Name an ancestor you have that has contributed to Western Civilization (or any cizilization, really) and explain why?

Name an ancestor you have that has contributed to Western Civilization (or any cizilization, really) and explain why?

My ancestry shows I am descended fron . Alfred the Great, the first great Christian king of England (then divided) who repelled the Vikings and actually made an English country possible. England today would literally not exist without him.

You?

Attached: 1_tET0wq01FXqUGbBPlc-xzA.jpg (2000x1333, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysostomos_of_Smyrna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Bean
theguardian.com/science/commentisfree/2015/may/24/business-genetic-ancestry-charlemagne-adam-rutherford
familytreedna.com/groups/mac-gregor/about/background
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Zheng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Mo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Nahum_Stencl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't care about my ancestors just like I don't care about my family.

Every Anglo is decended from Alfred bud

oldfag here.
my great grandfather fought the moslems in the philippines.

Myself

Attached: 3547654576867.png (1448x1892, 635K)

Not really, I did the math. There are like 200,000 or something that are. That's a lot, but not "every".

The closest historical relative I have is actually the guy that shot Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, he's less romantic to mention, even though Hamilton was a dick who asked for it.

Brev, Alfred is such a fuckin' low T shit, I hate him.

>Brev, Alfred is such a fuckin' low T shit, I hate him.
He is based. He is ten times smarter than anyone else in the room. He doesn't need to be high-T, he plays everyone like a fiddle and gets the Chads to go fight for him.

A few years ago I traced my father's side of the family only to find out I had someone in the Bulgarian branch of the communist party. JUST

Lmao, he literally raised two degenerates. A loose daughter bred for DANE COCK and a slut-kissin' son. Proof in the pudding.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysostomos_of_Smyrna

Fred Hollows, Fred Hollows Foundation.

Cyrus the Great invented democracy

Please don't talk about Edward the Elder like that.

I don't know who my ancestors are because I'm not dumb enough to take one of (((their))) DNA tests

>dads side
Charlemange.
>moms side
Daniel Boone.

Attached: 1540509377832.gif (484x305, 1.12M)

I'm related to nobody famous. I stand alone.

Good job contributing to the downfall, jackass.

How the hell does your ancestry show you're descended from a man who lived 1200 years ago? Americans are always making up shit like this.

I am a direct descendant of John Wilkes Booth.

I am related to Bodo Otto on my mother's side. My father's side was Mennonite, so we've been farmers since before PA was a state. Our farm deed has William Penn's name on it

Because if you can trace your ancestry back to certain people, you can trace your lineage back a hell of a lot further.

t. related to Rob Roy

thank you for your service

I'm related to Hitler and Il Duce

inb4 ASIO black vans me after this post

and since I can trace my ancestry back to Rob Roy, then I an also tenuously trace my ancestry back to Griogair, son of Dungal co-ruler of Alba.

Judge Roy Bean
My Great-Great-Grand Pappy
His Wikipedia reads like a Jow Forums thread.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Bean

Some Highlights
>Dueled
>Survived hanging
>Became judge
>One of his first acts as a justice of the peace was to "shoot [...] up the saloon shack of a Jewish competitor"
>Bean ruled that "homicide was the killing of a human being; however, he could find no law against killing a Chinaman" dismissing the case.

Attached: Phantly_Roy_Bean,_Jr._.jpg (680x390, 54K)

Nice. My dad's family has been living in New England since before America was a thing. Someone way back got a land grant from the queen in what is now Connecticut.

Also church records are great - they kept track of all the marriages, births and deaths in the area.

I don't really care, but this show is based af and actually really well done and interesting

Hello puritan. That's pretty cool user, I've always liked New England, except for its politics of course.

>survived hanging? how?

Ah wait, puritans were Massachusetts

Held his breath

I call bullshit.

>n 1854 Bean courted a young woman who was subsequently kidnapped and forced to marry a Mexican officer. Bean challenged the groom to a duel and killed him. Six of the dead man's friends put Bean on a horse and tied a noose around his neck leaving him to hang when the horse moved. When he was hanged the rope stretched, and Bean was able to stay alive.[5] The bride, who had been hiding behind a tree, cut the rope, freeing him and saving his life. This experience left Bean with a permanent rope burn and a stiff neck for the rest of his life.

My Ancestor fought for William the Conqueror.

I am a direct descendant of Charlemagne. My ancestor is the only reason why Europe was white and catholic until now.

Vigo the Carpathian.

Yup, show is 'The Last Kingdom', is on netflix.

Very interesting historically.

Nothing really notable, but my Mormon pioneer ancestors were engineers who turned the Salt Lake Valley from a desert wasteland into something lush, green, and habitable.

One guy built the reservoirs that collect mountain snow melt.

>kills groom
>bride saves his life
Jesus, women have always been disloyal

My ancestor was don suero de quiñones, he was the main carachter of the "gesta del paso honroso" wich would become a book later, being one of the inspiration of don quijote debla mancha, also another branch of the family have the surname "cabeza vaca" who were the ones who helped win the battle of navas de tolosa swiching the sides of the reconquista in iberia

Flemming Cobbs, ran around with Daniel Boon in Appalachia, drove the natives out for white settlers and basically founded West Virginia. The state still tracks his family all the way to my father in their history books

Wait I read that horribly wrong, carry on

The American Moses

Attached: brigham_young.jpg (300x402, 27K)

I'm a member of a Boston Brahmin family.

