Gun control argument

Gf thinks with her emotions rather than her brain (feels vs facts) and even when her beliefs are confronted with contradictory evidence, she refuses to acknowledge its validity because feelings. “It’s just the way I am” now I’m getting the silent treatment because I tried to convince her that AR-15’s are no more deadly than a handgun at short range
>

Attached: E5470A91-6F2A-41F6-9FFD-60292D7766AA.jpg (750x1175, 638K)

>what do i do to help her think with facts instead of emotion

>muh feels are facts
Nice imaginary situation, you underaged virgin.

...did you even read?

If you expect your partner to ever being rational or logical, you need to go gay route. Ensure you know why you have gf
>sex
>looks
>babies
>cooking
>social value
>household chores
>motivation to do better at life
>somebody who will nag you to death
And notice that none of it is talking with. If you want to talk about anything, you need male friends for that.

That’s a pretty negative viewpoint but I agree to an extent. I believe women have the ability to have logical thought processes. My goal is to make sure she isn’t a libtard because I refuse to add another one to this world

>libtard
So you are another amerimutt who thinks that you can describe whole political opinion by single word? That you are either X and all your opinions about 99999 problems are shared with X, or you are Y which is complete opposite of X and nothing inbetween?

Go to /pol, you probably arent any better than your gf.

Look who’s generalizing now?
>libtard does mean all liberals
It literally stands for retarded liberal i.e. uninformed and feeling-dependent liberal who makes unsubstantiated claims
You got butthurt so fast I had to check if I was on Reddit

Heh. Back to adv. Women arent capable of "logic" if they feel threatened. And believe me or not, when your loved one disagree with you, it makes them go crazy with various emotions from hate to depression. Solution? Never disagree with her or at least soothe her beforehand. You know like hug or some romantic filler before you confront her.

If you want to make sure she isnt libtard, then simply ask her right questions AND DONT INTERRUPT with your opinions. But the real advice is to not combine your romantic / love life with politics. Besides none of your opinions matters except when there are votings going on.

Wew it must suck to have to tip-toe around your girlfriend like this. Maybe find a gf that you're compatible with on all levels?

I'm going to create a chart for you that delivers a point of how statistics are meaningless.

I'm going to use your car analogy as an example.

Sure, statistically speaking cars cause the deaths of 1.3 million people each year. But does that take into consideration of what the actual total of deaths would be if there weren't any safety measures in place like seat belts, air bags, or layered interlaced windows?

No. It just draws up a mean of numbers calculated by the current data. That number would most definitely be higher. It also does not take into consideration of who exactly is being killed and in what scenario. Are all of those 1.8 million people drivers? Passengers? Pedestrians? Are the deaths on impact, or after accidents? Are drugs and alcohol involved? Are there other variables such as stress, and road conditions taken into account?

Same thing applies to a gun. Virtually speaking, a gun is a harness inanimate object. It can't discharge itself. Something needs to actually cause a gun to fire.

Imagine if there weren't any limits. Everyone would have a gun. Everyone would have access to a gun. You can't predict the mentality of whoever owns a gun. Statistics show that owning a gun increases the risk of suicide or accidental and non accidental homicide. What statistics don't show is the rare circumstance when you do need to use your gun, and not everyone is trained to understand non lethal injuries.

A gun is a weapon. A bow is a weapon. You can't publically walk around with a bow in public but you can walk around with a gun if you have an easy to acquire carrying permit?

You can try to argue about a gun's usefulness all you want but at the end of the day you don't need a gun.

Real life isnt about what you want, but about what you can get and working with that. Priorities. For me, politics opinions or discussing about stuff was never high priority for finding life partner.

Shitposting here fullfills all my needs in this regards. Gf is about something else, at least for me and it works out. I suggest you to do the same.

>at the end of the day you don't need a gun.
You don't need to dive a car
You don't need to vote
You don't need to voice your opinion
You don't need to have access to the internet
You don't need a lot of things, but there are things you should have. Like ways to protect yourself.

You make the weakest arguments, but I'll indulge you.

A car can TRANSPORT you. And can cut down transit time.
And voting is a RIGHT not an object. You have the RIGHT to express yourself.

And if you read the constitutional right to bear arms you'll understand that it is of the archaic belief that you can form your own militias, which enables gang violence that much more.

A gun does nothing for you. You can actually protect yourself with any number of things. Knives, sticks, bats, etc. If anything it is HARDER to protect yourself with a gun because you actually have to aim it.

Look I understand that you Americans are passionate about your guns but that's all it is. A passion. Not a necessity.

The irony here is that your "facts" are really just feels as well on your end. I'm even a gun supporter. But cut the intellectual and moral superiority stance here, or find a new gf who will just accept everything you say.

America might be safer is all guns instantly disappeared but thats not going to happen, I want a gun to defend myself against other people with guns. That may sound 'ironic' but thats the reality.

Also, most gun control countries also have a ban on carrying sticks or knives for self defense. If we go down that road its likely that we could lose the right to self defense entirely.

Do you need any advice?

Don't talk about this with her problem solved

>I'm a huge fucking pussy with no self respect so I'll settle for someone I hate because pussy

Why bother arguing with her about this?

Literally who cares what she thinks about it?

Who is she (and who are you) to have an opinion about all this?

