Japanese Yen.

Here's the "catch". I got this money in order to go to Uni in Japan. But here's the 2nd catch... I'm not sure I want to. You see, I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 28 years old and I'm in need of an adventure. I love Japan as much as the next guy, BUT, I've made some calculations and.... for the cost of a 4 years education in Japan, I can:

>spend 2 years comfortably in South Korea learning Korean and having fun (In Busan) - (will stay at a private accommodation at an English Cafe, accommodation and food are free as long as I teach English for 3 hours p/day)

>stay 3 months in Taiwan doing the same
>stay 3 months in Hong Kong doing the same

>STILL have money to spend 2 years fucking around in Japan going to a language school and doing the same I did in Korea before becoming an English teacher for the rest of my life (most likely) because at that point I'd be 33

How bad of an idea do you think this is? My father gave me this money so I would get an education.... (Yes I'm a spoiled brat with a rich daddy, sorry). I didn't expect he'd actually give me the money, I basically threw a tantrum and said I wouldn't go to Uni unless it was in Japan but he said that as long as I sorted my life out it wasn't a problem....

So he doesn't know about my devious plan to fuck around East Asia, he thinks I'm definitely going to Uni in Nippon.

What do you guys think?

TL;DR - betray parents, fuck around, fuck bitches, have fun and lmfao what about the future or get an education in a nice place? (Waseda University if you're wondering)

Attached: e7e0f4c0df742a1b31993ec7ff375a95[1].jpg (500x375, 26K)

So this is what NEETs do if they don't kill themselves

Not gonna kill myself, sorry.

My friend taught in Busan and absolutely loved it. She did it because it was easier and cheaper to do than teaching in Japan (and she didn't have the experience to qualify for JET).

I think your idea is good.

How is that betraying your parents? Technically you'll be doing something productive in your life.

Because he thinks I'm getting a Bachelor's Degree with in Business at a prestigious university in Japan (which is the reason daddy gave me the money).

Whereas with my other plan, I'm basically having fun and traveling around all of east asia and the only thing I'll have after is experience teaching English so I'm "doomed" to do that. That and I'll have to lie to my parents about what I'm doing.

keep stacking money boii

?

It might be in your account but it's not really your money - your dad gave it to you for a specific purpose and using it for anything else without his permission is technically fraud. Do what you said you'd do with it, give it back, or get approval for an alternative plan.

>your dad gave it to you for a specific purpose and using it for anything else without his permission is technically fraud.

You speak as if my father would sue me if he found out....

He'd definitely be extremely upset though (and totally within his rights)

Sorry - didn't mean to imply he would or even should, just that it's shitty enough thing to do that we legislate against it. If you want to do something different with the money it should really only be with his permission.

I think it's a horrible idea. Wasting money and ruining your relationship with your parents for what, so you can work a shitty teaching job in japan for the rest of your life?
Also, might be just me, but wouldn't you feel guilty the entire time? Not much fun to be had like that.
Idk, I just don't think it'll be as fun as you think it'll be.

Embezzlement of such an amount, which is what you propose to do, is a felony in most jurisdictions.

Good luck with that shit.

What the fuck

Come to Chile and live 100x cheaper and fuck 1000x hotter girls.
I'm an American expat and I'm literally suffocating on beautiful ass down here.

>Also, might be just me, but wouldn't you feel guilty the entire time?

Probably, yes.... but I would be working part time, going to language school and volunteering on off-time so I'd keep my head busy in the meantime...

I'm sorry, I legit didn't know about that.
So how do you suggest I approach the subject with my father?

Should I really just be honest?

>Should I really just be honest?

It's probably going to break his heart because he'd know for sure now that I'm a failure...

which is why I considered lying to him. I know I'm a piece of shit but I didn't want him to have that certainty.

Why not give dad his money back and go teach English in Asia?

>Should I really just be honest?

Yes, absolutely.

see ->

Yeah I saw that. If you're really concerned about saving his feelings here you'd be preparing to do what you've agreed to, not seeking advice on how to weasel your way out of it.

>He'd definitely be extremely upset though (and totally within his rights)

Invest it for retirement savings, it will be a lot when you're 60. If you change your mind later you can pull it and go to university and also you will have had some growth. Living the last 15 years of your life comfortably is better than blowing it travelling for 2 years now and working into your 70s.

I dropped out 1st year in the UK because I wasn't studying the degree for a career. Sure fees are more expensive now, but if I ever want to go back to university for a career I can. Right now I'd consider a degree in chemical engineering or automation, not that I plan on doing them but I can see myself maybe getting on in my 30s if things don't go as planned. 50% of the UK who go straight into getting a degree don't have this option. I'm pretty sure most 18 year olds don't have a fucking clue why they're doing their degree other than vague notions of some pipe dream.

Isn't there a guy who teaches english in japan with a youtube channel who stresses how shit it is living in japan as a foreigner.

You are a fucking kid by the way, at 28 you're still a monumental fucking child. You're conning your parents out of 74k to fuck about... You're a fucking child and will be taken off your rich parents will for failing the test.

>Isn't there a guy who teaches english in japan with a youtube channel who stresses how shit it is living in japan as a foreigner.

You're talking about a literally mentally ill person.