Probably someone called Niels. I guess he was a farmer

im a descendant of lord jesus christ he is my father

I'm descended from Robert the Bruce

You must be old, are you a boomer?

its almost like you didnt read the whole thing you dumb retard

My great great grandfather came up with the idea to put "Under God" into the pledge of allegiance. He was an Irish Catholic living in South Dakota (I think)

What was his name?

My dad and my grandpa

Attached: 04685EB6-95D6-4DAC-9869-25A89BEB3EF9.jpg (711x633, 77K)

My farher’s Side is directly related to Napoleon.

i actually have it certified, but this is the internet so im probably full of shit. but that doesn't matter, because the english will just say the family were cattle theives hence why they went the the Americas.

im a descendant of lord jesus christ he is my father

Attila the Hun

>Alfred the Great
>Charlemange
>Napoleon
>Attila
suuuuuuuuuuuure

Nigger lover.

all it takes is one person who has a rather large progeny in their line to have a huge number of descendants.

>My ancestry shows I am descended fron

You and literally 50,000 other people.

Peter McIntyre. He's not in history books or anything but I've looked into it and the family legend is consistent with what's written about it.

>Charlemange
Every white european is related to Charlemagne

this. OP is a fucking idiot. Everyone with ANY descendants for the british isles is related to Alfred the Great

Certified by some bogus genealogist no doubt. The English don't give a flying fuck and if you went into a pub there and said you were descended from Alfred the great they'd be sniggering and scoffing at you.

Someone claims to be related to Attila the Hun, who raped and pillaged.
>suuuuuuuuuuuuure
go away Alexandria

>England today would literally not exist without him.
also wouldn't exist without wholesale slaughter and rape by the french lmao

I might be related to Ponce de Leon

theguardian.com/science/commentisfree/2015/may/24/business-genetic-ancestry-charlemagne-adam-rutherford

EVERYONE IN EUROPE IS RELATED

These people lived so long ago they have thousands, if not millions, of descendants.

Just like how Adam and Eve are all of our ancestors'. Their super famous too, but we are all descended from them.

Among my ancestors was Shabtai Tzvi, and several other local Sabbateans prophets.

which is why when I went I said nothing of the sort, because I am well aware of how many people there are that can lay such a claim.

Did you get this info on fancy thick paper with some made up crest of your people... did you watch an infomercial and get succer d into this scam of trace back your ancestors. God can’t make people this dumb.

I didn’t believe it until I saw the genealogy chart. It explains so much. Nearly everyone on my father’s side has a genius IQ or is gifted in some way. I have amazing talent in the performing arts. Am minorly famous myself.

Not Abram Petrovich Gannibal, or Alexander Pushkin?

My great uncle Adolph. I understand the guy could really whip up a crowd with his oratory skills.

Attached: 1508214282982.png (627x782, 688K)

That must be a miserable fucking shame. Id probably kill myself if my ancestors were such garbage tier retards cast away and cursed by God

>one of the greatest and most ancient baronial families of Normandy, which was also seated in England, but which is too well known to need details.
>Are also established in the neighbouring counties of Beds and Herts: but Bucks has long been the principal home of the name. Was the name of a powerful titled Bucks family that flourished during the 12th and 13th centuries.

Attached: d88[1].png (499x280, 164K)

>Just like how Adam and Eve are all of our ancestors

>Nearly everyone on my father’s side has a genius IQ
So solve this genius level problem for us and show your work.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 11.56.42 PM.png (1230x894, 120K)

but anyhow, being a certified member of the clan means nothing anyway even theough it was confirmed via DNA testing the genology drew the connection.
familytreedna.com/groups/mac-gregor/about/background

But I am not guilty of who I was born , I almost don't communicate with my Denme relatives

Apparently I'm related to Captain Henry Morgan.

Attached: IMG_2203.jpg (220x293, 45K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Zheng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Mo

based as fuck chancellor

Attached: 1538945050692.jpg (278x363, 36K)

No thanks, I’m not your monkey. You have to prove your worth.

I can't even go back past the 1850s. Just German farmers, starving Irish and french peasants.

>Alfred the Great, the first great Christian king of England
More like Alfred the Okay, amirite?

The only remotely historically relevant person I'm directly related to is some faggot merchant from Poland.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Nahum_Stencl

One of my uncles helped designe the life support system for the iss

Kike

You are an idiot. Think of how exponential your ancestry is, if you go back about 10 generations you're practically related to everyone at that age in the nation.

Attached: fuk u.jpg (316x277, 14K)

William Wallace. REEEEEEEEEDOM

Shit. I got mixed up and thought you were the fella claiming to be descended from Alfred the great.

ISS is in a swimming pool fag

how bout you do something with your life worth being proud of? lemme guess you still live in your mums basement and work in retail? kissless fucking virgin kys

That is inordinately off. There have been about 372 reproductive generations since alfred died. It comes out as more than the population of britain at the time.

Since my cousins,brothers and sisters aren't claiming limousin I am it is rightful clay for my family