Why the fuck do I hate work so much

Let me start off by saying I know I already sound like w whiney, entitled fuck. Hell I feel one just for feeling this way. But I'm always just super fucking bummed out at work. This goes beyond mom's sharing "lol i hate my job" minions memes on facebook, it seems like just being at work is enough to make me super fucking depressed (I have struggled with major depression/anxiety issues as long as I can remember).

I do my best not to let this get in my way of going into work however. I worked a fast food job for 5 years with a near perfect attendance record, despite how often id wake up for work, hoping for some freak accident to prevent me from coming in. I've been working at a warehouse for about a month now, and it's a decent enough job. The work is easy, I'm forming good relationships with the people I work with, however I'm still suffering with the exact same issues I've suffered with in my last job, and even throughout highschool.

The issue is, thoughts of how much id rather be at home with my gf/chilling with my roommate/my friends/my family/w.e. I try to use things like "ok when works over I'm gonna go home, my gf, roomie and I are gonna chill and watch a funny movie" as motivation, but it often backfires and makes it harder to get through the day because i want it to be over that much more. Sometimes using "this is a means to support myself" helps, but it can also form this big looming "Im gonna have to work and be miserable everyday for at least 40 more years"

continued

Attached: fa9502bac0f53b5a7e5de10b509cd195.jpg (500x390, 26K)

I don't understand whats confusion you.
You get payed to work because nobody in their right mind would do it for free. Because it sucks.

Not him, but is such wage worth wasting 1/3 of your life?

You have a damaged reward system, but idk how to fix that. Do some research on it

Do you know any other alternative than being hobo? Cause i dont and lets be honest: being hobo is worse than job because you are 24/7 hobo while only 9/5 employed.

Even in highschool and college (which i dropped out of) I'd often procrastinate because I couldn't help but prioritize time with close friends (and video games too) over my schoolwork, and when I tried to work my head would still be plauged with all those thoughts of all the other things I wanted to be doing.

At my fast food job this issue did lessen for a few years. My co-workers felt more like good friends, we always had lots of fun on our shifts, My manager was really great too (which is actually super rare for a fast food job). But even after the job became more habit for me, there'd still be lots of times where i'd get caught up in those same mindsets and just want the day to be over to be with those closest to me again.

And I don't think I just "haven't found a job i like" either. Seems like no matter what I do I'm gonna feel the same way. I think the only way Id really be happy working is if I found a way to work from home, but obviously I'm not self motivated enough to start my own business/be self employeed in anyway, so there's a pretty big dead end there.

I feel absolutely pathetic typing this up. I'm coming off like a fucking toddler who can't be away from mommy and his friends without crying, but enoughs enough and it's time i fucking deal with all these negative feelings about work. I recognize for a while I'm gonna have to just suffer through these shitty feelings until I can get better and I'm prepared to do that (I've been doing it for years already). But I really need help with this, I don't wanna spend the next 40-50 years of my life spending half the day wanting to die

Attached: HUkcZGi.jpg (1164x752, 95K)

waste a third of your life being miserable af, be homeless, be neet or suicide.

These are your 4 choices. Its really sad that this is most people's lives desu.

Working less an being frugal?
Thing is there rarely are any part-time jobs.

Trying too, but all i can really find is parenting tips for "reward systems"

>be neet
This is kinda what op (and many others want), but you cant kinda be neet without savings or leeching off your parents / so, can you?

when I was job hunting about a month ago, I could've taken part time jobs at grocery stores or other fast food restaurants but there's no way id be able to support myself on that.

I clearly have some bad attitudes and mindsets that need to be worked on, but they feel so automatic, like I'm just "inherently lazy" and I don't really know what to do about that.

OP here, it is comforting to know that if i ever have a complete mental fucking breakdown and can't work anymore, my parents house is always there for me to recover.

But as much as I miss how warm and cozy living at home could feel, it's something id really rather avoid, which is why I really need to figure this shit out.

Well, guess there is no part-time banker jobs or something like that.
Shit sucks.

doubtful.

My mom works at a bank and she says now-a-days they want you to have some kind of college degree just to be a teller.

anyways, should i just kill myself because there seems to be no real way of making things better

Get good at something people are willing to pay for, cut off the middleman.

After a lot of soul-searching I realized my parents never taught me discipline, I never helped with house chores, I could not do my homework and nobody gave a fuck, even when told to clean my room I'd just ignore the command until my grandma got tired of the mess and cleaned it for me.

Might be your case OP, as others anons have said jobs suck but you are supossed to have the discipline to deal with it.

Yeah I guess this goes back to the work from home thing. I'm not really good at anything so it'll probably be a long process.

