Vent Thread

For everyone just having a shitty Easter, a shitty day, a shitty month.
I personally am tired of working so damn hard with a thesis, a job and a field of study and seeing the people in my groupchat complain about the most minor fucking things. Working my ass off here with two autoimmune diseases and depression and these shitheads bitch and moan about having to grocery shop while on disability. Fucking cunts. And everyone pats their asses for literally breathing while I keep my mouth shut and my nose on the grindstone because I don't want to burden my friends with my issues.
I wish someone would tell me I'm doing a good job once in a while.

Attached: 253733-So-Tired.jpg (500x334, 38K)

Maybe if you vented in your groupchat people would pat your ass and tell you you're doing a good job too

You're doing a good job, don't be hard on yourself. Btw, most people are scum, don't seek validation from anyone.

Just started the second to last class for this part time degree. Motherfucker is assigning hundreds of pages of reading per week. First week was over 700. One assignment requires another 400 on top of the regular weeks reading.

I'm not doing this shit, he can go fuck himself.

user, I have no doubt that you are indeed doing a most excellent job!

>I miss the sweet, sweet twink ass I was getting off of Craigslist

Attached: 0D173526-2A30-431D-AEE8-826A2C310BA5.jpg (425x283, 44K)

Here's a secret: unless you're actually going to be tested on the readings, you can get away with not doing it. I got through law school having done maybe 20% of the assigned readings

I'm not going to do it. But the program was advertised as hands on, and it has been so far. But now this dude wants to plug academic bullshit and waste time.

Nice. What was your trick and why don't you get it any more?

I'm lonely, I have a part of my brain constantly telling me that nobody really cares about me, while at the same time I know that's not really true. I can't get anybody interested in me romantically because I'm that non-social weirdo who doesn't speak much outside of short, to the point answers to questions and who doesn't have any interests that involve much social interaction, and it fucking sucks.

I have enough self-worth to not shove my issues at people I vaguely know i guess. Just needed to let off a little steam.

How do you deal with being at that weird place of "don't like people very much, but the hardwired need to love and be loved won't go away?" I've been stuck here for awhile, and it's getting more painful by the day.

Some people aren't that social and it's okay by them but you don't seem to like being lonely. Sadly enough you don't get socially graceful by staying in your room and reading how-to guides. Can you join a group or something to kind of "train" yourself to work on your interaction skills? Saying that as a psych user.

If you're in a groupchat, I would imagine you know them quite well. And what are you doing here if you're not shoving your issues at people you vaguely know?

Sucks to hear it, I know, but you need to give people a chance. With some you won't ever click, but you can't let yourself be liked unless you let others like you. I promise you that if you present yourself as nondescriptly friendly and forthcoming (even if that isn't how you 100% feel at the time) people will get a good feeling about you. Also, therapy. Always 100% therapy if you feel you can't cope with something.

No trick, twinks just like Daddies.

Attached: 47CE6D61-6774-4CFB-B7CE-CC2448D8EDA2.jpg (1228x946, 372K)

It's not a lack of social skills, it's just that I'm VERY introverted and most people don't have anything interesting to say. Why bother with anything beyond "Yeah, it is." when you get the millionth "Nice day, isn't it?" of the day?

Obv shoving my issues at people I don't know. Kidding aside, though, I just don't like people complaining about stubbing their toe or "oh no i have to go get the kids AGAIN even though i'm obligated to get them from pre-k every day" shit.

That they do, user. That they do indeed.
Because putting effort into conversations shows people you're actually interested in conversing with them. Shocker, I know. When you reply robotically, people won't approach you because they think you don't want to talk to them. Social skills require a little bit of finagling and pretending smalltalk IS interesting even if you hate it.

Then leave the groupchat. I don't know what you want; it's like this is the Hardship Olympics and you're expecting to win gold at every event but don't want to participate.

So, lie, basically.

>Can you join a group or something to kind of "train" yourself to work on your interaction skills?
I mean, I have a small friend group that I chat with almost daily. Not really anything like that for people in my age-group around here, otherwise. Hanging out at the local college isn't really an option since I've come to honest-to-god hate the students there after two years of cleaning up the bottles of piss they leave lying around.

Happy April fools, and daily reminder that if you’re born in April you’re a fool!