25+ Thread

Kinda tired of all these kids with time and age on their hands complaining.

Has anyone 25+ with no real social standing, with no relationship experience and a NEET/shut-in wageslave ever made it?

28 nobody here and I don't really feel like reaching my 30s as a failure. Seems like everybody my age has got their shit together and have already fully formed their social circles. Jobs higher than wageslave seem to be out of reach, so I'm stuck here with power-tripping managers.

Attached: 1505327251455.jpg (800x1200, 181K)

Bumpin.

Attached: 1506884758180.jpg (800x1067, 417K)

27, no job experience, NEET/unemployable, no friends, 1 gay relationship, virgin when it comes to girls (I'm 95% into women and becoming progressively straighter as I age)

I don't think I'm gonna make it and I have no clue how I'm supposed to even try or why

Attached: 1521580825401.png (425x1275, 207K)

Also dropped out of HS for medical reasons and now I'm too retarded to get the local GED equivalent

there's something I think you're not understanding about "success" and that's that these young kids do not have time on their hands, if they're as successful as you're imagining them to be, they likely aren't living for themselves or love their careers

I was referring to the children making the threads on Jow Forums that amount to "all is lost" despite being 18 or 19 when all the world is still open to them.

>25
>only thing i can be proud of is that i live by myself
>literally all of my money goes to bills food and student loans, somtimes enough left over to buy a few joints (they're ~5$ a pop in colorado, only damn cheap thing here)
>my few friends all live elsewhere and have families/are military/both and talk to me thru vidya exclusively
>complain about their lives, with pets, wives, kids on the way, etc etc.
>i play yugioh alone until i pass out, go to work, and repeat
>this is probably my life until i kill myself

Attached: 1510393219189.jpg (960x902, 59K)

After a certain point your student loans will he paid off and you can use that extra money towards whatever the fuck you want

well, I'm only 12 or so years away from that point at this rate. cheers

meant to reply to

Ayyy late 20s college dropouts/minimal work experience/social retards with massive insecurities life failures unite!

Attached: DSC_3574.jpg (900x600, 327K)

well they're fucking retarded, what're you doing listening to them? they're like the reddit of Jow Forums

it could only be worse on /soc/

I have a professional degree and profession license and own my own business. I also have a nice wife (who was a virgin when we married) and two children with her....

shit, wrong thread. Sorry NEETs

Could be worse anons
>23
>top of my class
>decent college and employable major
>spent passed 6 months looking for a job. Have completed thousands of online applications, with very little response.
At least you have had a chance to make it. I never even got the chance despite my efforts

I wanted to save my virginity for a serious relationship but I'm 30 now so chances seem high that I'm never going to find a relationship, and even if I do they might care extremely little about virginity due to our age. Should I open up to the possibility of something more casual so that I can at least experience the intimacy, or should I keep doing what I've been doing?

28, one short job writing at home, kissless/hugless/virgin

Finally saw my doctor about it a few weeks ago and started on anti-depressents and contacted a therapy service.

The first day after finally saying out loud "I've never had a girlfriend and have no friends" was great, the relief felt like a new start.

Then it all fell apart the next morning. Right back to square zero.

Can't stop feeling like a pathetic worthless piece of shit.

Your resume sucks or you live where there aren't jobs.

Go on linkedin, find other people in your field. Make your resume look similar to theirs. (e.g. use the same buzzwords when you can, give similar level of detail).

Oh yeah and you want to play down college as much as possible unless your shooting for a place that hires straight from college (and even then you missed interning for those type of companies if you didn't get hired by one).

Maybe get your budget together so you aren't broke? Maybe go out and be social instead of whining about not seeing people in person?

Are you trying to be in relationships and the door is slamming when you don't put out?

Or are you avoiding relationships to pretend the perfect significant other is going to love you solely because you waited for them?

