Hello adv

Hello adv

is anyone here from Louisiana?
Long story short i am from Europe and watched TrueDetective. So I entered into a competition where we make project detailing a trip and how it helped with our creative process.

I want to travel to rural Louisiana and talk to locals, and maybe expose a bit of the sex traficcking there. Ofc ive never been there and i presume its going to be very difficult

Could any louisiana anons tell me how to go about this project?

Attached: 1522549173792.jpg (3264x2448, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iswface.org/rescue_of_phantom_victims.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/trv/ and Jow Forums might be able to help

From the Midwest
A lot of times these people put up modeling ads to personal numbers

In any event IRL isn't an RPG; you ask about shit like this and you're liable to have the cops called on you

What made you pick Louisiana of all places? Is it famous for sex trafficking?

I am enamored with Southern Gothic writers as well as the aesthete of the american rural.

Most people write their projects on starving kids in africa or some other cookie cutter bullshit. I want to do mine on something familiar yet so different.

These people speak english, know the law, can travel like any american yet their way of thinking and living is so different.

I think the project could win for being so different and at the same time familiar. Not to mention the aural and visual aesthetics.

the south is racist.
youre enamored with some bullshit american racist fantasy

Thats got nothing to do with why i want to do my project there

Their racism is a symptom of their overall different way of thinking. By being exposed to their environment one gets absorbed by their psychosphere and gets a greater understanding of what it means to be in rural Louisiana

Dont be a brainlet, there is complexity in everything

I'm from Hammond, Louisiana. Lived here for 19 years. Basically any rural areas are anywhere not in the main cities, as most places, but alot of the places you may be trying to find are in the south west part of the state. Even in the southern middle. But I wouldn't ask around to any locals about sex trafficking, for obvious reasons plus they'll have no idea what you're talking about. Try and do as much research as you could online, or even the library. Go through the local news and see what you could pick up.

If OP is still around, go to Detroit/Royal Oak, MI
It borders on Canada so there’s lots of trafficking. Hell on Mainstreet Royal Oak they have warning signs because it happens so much there.

This girl has pretty feet.

Adjust your perceptions. People are people everywhere. I've lived in the Deep South and major liberal cities and you see all kinds in both. In fact some of the most intolerant people ive ever met were in liberal cities.

>their racism is a symptom of their overall way of thinking. By being exposed to their environment on gets absorbed into their psychosphere and get some a greater understanding of what it means to be in rural Louisiana

>don't be a brainlet, their is complexity in everything

You are obviously very young and life has clearly been very kind to you. Or you're roll playing because the statement you made is sort of one that a 'brainlet' would make. If you are real, you're the sort who probably gets high and drunk with your peers and ramble on about meaningless and generally confusing modern philosophical nonsense. Maybe one day you'll understand

If your plan is to go to a city and country you've never been to and interview strangers about sex trafficking, you're in for a rude awakening. You're going to need to make contacts with people in the city who are seriously involved in this, but most who are seriously involved don't really want to discuss the subject matter or make it public in any way shape or form. It's a very serious thing and even if your intents are serious most people don't want to really talk about it or get interviewed/filmed about it

In that case why does anyone bother documenting anyone?

Quit being a pedantic retard. Just cause you got it all figured out (you dont) doesnt mean a person cant make a project.

Im not a brainlet because this is for a masters. The premise is not the fucking execution. This project will be for camer techniques and audio-visual experimentation.

>gee why does Anyone document x people at y place everyones the same anyway

Hi, I'm from Louisiana. I don't live there currently, but I went back recently.

You're in for a reality check if you go there. I don't think you'll the information you're looking for. You're just going to ask people about sex trafficking? How do you think that's supposed to work?
>Oh yeah! The sex trafficking. Sure, buddy. What do you want to know?
Anyway, all you could really do is talk to workers in law enforcement and other fields related to sex trafficking. If they'll even agree to discuss such sensitive information. As for the locals? You won't get shit. As far as my experiences in Louisiana go, people will generally act friendly but they don't act carelessly. You'll get pleasantries, but don't mistake them for not being cautious or predatory. Strangers aren't trusted, especially in rural areas (just came back from one myself). Unless you know people via friends and family, don't expect anything but shallow responses. Louisiana is a state with a lot of poverty and crime. Bad shit happens every single day. People aren't privy to volunteering information to strangers, especially tourists, about themselves or anything. Especially an extremely out of place European. However, if you are French then you may have a better time.

What part are you originally from, user? I'm from Hammond.

A small town near Alexandria.

Oh damn, sweet.

Louisiana has a very unique culture in America, sometimes it feels like another country to me. Be sure you really delve into the local history while you're there. Louisiana was a really big deal culturally in the latter half of the 19th century during the post-civil war exodus and also in the following pre-WW2 era. If you want to trace the history of sex trafficking, then look into New Orleans' famed red light district which existed until 1917.

Attached: lulu white.jpg (831x1802, 389K)

I like the way her panties push up against her labia

Attached: 4F5E5DB6107549D8905CB181711C949C.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

post moar

Sex trafficking is 99% myth. Labor trafficking - domestic live in nanny, maid and such much more. Farm workers, hotel and restaurant workers as well. In all the USA in 2015 there were 734 reported cases of sex trafficking, only 310 confirmed and only 3 minors.iswface.org/rescue_of_phantom_victims.html

You're speaking out of your fucking ass, get fucked.

Youth doesn't have anything to do with analytical abilities.

>Maybe one day you'll understand
holy FUCK bro pull your head out of your ass

it's your responsibility as an older person to try and assist those younger than you, not condescend upon them for being ignorant.

lmao
couch potato literally brain-washed by some tv show
southern gothic is fiction
and you're not going to expose anything, you're a tv series watcher couch potato, you can't expose a 76 year old cheating on his coloring test

Are you sure we're being pedantic? After all, you are asking about going to another country, of which you do not know, after accusing everyone of being racist (which shows your closest dose of southern US cultures is what you read on reddit or any of the bigoted leftie sites) and then, you want to wander around and ask locals about sex trafficking.

Yes, we're being pedantic. It's not you being an idiot. Totally our fault.

>masters
>smart

pick one.

Sup yurotrash most of the people who do this around here are mothers and fathers selling their daughters to buy meth. These people, and the cult people you fantasize about that probably don't even exist, are likely to take you out into the swamp, shoot you, and bury you. I don't know what type of insight you expect from a bunch of meth heads but I hope your little safari goes well. Don't expect the girls to very enthusiastic about your competition either.

>hurr durr why does anyone do anything evurr hurr

>maybe expose a bit of the sex traficcking there

Should we screencap this thread and send it to the Louisiana State Police when OP is inevitably murdered by swamp people and left in a barrel in the bayou?

I've been to the South many times. I've walked down areas and neighborhoods decorated with Confederate memorbilia. I've been treated with more compassion there than from any person from the North and I live in the North.

these