I think I gotta work on just my all around laziness, but that seems like I tall order in itself

Well despite being miserable I still go into work everyday. And hopefully I'll be able to deal with these feelings enough to continue. I guess I'm just looking for ways to feel more ok with working, because i don't like feeling this way 8 hours out of the day y'know

You hate your job because you're being forced to work. No amount of motivational speeches can prep you for renting yourself out to some sociopath who just wants to become rich off your labor. What fulfillment do you get doing physically demanding tasks that a machine can do? What fulfillment do you get from taking orders from some asshole who can't think his way out of a paper bag but is barking orders at you? You tolerate this only to make just enough to survive.

I mean it's so transparent as to what's going on. You're not motivated by your own desire to work. No sane person aspires to be the best cashier at their local gas station, keep inventory at a busy factory, or sift through documents all night. You're only motivated by the guillotine of poverty and death. If you don't pick yourself up by the boot straps, you're mocked and socially isolated. Even if the people recognize this blatant flaw in the system, they won't do anything about it. They can barely afford to pay their rent, why would they organize and fight for fair labor laws and reform our work culture? It's really a genius system we have if you think about it.

Why do you not enjoy a cushy warehouse job?
t. Sitting in a warehouse in front of a laptop playing war thunder

It's great, the only (ONLY) downside is waking up early. Most people would go to bed early for that, but I don't like doing that, so I don't and just sleep in on Sundays lel. I show up, do a little scanning, go grab a coffee, put on the headphones and listen to upbeat jpop with cute vocalists, put some parts away, go sit on the toilet for 45 minutes, come back, maybe do something, shoot the shit with coworkers, fire up the laptop and bang out a few matches (which go poorly because 8 year old budget thinkpad on mobile data but eh), go upstairs for lunch and either eat tasty leftovers or a hot grilled deli sandwich, go sleep in my truck for the rest of the hour, come back, maybe do something, maybe put away a part that doesn't have a home yet, go back to playing war thunder, fill out the paper for sending back the empty containers, and leave. I love it and i dont ever wanna quit, and when I take over the next position up from the guy who's about to retire I'll be making enough money to start a family but right now it's just fucking easy street.

What's not to like?

I work 4pm til midnight (it's pretty great always getting enough sleep desu).

I stack boxes on skids all day. It's easy work, but the whole day just seems like a countdown til the welcome home hug I get from my girlfriend when I get home. And I get so many negative thoughts in my head throughout the day its unbearable.

>but the whole day just seems like a countdown til the welcome home hug I get from my girlfriend when I get home. And I get so many negative thoughts in my head throughout the day its unbearable.
Other user here, I have the same, minus the girlfriend part.
My job I'm starting is about to get busy and I'm scared of fucking up big time and having to pay for it. For now I don't care more or less about employment, but still it feels like a chore. Maybe I will get used to it, maybe not.

Well that sounds like it kind of sucks, I never have to count down more than a few minutes to the next thing. Are you listening to music? I literally never listened to music while working until I got this job, now I'm never without my headphones. It's super distracting and it works wonders to take my mind off of work and keep me from phoneposting so much that I don't get anything done. You should try eating a better lunch and phoneposting more, make sure you're never looking forward to something more than two hours ahead. Counting down to quitting time from the moment you show up is a recipe for dissapointment.

Not OP but in my own job looking employers always want such perfect extroverts with multiple years of experience and are just so god damn perfect in other ways too that it's such a downer that nobody really wants "you" or to give "you" that chance to be something.

Not allowed to have headphones in while we're working. I knew there was someone who did and was super sneaky about it, but I feel like I'd be too worried about getting caught to enjoy it.

You're right thinking about hometime my entire shift is a surefire way to have a shit day. But it feels so automatic. I guess I could try and focus on getting to lunch, then to break, then home. but honestly, lunch an break feel like such..... unsatisfying rewards. Especially considering I'm not always the most social person on breaks.

Industrial warehouses fucking suck. I work 60 hours a week at a steel warehouse. The pay is decent enough, but I work with annoying spics who constantly yell and scream in Spanish, I'm on my feet 12 hours a day in the freezing cold, I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn, and by the time I get home, I only have 4 hours left in the day. 4 hours to do the shit I need to do, cook dinner, run errands, clean the house, etc. I'm exhausted, I really don't feel like seeing friends or doing anything when I get home.

That's because your food isn't hot and tasty enough and you don't spend the remainder napping.

this

OP i'm with you I have this fat ugly coworker who stares at me every day and constantly sings and whistles. attention and approval seeking with no end yet

wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't repulsive to every sense including smell

it's so gross, being looked at through those piggy eyes encased in fat
>BMI of 18 here
>Yes he's told me his height and weight (6'1, 230 lb, BMI 30) i do not seek conversation with this chunk of obesity. its like he has selective mental retardation and can't stop running his mouth at me no matter how much i grimace in disgust

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww so glad tomorrows friday. can't wait to be done with college so i can leave the "farm"

correct