Attached: 1408182933739.jpg (849x629, 66K)

>Your resume sucks or you live where there aren't jobs.
Sadly no. My resume has good stuff on it. People just don't want to hire me. I get to these interviews, act very friendly, social, and pleasant, but midway through the interviewer will take out their phone. They will never listen to anything I say, and just want to talk about themselves the entire time. Most of the time, I think people just feel threatened by my intelligence t,b,h (as stupid as it may sound)

>get your budget together so you aren't broke
I'm broke because I do have a budget

>pay bills/insurance on time
>taxes
>401k
>some to savings account
>student loans

also i never really whined about loneliness in person. sure, a gf might be nice but i'm not actively looking for one, it wouldn't solve my issues.

I just got on adderall 70mg and wanted to chime in and say, life has improved 100x. I finally can read a book and study. I'm passing my classes and learning to play guitar. 27 user reporting in.

>massive adhd
>also bipolar
am i fucked

>Are you trying to be in relationships and the door is slamming when you don't put out?
>Or are you avoiding relationships to pretend the perfect significant other is going to love you solely because you waited for them?
I haven't met anyone who wanted a relationship with me yet. I have met people who may have wanted an affair with me but with whom a long-term relationship would not work.

I am "saving myself" because I would prefer to be someone's first instead of being their ninth, so returning the favour seems fair. I don't think pure carnal pleasure is worth sacrificing that but now I'm getting to a point where I feel like doing it at all may be more important than doing it correctly.

I do NOT have high expectations. I'd just prefer to lose my virginity to the one I marry, and if that's not possible then at least the second or third.

To live is to reinvent yourself every single day. What you accomplished is not always something like money, womens and social status. Memories ans wisdom are valuable too, think again.

Tbh I feel a little bipolar but I get by. What do you take for it.

What field you're in?

Currently nothing, dropped out of psychiatric care, when I get a new shrink I'm gonna suggest going straight to lithium desu
I took all the other mood stabilizers in the past and they all made me worse between episodes (ot more depressed but had a harder time functioning), not sure if it's worth it since I started to have pretty long stretches of being ok. I probably can't count on concerta without being on a mood stabilizer, my previous therapist suggested it when I was on lamotrigine but it didn't go anywhere.

i kind of did.

39 & work for a law firm. reasonably popular.

what i discovered is that it's futile to compare yourself to others and it's even more futiles to listen to the advice of others.

your best bet is to get out there, make mistakes and learn from them. also: compare yourself to where you were. if you're on an upward trajectory in your own mind, you're doing well.

we make our own way in life and time is limited, so make your own meaning and find what makes you happy and do it, even if it's something others might judge negatively.

also: try not to be a dick but don't be a pushover either. learn to handle confrontation and learn to think on your feet. i learned this working in a call centre and then a law firm. arguing with others for a job is the best training for arguing for yourself.

> (You)
>Currently nothing, dropped out of psychiatric care, when I get a new shrink I'm gonna suggest going straight to lithium desu
>I took all the other mood stabilizers in the past and they all made me worse between episodes (ot more depressed but had a harder time functioning), not sure if it's worth it since I started to have pretty long stretches of being ok. I probably can't count on concerta without being on a mood stabilizer, my previous therapist suggested it when I was on lamotrigine but it didn't go anywhere.
Try Adderall it fixed my life. I've never been on mood stabilizers

They don't have it here. Concerta is ritalin but long release and it works kinda the same.
They don't normally prescribe it to bipolar patients because it makes them worse though. So I have one disorder that indicates I should try it and a second one that indicates I should stay the fuck away from it. You can try taking drugs for both and hope the bipolar meds prevent you from getting worse from the adhd ones but psychiatrists are usually reluctant to do it

I'm 28 and I'm feeling optimistic for the future. I stopped being a NEET, I won over some inner demons, I made good friends.

Maybe some people don't think I'm popular enough or earn enough money or go to enough parties (I don't go to any parties) but I do not and never wanted to become a basic normie.