Ryanboundless is known for being unstable and he didn't even like Japan before moving there, he literally complains about every FUCKING thing that doesn't happen exactly the way he wants, even I, a spoiled brat who's "conning his parents out of 74k'' as you put it, even I am not as much of an uncompromising cunt as he is. So his opinions are literally invalid.

Also, that's a non-argument, I know of several people who make videos and comment about how happy they are to teach in Japan. That doesn't prove anything.

Anyway....

my father is extremely prone to rage and it's just hard talking to him.

How do I approach him and tell him the truth? That I want to travel to SEA Asia and have fun and teach english?

I don't care if he gets mad but I don't know how to approach the situation specially because I already have the money and now he expects me to apply to Uni. In fact he's probably going to start bugging me about it soon.

If you want me to be honest help me out please, I don't know how to tell him this.

Btw no point in calling me a spoiled kid and all of that like the other dude did, I know for a fact that I'm an imbecile, I never denied it.

Which is why I've come here for help before doing something I might regret later.

Just talk to him dude. Say you're having second thoughts about the uni thing and that you have some other ideas, and of course be prepared to give the money back.

For what it's worth your ideas sound fun and all but you're really too old to still be fucking around and doing nothing. You've got someone willing to throw tens of thousands of dollars at you to get your shit together - a lot of people would do terrible things for the opportunity you're being given, and if I was your dad I'd get angry too.

Yeah, think you should probably do what your dad wants. You don't know what could go wrong in any of those countries and you're going to need his help if anything comes your way.

Use half of it to go to a trade school
Invest the other half in a mutual fund or some shit. You'll have your life set pretty much with money in the bank and money coming in.

Also holy shit op you're a spoiled rotten brat and an idiot.

>For what it's worth your ideas sound fun and all but you're really too old to still be fucking around

You're telling me I'm too old to fuck around but not to go to Uni? How does that make any sense

It makes sense because uni leads to somewhere other than fucking around.

well, fucking around leads to an experience in teaching english and a guaranteed job in teaching english in my case....

and some certificates and letter of recommendation in hostel management.

Granted it's nothing to brag about, just saying that there IS something at the end of it.

Did your parents molest you or your sibling? Did they steal from you? Are you traumatised for life?

Sounds like you've already made your decision and just want us to rubber stamp it - so that you have us to blame when it goes south. No.

Go and betray your parents, I'm sure they deserve it. Just don't ask for my approval.

>Did your parents molest you or your sibling? Did they steal from you? Are you traumatised for life?

well, my father used to beat me up pretty badly as a child, yes.

But no sexual molestation, just violence in general.

Anyway, I've decided that I'll be honest and open with them about my plans and see what they decide.....

Should I post results?
will probably take 1 day to have an answer.

Teaching English is not a respectable position in Asia, and nor is it steady. It's considered an odd job/seasonal work for gaijin expats. Just read or watch the ALT people who document their experience. An extremely high ratio, like 4/5 of them say it's negative. Japan is a nice place to visit, but it's a terrible place to live also. There is blatant xenophobia. Ranging from signs saying gaijin not welcome on businesses, to dirty looks, and getting hassled by "show me your papers" cops. Very few respectable women will want anything to do with you. Race mixing is super taboo. I mean, the list goes on.

I can't comment on your scheme of running off with the money. If I was the son of a rich dad, I'd just take the money and fuck off with it. You can literally live like a king in third world countries on your money for several years. Places like Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam in Asia; places like Chile, Argentina, Uruguay in South America. Lots of places where you can live on $5-10 a day.

The problem with doing any of this expat is that you're in a sense just being a vagabond bum. Doing a bachelors in business is the smart thing to do, especially in a good private college. You can meet some important people, and get a good job. That will set you up for the rest of your life. I know that some people aren't cut out for the academic life and hitting the books, and going to classrooms and all that. That's fine. But unless your dad is going to leave you a couple of million (or more), then what are you going to do for the rest of your life? Again, back to the top, expat teaching is not legit work. There's maybe like 5 people who make it work, like "Gimmieflakeman" Victor. And guys like that are committed weeaboos; they went all in and left everything behind. You sound like a rich kid just looking to fuck around. You're probably just going to waste the money in a short amount of time. Piss off your dad (or worse), and have nothing to show for it at 30.

Think about it, dude

>There is blatant xenophobia

Don't really care about that.

>Extremely hard to find a respectable woman

Don't care again. Not looking for a relationship.

>But unless your dad is going to leave you a couple of million (or more), then what are you going to do for the rest of your life?

He's not leaving me any millions. Just some properties, like 2 very small houses he owns outside the city. And the plan for the rest of life would be to teach English.... maybe save some money and do something else later, like open my own business.

Anyway, I said I'm going to be honest and open up with my father. I won't do this behind his back, you guys convinced me...

do you work there, or did you just save up money before going

called my father and asked him for some time tomorrow to explain the situation to him.

Will update once I have news....

Lol fuck bitches yea sure.

i gather you want to get "yellow fever" around your D
you just cant narrow down which part...
doesnt matter where you go can teach engrish in china if ya want. (chinese love western men) (NZ in peticular)

had a buddy who taught english in japan. they actually pay their teachers quite well he said but learning the lingo is a must wherever you choose or at least get a crash course so you can get a basic idea where you are going.