Course of life to take?

Is it better to go to school and develop a skill that you can use to work for someone else forever and make more money than minimum wage but not necessarily rich

or

work minimum wage for a small amount of time so that you have enough money to pay cash for a house and car leaving you with minimal expenses so that as long as you make more than about 12-15 dollars an hour you can cover all your bills

or

join the military to slave yourself and travel the world for a short amount of time to receive neetbux later in life, and use the skill you got from military in the civilian world

or

work minimum wage for a short amount of time to pay for starting your own business, which if successful would probably be the most lucrative and freedom inducing option

or

do all of the above in no particular order over the course of 40 years to have maximum earnings but also maximum work

Attached: d301d657b37be8a65ed21f90e923a87cf25b4fd7_00.jpg (300x168, 10K)

>work minimum wage so that you have enough money for a house
Even if you never spent any of your own money that would take >5 years.
>military neetbux
What does this even imply? That you will fake ptsd?
>owning a business freedom inducing
Most business owners work 70 hour work weeks. Though they do make bank.
This post is an hour late so I doubt you are even here but I laughed at buying a house with a minimum wage job.

If you spend 4 years in college studying something with good job prospects you will be able to save enough for a house and to retire much more quickly than if you just worked minimum wage the whole time.

Those are ideas are all shit, go to school or maybe not even school at all and develop a skill or trade that you enjoy and makes you happy and also gets you paid.

People who become plumbers or mechanics, or on the other end of the spectrum, go to uni to study business and commerce are all going to live miserable stressful lives.

I know I'm talking at least 6 year plan here.

and no military gives you money just for being in the military, similar to the amount of a minimum wage job

and by freedom inducing I meant never working for anyone else.

but as for buying a house with a 9 dollar an hour job I did the math actually

for 6 years I could save approximately 80k, if I put down 50% on a house worth up to 150k that's like a 600 dollar a month mortgage maximum, plus 600 dollar a month utilities where I live

that's about 1200 ish a month and a minimum wage job here you would make about 1200 a month, so you would need probably at least a 12-15$ an hour job to live, minimum.

All of the options are low-class routes and seem to be unnecessarily limiting. Why isn't there any room for things like expertise?

Anyway:
- Minimum wage work is mundane
- Military work is for suckers
- Working class businesses waste a lot of time being mismanaged

None of these seem like living. Just pick whatever life style makes you happiest.

Are you accounting for HOA for your area?
I don't know what state or city you are in but it's hard to find houses and condos that don't have HOA in a majority of locations.
Are you also accounting for property tax?
>money just for being in the military
I don't know what country you are from but what you are saying is not the case for US military.
A minimum wage job would also only make $15k a year in the US so you would need to work 10 years to get a house.
I don't think you are accounting for taxes.

I'm not reading your post simply because of the way you formatted it.

>600 mortgage
>600 utilities
>0 for car and car insurance
>0 for food
>0 for gas
>0 for clothes
>0 for healthcare
>0 for furniture
>0 for leasure

well if you make 15-16k a year, 4k ish for taxes then that's 12k a year about,
12000 + 6 is 72000 dollars in 6 years which I put into a mortgage calculator and a house worth 150k with 72000 down is around 600 dollars a month where I am including 1000$ HOA. The actual mortgage itself is like 400, 100 a month to HOA fee if that's how it works according to this calculator. I may be wrong though. property tax is around 100 a month as well so adds up to around 600.

I thought the military gave you neetbux after you serve your term?

yeah exactly that's my point if I make less than like 15 an hour I won't be able to pay for any of the rest of expenses

x not + sorry

The military gives you a pension if you serve long enough to retire. Which is earlier than you normally retire from other jobs, like 40 IIRC.

They give you retirement for 20 years in the military.
You can get disability for any injuries you happen to have such as acid reflux but they will do a medical examination to determine what you qualify for.
Other than that you get free college where you get ~1500 a month while you are in school for 36 months which is equal to a bachelors degree.
You do not get money just because you served in the military for the rest of your life.
I just checked for your mortgage payments and its just under 300 a month so your math sounds solid.

Tell me how you typical day looks like. What time you wake up? What do you do? When you go to sleep...Once you tell me I'll tell you what I think. It's weird how people are always trying to plan 40 years in advance but don't even know what they'll do in 24 hours

Keep in mind that you need to be an E-6 in the military to retire and you can get kicked out for not reaching higher ranks in time.
Lots of people only make it to E-5 and then get kicked out at 15 years because they reached high year tenure.

yea property is ridiculously cheap here, I can buy a pretty nice fucking house for 150k, the only problem would be finding a job at least 15 dollars an hour that's stable without any skills other than previous minimum wage employment. I think I will go the save minimum wage money pay cash for house route and also develop a skill at the same time to hopefully find a job in the new neighborhood with my skill, and I will also have work experience

I was neet as fuck for 3 years and I just got a job recently, haven't started yet. But my day for the next 6 years will be wake up at 6, eat, bathe, dress, work 7- 5, go home, game/study skill, sleep, repeat. probably online college or something.

His point is that you haven't even gotten a job yet or applied for a college and yet you are already thinking about how you are going to spend your money in 10 years.
In reality you are going to get your money and you are going to start spending it because no one can work for 6 straight years with no benefit to the work where they live at home with their parents. Eventually either you will start spending your money or your parents will want you to pay rent.

this is assuming you don't have to pay for anything else in 6 years
>15 an hour
wait so where are you working for minimum wage that has a guaranteed way for you to make >15 an hour?

>will be
Tell me what your day is like right now.

No I'm saying I will need to find a job that pays at least that to live if I bought the house after 6 years

Right now I wake up at like 8 and wait for my manager to tell me when to bring my ss and drivers license so I can start work, then go to bed at like 12

>No I'm saying I will need to find a job that pays at least that to live if I bought the house after 6 years
How are you going to be qualified for said job, simply 6 years of xp at your minimum wage one?

i would have to go to school at the same time, probably online, or just learn how to do something

then just go to school now geez
I'm assuming you live with your parents, take advantage of a rent free situation. go to community college for two years while doing your minimum wage gig, figure out what you want to do, transfer to a 4 year and get your bachelor's.
most of Jow Forums will say college is a meme and to do some sort of trade, but a bachelor's degree almost always guarantees at least a middle-class lifestyle provided you don't get an art degree or something.

I did the minimum wage thing. I am a manager at a pizza place at 27 years old. I make 20/hr + a meager amount of tip moneys. I deal with a bunch of high school kids who fuck each other. I'm typically out of the loop. It's pretty depressing. I live an extremely nice house because I saved my money. And about 50k in savings. I'll do fine in life. But if you can go to school do it. Wageslaving sucks. I'm trying to find a way out. On the bright side I work less than 40 hours a week =D

For a business, think of it this way.
To make $100,000 a year after taxes and cost of whatever business you're running you should try making about $300,000.

$300,000 a year is just $25 a month from 1,000 people.
Now that could mean a subscription thing or it could mean every month you get 1,000 new people willing to pay you $25. It could also mean 10,000 people paying $2.5.

And there are endless things people will pay $25 or $2.5 for, it doesn't need to be a billion dollar company. Just start.

Work min wage to give yourself some capital and go to town.