29 here, started losing weight and people treat me differently it has given some confidence to make small talk with women. I don't hate women like most incels here, I am just always in what I call "professional mode" I treat everyone as a client and I am careful not to offend. I used to be reckless in college, would go up to a girl and just ask if she wanted sex and even got laid a few times doing that. But then I got a job and gained weight and lost confidence. How do I get back in the game? I feel good, I look good, but I am a bitch when it comes to being bold and getting the number, also hurts that I am not on campus and the only girls I know are my friends gfs and their friends. Also is it just me or are most 25+ women fat?

>Also is it just me or are most 25+ women fat?
I don't know, to me it seems like most single women are 7+/10. Every average-to-"homely" 25+ girl seems to be in a relationship.

why is your rent payment a source of pride?
I make $75k and still live with my parents because I'm not prepared to sit in my apartment alone and miserable

This is probably the worst era to be a late 20s nobody social outcast, now that geek merged into the mainstream. Outcasts of our own niche now.

Attached: 1506883769328.jpg (1819x2747, 2.47M)

First you need to better define what failure entails. Once you know what or make it clear what reaching your 30s as a failure means, you have to realistically look at where you are today and where you want to be in two years time that will not make you feel like a failure.

Is it possible, maybe or maybe not. That is all on you.
I can guarantee you that the people you think have it all together also have their problems, and when you reach your 30s you'll start seeing them go through some shit as well.
But really that shouldn't matter to you. What should matter to you is your own life. No matter where you want to go in life or where you are, you have to start from a place of genuinely loving your own life and your own story. And you need to know that change is difficult, near impossible. So its up to you if you want to live a life fighting the odds that are against you.
Nothing dramatically different will happen once you pass 30 unless you work at it, and even then it might not. You got into this situation you are in for reasons. Some are your own, some you couldn't help and some can never change.

If you want to change it will involve rewriting years and years of cognition. Built up paths that have been treated into roads and their impact will never fully leave you.
If you are adventurous you can go for it. If it seems like to big of an undertaking its easier to learn to relax and accept your lot in life. As you get older people will start dying in more frequency and some things you were worried about will disappear, new things will come along.

I see you fucking complaining as well. The "my internal woes are worse" thing is one of the most disgusting stance a person can take regarding emotions.

>I can guarantee you that the people you think have it all together also have their problems, and when you reach your 30s you'll start seeing them go through some shit as well.
>But really that shouldn't matter to you.

Man, many of us 25+ losers have the same problem, no friends, no lovers and a dead end job. How'd you get anywhere if you're WAY behind everyone else?

You have to look at it like a novel, or a movie, or a video game or whatever suits you best. But it has to be your story. That's what I mean with having to rewrite years of cognition. Because its easy to say you need to get over thinking about life in terms of being behind everyone else. But its harder, much harder to do that.

Because it took years and years to build that cognition, that is your operating system and the way you are wired through complex measures keeps that going.
For instance, just something like how you tense your shoulders can influence it. Its such an extensive and complex situation, that turning it around with something like therapy will take years and resources that few of us have the opportunity to even start with.
This is why change rarely happens, and why change is so hard to achieve. Its easier and more likely to stay the way we are.

Where you get depends on where you think you want to go, and why you think you want to go those places.

This really doesn't amount to actionable advice. I mean, I don't think I've seen almost any useable advice for older anons. Just vague outlines that we already have.

Add to that, most advice seems to built on a previous foundation that 25+ losers don't have.

Bump with a pretty cosplayer.

Attached: cosplay_makes_hot_girls_even_hotter_65.jpg (467x700, 55K)

27, never been in a relationship. I've had 2 separate occasions where the person who fell for me was already in a relationship with a close friend, so I ended up feeling like garbage.
No debts, am fit again, and I finally have a pretty good full time job, but my anxiety is getting noticeably worse because I'm terrified of being a bother to friends. Being head-over-heels for a coworker friend has not helped at all.

Near 30 here. Went from the cusp of NEEThood to a full time job working member of society.
It's possible, lads. Work to make your dreams come true.

>.
I'm 33, dating a sexy dimply blond, have a PhD in chemistry, and looks like I'm no longer unemployed as of today!

I get high every day and drink like 40 beers a week.

How the fuck can none of you retards get your shit together.

life isn't that hard. you just have to actually try

When did you stop being a NEET?

