Can't Even Get Hired at Fast Food Places

Is there anything easier or should I kill myself

Attached: 1506035482681.jpg (260x288, 18K)

Believe me, that's the best luck you'll ever have.

What're your qualifications?

Manual labor jobs like construction if you aren't some out of shape POS

None
I've worked a paper route and dropped out of college

Okay, so you have high school and some college. How much college?

half a year
I was railroaded into it and too much of a pussy to say I didnt actually want to go so I just let my grades die and got kicked out for failing half my classes

Look into custodial/janitor work maybe. When I was having resume issues I applied for the lowest of the low custodial position and within two years I made it to a supervisor position and make a surprising amount of money.

test

Learn fast typing then look up local hiring agencies.

we just gotta find a way to make money without a job my man

Look at all the fast food places in the area and choose the one that pays the least. They're understaffed and will hire anyone.

t. Manager at a store that's understaffed

We pay 8/hr but nearby locations pay 10-11 so we don't get many apps

If you have a car the easiest job I've ever gotten is pizza delivery driver. Don't call out sick and leave them hanging and do a decent job and they will increase your hours while other people cop out on them constantly.

Managers like people who help them, they won't help people who don't help them.

Why would I have a car if I can't get hired

white privvy

No go to temp agencies. They'll get you a job fast. And some of those jobs lead to better full time employment.

Do you have any friends, neighbours, church friends, or family at all that work?

You should honestly ask them. 80% of all jobs come from connections. I'm sure atleast one person you know can hook you up with the job. If the person who works there does a good job, and they vouch for you to their boss, then their boss will assume that since you're in association with a good worker, you'll be a good worker too.

Also, try to up your skills. Do you live in a first world country? See if your library has any online resources. My library gives people free access to Lynda.com. If yours does the same thing, consider building your skillset to be more appealing.

There was some dude who basically spent all of his free time doing lynda.com that with all of the cert's and qual's he had, he was able to glide up the corporate ladder pretty fast.

Attached: 6EVh-iGJmhDspMm3M2dCdEPhMxPdQr2qZTO_ziv6nBA.jpg (432x767, 95K)

How do Temp Agencies work exactly? I think I've seen some around

Okay, so you have high school. You could still say "some college"; sometimes that gives you an edge even if you didn't do well.
Go in and talk to them. Often it's clerical work. I've seen situations where a "temp" will be on the same job for three years.

You mean the privilege of allowing shitskins such as yourself in our countries?

no, i'm white... i thought about fucking with you and acting like a rude black shitposter, but actually i meant i had a car just given to me because i come from a family with the means to do so. don't know if is really white privilege that got my father to the point of being able to give us cars or not, but it was kinda a joke.

Attached: 698465423134.png (391x557, 239K)

Your fast food, theaters, and even retail stores mainly only hire right before "busy" season. Each place has different busy seasons. You got to be smart about when you apply because management isn't constantly combing through applications hoping to find the perfect candidate months before they need to start looking for people.

I am a manager at a theater, and I handle the hiring. The #1 thing I look for when it comes to even calling about an interview, if they have decent scores on the assessment test, is their availability. If it isn't almost completely open I move on because I need people for our busy season. If they have school or another job that is fine, but using that as an excuse to say you can only work 1-2 days a week won't work with us.

Here's what you do:
>Borrow your mom's car
>Duct tape a garden hose to the exhaust
>Run hose through driver seat window
>Close window
>Run car, lean back, and enjoy your favorite tunes until the pain of failure melts away.

I tell every employer I'm available at literally all times
What else would be taking up my time if I dont have a job

Also since you apparently know do assessments want you to say exactly what you'd think they'd want to hear or do they know that people would put those and are looking for people who dont just put the obvious answers

yup commercial cleaning. your pushing a mop and bucket. or a vaccuum

and if you cant get a job there your overqualified...

Generally the answers we want is the obvious ones. Pick the answers we would want to hear. Those tests often repeat questions in just different forms to compare our previous answer to a similar question. That does play a role in your score in your assessment.
Do not over think the questions. That is everyone's problem to those tests.
If you are applying to jobs with an open availability. I fully believe you are just applying at the wrong times. For example we need people for Avengers in late April so we started hiring 2 weeks ago. When I pull applications the first ones on my dashboard is the most recent applications, and I do not go beyond a couple weeks unless an employee wants me to pull someone's application.

Movie theaters tend to hire in June and November, and about a month before giant movies come out. Retail stores start hiring around September and May/June. I can't say about fast food since I've never worked in it.

Have you gotten interviews? If yes it's possible you interview poorly.

How does your resume look? Compare to others online, just looking decent is enough to get entry level employers to put you in the "maybe" pile.

