Catholic Vs. Orthodoxy

Alright Jow Forums it's time for the great debate. Sell me on either Catholicism or Orthodoxy. I'm going to be joining a church soon and can't decide. Which one is more based?

>inb4 pagan screeching

Attached: Christianity.jpg (304x166, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3TvlcVUzo
youtube.com/watch?v=uKcXTYWh2F0&t=11s
youtu.be/OYg5D6gpe98
youtube.com/watch?v=lobp9AhaVG0
youtube.com/watch?v=P3hprH0oc_I
orthodoxwiki.org/Aerial_Toll-Houses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jesus started one church. The rest are fucking memes

Either move to easteren europe or pick none im pretty sure all churches in usa are cucked

Neither of those are Christians.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3TvlcVUzo

Attached: Genesis-Chapter-1.jpg (660x1011, 158K)

Do you want the pedo/homo atheist church, or the Church of Christ unchanged for 2000 years? It's really not that hard.

fpbp

Once Saved Always Saved is so flawed, it preaches you can murder people without repenting and still go to heaven.

>Sell me
You'll be more comfortable with judaism or paganism

there's a Serbian Orthodox church near me. Would they think it's weird for a non-slav to start showing up?

This.

Attached: orthodox_christian_timeline.jpg (1600x1114, 204K)

I don't give a fuck about the goofy ass protestants. Your communities are shit-tier too philo-semitic for my taste.

wrong, Greek. If I were a Jew, it would be "sell you". Jews don't buy.

AFAIK all Orthodox Churches in the US hold their sermons in English, so they won't care.

They probably wont mind

Eh, not true. There's a ROCOR near me and nothing is in English in their services.

>protestants continue to splinter to thousands of groups
Jesus we should have just stayed with lutheranism. Those modern movements are disgusting

Attached: 1522817677138.png (900x1042, 90K)

Orthodoxy. Take the Jay Dyer pill.

>Once Saved Always Saved is so flawed

It's what Jesus taught.

John 5:24
>Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:35-37
>And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
>But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
>All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 11:25-26
>Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
>And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
You: "No"

The Gospel of John is the only book in the entire Bible that's written for unsaved people for the express purpose of telling them how to go to Heaven, and the word "repent" occurs ZERO times in the entire Gospel. Meanwhile we have "believe" almost 100 times.

John 20:31
>But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Attached: part-of-a-series-on-Baptists.jpg (503x503, 53K)

Worse than that, it also implies that there are people who think that they're saved right now, but if they are destined to someday fall away, this implies that they were never really saved to begin with.

Protestantism is heresy, plain and simple

Your transactional attitute towards faith shows that you're not ready for Christianity anyway so it would be a waste of time to convert now. Judaism and paganism offer what you are looking for.

>it's time for the great debate
What makes you think it's the right time?

Both are acceptable as long as you can cope with the pope and other leftist infiltration. If your heritage is with one over the other, I'd go with that.

/thread

Every one that is truly Christian realizes they are both valid and both suffer problems related to politics

Attached: 1542862602648.jpg (650x650, 171K)

>proceeds to spam versicles without context proving sola scriptura is a meme
Why do protestants do this?

>offer what you are looking for
what am I looking for?

You can't unbust the dam. Luther probably didn't realize it, but he laid the groundwork for all modern heresies.

>Orthodox Church
>Allows straight up divorce and remarriage
>Unchanged

Yeah okay man. The supremacy of the Roman pontiff is a doctrine that has existed since Saint Peter. We see evidence of it in the works of church fathers, and accounts of people willing to accept the pope's ability to settle theological disputes despite having made sacrifice to idols when imprisoned in the days of the Roman Empire.

This
Catholicism absorbed a lot of the actual european pagan culture it replaced into itself, protestants stripped that from it into their insane variety of memes.

Don't go to Church. Read the Bible instead. All modern Churches are a joke

Right. The Catholic Church.

Attached: popeseries.jpg (1360x910, 141K)

>what makes you think it's the right time?
At the apex of modernity and degeneracy seeking spiritual guidance seems appropriate, Russiabro.

>Read the Bible instead
The bible on its own does not tell the full story. We cannot arrogantly pretend that we today are smarter and wiser than 2000 years of church fathers, doctors, and traditions. Jesus said that he would build his Church upon the foundations of Peter, and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Any notion of a great apostacy is heretical.