>You can do it.
>Just do it.

Real descriptive.

27 and boy is it difficult to give a shit.
I'm hoping my body cops out in my sleep. I sure abuse it enough, I think.

27 and a huge social loser but I have friends.
Not a virgin anymore because I buy hookers, though I was never in the relationship, or more like I never cared about girls in the first place.
I just don't care anymore, but I still wanted to improve myself. I have a little money to invest on some skills, I don't want to die useless but I don't know what I should be doing either.
Learning a dialect or computer language comes into mind but I don't know how I could utilize that, maybe I should subscribe to Skillshare?

I could've sworn there used to be groups in the early 00s looking to help NEETs/shut-ins when WoW was sucking people in.

Whatever happened to that?

It's really no wonder you're a loser when you're so obstinate about refusing to do something as simply making slight effort to improve yourself

How do I get prescribed Adderall?

So easy just to tell people to "work harder" without providing even the least bit of instructions.

28, never had a relationship and stopped talking to my friends a few years ago. I don't really care enough to change this.
I have a pretty comfy job though, low-paying but I don't spend much money anyway.
Basically I don't see any reason to "improve".

I'm 27 and have no friends. I've had many one night stands but few relationships. I have a very hard time connecting with people so I can relate to you guys as far as that goes. Getting close to thirty with everyone expecting you to have kids and a wife already is depressing.

>I get high every day and drink like 40 beers a week.

You're not going to be very healthy in a few years if you keep doing that.

>Getting close to thirty with everyone expecting you to have kids and a wife already is depressing.
I've made a pact with myself to kill myself at 30. I mean, the last 5 or so years have been dreadful and dry. I don't get any enjoyment of the usual shit that used to entertain me.

Bumping with anzu.

Attached: 1450931175726.jpg (640x960, 74K)

Yeah that is stupid. Most people don't give a fuck about intelligence, they care about competence and only in a professional sense. They want to get along with people too. You obviously need to brush up on your interview skills, because if someone is pulling their phone out DURING AN INTERVIEW then you are not engaging them.

There is no advice is what I'm trying to say. No amount of words written or spoken will ever magically change you or fix things for you. If you want to change you have to know what you want to change into and even then the odds of changing are against you, at all times.

>buzzwords
Man fuck you. Just us to kill ourselves.

>buzzwords
Man fuck you. Just tell us to kill ourselves.

buzzwords? And no I don't think suicide is the only option as I've already written, the best solution is often to learn how to cope with the life you have.
I have asked a few times now what it is that would constitute as going into your 30s as a failure.

The reason I ask that is because if you have concrete things, you can start working towards those. If you are 28 and want a wife, kids a high paying job, your own house and so on. You have to look realistic at it, chances are you're not gonna make those goals in 2 years time. So could you extended it? No. Then maybe its easier to change your definition of what a failure going in to your 30s is. And being ok with being that loser. Because like it or not, that is your story.

>no hope
>be ok with that

Fuck it, when I get the means I kill myself.

>still avoiding the question

Wow, I need moar !

Naw none of us make it. I'm in the same boat as you. I've made a deal with myself if I don't get an actual hug this weekend imma kms.

What fucking question?
Goals? It's the same fucking that most of us here have: a decent social circle and a job that doesn't actively destroy your knees.

Why do I even bother? A fucking board with the threads with the highest post counts are bait threads. A gun control reaches the post limit but you genuinely ask for help so that your life isn't just a work-sleep loop and people here either give vague self-help bullshit or effectively tell you to kill yourself.

I hope there's more livestreamed suicides so you can pat yourselves on the back on how helpful you are.

What does it mean to enter your 30s as a failure?

It might be something that seems unobtainable from your point of view, but from the outside those are goals that you can obtain fairly easily. If you have a hobby, go to where people that are doing the same hobby meet. If you don't have a hobby, find one by trying what fits you. I don't know you personally so I don't know your credentials but having a job that doesn't kill your knees can be a lot of things from driving for uber to programming.
But you must've heard these things 10 times already and if you're this on edge, I can only recommend going to a psychologist. And plz don't kill yourself.

