Boyfriend Got in an Unexpected Argument

My boyfriend is apolitical. He doesn't care about politics and he doesn't argue about it. The only time he'll bother to bring it up is if it involves history or music, but he won't stand for people discussing / arguing over Trump or Hillary, the election, the alt-right, Antifa, BLM, racism, etc. He thinks it's droll and a nuisance because of how high and mighty others will act about it. If it wasn't for the fact that he had a job, he'd probably be an anarchist because of his complete mistrust in the government and the system (from what little political discussion I've heard him engage in). We've been dating for two years.
Last night, we met with some of my friends (seven of us total). Two of them (another couple) are in Antifa (and self proclaimed anarchists) and yes they are extremely obnoxious but I've known them forever. Of course, the conversation devolved into politics. My boyfriend looked incredibly unnerved the entire time. When our Antifa friends began talking about taking on the government, my boyfriend finally spoke up and asked what their plan would be once the government was gone. What they ended up describing was, as I figured, the founding of a social democracy. He didn't look amused at this response and went off on a short tangent basically berating them, telling them that they're not actually anarchists. This surprised everyone since he's never been this outspoken before, and it seemed to irritate my friends in Antifa.
Today, he said he's not interested in going out with my friends again if the couple is coming. Said he doesn't want to hear hour long spiels of regurgitated information from HuffPo and Buzzfeed, and he has no interest in dealing with snarky know it alls who think they've got it all figured out.
Is he in the right here? I think a lot of my other friends have been sick of this couple for a while, but he's the first one to actually say something. Would it be a good idea to talk to the couple and tell them to simmer down on the politics?

Attached: demandrep.jpg (512x246, 46K)

Your boyfriend sounds like a GC. Would buy a beer.

Sounds like hes made up his mind, theres no turning back from here. Also, we need more people like him in the world who are politically aware but don't give a fuck. He knows whats going on.

Talk to the couple yourself, hang out with them yourself. In my personal experience, no good usually comes out of dealings with antifa affiliated individuals. But, do not expect him to change his mind on this.

But hey, what do I know

He's not unreasonable from where he's coming from, but I say a good first step would definitely be talking to your friends and telling them to chill with the political talk when hanging out with people who don't want to talk about politics, and if that doesn't work then just dont bring your boyfriend around them and vice versa.

>Is he in the right here?
In terms of them being douchebags who don't know what real anarchism is? Yes. He's absolutely right.

I feel for him, user. He lost his cool and probably feels annoyed that he got dragged into a conversation like that. I used to be like that and got infuriated when people tried to drag me into political discussions.

Also I bet your bf is a libertarian at heart. He may be left or right libertarian, but he's probably libertarian. Kudos. He's a keeper.

>If it wasn't for the fact that he had a job, he'd probably be an anarchist because of his complete mistrust in the government and the system (from what little political discussion I've heard him engage in).

lol it sounds like you don't understand him at all
also he probably got tired of being around people who involve themselves in "politics" at the most superficial level possible (protip: people are superficial on politics because people are superficial in general)

>What they ended up describing was, as I figured, the founding of a social democracy. He didn't look amused at this response and went off on a short tangent basically berating them, telling them that they're not actually anarchists.
> Said he doesn't want to hear hour long spiels of regurgitated information from HuffPo and Buzzfeed, and he has no interest in dealing with snarky know it alls who think they've got it all figured out.

He doesn't sound apolitical at all actually he sounds like he's politically stuck in the closet and occasionally lashes out at those who are open about their own views.

>he's probably libertarian. Kudos. He's a keeper.

lol

>he's probably libertarian. Kudos. He's a keeper.
Top kek

>Also, we need more people like him in the world who are politically aware but don't give a fuck.

He gives so little of a fuck that he's going on a friends strike and forcing his gf to choose between him and them because he doesn't agree with their opinions. He's SO not giving a fuck, what a cool cucumber he is

I think it's not that he doesn't agree, he just doesn't want to hear their incessant babbling about politics.
That's really more annoying than anything.

Lmao, asshurt antifashitter spotted

>he just doesn't want to hear their incessant babbling about politics.

If he were actually apolitical then it shouldn't bother him.

Your boyfriend is in the right and you should support his no-nonsense disposition.

I said not a single thing about antifa but okay sure I can be your strawman if you want

He’s in the right, simply because your friends sound obnoxious. I don’t know them personally, but allowing every conversation to be used as a way of indoctrinating your friends into an ideology makes it sounds like they care more about it than you.