Once your nation is truly consecrated to the immaculate heart of Mary as she requested it be at Fatima in 1917, the world is going to see some amazing things from God.

Catholics have the best art and a more sound doctrine of the Trinity. Orthodox are more based and redpilled and still possess the mystique and mystery of the ancient Church. I personally do not subscribe to any particular faction or denomination, as they only differ on details that are secondary in importance. The main thing is to believe in Christ.

Show me where in the Bible God ordains Peter as Roman pontiff. In fact, show me even a mention of him being in Rome. There is none. Your doctrine is entirely unbiblical. Jehoshua is the head of the Church, anyone else who steals his place is by definition an anti-Christ.

In fact, the Papacy matches verse by verse the Prophet Daniel's description of the fourth beast. The Papacy has no connection at all to Simon Kaifas, but only to that wicked Simon the Sorcerer and the Pontifex Maximum of the pagan jupiter cult.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKcXTYWh2F0&t=11s

Attached: 1522436490399m.jpg (768x1024, 215K)

God reveals scripture to man, not our own wisdom. Thanks to God's help we can learn a lot and what I have learnt is disturbing. Almost everything we learn in Church is false.

You want to be white or a subhuman?

Attached: Orthodoxy.jpg (1608x4704, 2.58M)

Just pick congregation that works for you, don't sweat the small details. As long as there are no female priests and homosexual weddings you're good.

t. orthodox

>Any notion of a great apostacy is heretical.
This is what I mean. You follow the doctrines of men. What Jesus actually said was:

>Matthew 7
>13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
>14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Attached: 1523445238492.jpg (736x593, 122K)

Here's the bottom line user, the Orthodox Churches have been in error (schism) since 1054 when they broke away from the authority of the Roman Catholic Church, here's the real doozy now though, the mainstream Catholic Church is also now in error since the heretical Vatican Council 2 in the early 1960's.
The True Church of Christ does live on though, go here:
>www.salvemariaregina.info
Also develop devotion to The Virgin Mary, She will guide to to the truth and salvation without fail

Attached: 1542740049721s.jpg (250x135, 6K)

>judging a faith by its demographics

the entire point of truth is that it's truth for everyone - truth is by its very definition universal, which means that it must posit a social order that is universally applicable and includes all nations and peoples (unless it excludes groups which would be nonsensical in the case of a God that caused man to come about)

>catholicism or orthodoxy

How about neither? Both are cucked and don't follow biblical teachings.

>Show me where in the Bible God ordains Peter as Roman pontiff
Matthew 16:17-19

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

That is where Jesus UNDENIABLY ordains Peter as the first pope in a three part blessing. There is NO other interpretation that makes sense. Of course he had not yet been to Rome, so there is no mention of Rome, however we know historically that Peter did indeed travel to Rome, and that he was martyred there in the times of Nero. We do not need to bible to outright say something to know, based on historical evidence and church tradition, that it is true. Of course Christ is the head of the Church, but the Roman Pontiff is merely is Vicar of Christ on earth.

The prophet Daniel was speaking of the pagan Roman Empire, not the papacy.

Not watching an hour and a half heretic presentation right now, sorry.

>God reveals scripture to man, not our own wisdom
>what I have learnt is disturbing. Almost everything we learn in Church is false
Right, so our own wisdom isn't enough, however by your own wisdom you've interpreted scripture to mean that our current church is corrupt?? How's that work exactly?
You are half right
There is a way that seems right to man, but its end it the way of death (Proverbs 14:12)
The Church that Christ established (The Catholic Church) still has the authority to bind and loose, and Jesus explicitly says so. Many left Christ because they believed the doctrine of the Eucharist to be a "Hard saying" (John 6) Likewise, you today are turning your back on the one true church because you dislike the hard sayings. Repent, and accept the true body and blood of Our Lord!

This. Anything with humans involved will suffer from some degree of corruption, no matter how holy.

>That is where Jesus UNDENIABLY ordains Peter as the first pope in a three part blessing. There is NO other interpretation that makes sense.

>being this brainlet

typical catholic.