>Gf thinks with her emotions rather than her brain
Typical of women, not an insult just true.
You need to use and emotional argument. I use the fact that women are much worse at fighting hand to hand then men and that guns are equalizers. Ask her whether she wants to be alone with her child when a man is threatening her, or with an AR-15 and her child when a man is threatening her.

You're right about that gun thing. The bigger picture is probably that you're trying to convince her that gun control isn't good. And if you're american that's a an extremely loaded topic. So trying to change her view on an extremely loaded topic is automatically going to cause a strong reaction. Some people don't want to be convinced. And even if you're fully right about a part of it they don't want to hear your arguments. You can state your argument but if you push it further you're just being argumentative. Et voila you've locked down any rational discussion about that topic

>debating your gf

stop it.

"Democracy" was a mistake.

>I tried to convince her that AR-15’s are no more deadly than a handgun at short range
I'm curious as to what facts you used to come to this conclusion because it just isn't true. Its a simple matter of magazine capacity and versatility. One could argue about the physical damage that a .556 round can inflict versus something like a hollow point 9mm but if you're talking sheer number of rounds fired, versatility in both short range and medium ranges and ability to maintain grouping (in the hands of your average person, not a trained shooter) than the AR-15 is absolutely deadlier. They are of course larger and harder to smuggle into spaces unlike handguns but if you're just talking about the overall lethality of two weapons than the AR-15 wins, hands down. I own 3 of them. I think if you're going to start exalting yourself in the "feels vs. facts" argument you need to not only be positive that your "facts" are correct but also understand that having feelings about the issue doesn't disqualify you from having an opinion nor should it be grounds for dismissing people. Little kids are being murdered in cold blood. Its kind of a dick move to insist that feelings shouldn't be a part of the equation. They absolutely should, but so should facts. I own about two dozen firearms and I'm 100% supportive of ownership but don't get so bogged down in your pro-gun ideology that you forget to be a human being.

>accuses his gf of feels over facts
>is retarded enough to believe an ar15 isn't deadlier than a handgun

Its disputable but basically the AR-15 is more dangerous, though I dont think enough so to make a ban worthwhile.

it would be a ban put in place out of ignorance and fear because there’s multiple other rifles with the same rate of fire and ammo type as an AR15 nobody even talks about.

You're getting the silent treatment for treating this female as a less-than because she is a woman, and thinking yourself some kind of greater being because your limp genital parts hang off your body like a wet rag instead of being hidden neatly inside you. You think and act on your feelings just as much as an female. And must have played with her feelings to trap her into a relationship with your stupid woman-hating self.

You're so funny user... I really like how you bring up the topic of statistics being unclear and then use an unclear statistic to back up your claim that guns are bad.

You say: Guns increase the chance of suicide

You forget that suicical people fetch for a gun to use on themseleves. It's not like your average Joe will start getting more depressing thoughts after touching a gun.

I really thought you were on to something for a second lol

Good luck in your dating game. You will need it.

jesus christ even this fucking autist has a gf and I'm just sitting in a tiny room with the lights off miserable

Attached: Vincent_Willem_van_Gogh_002.jpg (250x321, 25K)

The gun debate is fucking stupid.

It wouldn't be stupid if you were debating with Trump, or a senator, or anyone who actually had an impact on the second amendment. But you're not. You're risking your relationship on a frankly silly political issue.

Fun fact: most women are for gun control, most men are against it. Yet somehow, this isn't breaking up marriages.

you should just take her to a shooting range and show her that guns aren't dangerous, blue pills literally don't know how guns work and have never seen or held one in their entire life, all they know about guns is from instagram

explain to her than an ar15 shoots the same bullets as a hunting rifle but the outside is lighter, that's the only difference, and that the second amendment doesn't apply to muskets because then every man was created equal would apply only to white land owners

Explain to her that the assault rifle is necessary for defense from government because you can't defend yourself with a pistol against a group of people, and the citizens outnumber and overpower the government unless the government confiscates guns, and then your rights aren't protected anymore. and you can't just be blown up by jets because there's millions of citizens. there are only thousands of isis and they have been fighting our military for 10 years and they're still here with only trucks and ak47s.

If you value your rights you will value guns because that's the only thing that protects your rights from the government. Show her that guns aren't these dangerous things either because these school shootings are extremely rare, and it's not that easy to just go buy a gun. you already have to have extensive background checks and they cost more than 100 dollars at walmart. stupid blue pilled bitch. and if you think you are righteous for using dead kids to pass gun control laws you aren't. If you were worried about the dead kids, they have nothing to do with gun control. if you truly cared about gun control you would research and know that black people kill each other every single day with handheld weapons that are much more dangerous than an ar15 because they're concealable. The amount of black on black crime with guns exceeds school shootings to the point where they are virtually nonexistent, but you only care about using dead children to promote a political platform.

RIP OP

Sorry bud, I’m married and even I know you’re wrong on this. Get some self-respect and ditch the girl.

How many girls have you asked on date this year?

I haven't asked a girl out since I tried Tinder for a month three years ago

You've proven my point. Thank you I was waiting for someone to bite.

What a mind-bendingly stupid meme

Cars are extremely dangerous. That is why they require LICENSING AND REGISTRATION

Attached: confused man.gif (666x373, 998K)

>an extremely loaded topic

haha

And you wonder where yout gf is? Go to social events you hate. Ever been to figere skating, opera and dancing lessons?