Hover parents

Anyone else feel like they have parents who are way too involved in their life?
I feel like I can't do anything on my own because I have a safety net that keeps me from failing.
>elementary-high school parents always coming to school talking to teachers.
>everyday is a repertoire of do this and do that.
>can't hold a job for more than a year
>early 20s, no gf, fired from last job, no plan of action for the future.
> no boundries on anything. Erything I do has to be an "informed family decision"
>parents always preaching the "be independent be an adult" bullshit but when I get my paycheck mailed home they're the first to get it and deposit it into their account so I have nothing saved up.
>knew abosolutely nothing about the real world until it was too late.

At this point idk if I even have the strength to survive. I'm so lethargic most of the time I only want to do something when someone tells me to do it...

Attached: FB_IMG_1523118996624.jpg (1608x1618, 98K)

Well, now that you're aware of all that, what's the first thing you wanna do OP?

lol one time i was dating a girl with a hoverdad
he was a douche too but this is about hovering specifically
>watching long ass 2 and a half hour long movie
>on couch, holding hands under blanket
>her dad comes down 10 mins into movie
>slav squats behind couch, in between both our faces
>stays like that for the entire movie
i'd say he was a master ruser but really he was just insane

>they take my check and deposit it
Literally impossible unless you are signing the back of the checks or they are coowners of your account and they are depositing it in your joint account in which case you should just remove them from your account now that you are old enough that they can't open the account for you.

also fair to mention his 3 kids ended up
>crazy junkie by 24, in prison for 10 years by 25
>crazy lesbian turned meth head by 27, fell off face of the earth
and my ex
>went to college
>became slut
>bunch of drugs
>quit after 3 years to move in with tweaker sister
you pretty much should really try to fix your life and get away from your parents senpai
no more of this half ass shit

Id like to get the fuck away from here as soon as possible but idk how. I have no diploma or work experience other than retail and sales and no contacts. If I were to leave now I'd be homeless for sure for God knows how long.

It's an account that was opened up under my name because my parents have their own financial issues...
Like running their entire life savings into a shitty business they knew nothing about.

being homeless isn't bad. you can go wherever you want and start new there using state/city aid to find housing and work. from your sitch it sounds like being homeless for a while will actually give you way more opportunities than you have now.

Literally close them out of the account.
Go to the bank and remove them from the account and close any cards they have attached to the account.
What are they going to do kick you out?
At least you will have money then.

It's complicated.. as much as I'd love to take the money and leave them for dead idk if I have the will to do that...

Now that you have your goal in mind OP, how serious are you about achieving that goal?

I've thought about it but this is how I see it playing out.

Become homeless and have motivation to try and improve myself but eventually run out of said motivation and end up hitting the ground harder than I started.
I do want it but maybe not as much. I'm exhausted from fighting to maintain what little personar identity I have left of my family...Im exhausted of trying to impress people I'm just tired of it all. For what reason should I continue to try to live when all that awaits me is mediocrity and debauchery.

i don't give a shit how you see it playing out, you have no experience, no perspective. "how you see it" is total and complete 100% pre fab BULLSHIT
leave your shitty family behind and stop getting in your own stupid way
nothing worse than a faggot who holds himself back forever

If you only "kinda" want it, you have 2 choices really.

Option 1 is to decide for yourself that you actually really want it and be willing to pursue it.

Option 2 is to stop dreaming and move on to find something you actually want to pursue.

OP, just be aware that it is going to be pursuing your own personal goal that will shape your identity. Far more than any of the drudgery you're going through with trying to impress people you're tired of.

on the flip side of calling you a spineless bitch, i will tell you about the first time i was homeless. it was a lot like your situation. stupid home life with no opportunity anywhere. one day i quit my job and said fuck all of this forever, walked out of town with my backpack. hitch hiked 1700 miles and found a cool town in Washington state. was homeless there sleeping in bushes for 1.5 months, used city aid to get a job and an apartment for 3 months, then by the time that lease was out i managed to get a subsisized house for 6mo, by the time that 6mo was over i was making enough to afford the house without the subsidy and i've been living here for 6 years now and love it. don't talk to my family at all.

Idk sounds great and all but how do you define a "cool town". Not to mention I doubt there are still the same housing opportunities as 6 years ago

fuck off with your "i doubt" bullshit. you know absolutely jack shit dude. you know your life is nothing but you sit there and pretend you know about shit. you don't. cut it out. longer you think like that longer you'll continue to do nothing.
a "cool town" would be a place that suits your interests/what you want in a town. I lived in Spokane because it was easy to be homeless there, lots of good public aid, townie vibes from a relatively big urban area, and it's 30 mins away from the wilderness.
as far as your doubtful bullshit, I am still involved with public aid and i can tell you 100% that services have only gotten stronger since i've been here.
seriously stop getting in your own way and convincing yourself that's how it has to be. fuck that.

So where can I get started? What do I look up? Can I do that in my current city or do I have to move?

you can probably do it in your current place. if i were you though i'd try somewhere new. may as well take the chance to see another part of the country. bus tickets are cheap.
anyways, start out by looking up your local salvation army or catholic charities, go there and ask them where to go to get on foodstamps, where the housing authority is, workforce, drop ins, community feeds. they will tell you a bunch of good shit and point you in the right directions for anything else. go around and talk to all the different places. find out everything you can. if you do this you will end up knowing where to eat, sleep, do laundry etc. for free and start getting yourself set up to do workforce programs/temp agency shit for a job and get yourself on any free housing waiting lists. they also may be able to set you up with free gear (tarp, tent, sleeping bag, backpack)

also, MEAN IT. these places see hundreds of shitty useless drug addicts and bums. there is some red tape. CRUSH THE RED TAPE. if you actually show that you're putting in effort, you will be helped. public aid officials will absolutely love you if you really try to help yourself.

Not OP but please explain? I'm in a similar situation

Explain what, gibs questions. Already explained some stuff.