Based

>completely ignores scripture
>calls him a brainlet
Why are prots like this

Attached: 24177482-A1C4-4B60-9822-7188F94BC707.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

You Sedes have your heads up your asses. It has been foretold by Our Lady of Good Success, Our Lady of La Salette, Our Lady of Akita and Our Lady of Fatima as to what the state of the Church is going to be. The COVS itself is not heretical, but it is when the Satanic elements began to really take hold of the seat of Peter.

Now to my point: what makes YOU part of this select few "real" catholics? By reason and faith? Because your "real church" is nothing outside of this.

You believe that there was an apostacy at some point and the true faith was corrupted I presume. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but that is heresy. You need to repent of it man. Protestant arrogance is tempting, but you cannot honestly think you are smarter than 2000 years of church tradition when it comes to interpreting the bible.

As far as the scripture you quoted, yes, it is true that most will not make it. But how can that be when all you need is "Faif alone!"

Both are garbage christcuckery is garbage. Get up off your knees in front of a jew. Get up white man!

This.

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Is this the guy your church is built on?

Attached: 6504842-6416939-image-m-40_1542868720464.jpg (295x368, 77K)

>makes shit up
>uses context meme against other christcucks
Fucking kek

Lmao. I tried this. As I find orthodox churches based as fuck. Especially the ceremonies and chants. Didn't understand stand though, felt better than going to a Catholcuck church though filled with transgender lesbian preacher spewing about poor niggers, while the Orthodox church talking about Jews. Fucking le based. Also Qt orthodox women coming in looking all conservative and in hijabs. Fucking loved it. Le based. Upboated on le Reddit.

Attached: orthodox-women.jpg (640x426, 285K)

It's a three part refrain in which Jesus gives Peter 3 degrees of blessing. What other non-brainlet interpretation is there? What do the keys represent to you? What is the "Petros: (Peter/Rock)? What do "bind" and "loosed" mean?

Isaiah 22 already establishes keys as a symbol of priestly authority, this has been well established.

Attached: Baptism_of_christ.jpg (300x504, 62K)

Funny how this image is basically saying annoying as fuck fedoras have become annoying as fuck christcuck

Catholics always attempt to validate the Papacy, rarely ever the faith itself, unfortunately.

Your experience is what leads me towards Orthodoxy. That and their hymns are fucking awesome.

>Peter was a sinner just like everyone who was too concerned at times with worldly things
>Totally NULLIFIES the other part where he gives him authority HAH!

>Is this the guy your church is built on?
Yes. He's the guy the ONLY church is built on

I'd say Wotanism is the way to go, but if you're truly insistent on becoming Christian go with Orthodoxy. Catholicism is cucked to the core, despite what the extreme minority of Radical Sedevacantist Traditionalists will try their damndest to convince you.

Attached: gar.jpg (194x191, 5K)

I love Orthodoxy, just wish they didn't add in all sorts of wacky ideas about death and salvation
>salvation is earned by one's ability to bribe demons into not holding your sins against you
>the journey to heaven takes 40 days, during which, at any point, demons can abduct you and drag you into hell for eternity
>even sincere Orthodox Christians could end up in hell due to not being able to pay off demons

>Be born before Jesus is born, instant hell
>be born before your country is preached to, instant hell
>b-but Jesus saved those in hell.
>No he didn't, they had worshipped other gods
>all of them horrible idolaters

These people are just looking for "traditionalist social club", they don't care about the truth or, you know, what Jesus actually taught.

99% of the Catholics/OrthoLARPs on here will be in /pagan/ generals within a year after they realized how "cucked" or "bluepilled" Christianity is and then at the drop of a hat immediately immediately start trashing Christianity and Jesus and calling him a "kike on a stick".

Just look at posts like
>Catholicism absorbed a lot of the actual european pagan culture it replaced into itself, protestants stripped that from it into their insane variety of memes.

In other words, Catholicism is great because it's the least Christian denomination! Catholic evangelists on Jow Forums literally use it's pagan practices as a selling point, and what's amazing is this actually works because the kinds of people who "convert" to Catholicism don't have the slightest interest in worshiping God in spirit and in truth, they choose denominations with the same flippancy of choosing ice cream flavors based on however they feel it best suits them.

Attached: 1522373248645.png (666x328, 19K)

Le based

youtu.be/OYg5D6gpe98

Attached: 203035.p.jpg (550x514, 88K)

where did you get that from?