This is the real reason these threads usually fail.

If people wanted to try they would reach out and grab onto the many sources on the internet that will help you with everything from making friends and getting laid, to getting fit, to getting ahead in your career.

I pulled my head out of my ass in my mid 20's. I still remember being like some of the people in this thread, desperate to attack any advice so they don't have to do anything.

>I pulled my head out of my ass in my mid 20's.
Tell me exactly what you did and your previous state before your miraculous upswing.

I was a NEET in my early 20s but I got a shitty steady job around 22-24 and now i'm doing alright i don't know if that counts or not

I remember when I was under 25 and terrified of the day I would be able to post on these threads. I turned 25 a few weeks ago. I don't feel scared but I feel a sense of hopelessness, but at the same time I feel like nothing matters.

Become a manager

It's 6 months you stupid faggot

Keep trying

26 here.

Wageslave here, Sex sucks jerkin it is better. I haven't done anything I wanted too yet. I like playing video games but all my friends and family make me do shit chores for them after work. I am getting tired and stressed out and am starting to binge drink to help me sleep.

Attached: __ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_shameimaru_aya_and_shameimaru_aya_touhou_drawn_by (850x767, 99K)

On my 28th birthday I had very little to celebrate. I was broke, jobless, friendless, no gf, addicted to opiates, living in my parents basement with criminal charges pending against me. It was the lowest point in my life.
Change doesn't happen overnight. It doesn't happen because you're disciplined, it doesn't happen because you're scared, and it definitely doesn't happen because you want it enough.
It happens by being inspired by something, by actually, legitimately enjoying something and throwing yourself into it. Its sad to say, but the only thing that really inspired me was drugs. So I went to support groups and NA and talked about drugs. A lot. I started looking up supplements online to help me build muscle and get motivated to work out. I started volunteering with harm reduction organisations, where I helped people use drugs and get crack pipes. I was passionate about drugs, and I was good at talking to people about them. People noticed. They hired me on and I started making money. I started dating a girl who also worked there.
I'm 30 now and I don't make much money, I still struggle with basic tasks like getting out of bed in the morning, and not getting so blasted I can't work or do the things I need to do. I still have bitter fights with my parents, who don't see the value in what I do and sometimes see me as a disappointment.
By you know what? I'm happy. I have a job, a purpose, a life. I have friends, a bit of money and a sweet, kind gf that loves me. Slowly, but surely, I beginning to not hate myself. I'm letting go of the idea that I'm a failure just because a lot of people think I am, and as I let go of that idea, I start being able to do more and more. I've lost almost a hundred pounds, I'm getting promoted at my work. Pretty soon, I might get on salary and be managing people. I'm becoming less of a failure every single day, and the only reason is because I pursed something that I could give a shit about. You should try it.

On the flip-side why do you think announcing that you still live with your parents is a source of pride?

I'm trying to get back into life since sobering up. About to hit 30 and I've been a worthless NEET for a while. Only recent accomplishment of note is my 100th day sober from drugs and alcohol. Never thought I'd fall into that stupid trap but those things pretty much wasted my 20s. I used to do both to escape or to shorten my life.

I've been thinking about starting drinking. I'm one those old school nerds that never did drugs or alcohol (I'm not sure if the concept exists now), cause I guess was too uptight.

Good for you, I hope we all make it.

It's fine if you have control and can actually be responsible. I have friends that can do that. I have alcoholics on both sides of the family and stupidly thought I'd be fine. I simply can't stop at one drink and would pile pills and other shit on top of that. It's a miracle that I'm not dead after the things I've done.

I wouldn't know where to get drugs from, so I'm safe from that vice. No idea if I'd turn out to be an alcoholic.

If u made it till 28 then u can go on past that. If you're not homeless and a drug addict at 28 then you're not really a failure. Also u got to 28 without forming a social circle so u shouldn't give a fuck about that.