>Should I side with my caring boyfriend who's obviously in the right or should I side with annoying cunts who are out of their minds
What do you think bitch?

>people regurgitate shit
>OPs Bo tells them how it is.
There is nothing wrong with letting the sheep know how little they actually know.

What's the problem? He called them out on their shit, and doesn't want to deal with their drivel anymore. Just don't invite him to events where they will be, and vice versa.

While your friends are annoying your boyfriend is even worse, in my opinion. Nothing is quite more repugnant and despicable than some apolitical fence sitter who doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone unless it directly affects him. Taking a stance takes courage. Even being a shit-eating Nazi takes a modicum of courage. I think they should all be thrown off a cliff but at least they're willing to take responsibility for their ideas and participate. Throwing your hands up and refusing to be apart of the conversation because you think you're above it takes no courage at all. Its the bottom of the barrel as far as political leanings go. On top of that, the only time he even bothers to speak up is when someone else's position irritates him. I mean, fuck all the ins and outs of ANTIFA, these people at least have the balls to commit to an ideal, as misguided as it may be. He dismisses people for regurgitating information from HuffPo and Buzzfeed yet doesn't contribute anything himself. He just sits on the sidelines and criticizes people for the way they debate and the foundation of their arguments while he believes he's above even getting involved. Fucking yuck, dude. Your boyfriend sucks. More so, if you guys can't figure this whole thing out as adults and sit in front of each other to eat food and drink for a few hours every month you're all just as shitty and headfucked as your boyfriend is. Also, 6/10. Solid bait.

Attached: 1491519469869.png (460x352, 312K)

Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy, even though I probably disagree fundamentally with his political viewpoint.

Is it so unreasonable to not want to hear people who act like the pinnacle of intelligence even though they do not have even the most surface understanding of what they claim to believe in? Why is it wrong to not want to talk to some of the most obnoxious people in the world? Is it so bad if you want to avoid the quintessential douchebag?

Also, OP, are you such a passive person that you have to consult Jow Forums, of all places, about a most simple situation and a situation that you know the solution to?

This is ridiculous. Back up your boyfriend and tell your other friends to shut up.

As much as I hate antifa, your bf sounds insufferable.

Attached: centrism.png (640x480, 14K)

Why would somebody blathering on about something you don't want to talk about, completely precluding any other topic of discussion, not bother you?

The thing about socializing is it's optional. A lot of people like your boyfriend like to spend their free time relaxing and enjoying themselves, and don't like to discuss sex, religion, or politics in mixed company. Just imagine if one of your friends was a devout Bible banger, one was a Jew, and one was a Muslim. Does that sound like a fun time if they discuss who the true God is?

I don't blame your boyfriend for not wanting to waste his time.

The only reason anybody spends all their time talking about politics and nothing else is because they HAVE nothing else. OPs cunt friends need to get a life, and so do you.

>people who don't take a stance are cowards
>I hate everybody who takes a stance other than my [insert milquetoast centrist bootlicking here] ideology.

Politics aside, he shouldn't have to hang out with friends of yours that annoys him. He's allowed to pass on any events involving your friends, regardless of the reason, because he's an adult who gets to choose his free time.

If you want to talk to the couple and call them annoying cunts on behalf, however, that's your prerogative. Don't speak for him if you do that, however. Speak for yourself and how you feel about them.

Yeah your friends sound obnoxious as fuck, and I would not be surprised at all if they're the type of people who can't let everyone around them know they're Antifa for 2 seconds. Fuck what everyone else in this thread says too, if he doesn't have a stance politically, who gives a shit. I'm sure he can't be bothered with being staunchly left or staunchly right, and if your friends were neo-Nazis(although desu, sjws are way worse) he'd probably have the same reaction to them. Anyone who is extremely outspoken about politics is annoying as all hell, and I don't blame him for wanting nothing to do with them.

>how dare you not be an extremist

Your boyfriend isn't apolitical. Its more than likely he knows you wouldn't agree with his positions and he doesnt want to have a fight about it.
Its also safe to say he is sick of today's political climate, and doesnt want to engage with people about it one way or the other anymore, but one man can only bite his tounge for so long, and your retarded douche friends just pushed him over his boiling point.

He isnt in the wrong for not wanting to associate with the crazies you put up with for no other reason than "but iv known these idiots for so long!"

You love him enough to respect that or you don't.

"I thought what i do was, pretend i was a deaf mute."

Are you really asking us if Antifa retards are right or the other guy in question?

Because no one with a brain would ever tell you that Antifa retards could be right about anything