We valide them both, hence why the Church was created by Christ himself my friend. History of Protestantism literally only exists from the XV century onwards. Protestants has to destroy 15 centuries of history and tradition to get their point valid
That's because you never went to Latin Mass m8
youtube.com/watch?v=lobp9AhaVG0

Attached: 1542689032056.jpg (960x960, 268K)

Protestantism is even worse, however the Catholics were already deep in Hersey, centuries before the reformation.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. --Well, thats Jesus.
Where does Pete fit into this?

Attached: 1542560515326.jpg (671x960, 79K)

Catholic being heresy =/= Church being corrupt
my friend

The priest at the Ortho church I was visiting, he said it has been an orthodox belief since the 3rd century
Check out Lev Puhalo, an orthodox teacher who spoke out against this heresy, pointing out that it's incompatible with scripture, who essentially got served a cease and desist with the threat of excommunication if he continued to preach against it

>Where does Pete fit into this?
The pope isn't God. I really don't know how this is so hard for protestants to understand.

Nah, that's just proof that it allowed evil to prevail over the Church.

youtube.com/watch?v=P3hprH0oc_I

Are you sure you are Catholic?

Pope Innocent III (1198-1216) wrote: “We may according to the fullness of our power, dispose of the law and dispense above the law. Those whom the Pope of Rome doth separate, it is not a man that separates them but God. For the Pope holdeth place on earth, not simply of a man but of the true God.” (1 Book of Gregory 9 Decret. c. 3)

Attached: 220px-Innozenz3.jpg (220x277, 33K)

So? The Church being corrupt means that the Sacraments are invalid and that all believers are wrong? That is your argument my friend

>That is your argument my friend
You watched a 45min video in 2min? Impressive.

>where did you get that from?
orthodoxwiki.org/Aerial_Toll-Houses

These people aren't just a little off, anyone who believes this garbage is a heretic. Not that Catholics are better, they're fond of making up doctrines too.

Attached: Salvation Crystal Clear.jpg (314x474, 25K)

>Nah, that's just proof that it allowed evil to prevail over the Church.
No I refuted this line my friend.

Doctrines =/= Sacraments
They are the same since day 1 of the Church

I remember when a little bit of corruption was enough, now you can pretty much drink satans semen instead of the blood of christ and you're still saved

Attached: 11bvm0.jpg (468x301, 41K)

Based brown brother

Attached: Nuns_Having_Fun.jpg (1200x960, 117K)

swiss flag

checks out

Attached: russiacucked.jpg (1200x1614, 785K)

Attached: the origin of christianity.png (1011x611, 52K)

Both lead to hell. Pick whichever same difference.

nice try at D&C , kike

Attached: russiacucked2.png (671x645, 173K)

Attached: russiacucked3.jpg (878x410, 52K)

tldr

Attached: 1540674323270.png (498x910, 394K)

Attached: russiacucked4.png (1624x1592, 2.18M)

t. believes in Salvation through Faith Alone

Attached: orthodoxbtfo.jpg (1200x1187, 334K)

Attached: greececucked.jpg (656x542, 83K)

Amen. Both teach an unambiguous works salvation.

Attached: chick tract - this was your life.jpg (283x301, 41K)

take your russophile and russocentric fat arses to israel

Unlike literally every other religion on earth.

Okay dude, even in that obscure quote (probably taken clean out of context) it's pretty clear that he's saying the Pope wields the authority of God to decide theological matters when he declares he is doing so. This is how Papal infallibility ahs always been understood. It happens less often than you think, Pope Francis hasn't even done it once.

We don't worship the Pope, we worship the One, true God. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God knows what we're doing

Answered 100 times before, but let's go over it again. If you're born into the Orthodoxy that's fine, yoy're still in communion with the RCC. If you're converting in adulthood then you must join the RCC, no joining Orthodox church if you weren't born into it. Also converting from Orthodox to RCC is allowed, other way is not.

stop shilling against other christians you faggot, you have several thousand rapists in cath not 5-6 you mustered for orth, and the pope kisses niggerfeet, put a sockin it already if you gon kike Jesus Christ - irish hate of russia is irrational , i've seen it in eirepol

bunch of lies