I'm 33, but I have a graduate degree. No real world experience, but I get interviews for stuff. My social phobia kicks into high gear, though, and I never get the job. I've been looking for a job for three years and can't even get a retail position because I have a master's degree and they think I'll quit as soon as I find something else. Or maybe my social phobia kicks in and they think I'm weird.

I've never not lived with my parents, so that may be why. I have three interviews this week, the least paying one pays 35k, the most 65k, if I get one of the higher paying jobs I'm gonna move out after another year of saving up.

I'm gonna try being drunk for these interviews. I'm gonna go to the bar and hammer a half-dozen beers and see if that helps.

It's times like this, (well all the time now), I wish I had joined that fucking anime club all the way back in 2008.

Why did I think it was too uncool for me?

Attached: 1505362525761.jpg (640x640, 59K)

What is your job?

.bump

Anyone else got anything to add?

I'm probably not the worst in this thread (hurray, lucky me) but:

>25
>Have spent 2 years living in a shithole working 9-5 for a failing business that never paid me well
>All my friends live far away
>Had one relationship in my life but never had sex, we tried but I was too nervous about being a virgin and nothing worked
>Kept coming in late and taking sick days, got threatened with disciplinary action
>Got a medical note for anxiety and started taking meds, still threatened with disciplinary action
>Handed my notice in and am moving back to my parents house to find another job
>Still not really over my ex but slowly getting there

>25 turning 26
>have never had a job in my life that paid more than $9/hr
>stuck in art school in a college town
>wash dishes and think about killing myself every time I'm at work
>have never had problems getting girls but once I have them I always think I can do better
>gf is better than me at everything, social life, school, art, very accomplished, feel like she's going to leave me
>can't drive, no car
>have 2 friends in town, 1 I never get to see because he works nights
>cute 18 year old at work wants to fuck me even though I'm a loser, but I can't cheat on my disinterested girlfriend because my conscience is too heavy

I hate my life

This fucking user lol..
Gives good advice.

Attached: 9F4D4245-354B-4EAF-8728-754050A5C7F7.jpg (400x440, 53K)

>Kinda tired of all these kids with time and age on their hands complaining.
What makes you think they won't end up like you?

>Has anyone 25+ with no real social standing, with no relationship experience and a NEET/shut-in wageslave ever made it?

>33
>was khv until 31, then kv until 32, firstgf at 32
>was NEET after college until late 20s, then went to law school
>NEET after law school, but have law degree and law license and am actually trying to get work

You can do it guys.

>person who fell for me
>good full time job
Normie as fuck desu. If you a) are a female, 2) are a male who has ever had a female express interest in him, or c) are making more than $30,000 a year, then you are a normie.

28, virgin, been in and out of college for the past decade, only had 2 real jobs and neither lasted long.
I live in a two bedroom apartment with my dad, he used to be the manager until he had a stroke, property owner hired an agency for managing and made me a caretaker, just clean up around, do little repairs, and chase the occasional tweaker out of the parking lot.
Got one friend who I hang out with, dude is like a big brother, been a positive influence.
Back to my dad: the stroke was from a blood clot in his brain stem, shit was brutal, he made it and is physically independent but I manage his finances and medical stuff. The experience has helped my sense of responsibility so that's one good thing.
I'm in school again, this time studying networking and information security which I'm enjoying.
I don't really do much, just hang out with my dad or friend, take care of school stuff or apartment shit, sometimes go to the gym.
Feel as though I'm just going through the motions, not really wanting anything, sometimes think about relationships, working, getting into different hobbies, but I always find reasons to not pursue anything.

Attached: NotEager.png (603x667, 599K)

turning 25 today. graduated with a engineering degree in mid 2016 and have been working ever since. No friends/spend all my weekend split between dota 2 and applying or jobs or learning python. Not sure why i haven't kms yet. life is so boring

no time in the world will make me not be a manlet anymore

>has IQ high enough to obtain a PhD in STEM
>"life isn't that hard bro! just work harder!"

Attached: 1522301864602.jpg (500x442, 40K)

It's not. It's a completely neutral thing.

But at least it means he's saving more money