Your county (if US) should have an employment office, if they can't find you work they can at least help you with the process.

Go on google maps and just start writing down business numbers, call and ask if they have any positions open, if they ask for what just say "anything, I'm willing to learn and am motivated".

Don't just throw in the towel after five or six failures, you're CV is kinda crap and the only way to make it not crap is to keep trying, find a job, and stick with that job while learning something like a trade.

Find a trade school, go to it, don't puss out. Your situation is bad, not impossible.

Attached: 1511632197276.jpg (300x396, 12K)

I've gotten 1 interview in 2 years
I've had my resume looked at multiple times by people at employment services
I don't have a phone
I don't want an illustrious career that I have to go to school for years for I just want a shitty job I can hate my life at and live in a shitty apartment eating ramen

You're gonna need a phone. Get a cheap provider like Cricket, which is a subsidiary of AT&T and runs off their network. You can get unlimited texting, calling, and some data for cheap. There's cheap smartphones available if needed.

How TF are you gonna interview or stay in contact without a phone? At least pretend to be a normie if you want a job.

How am I supposed to get money for a cheap phone if I don't have a job

Family, friends, government gibs me dat programs, charity?

>I've gotten 1 interview in 2 years
So your problem is in presentation

>I've had my resume looked at multiple times by people at employment services
Did you actually fix it? Did you try to find a program to help place you in a job?

>I don't have a phone
They cost fifteen dollars at CVS, you have no excuse. Shit, you need a personal number on your resume.

>I don't want an illustrious career that I have to go to school for years for I just want a shitty job I can hate my life at and live in a shitty apartment eating ramen
Sounds like you don't actually want advice and just came around to have nerds on an Indonesian Cross Stitch Board make you feel better.

Sign up for government assistance, get a loan from family, beg, do something other then argue with people giving you advice, because a lot of what you're getting in this thread, sans people telling you to neck yourself, is actually good advice.

Where I live the most unemployable people work as chicken catchers, out in a factory farm literally grabbing armfuls of live chickens, stuffing them into crates, and then onto the truck to be shipped for slaughter. No background checks, no interview, no nothing. Lots of ex-cons and junkies do this job.

>Did you actually fix it?
Yes? Does "multiple times" not imply getting it looked at, changing it and getting it looked at again? I've been to the seminars, I've brought it to people and did everything they said. I've asked for advice and eventually everyone just says "its fine" then when I ask how to make it good they say "its good".
> Did you try to find a program to help place you in a job?
I was in one for months with said employment services as part of the aforementioned college railroading. I applied to everything on the lists they handed out and everywhere else that was available just like now. No bites, no changes.

Not OP, but I'm also looking for a job. I dropped out of high school during the last year, with 2 subjects approved. Can I just lie and say I finished it or will they ask me for my certificate and fuck me?

I've never heard of any employer asking to see proof of high school graduation, as far as I can tell you only really need that for post-secondary applications.

Adding to this, I went three years thinking I hadn't graduated high school. At the time I just didn't give a fuck, I finished my last exam and never even went back to get my grades. I was pretty sure I had failed grade 12 math but didn't care enough to check. When I was 21 I applied to post-secondary as a "mature student" and needed a copy of my high school transcript, and I found out then that I actually did pass math and therefore graduated. I was steadily employed during those three years, but thought I was lying on the application when I said I graduated high school. The point is that no one checked because no one cared.

I guess I know what i'm gonna do then.

Maybe they did check and they just didn't bring it up because it wasn't wrong.

>Maybe they did check and they just didn't bring it up because it wasn't wrong.

Nah, I don't know about where you live but here the only way to get that information is through the Department of Education, and they won't release it without written consent which I did not give. And businessmen have more important things to do than go through government bureaucracy to verify that their prospective shit shoveler or cash register jockey graduated grade 12.

>Yes? Does "multiple times" not imply getting it looked at, changing it and getting it looked at again?
That doesn't mean you changed it well. I've had the same resume format since high school when a teacher forced us to make one and I've done whole rewrites and reformats at least six times. I'm not saying this is 100% the issue, but it is worth still considering. It might be yours is fine, but nothing makes it stand out.

Have you tried including cover letters? Just a few paragraphs, nothing too extensive, but it might make an employer interested enough to call you in.

>I was in one for months
Go back. Seriously. If you hard up for money apply for benefits with the Federal/State/County government, get everything you can.

You need to get a phone and you need to call each place you turn in an app at least once a week too, that'll help.

If their pre-employment screening is worth dick they're going to check with your listed high school, and some people take lying on a resume absurdly seriously even for low level stuff. Your best bet is to start a GED program and find an employer who takes "I'm currently enrolled and motivated to get my GED" as a reasonable answer.